Cornwall Football Forum

Covid rules

16 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Probably one of the inane swpl rules.

Believe that all step 6 clubs are assumed by the FA to have a capacity of 1000 for these purposes. Listening to Phil Hiscox on the subject, it is due to grounds at this level not having local authority and fire service certification (not that they are required to).

37 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Let’s clear things up about the 4,000 / 2,000 mention.

This is for elite sports only where the ground is licensed under the safety at sports ground.

It does not apply lower than the national league in football.

Quite right, we should have made that clear ! Argyle and Exeter will only be allowed 2,000 as they are in tier 2 Devon !

3 minutes ago, iand said:

Does anyone know how many 300 plus crowds we had last season over the Xmas festive period ?

Thursday 26th December 2019
SWPW Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) 0 6 Newquay 323
SWPW Helston Athletic 4 1 Porthleven 366
SWPW Mousehole 4 0 Penzance 236
SWPW St Blazey 0 1 AFC St Austell 280
SWPW Sticker 0 1 St Dennis 92
SWPW Wendron United 0 3 Falmouth Town 161

None in the East - the Millbrook v Torpoint match was 287

2 hours ago, Harry P said:

Blimey Jeff i disagreed with one club decision not stole the crown jewels 😉 maybe I shouldn't of aired my opinion on here maybe I should but regardless FTFC have and will always have my full support especially the current regime and you for what you've done to help rejuvenate the club.

Keep up the good work 👍

Rob,

Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course. My only gripe was you using the new F-Troop members to hammer home your point about only adults in the clubhouse. Its not their fault. Lots of the new troopers were regulars back in the 70's & 80's. We are expanding numbers at a rapid rate and have lots of new ideas when covid is over. We need to be encouraging new members, that's how we will take the club to a new level, which we all want.

There has also been a very small minority who seem to have pulled away since the reformation of the FBB/F-Troop, that's their choice. There has even been a few moans and groans about the boom box in the clubhouse. Can you believe that ? The boom box is used 1 hour before a home game in the clubhouse once every 2 weeks to get the atmosphere going !! for the remaining 13 days and 23 hours a fortnight it's boom box free. Not intrusive at all in my book. 

But it is what it is and the clubs in a brilliant position with a cracking young, local team, potentially big crowds, Bickland Park looks amazing, thanks to many people including  a few of the new returning F-troopers who rebuilt the Packet End, rebuilt the dugouts and built a press box, plus all the painting that's been done around the ground. And this was all largely financed by the FBB/F-TROOP REUNITED GROUP doing a fund raiser among members.

Nothing personal Rob, we can agree to disagree but hopefully we will be together celebrating a famous Vase victory this Saturday. Jeff. UTT

14 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Rob,

Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course. My only gripe was you using the new F-Troop members to hammer home your point about only adults in the clubhouse. Its not their fault. Lots of the new troopers were regulars back in the 70's & 80's. We are expanding numbers at a rapid rate and have lots of new ideas when covid is over. We need to be encouraging new members, that's how we will take the club to a new level, which we all want.

There has also been a very small minority who seem to have pulled away since the reformation of the FBB/F-Troop, that's their choice. There has even been a few moans and groans about the boom box in the clubhouse. Can you believe that ? The boom box is used 1 hour before a home game in the clubhouse once every 2 weeks to get the atmosphere going !! for the remaining 13 days and 23 hours a fortnight it's boom box free. Not intrusive at all in my book. 

But it is what it is and the clubs in a brilliant position with a cracking young, local team, potentially big crowds, Bickland Park looks amazing, thanks to many people including  a few of the new returning F-troopers who rebuilt the Packet End, rebuilt the dugouts and built a press box, plus all the painting that's been done around the ground. And this was all largely financed by the FBB/F-TROOP REUNITED GROUP doing a fund raiser among members.

Nothing personal Rob, we can agree to disagree but hopefully we will be together celebrating a famous Vase victory this Saturday. Jeff. UTT

Absolutely mate , not everyone agrees with everything in life !

I've said before ,the ground looks great and it's a great place to be again thanks to alot of hardwork from alot of people, the way we all clubbed together for ground improvements etc was fantastic ,see you Saturday general 👍

7 minutes ago, Harry P said:

I've said before ,the ground looks great and it's a great place to be again thanks to alot of hardwork from alot of people, the way we all clubbed together for ground improvements etc was fantastic ,see you Saturday general 👍

See you Saturday Rob. Im buzzing already :)  UTT

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:
Thursday 26th December 2019
SWPW Godolphin Atlantic (Newquay) 0 6 Newquay 323
SWPW Helston Athletic 4 1 Porthleven 366
SWPW Mousehole 4 0 Penzance 236
SWPW St Blazey 0 1 AFC St Austell 280
SWPW Sticker 0 1 St Dennis 92
SWPW Wendron United 0 3 Falmouth Town 161

None in the East - the Millbrook v Torpoint match was 287

Honestly surprised it was only 2, this year would have been potentially many more with local games being played on Sat 26th and Mon 28th

I DO NOT LIKE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD “COVID RULES” IT ONLY NEEDS AN “OK” ON THE END TO BECOME THE COVID SUPPORTERS CHANT! 
COVID CAN BE BEATEN. ONLY A FEW WEEKS LEFT BEFORE A VACCINE COMES ON LINE. SO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE, BE A SHAME TO SCREW UP AND DIE JUST BEFORE YOUR JAB’S DUE.

THE  OTHER POINT  IS THAT IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT FALMOUTH. THEY DON’T RULE EITHER!

There is no minimum or maximum number for spectators in Step 6 Leagues but the Leagues Committee arrived at 300 as 30% of a nominal maximum of 1,000. I don't recall that restriction being changed recently but would be surprised if any football club in Cornwall, under current Safety at Sports Ground regulations, could legally host a crowd of 4,000!

5 hours ago, Harry P said:

Make up your mind. One minute your going elsewhere, the next your back again. 🤣

32 minutes ago, John Mead said:

There is no minimum or maximum number for spectators in Step 6 Leagues but the Leagues Committee arrived at 300 as 30% of a nominal maximum of 1,000. I don't recall that restriction being changed recently but would be surprised if any football club in Cornwall, under current Safety at Sports Ground regulations, could legally host a crowd of 4,000!

Never likely to get a 1000 let alone 3 or 4000!

3 hours ago, Bruegel the Elder said:

I DO NOT LIKE THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD “COVID RULES” IT ONLY NEEDS AN “OK” ON THE END TO BECOME THE COVID SUPPORTERS CHANT! 
COVID CAN BE BEATEN. ONLY A FEW WEEKS LEFT BEFORE A VACCINE COMES ON LINE. SO BE CAREFUL OUT THERE, BE A SHAME TO SCREW UP AND DIE JUST BEFORE YOUR JAB’S DUE.

THE  OTHER POINT  IS THAT IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT FALMOUTH. THEY DON’T RULE EITHER!

But they think they rule!

12 hours ago, baldy said:

With a lot of clubs / leagues unwilling to play with no fans or fans and no clubhouse, looks like another incomplete season especially after the post Xmas surge in infections.

I do not see why a clubhouse is a necessity as a game of football does not need a clubhouse!

Just now, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yes Al...a minority of one! 

The days of making good money from inside a clubhouse are gone. The profit these days is on food and by the time you pay someone to cook and set up all the equipment etc for such a small customer base would never work. The profits from the sale of beer were back when Falmouth had their clubhouse in Arrwenack Avenue, packed to the front door. The present clubhouse is dire and wants a complete refurb to make it anywhere near appealing, and that is just being viewed thru the window!

54 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

The days of making good money from inside a clubhouse are gone. The profit these days is on food and by the time you pay someone to cook and set up all the equipment etc for such a small customer base would never work. The profits from the sale of beer were back when Falmouth had their clubhouse in Arrwenack Avenue, packed to the front door. The present clubhouse is dire and wants a complete refurb to make it anywhere near appealing, and that is just being viewed thru the window!

Right and wrong Al.

Yes inside needs a refurb probably, clubhouse looks busy but don't know about the social distancing inside or out so I don't go in.

1 hour ago, BIG AL said:

I bet you even lick the windows when you are peeping in.

9 hours ago, BIG AL said:

that is just being viewed thru the window!

So you can find the time and muster some effort and extract yourself from your keyboard to go to the clubhouse and look through the window to find something wrong, do this on a match day and you might actually find you enjoy yourself! Stranger things have happened. 

On 30/11/2020 at 16:58, John Mead said:

Update; confirmation from FA late last night that the maximum of 300 spectator limit at Step 6 is still in place.

9 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

10 hours ago, silly billy said:

I bet you even lick the windows when you are peeping in.

They need that to clean them!

1 hour ago, Kernowfooty said:

So you can find the time and muster some effort and extract yourself from your keyboard to go to the clubhouse and look through the window to find something wrong, do this on a match day and you might actually find you enjoy yourself! Stranger things have happened. 

And the committee might even smile and say hello, a chance in hell !

12 hours ago, BIG AL said:

Partly agree with you on this AL. Clubhouses are just like pubs in that it is now very difficult to make money just from selling drinks. Football clubs (just like many pubs) have to help their survival by diversifying their offering into food (where there are decent profits to be made) and making them seven day a week community spaces. Helston are a good example of this.

Lot of upfront investment needed in terms of staffing, facilities and equipment to make this happen though.

We will offer up the same old chestnut we have been rambling on about for some time, to the point of boring the pants off some contributers.
We ran a business for a number of years before retiring, and if we had spent everything we earned unwisely, and put nothing aside for a rainy day we would have joined the benefits queue long ago.
The same criteria applies to the football world, spend it as you get it, and as sure as eggs are eggs that rainy day will arrive and you could be caught out big time.
We have seen a number of established clubs that have had to rely on crowdfunding to do basic maintenance, and upgrades that should have been done as a matter of regular maintenance and upkeep, and before any budget for players was even discussed.
Grants of up to £100,000 are available from the F.A. at Peninsula League level, for all manner of ground and facility improvements at football stadia, and is appropiately named The Football Stadia Improvement Fund.
If this level of funding is available, why are fans still able to complain about the state of stadia, and why is crowdfunding necessary when this volume of money is available to grassroots football.
It's also the case, that when the total £100,000 has been claimed and paid to a club, they can apply for funding again after a further 5 years have elapsed.
This information is available on the F.A. website and can be corroborated there.
Maybe some clubs should ask themselves why they are in the financial position they are in, and look to see if the reasons can be dealt with in house.
We looked at a couple of relative newbies to this level of football in Mid Cornwall and the level of improvements they have made to their stadia is quite remarkable for a couple of clubs that have arrived on the scene from a league that has been referred to as the " Fish & Chips League "
Anyone who has visited the village clubs at St Dennis and Sticker, can surely only be impressed with the way they have invested in their facilities both for their supporters, players and officials, all of which put some of the more established clubs facilities to shame.
In a nutshell the financial woes we are hearing about are not all attributable to Covid 19,

The newer clubs are where established clubs were when they started, keen, young and plenty of volunteers, it will slow down as they all get older for sure.

Plus when established clubs had what the newer ones had...enthusiasm in bucket loads there was no grant money available like there is today.

Grant money is not free from my understanding, you have to match fund 30% or put the money in yourself! 

It is a long, long application process that someone has to commit too as well.

It is not thrown at you without a lot of work.

2 hours ago, We Two said:

We will offer up the same old chestnut we have been rambling on about for some time, to the point of boring the pants off some contributers.
We ran a business for a number of years before retiring, and if we had spent everything we earned unwisely, and put nothing aside for a rainy day we would have joined the benefits queue long ago.
The same criteria applies to the football world, spend it as you get it, and as sure as eggs are eggs that rainy day will arrive and you could be caught out big time.
We have seen a number of established clubs that have had to rely on crowdfunding to do basic maintenance, and upgrades that should have been done as a matter of regular maintenance and upkeep, and before any budget for players was even discussed.
Grants of up to £100,000 are available from the F.A. at Peninsula League level, for all manner of ground and facility improvements at football stadia, and is appropiately named The Football Stadia Improvement Fund.
If this level of funding is available, why are fans still able to complain about the state of stadia, and why is crowdfunding necessary when this volume of money is available to grassroots football.
It's also the case, that when the total £100,000 has been claimed and paid to a club, they can apply for funding again after a further 5 years have elapsed.
This information is available on the F.A. website and can be corroborated there.
Maybe some clubs should ask themselves why they are in the financial position they are in, and look to see if the reasons can be dealt with in house.
We looked at a couple of relative newbies to this level of football in Mid Cornwall and the level of improvements they have made to their stadia is quite remarkable for a couple of clubs that have arrived on the scene from a league that has been referred to as the " Fish & Chips League "
Anyone who has visited the village clubs at St Dennis and Sticker, can surely only be impressed with the way they have invested in their facilities both for their supporters, players and officials, all of which put some of the more established clubs facilities to shame.
In a nutshell the financial woes we are hearing about are not all attributable to Covid 19,

Clubs throwing large "expenses" at groups of itinerant players instead of investing in the ground, facilities and infrastructure. Who would have thought that chickens would come home to roost? Some of spoken about how players should defer or forego "expense" payments at the moment to help clubs through this crisis, sure many have have their thoughts on the likelihood of that happening.

1 hour ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

The newer clubs are where established clubs were when they started, keen, young and plenty of volunteers, it will slow down as they all get older for sure.

Plus when established clubs had what the newer ones had...enthusiasm in bucket loads there was no grant money available like there is today.

Grant money is not free from my understanding, you have to match fund 30% or put the money in yourself! 

It is a long, long application process that someone has to commit too as well.

It is not thrown at you without a lot of work.

St Dennis are listed on the S.W.P.L. website as being founded in 1902 and Sticker in 1911, in their programme Sticker in its present form started in 1968/9 season, St Dennis we are not sure but they have been around as long if not longer than their counterparts in Sticker.
We realise that money is not thrown at you without a lot of work Older, but isn't that true with life, you reap what you sow and if you are not prepared to work for it, is there a good reason why money should be made available without some sort of effort.
Last season, and I think i have mentioned this before, when we queried with a Sticker official how they were able to upgrade their facilities to such an extent, the reply was along the lines " we are careful where we spend our money ".
Their website shows a sizeable committee the size of which we guess would be substantially smaller if income was mainly spent on "players expences " in an effort to put a bit of silverware on display.
We believe that one of the main reasons for not being able to attract interest within clubs, is because people will not work to pay silly amounts of money to people who have no loyalty to a club and will leave them in the lurch as soon as the money runs out.
Reinvestment is a great criteria if you are prepared to stick with it.