Cornwall Football Forum

Covid rules

Does anyone really understand the new covid rules, for instance if I travel over from Plymouth to watch a game in Cornwall am I allowed to go for a drink afterwards. The same applies for the players. My neighbour who plays golf at China Fleet has been told as he lives in Devon he will not be allowed in for a drink after he has played, seems strange to me and I wander is it even manageable 

You actually have to abide by your tier restrictions. It’s absolutely ridiculous the fact you can run around with your team mates all game get changed and then while they go in a club house for a drink the players from Devon have to go home 

not sure where that leaves st blazey club house on a Saturday when I gues most of the squad are from Plymouth 

All the rules and restrictions are only as good as the people that follow them.   It's clear to us that whatever tier you are in, if there are people that are prepared to ignore the rules ( seen a few on this forum ) then the virus will continue to spread.
We've yet to hear an explanation as to why the pandemic reduces and levels out during a lockdown, if social distancing isn't the reason.
Blame the government, the opposition or whoever you like, if we choose to ignore the advice of the epidemiologist at the top of their profession, then we will suffer the consequences.
Highly populated areas of the country where contact is more likely to happen is proof if proof is needed.
The bottom line is, the choice is yours, please choose the sensible one.

It’s pretty simple to understand... you take your tier with you. What’s the confusion? Football doesn’t override government regulations! And if anyone  is happy with flouting the rules why not post selfie’s of yourselves doing so and send them openly to the FA under your clubs names .. .... no??? Then it’s obvious you’d be in the wrong. Stick to the rules, stop the spread 

7 hours ago, Martin McHugh said:

It's simple      you take your tier with you as stated in first answer.  It is going to be reviewed every 2 weeks so it is down to common sense and sensibility!!!!     

We are all buggered then I guess!!!!

MQx

So we're in Tier 1.  Can I goto a pub in tier 2 and have a drink without food? 

28 minutes ago, hoppit said:

No you abide to the higher tier rules.

So you don't take your tier with you!!! 

if you live in a tier 2 area, you must continue to follow tier 2 rules when you travel to a tier 1 area. Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities.You can travel through a tier 3 area as a part of a longer journey

There's the official ruling from the gov site. 

4 hours ago, St Darren said:

So you don't take your tier with you!!! 

if you live in a tier 2 area, you must continue to follow tier 2 rules when you travel to a tier 1 area. Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities.You can travel through a tier 3 area as a part of a longer journey

There's the official ruling from the gov site. 

So can a player living in a tier 2 area travel to a tier 1 area just to play football?

The club said for the last game in the vase against abingdon as a one off kids were not allowed in  to get more beer drinking adults in to generate more income which I get but we were there when the clubhouse was empty and 60/70 in the ground , my child is impeccably behaved by the way ! Like I said we'll be taking our cash elsewhere next Saturday!

20 minutes ago, Harry P said:

The club said for the last game in the vase against abingdon as a one off kids were not allowed in  to get more beer drinking adults in to generate more income which I get but we were there when the clubhouse was empty and 60/70 in the ground , my child is impeccably behaved by the way ! Like I said we'll be taking our cash elsewhere next Saturday!

I am not surprised, Falmouth Town seem to have an attitude problem against spectators for some reason, unless you are one of the elite few.

7 hours ago, Richard Chown said:

Right I will keep this simple:

Tier 1: Pints

Tier 2: Pints with chips

Tier 3: No pints

How ridiculous!

3 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I am not surprised, Falmouth Town seem to have an attitude problem against spectators for some reason, unless you are one of the elite few.

How ridiculous!

I'm more disappointed than angry , I fully appreciate we are in unprecedented times and it is only the clubhouse but to claim to be a family club then put this rule in place for some of the most loyal fans really leaves a bad taste!

2 hours ago, Harry P said:

I'm more disappointed than angry , I fully appreciate we are in unprecedented times and it is only the clubhouse but to claim to be a family club then put this rule in place for some of the most loyal fans really leaves a bad taste!

Appreciate your disappointment about after the game, but Isn’t it more about watching and supporting your team on the pitch?

38 minutes ago, Footy follower said:

NO... Not if they are treating spectators like that it isn't.. Surely? 

That’s just it - you can still be spectators, cheering on your team to win.
As a supporter of the club, in these troubled times when none of us can have what we really want, I would have thought its what happens on the pitch which is more important.

Yeah, ideally everyone would be able to go in the clubhouse afterwards, but unfortunately that isn’t possible at the moment. Disappointing for this reason they’re not going to cheer their team on. Shame for the young ones too.

8 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

As a supporter of the club, in these troubled times when none of us can have what we really want, I would have thought its what happens on the pitch which is more important.

Yeah, ideally everyone would be able to go in the clubhouse afterwards, but unfortunately that isn’t possible at the moment. Disappointing for this reason they’re not going to cheer their team on. Shame for the young ones too.

Absolutely we can still be spectators (not guaranteed with 300 limit and everyone in clubhouse on the beer from lunchtime paying early )

I've been taking my 10 year old to games since he was old enough home and away as have a few others and half hour or so in the clubhouse has always been part of our matchday routine, we've been pushed aside so spectators who've been going for a few months can get on the pxxs , like I said leaves a very bad taste and my boy now doesn't feel welcome at our local club .

10 minutes ago, Harry P said:

Absolutely we can still be spectators (not guaranteed with 300 limit and everyone in clubhouse on the beer from lunchtime paying early )

I've been taking my 10 year old to games since he was old enough home and away as have a few others and half hour or so in the clubhouse has always been part of our matchday routine, we've been pushed aside so spectators who've been going for a few months can get on the pxxs , like I said leaves a very bad taste and my boy now doesn't feel welcome at our local club .

Does seem a bit of a poor decision on behalf of the club.

The old saying springs to mind "never sh*t on your own doorstep"

13 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Oh me personally I would only go for the footy anyway but it's understandable how they feel. 

It's not all about the f troop

Harry P is entitled to be fed up. He is one of the few of us who kept going to watch the Town play when we were struggling for many years.

However, the club have become a victim of their own success. They have generated massive interest in the area to the point where they are challenging St Austell to be the best supported club in the league. Now with the lockdown restrictions, they find themselves unable to accommodate everyone safely. The club simply can't not host the away teams and their supporters and something has to give.  As some children (not Harry's) find it difficult to social distance, the toughest but safest solution is to make the clubhouse adults only for the afternoon.

Unfortunate but they didn't real!y have much choice in my opinion.

Oh dear. Reading some of the above comments is sad. All i know is in my book every single F-Trooper is equal and valued. Whether its their first game or they haven't missed a game for 50 years. As long as they come and support Falmouth Town that's good enough for 99.5% of us. But you will always get some fans who think they are better than others i guess. What a load of old codswallop !!!

The decision for adults only in the clubhouse for the Vase game next Saturday was made by the committee of Falmouth Town AFC. That's their job. There's nothing anyone can do about it.

They have their reasons for their decisions so we all need to just turn up and support Falmouth Town to another famous victory. UTT 

Reported by the B.B.C. that a maximum of 4,000 fans will be allowed at outdoor events in the lowest risk areas, when the four week lockdown ends on December 2nd.
Up to 2,000 in tier 2 and none in tier 3.
It appears that this is a government directive and dissapointing as it may be for Big Al, referees, assistant referees, C.C.F.A. the F.A. S.W.P.L. officials and club Chairmen and their committees are not responsible for government set guidelines. 😜

12 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Oh dear. Reading some of the above comments is sad. All i know is in my book every single F-Trooper is equal and valued. Whether its their first game or they haven't missed a game for 50 years. As long as they come and support Falmouth Town that's good enough for 99.5% of us. But you will always get some fans who think they are better than others i guess. What a load of old codswallop !!!

The decision for adults only in the clubhouse for the Vase game next Saturday was made by the committee of Falmouth Town AFC. That's their job. There's nothing anyone can do about it.

They have their reasons for their decisions so we all need to just turn up and support Falmouth Town to another famous victory. UTT 

Blimey Jeff i disagreed with one club decision not stole the crown jewels 😉 maybe I shouldn't of aired my opinion on here maybe I should but regardless FTFC have and will always have my full support especially the current regime and you for what you've done to help rejuvenate the club.

Keep up the good work 👍