Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS OF FA VASE - ST. BLAZEY V HELSTON ATHLETIC

1 hour ago, Laws of the Game said:

Surely as commentator and summariser you would both start checking the laws of the game correctly so you don't spread rubbish in the penalty shootout regarding the sin bin. Please don't get "resident" referee Mr Edge on to clarify as he will most likely get it wrong again!

I always had great faith in the referee getting it correct! 👍😀

Sorry LOTG! Nothing to do with Deacs, it was just a quick thought I had!? Thought you had to finish the match to take a penalty in a shoot out? Can’t believe I didn’t check my laws of the game handbook I had on my lap next to my Blazey programme as I saw Coops walking up before I mentioned it!! It was the first sin bin I’d ever seen to be honest!!! 🤔😁

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Sorry LOTG! Nothing to do with Deacs, it was just a quick thought I had!? Thought you had to finish the match to take a penalty in a shoot out? Can’t believe I didn’t check my laws of the game handbook I had on my lap next to my Blazey programme as I saw Coops walking up before I mentioned it!! It was the first sin bin I’d ever seen to be honest!!! 🤔😁

Rappo - it is best to leave to officials as some of the laws / rules just don’t make sense to many of us. Sam received two yellows (making a red) in his last Vase game but as a red was allowed to serve that in a league game so eligible for this game - two Camels players got yellows in each of their earlier two Vase games and were banned from last weekends game - if they had both sworn at the ref after their penalties against Wadebridge and got second yellows (red) - they could have served their ban in a league match and would have been eligible for last weekends Vase match  How being sin binned at the end of the game means you are allowed back on for penalties just seems bizarre (especially as on another day the descent  could have been a yellow in any case - although I wasn’t present to hear what was said). 

6 hours ago, AndyBTFC said:

Hi PiranFilms

I don't suppose you got the highlights on the fight in the Helston changing rooms? Heard one lad had the other by the throat!

Coaches told services no longer required . Good players joining title rivals , players watching rival teams, not their own on match days ,and now fighting amongst supposed team mates after they've WON !!! Sounds like the dressing room has been lost 🤔 

10 hours ago, RAPPO said:

9 hours ago, Bobjfh said:

Rappo - it is best to leave to officials as some of the laws / rules just don’t make sense to many of us. Sam received two yellows (making a red) in his last Vase game but as a red was allowed to serve that in a league game so eligible for this game - two Camels players got yellows in each of their earlier two Vase games and were banned from last weekends game - if they had both sworn at the ref after their penalties against Wadebridge and got second yellows (red) - they could have served their ban in a league match and would have been eligible for last weekends Vase match  How being sin binned at the end of the game means you are allowed back on for penalties just seems bizarre (especially as on another day the descent  could have been a yellow in any case - although I wasn’t present to hear what was said). 

As a neutral observer there on the day I noticed this and mentioned it on another thread. I'm no expert on the dark arts of the Sin Bin but agree seems bizarre that being sin binned in the 87th minute I think it was, you can pop up less than 10 minutes later, after it's full time, and slot one away which the lad did. Apparently you can. Academic as it happens as Helston won the shoot out.

3 hours ago, mattelot said:

Coaches told services no longer required . Good players joining title rivals , players watching rival teams, not their own on match days ,and now fighting amongst supposed team mates after they've WON !!! Sounds like the dressing room has been lost 🤔 

Sounds perfect opportunity for Mass to do an interview with Piran Films and put a few things straight. He's not usually one to shy away from the silver screen! 

Do Helston train does anyone know? The devon boys looking rather rotund on the latest youtube, must be all the Ginsters in the car on way down ..

6 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Have many teams had a chance to train much at all since this season got underway? Pretty much Saturday - midweek - Saturday game schedule!

Shame we didn’t have a full set of midweek fixtures this week,crowds would have been good I would suspect