Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Grassroots Suspended till 2 December


Recommended Posts

According to that fine authority the Daily Star online, grassroots football will cease between 5 November and 2 December, assuming the albino muppet Virus Johnson gets his proposed lockdown passed by the House of Commons on Wednesday. Plenty of time to give away all the Cornish fish in exchange for concessions on City financial services before the New Year Brexit disaster. Have to get the whole squad down Trevegean Cliff again with a lantern tied to that dang old donkey's tail again, spose. Gotta eat.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

According to that fine authority the Daily Star online, grassroots football will cease between 5 November and 2 December, assuming the albino muppet Virus Johnson gets his proposed lockdown passed by the House of Commons on Wednesday. Plenty of time to give away all the Cornish fish in exchange for concessions on City financial services before the New Year Brexit disaster. Have to get the whole squad down Trevegean Cliff again with a lantern tied to that dang old donkey's tail again, spose. Gotta eat.  

Drink much?

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

According to that fine authority the Daily Star online, grassroots football will cease between 5 November and 2 December, assuming the albino muppet Virus Johnson gets his proposed lockdown passed by the House of Commons on Wednesday. Plenty of time to give away all the Cornish fish in exchange for concessions on City financial services before the New Year Brexit disaster. Have to get the whole squad down Trevegean Cliff again with a lantern tied to that dang old donkey's tail again, spose. Gotta eat.  

Hopefully  people will realise this is not a fake virus and start to do what is asked of them. 

When you have seen a perfectly healthy person fighting to live you will know that it's not fake. God bless anyone battling this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Clubman said:

Hopefully  people will realise this is not a fake virus and start to do what is asked of them. 

When you have seen a perfectly healthy person fighting to live you will know that it's not fake. God bless anyone battling this.

Well said Clubman.

We are just lucky we we live where we live, but it is here in our county as well so follow the advice to be fair to those who are at risk.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Pegs said:

Drink much?

Almost never, if you mean alcohol. I emphatically support the lockdown, though it is a shame Johnson did not have the sense to do what Starmer, Whitty, Sturgeon, Macron, Merkel and most epidemiologists told him to do weeks ago. His latest delaying policies caused several thousand more virus cases and some deaths. He has had no credibility in asking us to do anything since he covered for his puppet-master Cummings driving to Barnard Castle to test his eyesight. Those making millions by taking charge of test and trace, vaccine development and so on also seem to be unqualified cronies who went to school with his family or married Tory MPs. There's more useless, inbred nepotism than you'd ever see in Cornish football ! Still, at least we may get rid of Trump, even if it takes a few months, so there's cause for optimism too ! Once we have had a revolution, I agree heartily with Clubman that we should all do as we are asked, for a government that is coherent rather than self-contradictory, to save the NHS and many lives. The Tory party would have destroyed the NHS long ago if they could, just as the fascists in the USA are attacking Obamacare.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow when did this football forum Become a political platform for uneducated leftist Biased propagander!

Can we stick to discussing football and giving opinions On that topic, as for grassroots being suspended the FA  has stated they will decide on what action to take once they have received the full details from the government. 
so in the interests of avoiding fake news headlines you may want to add a question mark to the headline. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Professional football can continue but non league can't ... Stupid decision. Those in charge are a bunch of clowns. Just play behind closed doors. Use social distancing. Don't allow changing rooms use of sanitizer. An outdoor sport in the open air with the right measures is safe. I'd understand banning indoor sports but this is beyond ridiculous 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ozzybruv said:

Wow when did this football forum Become a political platform for uneducated leftist Biased propagander!

Can we stick to discussing football and giving opinions On that topic, as for grassroots being suspended the FA  has stated they will decide on what action to take once they have received the full details from the government. 
so in the interests of avoiding fake news headlines you may want to add a question mark to the headline. 

Oh - Isaac has his opinions as we all have. He certainly isn't uneducated and his heart is in the right place. Gets a little passionate at times 😊.

My concern is, that he is/was a lecturer at University or College and, I have fears as to what of his politics, he may pass on to students. 

I'm glad you are well Rodney. May God bless you sir.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Oh - Isaac has his opinions as we all have. He certainly isn't uneducated and his heart is in the right place. Gets a little passionate at times 😊.

My concern is, that he is/was a lecturer at University or College and, I have fears as to what of his politics, he may pass on to students. 

I'm glad you are well Rodney. May God bless you sir.

You're so right, Keith ! One of the greatest sources of pride in my life is the number of young people I have introduced, through the study of literature, to perspectives that question what I will politely call the currently dominant ideology of capitalism. To those who question the immediate relevance of politics to football, look at what motivated profiteering scum like Murdoch, Packer and Parry and the international slave traders who control big clubs. EVERYTHING is politics. Ozzybruv, you Spurs muppet ! Uneducated, that's a good one! My two Masters' degrees were from the Universities of Oxford and Warwick and if you want to read draft sections of my PhD thesis on Recidivist Paradoxes in the Early Poetry of Robert Graves, just ask. 32 years in education, mostly in management, including 14 years as Curriculum Team Leader at Truro College, then Faculty Head of Sixth Form and Creative Arts at Cornwall College. Okay, that was a bit like going from playing for Argentina to managing Tottingham Hotspud...we all make mistakes !

23 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Well said Clubman.

We are just lucky we we live where we live, but it is here in our county as well so follow the advice to be fair to those who are at risk.

 

Heartily support the lockdown but depre

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

You're so right, Keith ! One of the greatest sources of pride in my life is the number of young people I have introduced, through the study of literature, to perspectives that question what I will politely call the currently dominant ideology of capitalism. To those who question the immediate relevance of politics to football, look at what motivated profiteering scum like Murdoch, Packer and Parry and the international slave traders who control big clubs. EVERYTHING is politics. Ozzybruv, you Spurs muppet ! Uneducated, that's a good one! My two Masters' degrees were from the Universities of Oxford and Warwick and if you want to read draft sections of my PhD thesis on Recidivist Paradoxes in the Early Poetry of Robert Graves, just ask. 32 years in education, mostly in management, including 14 years as Curriculum Team Leader at Truro College, then Faculty Head of Sixth Form and Creative Arts at Cornwall College. Okay, that was a bit like going from playing for Argentina to managing Tottingham Hotspud...we all make mistakes !

Heartily support the lockdown but depre

Fully agree with you isaac...finish the line buddy...depre(?)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ozzybruv said:

Wow when did this football forum Become a political platform for uneducated leftist Biased propagander!

Can we stick to discussing football and giving opinions On that topic, as for grassroots being suspended the FA  has stated they will decide on what action to take once they have received the full details from the government. 
so in the interests of avoiding fake news headlines you may want to add a question mark to the headline. 

P.S. Hate to be such an uneducated English teacher, but "propagander" should end with an A and there is no need for a capital letter for every word beginning with B. I suggest a question mark after "opinions". I could suggest further improvements, but would not wish to demoralise you. Good try ! (Just sayin'!)

4 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Fully agree with you isaac...finish the line buddy...depre(?)

Cheers, Older...but deprecate the confused communication emanating from a desperate and corrupt government.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

P.S. Hate to be such an uneducated English teacher, but "propagander" should end with an A and there is no need for a capital letter for every word beginning with B. I suggest a question mark after "opinions". I could suggest further improvements, but would not wish to demoralise you. Good try ! (Just sayin'!)

Cheers, Older...but deprecate the confused communication emanating from a desperate and corrupt government.

Got it...I dislike the corrupt Eton mess as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Track and Trace is run by the wife of a Tory MP called Penrose who is meant to be in charge of rooting out corruption. They gave millions to SERCO, owned by a massive Tory donor. The Vaccine project is run by somebody who went to school with Johnson's sister. She has no health background or qualification to run it, as she admits. She has just given away a load of classified information to a bunch of Yank venture capitalists paying her 200 dollars a head for a Zoom call. They are so corrupt they're rotten. They're feathering their own nests while your granny is left to die because nobody over 60 can get any intensive care any more if they have covid. We might all be related down St Just, but you wouldn't put somebody in charge of all the money or sawing your leg off just because he was a cousin to Jethro, would'ee ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Track and Trace is run by the wife of a Tory MP called Penrose who is meant to be in charge of rooting out corruption. They gave millions to SERCO, owned by a massive Tory donor. The Vaccine project is run by somebody who went to school with Johnson's sister. She has no health background or qualification to run it, as she admits. She has just given away a load of classified information to a bunch of Yank venture capitalists paying her 200 dollars a head for a Zoom call. They are so corrupt they're rotten. They're feathering their own nests while your granny is left to die because nobody over 60 can get any intensive care any more if they have covid. We might all be related down St Just, but you wouldn't put somebody in charge of all the money or sawing your leg off just because he was a cousin to Jethro, would'ee ? 

The corruption goes deeper than that!

AND - to lose a leg down down yer way...just play the tinners!

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, ozzybruv said:

Unfortunately a PHD doesn’t  account for common sense or your leftist biased views, or automatically mean your opinions are correct. 
As for being a Spurs fan it doesn’t make me a muppet, it does however mean I support my boyhood club which makes me an eternal optimist. 
 

Me as well. 

Second in the league and above arse..nal.

COYS

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Keith B said:

Eton mess - isn't that a sweet or dessert ?

Yes, full of sugar and bad for you, like a g'eat meringue. In that, it resembles Virus Johnson: an Eton Mess indeed ! No wonder the Queen ordered it to be put it on the menu when she was hosting Trump and Johnson for a banquet. Talking of the corrupt ruling classes, should that be spelt "Bank it " ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ozzybruv said:

Unfortunately a PHD doesn’t  account for common sense or your leftist biased views, or automatically mean your opinions are correct. 
As for being a Spurs fan it doesn’t make me a muppet, it does however mean I support my boyhood club which makes me an eternal optimist. 
 

Why is this "unfortunate" ? "Common sense" implies universal understanding, which is a chimera. That which constitutes "common sense" is in fact politically and socially determined, in different temporal and spatial contexts, in different ways. It was once regarded as "common sense" to burn witches: read King Jamie the Sixth's "Daemonologie". I did not make an a priori assumption about you, deriving your muppetdom from your being a Spurs fan. I know at least three Spurs fans, two of them writing regularly here, who are coherent, literate and mentally well. You, however, remind me of Leontes. Shortly after his friend Polixenes describes their childhood nostalgically, he goes stark staring nuts ! I paraphrase...

"We were, my queen

Two lads that thought tomorrow like today

And to be Boy Eternal !"  

I think this might be your situation too. Nothing wrong with hope. Spurs were never any good till they got Greaves from Chelsea and being with your lot just turned him to drink. I believe you won something once after drawing with Anderlecht. Jimmy Neighbour did beat us in a cup final when I was about eight. That's about the height of it. Now you've got our poor old Mourinho playing the football of the past. He's on Instagram with Trump more than he's on the training field these days. Gareth Bale, there's another g'eat top-knotted has-been. I expect he's brought that Coronavirus Plus over from Spain.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Why is this "unfortunate" ? "Common sense" implies universal understanding, which is a chimera. That which constitutes "common sense" is in fact politically and socially determined, in different temporal and spatial contexts, in different ways. It was once regarded as "common sense" to burn witches: read King Jamie the Sixth's "Daemonologie". I did not make an a priori assumption about you, deriving your muppetdom from your being a Spurs fan. I know at least three Spurs fans, two of them writing regularly here, who are coherent, literate and mentally well. You, however, remind me of Leontes. Shortly after his friend Polixenes describes their childhood nostalgically, he goes stark staring nuts ! I paraphrase...

"We were, my queen

Two lads that thought tomorrow like today

And to be Boy Eternal !"  

I think this might be your situation too. Nothing wrong with hope. Spurs were never any good till they got Greaves from Chelsea and being with your lot just turned him to drink. I believe you won something once after drawing with Anderlecht. Jimmy Neighbour did beat us in a cup final when I was about eight. That's about the height of it. Now you've got our poor old Mourinho playing the football of the past. He's on Instagram with Trump more than he's on the training field these days. Gareth Bale, there's another g'eat top-knotted has-been. I expect he's brought that Coronavirus Plus over from Spain.   

You're flying today isaac...but below Spurs altitude...happy days brother! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Why is this "unfortunate" ? "Common sense" implies universal understanding, which is a chimera. That which constitutes "common sense" is in fact politically and socially determined, in different temporal and spatial contexts, in different ways. It was once regarded as "common sense" to burn witches: read King Jamie the Sixth's "Daemonologie". I did not make an a priori assumption about you, deriving your muppetdom from your being a Spurs fan. I know at least three Spurs fans, two of them writing regularly here, who are coherent, literate and mentally well. You, however, remind me of Leontes. Shortly after his friend Polixenes describes their childhood nostalgically, he goes stark staring nuts ! I paraphrase...

"We were, my queen

Two lads that thought tomorrow like today

And to be Boy Eternal !"  

I think this might be your situation too. Nothing wrong with hope. Spurs were never any good till they got Greaves from Chelsea and being with your lot just turned him to drink. I believe you won something once after drawing with Anderlecht. Jimmy Neighbour did beat us in a cup final when I was about eight. That's about the height of it. Now you've got our poor old Mourinho playing the football of the past. He's on Instagram with Trump more than he's on the training field these days. Gareth Bale, there's another g'eat top-knotted has-been. I expect he's brought that Coronavirus Plus over from Spain.   

You have far too much time on your hands and like a true lefty you take everything as a personal attack and resort to name calling, but never mind I grew up in the real world with real people and learnt how to take things with a pinch of salt a long time ago....have a nice day 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Asterix said:

As a player, I’m deeply gutted that there will now be a 4/5 week suspension in the league. Just when football was starting to make a come back ️ 

Interesting listening to the news just now and there is hope that grassroots maybe able to continue which I was surprised at, I don’t believe it will happen for one minute but there is hope, I suppose today’s announcement will tell us more! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jolzy10 said:

Interesting listening to the news just now and there is hope that grassroots maybe able to continue which I was surprised at, I don’t believe it will happen for one minute but there is hope, I suppose today’s announcement will tell us more! 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

If 2 people cannot play a round of golf - socially distant and in the open air - it would seem unlikely that 22+ can play a game of football. Nothing would surprise me though!

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, John Mead said:

If 2 people cannot play a round of golf - socially distant and in the open air - it would seem unlikely that 22+ can play a game of football. Nothing would surprise me though!

I can't see why people couldn't play golf. Surely there's no risk there and it's easy to keep the social distance rule.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Lincoln College, Oxford 1977-1980. Undergraduate.                  warwick University 1o89-1984.  Postgraduate.🤫

Warwick should have a capital letter (Proper noun); we knew you were old, Isaac, but your dates supposedly at Warwick show up your fraud: Warwick Uni was only established in 1964, or 875 years before you claim to have begun your Post grad course there - which must be about the longest research project ever!

 

😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Warwick should have a capital letter (Proper noun); we knew you were old, Isaac, but your dates supposedly at Warwick show up your fraud: Warwick Uni was only established in 1964, or 875 years before you claim to have begun your Post grad course there - which must be about the longest research project ever!

 

😉

Damn old internet coming and going, dog barking, phone ringing, Tom ! One of the benefits of education is that it enables one to distinguish an orthographical from a typographical error. No fraud, just poor concentration and typing. Guilty of having a busy life, m'lud ! Warwick, 1980-1984 is of course what I meant. How's Camburrn on this lovely wet day, m8 ? Scenic ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't let 1o89 go without leaping on it - too good to ignore! As to Camborne, I've never lived there! Always centred around Redruth. On the question of places without League Football Clubs (i.e. ALL Cornwall), to be faced with the option of MOTD with Gary Linekar or however you spell his name, with his houseful (not) of illegal immigrants, or no local footy to watch - I'll pass. I've found the highlights from Sky on YouTube - that's all I need, what with all the ridiculous piped crowd reaction noises (VERY cleverly done, but REAlly!) and the occasional British player. I'd started to watch the revived Carharrack team - starting from the bottom, true, but live football, fun, plenty of space for social distancing (though I still don't understand how it's okay for players to huddle at corners and when goals are scored but not be allowed to use their changing rooms. Admittedly the virus is a very minute risk to young healthy players, so why not let them carry on as usual - a bit like the Barrington Declaration approach - readers can Google that). Obviously the County leagues and F.A. have to follow directives from On High: feel sorry for the officials. Glad I'm not one of them (too old!)!

Incidentally, at Carharrack's 1st game this season, (Sep 5th) Chownie told me he didn't think football would continue unbroken all season and forecast a halt before Christmas. Clever lad!

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

Couldn't let 1o89 go without leaping on it - too good to ignore! As to Camborne, I've never lived there! Always centred around Redruth. On the question of places without League Football Clubs (i.e. ALL Cornwall), to be faced with the option of MOTD with Gary Linekar or however you spell his name, with his houseful (not) of illegal immigrants, or no local footy to watch - I'll pass. I've found the highlights from Sky on YouTube - that's all I need, what with all the ridiculous piped crowd reaction noises (VERY cleverly done, but REAlly!) and the occasional British player. I'd started to watch the revived Carharrack team - starting from the bottom, true, but live football, fun, plenty of space for social distancing (though I still don't understand how it's okay for players to huddle at corners and when goals are scored but not be allowed to use their changing rooms. Admittedly the virus is a very minute risk to young healthy players, so why not let them carry on as usual - a bit like the Barrington Declaration approach - readers can Google that). Obviously the County leagues and F.A. have to follow directives from On High: feel sorry for the officials. Glad I'm not one of them (too old!)!

Incidentally, at Carharrack's 1st game this season, (Sep 5th) Chownie told me he didn't think football would continue unbroken all season and forecast a halt before Christmas. Clever lad!

Glad 'Druth is still there: every time I drive through at speed, a bit more seems to have fallen down an adit.

Oh no, not the Barrington Declaration as well as Brexit and objecting to immigrants ! Hope you're not a vaccine sceptic and a member of QAnon as well. When you taught Biology, were you a Creationist ? Looks like Trump is trying to cause a civil war rather than losing gracefully: what do you think of that ? As Biden said, "C'mon, man !"

The right wing of the Tory party would gladly prioritise the business interests of their ridiculously rich donors, their cronies and themselves while the poor, denied healthcare unless they could pay for it, died in the streets. 

Surely even those of us who are football fanatics need to accept that ending even one life through carelessness about our game spreading infection is one life too many.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...