Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League 31st Oct 2020

Trelawny games off so far 
 Threemilestone Res. v Goonhavern Res    Malpas a bit wet ! 
Falmouth Utd.  V   Falmouth DC.    

Carharrack v Lanner.     Neither pitch playable 

Chacewater. V. St Day 3rds

Probus Res.  V. Constantine Res 

Dont forget to inform fixture sec if your game is called off

trelawnyfixtures@gmail.com 

3 hours ago, zebedee said:

Did a pitch inspection down Malpas bit boggy but prob would have been ok  with the sun now out and the wind blowing 

3 hours ago, zebedee said:

New Inn Titans 1 - 1 Holmans Res

Holmans were Favourites for 3 points, going into this game, after New Inn taking a 9-0 drumming last week. 
But what could of been a 2-1 win, for New inn, with Darren Davey missing a 1 on 1 with 10 to go, and the Holmans keeper pulling off a Save to keep it at 1-1 with the last kick off the game. 
Greatly refereed by Oliver Knibbs. 

Great game, brilliant contest between 2 sides, who were up for a battle. 

Sam King the scorer for Holmans 

Ralph Pascoe scorer for New inn. 

Stithians 4 Probus 3 (me, Liam Paddock, Luke G.ay)

Premier Division

We started ok but Stithians took the lead when a long cross was misjudged by our defence and the home striker finished well. We equalised when I headed home Jamie Bilkey’s corner. We then took the lead when Liam Paddock finished well after a good passing move. Then with a minute to go before halftime Stithians equalised after a goal line scramble. The referee gave the goal despite our keeper and defender being adamant the ball didn’t cross the line. If the ref could have been sure it crossed the line from where he was then fair enough but I think he might have had to guess a little as he was near me, at least 25 yards from goal. 2-2 at halftime. 
We took the lead again when after another decent move, Luke G.ay was left unmarked on the end of the box and he smashed his half volley home. Stithians equalised again from the penalty spot after our keeper, Tom Rhodes, brought down the home striker. We felt like we were always on top in the second half and we looked more likely to score again, but we over committed when attacking and a Stithians strikers shot (it looked like a cross to me!) found the bottom corner against the run of play. 4-3 was the final score and defeat snatched from the jaws of victory! 

The referee Toby Murfin had a good day and dealt with everything calmly. Today was a game with very little good football played in difficult conditions, including a very strong wind. We felt we should have won with the possession and chances we had, but we only have ourselves to blame after defending poorly throughout.
I would usually post who we are playing next week, but I’ve got a feeling we won’t be on the pitch now for a while. Looks like I will be out running again for a few weeks to stay fit, although it won’t be as much fun in the wind and rain!

Stay safe everyone.

No Penzance report again. Those lads deserve a but more recognition, surely !  They must have done well to get within a goal of Constantine today. Just a little extra push and they could have done the Tinners a favour, but never mind !  Delighted to hear my old grammar school friend Grant was in the middle and reffed superbly. Remember when he used to be down the Park End at Penlee, waving a "Penzance Forever" banner, which eventually got ripped by a Pat May header. Top man. Back in the early seventies, Penzance were quite good. Willie Thomas, Ian Hart, Malcolm Lock, Terry Williams, Tony Kellow, Gerald Ladner. They even brought the whole first team up to St Just for a Combo game and got a point from a 2 2 draw back then. History, eh? So much for Mr Dayus to live up to. Proper job, keep trying.

Praze 2-2 Ludgvan 2s

A game that was destined to be a cracker and it certainly was. Praze the more dominant side for the first 30 mins of the game but missed a few opportunities to open the scoring.. against the run of play the away side tooo the lead through a well finished shot to the bottom left corner. A stroke of fortune as Danny Ford was through on goal, only to be taken down by the ludgvan keeper. Spot kick converted for 1-1 at the break.

Both sides continued to push for a second, but misery for Praze as another penalty was given, much to the disappointment of the canaries captain who couldn’t do anything about the unfortunate challenge. Spot kick number 2 converted bottom right to send ludgvan into the lead. 

Pegged back again, Alex Andru bringing the score back level with a well taken side foot volley, from a decent cross from Shaun Wilkins.

Ludgvan clearly playing for the draw, but the home side continued to fight until the end but couldn’t do enough to get ahead. The first half chances would’ve killed the game off but wasn’t taken!

Hopefully grassroots football doesn’t stop for a month now, but if it does.. everyone at Praze Fc wishes fellow clubs, players, spectators and all involved to stay safe during these times.

St Erme 0 - 3 Mullion Reseves (Div 2)

Very windy conditions today but a big thanks has to go to St Erme for getting the game on! 

Unfortunately the ref didn't turn up (hopefully everything is ok) and a local ref was agreed upon and he did a good job under the circumstances. 

First half we were under the cosh, st erme playing down the hill and using that advantage carving out a couple of opportunities. We defended very well and nicked a goal the other end to take the lead at half time, 1-0.

Going into the 2nd half we knew that the hard part was done, and now with the hill in our favour we took over. Many chances to score resulted in 2 being converted. St Erme still proved a threat but we maeshalled the game well towards the end.  

5 wins from 5 eqhaksa delighted manager. 

Thanks again to the referee and to St Erme, very welcoming and helpful. Quick mention to their GK, not only pulled off some top saves but a genuinely top bloke! 

12 hours ago, Chris Davey said:

Stithians 4 Probus 3 (me, Liam Paddock, Luke G.ay)

Premier Division

We started ok but Stithians took the lead when a long cross was misjudged by our defence and the home striker finished well. We equalised when I headed home Jamie Bilkey’s corner. We then took the lead when Liam Paddock finished well after a good passing move. Then with a minute to go before halftime Stithians equalised after a goal line scramble. The referee gave the goal despite our keeper and defender being adamant the ball didn’t cross the line. If the ref could have been sure it crossed the line from where he was then fair enough but I think he might have had to guess a little as he was near me, at least 25 yards from goal. 2-2 at halftime. 
We took the lead again when after another decent move, Luke G.ay was left unmarked on the end of the box and he smashed his half volley home. Stithians equalised again from the penalty spot after our keeper, Tom Rhodes, brought down the home striker. We felt like we were always on top in the second half and we looked more likely to score again, but we over committed when attacking and a Stithians strikers shot (it looked like a cross to me!) found the bottom corner against the run of play. 4-3 was the final score and defeat snatched from the jaws of victory! 

The referee Toby Murfin had a good day and dealt with everything calmly. Today was a game with very little good football played in difficult conditions, including a very strong wind. We felt we should have won with the possession and chances we had, but we only have ourselves to blame after defending poorly throughout.
I would usually post who we are playing next week, but I’ve got a feeling we won’t be on the pitch now for a while. Looks like I will be out running again for a few weeks to stay fit, although it won’t be as much fun in the wind and rain!

Stay safe everyone.

You’ll have to stay fit! Goal scoring midfielders are hard to find! 

13 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

No Penzance report again. Those lads deserve a but more recognition, surely !  They must have done well to get within a goal of Constantine today. Just a little extra push and they could have done the Tinners a favour, but never mind !  Delighted to hear my old grammar school friend Grant was in the middle and reffed superbly. Remember when he used to be down the Park End at Penlee, waving a "Penzance Forever" banner, which eventually got ripped by a Pat May header. Top man. Back in the early seventies, Penzance were quite good. Willie Thomas, Ian Hart, Malcolm Lock, Terry Williams, Tony Kellow, Gerald Ladner. They even brought the whole first team up to St Just for a Combo game and got a point from a 2 2 draw back then. History, eh? So much for Mr Dayus to live up to. Proper job, keep trying.

Oh rodney 

Leave it alone will you ?, 

Suddenly now that your Club is winning games under a new regime in a division probably 3 leagues away from where you should be 😂 you start appearing again 🤷‍♂️, your Club decided to drop out of the combo league so you could actually compete for a trophy 🤣🤣. Enjoy it while it lasts winning games in that division because as soon as the going gets tough you may find yourselves without a manager again 👋👋👋

6 minutes ago, THEMAGPIE said:

Oh rodney 

Leave it alone will you ?, 

Suddenly now that your Club is winning games under a new regime in a division probably 3 leagues away from where you should be 😂 you start appearing again 🤷‍♂️, your Club decided to drop out of the combo league so you could actually compete for a trophy 🤣🤣. Enjoy it while it lasts winning games in that division because as soon as the going gets tough you may find yourselves without a manager again 👋👋👋

Little bit incorrect? 
Wasn’t Steve Curnow in charge for 10+ years? Pretty long standing. Sure Penzance have had Numerous Managers during that period?

3 minutes ago, Asterix said:

Little bit incorrect? 
Wasn’t Steve Curnow in charge for 10+ years? Pretty long standing. Sure Penzance have had Numerous Managers during that period?

The manager has a habit of leaving clubs in trouble, steve was not wanted anymore completely different, penzance will always have more managers as it’s a far better club which will always attract new managers

8 minutes ago, THEMAGPIE said:

The manager has a habit of leaving clubs in trouble, steve was not wanted anymore completely different, penzance will always have more managers as it’s a far better club which will always attract new managers

What manager has a habit of leaving clubs in trouble?

Surely St just is better run structurally that’s why Steve stayed so long? Yet managers keep leaving Penzance. Problems maybe?

With Carharrack v Lanner called off I took a trip over to Cornwall College to watch Dropship take on Mount Ambrose. Was a very scrappy game with not much quality on show. A few lovely free kicks scored I must say. Both defences looked very poor in an end to end game, made for a rather exciting watch! Can't see either team being up there come the end of the season (unless Mount Ambrose can keep hold of those Illogan players they had 'helping out' yesterday)...

Paul C

14 minutes ago, THEMAGPIE said:

No problem at Penzance, nobody wants to manage st just that’s why 🤣🤣🤣🤣

But Steve curnow did for nearly 15 years? What’s the longest reign PZ have had? 8 games? Haha 😂 

6 minutes ago, Paul C said:

With Carharrack v Lanner called off I took a trip over to Cornwall College to watch Dropship take on Mount Ambrose. Was a very scrappy game with not much quality on show. A few lovely free kicks scored I must say. Both defences looked very poor in an end to end game, made for a rather exciting watch! Can't see either team being up there come the end of the season (unless Mount Ambrose can keep hold of those Illogan players they had 'helping out' yesterday)...

Paul C

Who were the Illogan players Paul?

4 hours ago, chesterfield said:

You’ll have to stay fit! Goal scoring midfielders are hard to find! 

Haha I’m not sure the rest of the team agree mate! Hope you’re well. I never really have been a goal scoring midfielder....just try and win the ball and get it to people who have much more ability than me! I have scored the odd header or two in my time though! Stay safe.

46 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

Haha I’m not sure the rest of the team agree mate! Hope you’re well. I never really have been a goal scoring midfielder....just try and win the ball and get it to people who have much more ability than me! I have scored the odd header or two in my time though! Stay safe.

Only when the ball accidentally hit you on the head...lol

7 hours ago, Asterix said:

What manager has a habit of leaving clubs in trouble?

Surely St just is better run structurally that’s why Steve stayed so long? Yet managers keep leaving Penzance. Problems maybe?

Steve managed St Just for 22 years, where I was Chair, Secretary, or both, for most of that, winning five trophies. He took up the post after a former manager decamped to Penzance in the late 90s. He was unstintingly loyal and a top Clubman despite persistent attempts from Penzance to undermine both of us. Magpies are thieves. Go figure.

1 hour ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Steve managed St Just for 22 years, where I was Chair, Secretary, or both, for most of that, winning five trophies. He took up the post after a former manager decamped to Penzance in the late 90s. He was unstintingly loyal and a top Clubman despite persistent attempts from Penzance to undermine both of us. Magpies are thieves. Go figure.

The most famous Rodney was a dodgy goods market salesman and Beer definitely clouds judgement...... Go figure 

Magpie, you plonker ! Fortunately I neither drink alcohol nor watch second-rate ITV comedy, though I imagine your life would be empty without such activities. St Just is a place that retains some identity, unlike the drug-ridden, run-down railway terminus seven miles east. 

Unfortunately, leadership and management during the last half-century of Penzance AFC, which at least demographically, should have been Penwith's major club, has depended utterly on filching better-trained young players from all their neighbours with the pretence of "higher football" and has let the whole area down. No wonder you wanted Mousehole to take you over.

Where's that Leeds United business manager ? No longer playing Liverpool in the summer ? Do you even own your bar, let alone a pitch ? Look at the comparative success of Penzance's rugby and cricket clubs ! What went wrong ? 

You did well to get that surprise 4-5 win at Sticker, I must say. I remember when they only had an Elsan toilet and they had to climb the five bar gate and clear the cows off the pitch before they could mark it. Look at them now; and look at you ! 

Your mouthings remind me of Shelley's "Ozymandias". Beside the colossal wreck of Penlee Park and your history, "the lone and level sands stretch far away." Perhaps you should rename Mennaye Road Hookey Street.

3 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Magpie, you plonker ! Fortunately I neither drink alcohol nor watch second-rate ITV comedy, though I imagine your life would be empty without such activities. St Just is a place that retains some identity, unlike the drug-ridden, run-down railway terminus seven miles east. 

Unfortunately, leadership and management during the last half-century of Penzance AFC, which at least demographically, should have been Penwith's major club, has depended utterly on filching better-trained young players from all their neighbours with the pretence of "higher football" and has let the whole area down. No wonder you wanted Mousehole to take you over.

Where's that Leeds United business manager ? No longer playing Liverpool in the summer ? Do you even own your bar, let alone a pitch ? Look at the comparative success of Penzance's rugby and cricket clubs ! What went wrong ? 

You did well to get that surprise 4-5 win at Sticker, I must say. I remember when they only had an Elsan toilet and they had to climb the five bar gate and clear the cows off the pitch before they could mark it. Look at them now; and look at you ! 

Your mouthings remind me of Shelley's "Ozymandias". Beside the colossal wreck of Penlee Park and your history, "the lone and level sands stretch far away." Perhaps you should rename Mennaye Road Hookey Street.

Very good Rodney,

they’re still jumping the five bar gate up at your place 🤣 for Christ sake don’t lock it as the ambulance needed to get in every other week to tend to another opposition player who’s been assaulted off the ball ! Just keep enjoying your beloved team winning in div 1 and keep slating Penzance RESERVES !! I emphasise your playing our reserve team 🤣 but then I guess you’ll never meet our first team again as they play senior football whilst you boys are jumping five bar gates !

At least we paid for our five bar gate and don't have to write to the council for permission every time we want to open it. Big stadium improvements in the pipeline, anyway; Lafrowda will become the Wendron of the True West. Quite surprised you still find enough kids in Smacktown to take the afternoon off from chasing the dragon to put out two teams. We will have reserves next year, so their days nay be numbered. Sorry about all those broken Magpie legs. I've got some old Subbuteo players in a Newcastle United strip somewhere I can lend you. You might find they're a bit more resolute in the table.

Haha Rodney you clown, we can open our gates anytime we wish thanks  and unlike you we don’t have to usher cattle off it before we play ! We have plenty of youngsters coming through the ranks, mainly down to Darren and Sue who work tirelessly with the youth section which is providing a future for the Club ! can you say the same ?????you can keep your subbuteo figures thanks, you may need them to make the numbers up on your reserve team next season 🤣🤣

See you back in the Combo, where your first team is heading. Good luck preparing your youngsters for a future with Mousehole, Helston and the world beyond if County Lines doesn't get them first. The ones with a brain will almost certainly ship out: there is a world beyond Sainsbury's, Eastern Green ! In the past, your only hope has been to rob and plunder St Just. If only your mates down the Prom still had a few quid to help out ! But even the Prom is shut down ! 

4 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

See you back in the Combo, where your first team is heading. Good luck preparing your youngsters for a future with Mousehole, Helston and the world beyond if County Lines doesn't get them first. The ones with a brain will almost certainly ship out: there is a world beyond Sainsbury's, Eastern Green ! In the past, your only hope has been to rob and plunder St Just. If only your mates down the Prom still had a few quid to help out ! But even the Prom is shut down ! 

Haha you clown, you won’t be seeing anyone in the combo anytime soon , well not unless you start dipping your hand in your pocket asap! Was going to say I look forward to seeing you running the line when we play next as even you couldn’t do any worse than the lad you had last time who it seemed didn’t know the rules or was maybe a tad biased ?? Which we all know your lino’s have been guilty of in the past ??

• 2 weeks later...