Cornwall Football Forum

LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Saturday 31st October 2020

Results for

Saturday 31st October 2020

Holman SC (Connor Arthur 2, Adam Brown, Marcus Grasso, Michael Catterall, Mike Falconer) 6-3 Wendron United Thirds (Jamie Blatch, Steve Retchford, Dan Padfield)

Att- 35

Illogan RBL Reserves (Justin Harrington) 1-3 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts 2, Chris Pridham)

Att- 45

Lizard Argyle (Ben Bradley) 1-3 St Agnes Reserves (Mike Burn, Simon Cohen, Oliver Kevern)

Att- 35

Ludgvan (Steve Hancock, Kameron Collins) 2-1 Rosudgeon (Sam Smith)

Att- ???

Marazion A-A Hayle Reserves

RNAS Culdrose p-p Helston Athletic Thirds

Ruan Minor (Dan Greet, Jake White) 2-0 St Day Reserves

Att- 30

League Cup

1st Round

Perranporth 0-4 Pendeen Rovers (Charlie Harry 3, Christian Whitaker)

Att- 20

• cornishteddyboy changed the title to LWC Drinks Cornwall Combination League Results - Saturday 31st October 2020

Wow just spoke to the Father of today’s ref at the Marazion v Hayle game abandoned due to a Marazion player attempting to get hold of the referee after being I believe sin binned apparently three Hayle players had to hold this player ( said lightly) back . 
If it wasn’t for the Hayle lads how could this of ended up. 
Hope the CCFA sort this one properly. 
No ref should be expecting to enjoy his Saturday afternoon being threatened like that . 

19 minutes ago, MARKSY said:

Wow just spoke to the Father of today’s ref at the Marazion v Hayle game abandoned due to a Marazion player attempting to get hold of the referee after being I believe sin binned apparently three Hayle players had to hold this player ( said lightly) back . 
If it wasn’t for the Hayle lads how could this of ended up. 
Hope the CCFA sort this one properly. 
No ref should be expecting to enjoy his Saturday afternoon being threatened like that . 

Well well well. Poor Liam mankee!!! 

What happened today is unacceptable and there is no way I can condone what happened as manager of marazion. I apologize for what happened today and it cannot happen in football. My lad was out of order and let himself down and the club and he knows that. There’s no room for that in football. Was a decent game before that and was ruined. As the manager of marazion I apologize to the referee and to Hayle for what happened. That’s all I can say on the matter! 

13 minutes ago, DRichards said:

What happened today is unacceptable and there is no way I can condone what happened as manager of marazion. I apologize for what happened today and it cannot happen in football. My lad was out of order and let himself down and the club and he knows that. There’s no room for that in football. Was a decent game before that and was ruined. As the manager of marazion I apologize to the referee and to Hayle for what happened. That’s all I can say on the matter! 

Let’s hope you and the club make a stand and ensure he doesn’t play for you again. 

15 minutes ago, GeorgeMc said:

Let’s hope you and the club make a stand and ensure he doesn’t play for you again. 

Everything will be handled how it should be. Like I’ve said already I cannot condone that and everything that happens to my player is fully deserved and I cannot make any excuses for it. 

Illogan (Harrington) 1- 3 Penryn (Roberts x2, Pridham)

A tight game at Oxland Park, 2 physical, hard working teams who battled until the end. Going downhill with the wind Illogan enjoyed the lions share of territory in the 1st half without creating alot, although they didn't create any clear cut chances they had half a dozen corners, which they are always dangerous from. Penryn had 2 great chances when Jason Roberts was through on goal twice, seeing his 1st shot saved by goalkeeper Barry Wyatt & 5 mins later he tried to lob him from 15 yards which easily cleared the crossbar. Illogan were awarded a "soft" penalty on 40 minutes but Simon Ellis saw his pen well save by Chris Page. Ryn were on the backfoot but managed to go in at h/t with the score at 0-0. Penryn had a lot more joy in the 2nd half & took over the game. On 60 Roberts got on the end of a long ball from keeper Page & this time made no mistake as he fired into the bottom corner of the net for 1-0. 5 minutes later a moment of madness from Illogans Tom Butt as he clearly won the ball in a tackle but oddly followed through with a stamp to the Penryn players shin. The referee called Butt over & reached to his pocket with the illogan players arguing he got the ball, I shouted "I don't know why you're moaning you're lucky it isn't a red", at which point the referee pulled out a red card & Illogan were down to 10 men. With Penryn well on top Illogan were always dangerous from set plays, with Justin Harrington seeing his 25 yard free kick go inches wide. With 20 mins left Penryns Elliot Baker broke down the right & played in Roberts who unselfishly rolled to Chris Pridham to stroke home for 2-0. Penryn were in total control, when Harrigton had a free kick from the same place as his earlier effort, this time curling the ball into the top corner for 2-1. This led to a nervy final 10 minutes for penryn who threw away a late lead to lose in midweek at Helston. Roberts made the game safe with 5 mins left when he brillianty curled his shot into the far top corner to make the score 3-1. 

Best of luck to Illogan for the season.

Mom Chris Pridham. 

On 31/10/2020 at 20:22, DRichards said:

I can see the players frustration a head injury game should of been stopped players then attend the injured player and the equaliser is scored thought any head injury the reff is supposed to stop the game but suppose everyone who wasn't there will have there opinion