Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Wednesday 28 October 2020

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Wednesday 28 October 2020

Back from a rain swept Mt Wise where Newquay have lost 3-1 to a fine Mousehole side ,Mousehole  scored after a couple of minutes  through a good build up and a easy finish by Mark Richards after the NEWQUAY defence failed to clear there lines , Mousehole still continued to play attractive football on the ground on 17th min ex Newquay player Hayden Turner scored the 1st of his 2 goals , Newquay had there chances but just didnt have the finishing touches and needed that bit of extra to unlock a well drilled Mousehole defence and if Jack Bray Evans had been fit he would of been the player to pick the holes with the final ball but they did have Cam Turner returning from Bodmin an dhe had a good game .Newquay got back in the game with a pen and had there chances but all there shots where comfortbly held by Cory Harvey in the Mousehole goal .Hayden Turner scored his 2nd goal right at the death rifling past Newquay goalie Harry Ashdown who i thought was poor his handling was like he had a bar of soap in his hands most of the  time Well done to  Jake Ash and his very good Mousehole who playfootball how it should be played on the deck ,also all 3 officials all where brilliant unlike at the G LAST NIGHT who where very poor .Very good crowd at Newquay tonight me and Smokie even had to Q right down the road .It was worth getting  soaked through to watch football like that bein gplayed MOM The MOUSEHOLE TEAM ESPECIALLY NO11 and for NEWQUAY TOM MOXHAM who was very good .Ok that 2 matches down 3rd on Saturdaydown to St Blazey to watch them vs HELSTON IN THE Vase not looking forward to the journey again past my partners old home so i better have the tissues ready again

8 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Back from a rain swept Mt Wise where Newquay have lost 3-1 to a fine Mousehole side ,Mousehole  scored after a couple of minutes  through a good build up and a easy finish by Mark Richards after the NEWQUAY defence failed to clear there lines , Mousehole still continued to play attractive football on the ground on 17th min ex Newquay player Hayden Turner scored the 1st of his 2 goals , Newquay had there chances but just didnt have the finishing touches and needed that bit of extra to unlock a well drilled Mousehole defence and if Jack Bray Evans had been fit he would of been the player to pick the holes with the final ball but they did have Cam Turner returning from Bodmin an dhe had a good game .Newquay got back in the game with a pen and had there chances but all there shots where comfortbly held by Cory Harvey in the Mousehole goal .Hayden Turner scored his 2nd goal right at the death rifling past Newquay goalie Harry Ashdown who i thought was poor his handling was like he had a bar of soap in his hands most of the  time Well done to  Jake Ash and his very good Mousehole who playfootball how it should be played on the deck ,also all 3 officials all where brilliant unlike at the G LAST NIGHT who where very poor .Very good crowd at Newquay tonight me and Smokie even had to Q right down the road .It was worth getting  soaked through to watch football like that bein gplayed MOM The MOUSEHOLE TEAM ESPECIALLY NO11 and for NEWQUAY TOM MOXHAM who was very good .Ok that 2 matches down 3rd on Saturdaydown to St Blazey to watch them vs HELSTON IN THE Vase not looking forward to the journey again past my partners old home so i better have the tissues ready again

Why are you still going on about the officials from the night before? You seem to be the only person that’s bothered by their performance. 
 The game is over, this is why there are so little officials at the minute as they permanently get slated for their performance. 

10 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Would you (and Smokie) agree that it will be a three way tussle between Mousehole, Saltash and Helston for the league? 

52 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Mousehole in the western league (if they take it) would be some travelling, for them and the other teams as well! 

Don't worry if Mousehole win the league or become runners up they will take the jump up into the western league I'm sure of that.

28 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Mousehole in the western league (if they take it) would be some travelling, for them and the other teams as well! 

For that very reason it's to be hoped that Mousehole make the move if the chance arises, and lays to rest the old chestnut of travel that used to be the annual reason for not taking promotion.
When Parkway took promotion the cry was that they were the other side of the Tamar and so travel was not an issue, it appears the the two clubs in West Cornwall have demolished that argument as a reason, making promotion refusal a difficult option to justify.
If we understand the current rules correctly, refusing promotion will mean stepping down a league, ( relegation ) so lets see who is keen to win the S.W.P.L. this year.
If the payments to players that are often bandied about on the forum are to be believed, maybe a bit of ambition to progress as a club should take precedence over fat pay packets for the mercenaries that have no loyalty to a club.
We have at least two clubs at the far end of Cornwall ( Mousehole & Helston ) who have declared an interest in progressing to a higher level of football, good luck to them both if they achieve their aim !

39 minutes ago, We Two said:

For that very reason it's to be hoped that Mousehole make the move if the chance arises, and lays to rest the old chestnut of travel that used to be the annual reason for not taking promotion.
When Parkway took promotion the cry was that they were the other side of the Tamar and so travel was not an issue, it appears the the two clubs in West Cornwall have demolished that argument as a reason, making promotion refusal a difficult option to justify.
If we understand the current rules correctly, refusing promotion will mean stepping down a league, ( relegation ) so lets see who is keen to win the S.W.P.L. this year.
If the payments to players that are often bandied about on the forum are to be believed, maybe a bit of ambition to progress as a club should take precedence over fat pay packets for the mercenaries that have no loyalty to a club.
We have at least two clubs at the far end of Cornwall ( Mousehole & Helston ) who have declared an interest in progressing to a higher level of football, good luck to them both if they achieve their aim !

Helston have, to some extent, mitigated against this by recruiting players from North and South Devon.  Would I be correct in saying that Mousehole also have a few players that are employed within the club set up in other capacities? 

35 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Helston have, to some extent, mitigated against this by recruiting players from North and South Devon.  Would I be correct in saying that Mousehole also have a few players that are employed within the club set up in other capacities? 

We have no idea i'm afraid, but however the travel situation is overcome, the same option is open to other clubs.
The recruitment of North & South Devon players is not peculiar to Helston or Mousehole if you look at the team sheets of several clubs.

7 hours ago, Ref watch said:

Why are you still going on about the officials from the night before? You seem to be the only person that’s bothered by their performance. 
 The game is over, this is why there are so little officials at the minute as they permanently get slated for their performance. 

He pays his money so can praise or criticise who he wants . Hasn’t he just criticised the goalie 🤷‍♂️

Thanks Tribute i stil stick by my opinion the ref had a shocker in the G match  ball was way over the line in the match at least2 feet or 2 ball lengths everyone saw it except him an d the linesman an dhe should of played to the connditions of booking players and sending the Penzance player offhe should watch the officials of last nights match the  ref MR had a brillinat game and left to flow an dplayed the advantage he and his assistants where 1st class

On 29/10/2020 at 08:53, Way Of The Park said:

Would you (and Smokie) agree that it will be a three way tussle between Mousehole, Saltash and Helston for the league? 

That's the way it's shaping up. For all Helston's 'poor form' it's only one league defeat, so still the team to beat once they hit form? Would be nice if Dobwalls and Camelford didn't fall away. The latter were a joy to watch in their unlucky loss to the Ashes.