Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 24 October 2020

1 hour ago, Terry Stephens said:

LOL , Youngest No 5 and skipper at Port back in the day,wonder where he is now Kev!

He’s still living in Falmouth Tel, & goes & supports the club. I’m sure he will read this now & will be in touch. I’m not going to say how good he was, they won’t get his head through the turnstile. 🤣😂🤣😂

21 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

I'm not sure you answered silly billy's question BIG AL - why haven't you ever accepted any of the free offers to go to a game? 

Christ Dave your as bad constantly asking this question every time al posts ,leave it your just as BORING !!! 

1 hour ago, Tommy Matthews said:

Great days! Thanks for the memory! 

Think the Chertsey game was the same conditions weren't  they Tom ?

3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Many apologies 6times, I agree tis a boring subject, but if we could get an answer we would all be able to put the subject to bed and move on! 👍

Your wasting your time Dave .He won't answer because he can't. Hence the silence every time .

3 hours ago, mattelot said:

Think the Chertsey game was the same conditions weren't  they Tom ?

Your wasting your time Dave .He won't answer because he can't. Hence the silence every time .

I am certainly not answerable to you. Just imagine the reception I would get if I turned up. Would have to bring along bodyguards!

48 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

Hi Mike. I’m eternally grateful of all your records but unlike Rappo who can tell you about every goal he’s scored plus all the ones others have scored, I don’t have the slightest idea of either goal or team? 

Ha Ha your memory hasn't changed Tommy-here are what the record books show

Game 1 The first ever F A Vase game -1986 Home Won 5-0 v Brislington  (T.Matthews 2-G.Wignall,C.Long,G.Heard)

Your last Vase game 1993 Away v Arlesley Town (Bedfordshire?) Lost 3-5

Was an absolute pleasure and an honour to play in the same team as Tommy, for Town and Cornwall a couple of hundred times! Not only a fantastic defender but one of the nicest blokes you’ll ever meet in or out of football. Had as many good times off the pitch as we did on it in those days, and that was quite a few!! We even beat Cornwall 4-2 on Tom’s testimonial night at Bickland but my favourite memory was the “Matthews semi final” at Blazey v Torpoint. Tommy scored 2 that night In a 3-2 win with a spectacular overhead kick thrown in!! I was unluckily enough to be out injured that night behind the goal with the F Troop and got a birds eye view of it!!! What a goal!! What a player and bloke 👏🏼👌👍

16 hours ago, Mike Odgers said:

Ha Ha your memory hasn't changed Tommy-here are what the record books show

Game 1 The first ever F A Vase game -1986 Home Won 5-0 v Brislington  (T.Matthews 2-G.Wignall,C.Long,G.Heard)

Your last Vase game 1993 Away v Arlesley Town (Bedfordshire?) Lost 3-5

Thanks Mike, Arlesley Town, scored one at each end as I now recall! Former Premier League referee Uriah Rennie was referee and was on the spot for every tight decision.