Falmouth Town                 P-P         St Blazey

Launceston                         P-P         Helston Athletic

Mousehole                         2-2          Wadebridge Town

Penzance                            0-6          Saltash United

St Austell                             3-1          Liskeard Athletic

St Dennis                             2-3          Bodmin Town

Sticker                                  4-4          Newquay

52 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Launceston v Helston postponed...covid symptoms???

Yes unfortunately! The league have announced this morning that “a player with Launceston AFC has returned a POSITIVE covid test”

This means Launceston will not be playing for 14 days from the initial contact (this could be further extended if any close contacts return positive tests in the days to come)

POSTPONED  :

Saturday 24th October – Launceston v Helston Athletic is OFF

Tuesday 27th October – St Austell v Launceston is OFF

2 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Isnt Axminster v Elburton off for Covid reasons as well.

Sadly it does appear to be happening.  The fun and games will be if Devon and Cornwall go into different tiers as it's not viewed as being good form to travel between different local authority areas

Not a problem for most - apart from Torpoint and Millbrook.

It would be as a lot of cornish teams have plymouth players eg St Blazey for one example

Midday Summary : GAMES OFF TODAY
EAST
Axminster v Elburton *
Bovey Tracey v Elmore
Dartmouth v Cullompton
Ilfracombe v Millbrook
Ivybridge v Torridgeside
WEST
Falmouth v St Blazey
Godolphin v Callington *
Launceston v Helston *

* = Covid, Rest Weather related@swsportsnews

4 minutes ago, baldy said:

Midday Summary : GAMES OFF TODAY
EAST
Axminster v Elburton *
Bovey Tracey v Elmore
Dartmouth v Cullompton
Ilfracombe v Millbrook
Ivybridge v Torridgeside
WEST
Falmouth v St Blazey
Godolphin v Callington *
Launceston v Helston *

* = Covid, Rest Weather related@swsportsnews

Postponed games already showing as leading post of thread!

13 minutes ago, baldy said:

I was answering the rain or Covid question.

Ah right fair enough. I won't be differentiating as to why games are off. For those that are, the league's postponements page is very informative and so might be worth people saving the following link : https://www.swpleague.co.uk/blog-post/league-news-statements/

3 hours ago, Footy follower said:

It would be as a lot of cornish teams have plymouth players eg St Blazey for one example

In theory what's happening up North is that players are travelling to a place  of work so arent affected. But if you are in South Yorkshire you cant play teams in Derbyshire or North Yorkshire for example. 

Therefore if Devon goes tier 3 and Cornwall tier 2 - it could impact Torpoint and Millbrook more than any other team in Cornwall. All hypothetical at the moment. 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 24 October 2020

Going to be a short report on the StAustell vs Liskeard match went there to see how good Lorenz was for Liskeard he was played way out on the wing had 1 chance and scored thats what a goal scorer does .I only saw the  1st half halfbecausepoorSmokie soaked through and shaking i was soaked as  well , St Austell had a goal disallowed for a handball in the build upto the goal but  they should of had a clear pen when 1 ofthere players was clearly pulled back i dont know how the linesman in front of me missed it,Liskeard played some lovely football an dyou could tell they had player together for a long time i thoughtthe no10 was really good and Dylan PEAL is a real  good player .It was nice of Jason Chapman to saytome sorry tohear aboutmyPartner that ment a a lot hes a nice bloke .This was the 1st time i hd forgotten my camera couldnt of taken much in those conditions anyway i will make sure i take my camera to St Blazey next week vs Helston looking forwardto that Good 3-1 win to St Austell could only see 1 winner in the 1st half and that was Liskeard .MOM for ST AUSTELL JASON CHAPMAN HE KEPT THEM IN THE GAME AND FOR LISKEARD THERE NO10 had my£3 ou to go in an dit was £4 but it got me out ofthe flat and thats all that counts

32 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Going to be a short report on the StAustell vs Liskeard match went there to see how good Lorenz was for Liskeard he was played way out on the wing had 1 chance and scored thats what a goal scorer does .I only saw the  1st half halfbecausepoorSmokie soaked through and shaking i was soaked as  well , St Austell had a goal disallowed for a handball in the build upto the goal but  they should of had a clear pen when 1 ofthere players was clearly pulled back i dont know how the linesman in front of me missed it,Liskeard played some lovely football an dyou could tell they had player together for a long time i thoughtthe no10 was really good and Dylan PEAL is a real  good player .It was nice of Jason Chapman to saytome sorry tohear aboutmyPartner that ment a a lot hes a nice bloke .This was the 1st time i hd forgotten my camera couldnt of taken much in those conditions anyway i will make sure i take my camera to St Blazey next week vs Helston looking forwardto that

Keep getting out watching the football 100% Cornish. Stay safe, & try to be positive. (easier said than done I know) keep going. 👍

Camelford 2-1 Porthleven. 
Pitch was very heavy, but grounds men did their best, pitchforking up until ko time. Game also played in a strong wind and at times torrential rain 

Camelford started the better and had a couple of early chances but nothing really clear cut. Porthleven took the lead, against the run of early play, (although they did pick up),through a shot from their no10 which was saved but parried straight back to him to finish well. Porthleven then seemed to sit back - they had started to play some nice football but sat deeper and deeper and you could see Camels scoring. Bobby duly did from a lovely cross which he controlled and volleyed home. The Porthleven keeper then made a couple of great saves for the half to finish 1-1. 
Second half saw Camels again take the initiative, without creating too many chances, but again Porthleven sat back - they did look a team slightly low on confidence, which was not deserved. Then the moment of controversy - Camels had a shot from the edge of the box, initial reaction was a penalty for handball, by the player reaction - I couldn’t see either way other than Porth player appeared to put his hands in front of his face to stop hitting him square on. Play carried on for a couple of seconds as Camels had the rebound and the keeper making a save from a good shot. The ref then went and spoke to the lineman and awarded a penalty - absolute uproar from the Porthleven team, bench and supporters. Gus slotted the penalty and made the score 2-1.  At that time you could only see one winner but Porthleven - obviously enraged, threw everything at Camelford - not really creating clear chances but giving it a go.  Finished 2-1.

Personal view - Camels were better on the day and deserved the win but no doubt Porthleven will look at the penalty and feel they deserved a point - karma is a bitch - last season Porthleven scored a last minute winner from a player who was 5 yards offside - the ref spoke to the young Lino then as well and they gave the goal - so maybe things do even up?

I thought the ref and officials had a good, considering the conditions and despite Porthleven screams, none of them live in Camelford. 

Good value for money and good luck to Porthleven for the future - they are a good squad. 

Real shame about the pitch - Camels due to play Liskeard on Tuesday (and have a full strength squad for first time in a few weeks) but whilst the grounds men are fantastic - they will have to be miracle workers to get it playable by then, fingers crossed. 

I see Portheleven played todayi thought Joe Cooper and Ed Timmonshad signedfor them how come they both played for St Dennis today then Thanks Leeds we have seen are differences ove rthe years an dplenty of Banter but that was nice what you said im going to get out and watch as much footy as i can this week i will be goin gto 3 matches anything than being home on my own with all the  memories and going past her bedroom is really upsetting i wish she had died in the hospital not outside my door in the road i have that memory everyday .Got tues G VS PENZANCE WED NEWQUAY VS MOUSEHOLE THEN THIS SATURDAY TO SEE THE LOVELY PEOPLE OF ST BLAZEY TO WATCH BLAZEY VS HELSTON IN THE VASE IM GOING FOR A DRAW AND HELSTON TO GO THROUGH ON PENS GOOD LIAM EDDY IS BACK FOR THEM

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

I see Portheleven played todayi thought Joe Cooper and Ed Timmonshad signedfor them how come they both played for St Dennis today then Thanks Leeds we have seen are differences ove rthe years an dplenty of Banter but that was nice what you said im going to get out and watch as much footy as i can this week i will be goin gto 3 matches anything than being home on my own with all the  memories and going past her bedroom is really upsetting i wish she had died in the hospital not outside my door in the road i have that memory everyday .Got tues G VS PENZANCE WED NEWQUAY VS MOUSEHOLE THEN THIS SATURDAY TO SEE THE LOVELY PEOPLE OF ST BLAZEY TO WATCH BLAZEY VS HELSTON IN THE VASE IM GOING FOR A DRAW AND HELSTON TO GO THROUGH ON PENS GOOD LIAM EDDY IS BACK FOR THEM

https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/18815130.porthleven-pair-ed-timmons-joe-cooper-join-st-dennis/

45 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Didnt last long at Portheleven Joe Cooper is too good to play for St Dennis no dispespect to St DENNIS but hes a brilliant player a born leader Ed Timmons isnt bad neither but must be gettin on a bit

Good signings for St Dennis I say. Godolphin could do with  these signings but they are probably to good for them aswel.  Lol.

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

No need to stand in the rain next week at St Blazey 100% Cornish. Get under either stand and keep dry. Lets hope we get some let up in this weather. 

Any reports available on the Sticker v Newquay match, judging from the updates given on radio St Austell Bay, the villagers were good value for their 4-4 draw.
Saltash play at Burngullow in a re-arranged fixture on Tuesday evening and could be worth a visit.
If we go we hope to se more football than we did in the last match of hoofball we saw there against Dobwalls.

58 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

Well Big Al, you live in Falmouth and this was yesterday’s rain coming down Jacob’s Ladder. You can imagine what Bickland Park would be like...if you still remember what it looks like! 

584571D0-430A-43C7-8553-6BB60061DA6A.png

58 minutes ago, Tommy Matthews said:

Well Big Al, you live in Falmouth and this was yesterday’s rain coming down Jacob’s Ladder. You can imagine what Bickland Park would be like...if you still remember what it looks like! 

584571D0-430A-43C7-8553-6BB60061DA6A.png

Sarcasm once again. I have stood on the terraces there hundreds of times more than you and would still be doing so if I was able.

1 minute ago, Tribute said:

And because of his great support over the years I’m sure the club would come to an agreement with him 

You must be joking, I would be the last person on this planet that they would extend that to !

5 minutes ago, silly billy said:

So what about the several offers from people to take you? 

Sarcasm again

No, truth!

Right here  we go again all about Big AL leave teh poor Bugger alone mayb ehe cannot attend games due toa health Issue its upto him but for gods sake stop this will or wont he attends a Falmouth going it gets a bit boring .So St Dennis has got a money man and is paying big money for players ,Heard the G  have got there new manager i was hopin gfor Phil lafferty but nope i wont name him i will let Tania do that but i would rather it had been someone with manager experiance thats all i  See you next week Paul im hoping the teams pose for photos before the match the St BLAZEY team photo you sent me i tried to print it off but was blurred when i enlarged it thanks anyway see you Saturday Wind ,Rain OR Snow .Sorry Pauli think HELSTON will win on pens 2-2 final score then pens 

6 hours ago, We Two said:

Any reports available on the Sticker v Newquay match, judging from the updates given on radio St Austell Bay, the villagers were good value for their 4-4 draw.
Saltash play at Burngullow in a re-arranged fixture on Tuesday evening and could be worth a visit.
If we go we hope to se more football than we did in the last match of hoofball we saw there against Dobwalls.

Go and take a look at the Stickerafc.co.uk website We Two always a half decent report on home games on there!

5 hours ago, razor61 said:

Go and take a look at the Stickerafc.co.uk website We Two always a half decent report on home games on there!

Thanks Razor that was an informative piece of football reporting and seemingly not biased in favour of the home team.
When we have tried in the past to obtain information about various football issues, K.O. times scorers how the game panned out etc, on club websites, several either had nothing informative on them, or in some cases had not been updated for an extended period.
Well done Sticker, keep up the good work, an example to the rest.

13 hours ago, We Two said:

Thanks Razor that was an informative piece of football reporting and seemingly not biased in favour of the home team.
When we have tried in the past to obtain information about various football issues, K.O. times scorers how the game panned out etc, on club websites, several either had nothing informative on them, or in some cases had not been updated for an extended period.
Well done Sticker, keep up the good work, an example to the rest.

Thanks We Two I have been doing it for the last 14 years since moving to Cornwall and sometimes its difficult not to be biased as its my local team alas I didn't see the Dobwalls game so unable to do a decent report.