Dobwalls                             0-1       Mousehole

Falmouth Town                 5-0         Launceston

Helston Athletic                3-0         St Blazey

Liskeard Athletic               10-1         Godolphin Atlantic

Newquay                            4-1        St Dennis

Wadebridge Town           3-5        Saltash United

Wendron United              0-3         Sticker

36 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

It's a crap standard! The only ones that think it's decent are the ones involved. Been the same for the last 30 years... But better than nothing! 😂

Very true I mean the amount of double figure score lines are getting silly now. People want to see a competitive game. If anything it will make people not bother paying to watch and stay home. 

33 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

A rare Bodmin win and he's back. Porthleven must have been utterly useless if your shower of  put 8 past them

It was a hatrick of penalties after about 30 mins if correct. Sounds like the ref was busy. 

Wadebridge 3 Saltash 5.

Sin bin 1

3 yellows (both managers included)

2 reds

Wadebridge sec admitted he'd be submitting a report against the referee. I'd have to say thank god I'm a sec tonight, and whilst it's not good form to be critical of referees - even as a Ashes fan i still cant see how the last goal was a penalty. In fact i dont think anyone in the ground could work out how it was. 

The game wasnt dirty per se, so how we got to the above all in the last 20 minutes I'll never know. The only clear red was the 1st Wadebridge player- the tackle wouldn't have looked out of place in an Aussie Rules match. 

But did the referee loose the game? Totally. 

Camelford 2-0 St Austell

Great conditions (weeks worth of rain considered), over 130 watching and well reffed.

That was my initial view before reading some of the earlier posts - when will people stop picking on teams that are having poor form or who have lost numerous key players and found themselves in a league above their current form, it could happen to all our teams -rant over.  

Had a worry about today’s game, Camels missing a few and St Austell being a young fit team playing good, on the floor, attacking football (and with new signing Duffy from Falmouth). Worries made slightly better by cja100 predicting a St Austell win as every time he/she bets against Camelford they win. 
In honesty a very even game - Camelford edged the first half, going in 1-0 at HT to a Josh header from a Boxy corner, but not a lot in it. Second half saw St Austell edge the game and you have to admire that they seemed to be playing 4 up front - but got caught out, allowing Denholm way too much space on the counter to finish the game with a cracker 2-0.

St Austell played some lovely football, missed Chippy in goal, but at the end were beaten by possibly a bit of lack of experience and composure in the final third. Camels deserved the win - 1-0 would have been fair and as an outside bet St Austell could have got a draw. 
As a Camels supporter - to have kept clean sheets against Newquay,!Wadebridge and St Austell is a real sign as to how the team has evolved - always played good football but now not giving away daft goals. If I were neutral and just arrived in Cornwall I would highly recommend watching / supporting either St Austell or Camelford - no yellows, little back chat, sporting and good football to watch. 

Helston 3 (Tucker pen, Eddy/OG ?, Cattran), St Blazey 0

I suggested in the post-match interview with Olly Brokes that it was a “workmanlike performance” for Helston. Nothing wrong with that of course if it means 3 points.

Billy Tucker put away the penalty on 18 minutes for a foul on him by Rendle after what was a pretty frantic start from both sides.

Good to see Sam Borthwick back between the sticks again after leaving Callington and he becomes the 4th goalkeeper for Helston this season, not sure if he’s going to be a regular or not, but whatever it was a clean sheet all the same. Didn’t have to make too many shot-stopping saves however.

One talking point which would have got the visitors back in the contest came very soon after they went behind! Jack Tribble worked his way into what I thought was the Helston penalty area before the assistant ref vigorously flagged for an offence. The ref had a word and ended up giving a free-kick for a foul by a Helston defender, but just outside the box! I’d like to see that one again! ***

Needless to say both management teams had a word with the ref coming off at half-time. Why the ref just didn’t wave them away I dunno!

The match outcome was decided when Liam Eddy’s cross ended up in the far corner of the visitors’ net when it hit, I think, Lewis Phillips en route. I’ll assume it’ll go down as a goal for Edds, but make your mind up on the Piran Films highlights coming up.

Sub Phil Cattran completed the scoring five minutes from time, when despite being pulled back, he got away to coolly slot the ball home wide of Jordan Duffey.

These two meet again in two weeks time with their Vase tie coming up!

*** Having now seen the incident again, the foul on Tribble was outside the box. Good decision by the ref. Still not sure about who should get the credit for second goal! Take a look yourselves .............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69P0_gf1e7c&t=338s

Welcome back Terry, I guess Bodmin won today. The league is diluted because the leagues have been made East and West. It should still be a division 1 and 2 so that some of the hammerings don't happen. Players get demoralised getting pumped week in, week out. The better players want to play competitive teams.

1 hour ago, Eisern Union said:

Welcome back Terry, I guess Bodmin won today. The league is diluted because the leagues have been made East and West. It should still be a division 1 and 2 so that some of the hammerings don't happen. Players get demoralised getting pumped week in, week out. The better players want to play competitive teams.

Ive said it before but having a Cornwall and Devon league is no good for quality. I thought the Premier league with East and West underneath worked well. To keep things interesting a play off system could have been used as well. To many one sided matches. 

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

Helston 3 (Tucker pen, Eddy/OG ?, Cattran), St Blazey 0

*** Having now seen the incident again, the foul on Tribble was outside the box. Good decision by the ref. Still not sure about who should get the credit for second goal! Take a look yourselves .............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69P0_gf1e7c&t=338s

1. Was the tackle for the penalty in the box? Very close to being right on the edge of the box. 

2. Own goal. Ball going across goal. Deflection takes it in. 

3 minutes ago, Roche Raider said:

Some serious Sunday league scorelines in that list up at the top...

These players shipping 10-15 each week and getting paid handsomely to do so?

The equivalent of a Royal Mail employee cconstantly mistaking dog waste bins for postboxes 😆

I doubt very much whether they are getting paid handsomely, or even getting paid at all

Stoke Gabriel and Godolphin were Premier division though in recent years before the split. I know Stoke Gabriel had gone down and up etc.

Ones to look at, Wadebridge seem to have improved, good result against Falmouth the other week, following their match with Saltash on twitter yesterday appreciated the Saltash turn around as felt it could be a tough game for Saltash away etc, going 2-1 down then 3-2 showed it was. Not the 9-0 of last season at same ground.

Liskeard doing well and Dobwalls pushing Mousehole close yesterday it seems after a good win against Falmouth the other week.

Callington and Launceston down the wrong end, have they lost players. Not really related but reminded myself of previous visits to Launceston earlier in the week remembered they use to be at the higher end of the mixed league.

52 minutes ago, hills19 said:

Stoke Gabriel and Godolphin were Premier division though in recent years before the split. I know Stoke Gabriel had gone down and up etc.

Ones to look at, Wadebridge seem to have improved, good result against Falmouth the other week, following their match with Saltash on twitter yesterday appreciated the Saltash turn around as felt it could be a tough game for Saltash away etc, going 2-1 down then 3-2 showed it was. Not the 9-0 of last season at same ground.

Liskeard doing well and Dobwalls pushing Mousehole close yesterday it seems after a good win against Falmouth the other week.

Callington and Launceston down the wrong end, have they lost players. Not really related but reminded myself of previous visits to Launceston earlier in the week remembered they use to be at the higher end of the mixed league.

I think you are correct, I spoke to a parent of one of lads at Launceston yesterday whilst watching them against Falmouth! Very competitive first half might a day, but a injury to the Launceston live wire up top changed the rhythm and they didn’t have enough to keep them out in the end. Anyway, apparently Launceston have been plagued with injuries 6 first team players currently injured and have been for about a month or so. He was very certain that with all of those players back they’d compete against most, be looking forward to how they get on in the next few weeks! As for callington they seem doomed! As are godolphin, was very impressed with Falmouth stand and singing yesterday, first time I’ve experienced it first hand and plan to go back Wednesday!

When all of your team desert to go to the other town like whats happened to Godolphin with all the players leaving to go to Newquay and they have all done well there ,but whatevr happened to loyalty why dont all these players just admit it ,they dont play for the love of the game and kissing the badge what a load of crap  they go for the money nothing else. But nothing away from NEWQUAY they are a class  act at the moment but they  have a Crowdfunding why do they need that they have just signed Tom Moxham from Saltash and he wouldnt of come cheap ,If Newquay didnt pay there players so much money they wouldnt need a Crowdfunding . I get  a lot of enjoyment watching Newquay play they are playing fantastic football then i go and see poor Godolphin play and its embarassing really a bunch  of kids against class teams ihave them down to loose 10 again this week vs Saltash its such  a shame they are a fantastic club and Tania if she cuts herself blue blood comes out there is no one more passionate about there club than that lady and shes a bloody lovely person aswell .You got to give Andy Savage credit as well before he took over as Godolphin manager he had a lovely head of  dark hair now its grey after i think its WEDNESDAY he will be bald .I hope Godolphin stay up got to play Callington this  Saturday so its a big one but i think THE  G will  stay up again by default like some team pulling out or mr Covid intervening again just got  a feeling and the G will rebuild in the summer and Derek Martyn will come back and save the club .I think Newquay will be do really  well they got so many class  players and Jack Bray EVANS he wouldnt look out of place playing for Truro but the teams just cant seem to handle Louis PRICE i have a photo of him in my album a skinny little bugger with floppy hair now hes the INCREDIBLE  HULK and some player .Hope you  dont ban me NEWQUAY but it is like watching Godolphin i think its 3 players that didnt play for the G  and now you nick nother Jack Bradshaw .Good Luck Newquay your doing great and well  G a miracle could happen i think it will im optomistic anyway .Im off to Blazey in  a couple of weeks i just love going there   for the lovely chips lovely people lovely ground and not a bad team to watch only thing i dont like is driving past my dead partners house that upsets me a lot  

42 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

When all of your team desert to go to the other town like whats happened to Godolphin with all the players leaving to go to Newquay and they have all done well there ,but whatevr happened to loyalty why dont all these players just admit it ,they dont play for the love of the game and kissing the badge what a load of crap  they go for the money nothing else. But nothing away from NEWQUAY they are a class  act at the moment but they  have a Crowdfunding why do they need that they have just signed Tom Moxham from Saltash and he wouldnt of come cheap ,If Newquay didnt pay there players so much money they wouldnt need a Crowdfunding . I get  a lot of enjoyment watching Newquay play they are playing fantastic football then i go and see poor Godolphin play and its embarassing really a bunch  of kids against class teams ihave them down to loose 10 again this week vs Saltash its such  a shame they are a fantastic club and Tania if she cuts herself blue blood comes out there is no one more passionate about there club than that lady and shes a bloody lovely person aswell .You got to give Andy Savage credit as well before he took over as Godolphin manager he had a lovely head of  dark hair now its grey after i think its WEDNESDAY he will be bald .I hope Godolphin stay up got to play Callington this  Saturday so its a big one but i think THE  G will  stay up again by default like some team pulling out or mr Covid intervening again just got  a feeling and the G will rebuild in the summer and Derek Martyn will come back and save the club .I think Newquay will be do really  well they got so many class  players and Jack Bray EVANS he wouldnt look out of place playing for Truro but the teams just cant seem to handle Louis PRICE i have a photo of him in my album a skinny little bugger with floppy hair now hes the INCREDIBLE  HULK and some player .Hope you  dont ban me NEWQUAY but it is like watching Godolphin i think its 3 players that didnt play for the G  and now you nick nother Jack Bradshaw .Good Luck Newquay your doing great and well  G a miracle could happen i think it will im optomistic anyway .Im off to Blazey in  a couple of weeks i just love going there   for the lovely chips lovely people lovely ground and not a bad team to watch only thing i dont like is driving past my dead partners house that upsets me a lot  

You must be in charge on the clubs finances knowing how much they play players etc??? All the Newquay lads came through the Newquay youth system and all play for the badge and each other as they’re all friends off the pitch including new signings. Maybe they jumped ship so they could all play together within a club with better facilities,ambition and management...

You’ll find that similar to Camelford and Liskeard, Newquay use local players on one of the smallest budgets yet like you said are playing great football. As far as the crowdfunder according to Twitter the players have donated £400 from wages to help out. There’s no big times at the club so doubt anyone gets paid more than others

must be getting confused with Bodmin  100% 🤣

7 hours ago, Cornishfan74 said:

You must be in charge on the clubs finances knowing how much they play players etc??? All the Newquay lads came through the Newquay youth system and all play for the badge and each other as they’re all friends off the pitch including new signings. Maybe they jumped ship so they could all play together within a club with better facilities,ambition and management...

You’ll find that similar to Camelford and Liskeard, Newquay use local players on one of the smallest budgets yet like you said are playing great football. As far as the crowdfunder according to Twitter the players have donated £400 from wages to help out. There’s no big times at the club so doubt anyone gets paid more than others

must be getting confused with Bodmin  100% 🤣

Very defensive response... Let's hope you spend your 'donations' on the improvements.... 🤔

For a club the size of Newquay to go around cap in hand asking for money suggests to me you haven't invested previously or currently in the behind the scenes stuff..... 🙄

2 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Very defensive response... Let's hope you spend your 'donations' on the improvements.... 🤔

For a club the size of Newquay to go around cap in hand asking for money suggests to me you haven't invested previously or currently in the behind the scenes stuff..... 🙄

Woooooo and Leeds couldn’t help himself 🤣💪🏼, starting to think you got rejected by Newquay as a kid or something Leeds 😥 

5 hours ago, leedsunited said:

Agree with the content of the comment, just a little suprised at the direction it's coming from !

On 19/10/2020 at 05:50, leedsunited said:

Tezza, I know you hate us. I am not sure who at the club didn't give you a cuddle, but most of us are new to the club. Therefore, I invite you as my guest to see the work we have put in to our facilities. The facilities, haven't been invested in since 1985, in fact I often wonder if it was used in the original Back to the Future. Most of the work so far has been done via a very committed and hard working committee. The Crowdfunder is to help us improve the facilities further. If you look at the thread I posted about our Crowdfunder, it has a link which will give you has all the details you need to know. 

The offer stands buddy, come as my guest to a game. I will show you around and talk you through our plans for the future.

On 19/10/2020 at 10:01, 100%cornish said:

Didnt he get sacked from Newquay many years ago i was told that Newquay players are on £80  each player dont know if true or not but isnt new signing Tom Moxham from Saltash a PLymouth based player so he didnt come cheap

Hi Cornish, 

I am flattered you think we pay that kind of money, but I can assure you, we don't. I think you have said something like this before (I may be wrong) and I believe I said we didn't then as well. 

On 18/10/2020 at 21:15, 100%cornish said:

Hi Cornish,

Again, I reiterate we do not pay the money to anybody, that you think we do. We have a hardworking committee built from a wide range of talents and skillsets who are giving everything to improve the club. The way to build any club is to get people to believe in what you are doing and when they do, they will come. Like I offered to Terry, I am happy to invite you as a guest of mine to look at what we have achieved already, what we want to do, and explain why we have a  Crowdfunder. 

I am also happy to talk you through my own personal experience at growing sports clubs and creating success. I am sure then, you will have a little more faith in what we are doing and how we are going about it.

On 19/10/2020 at 10:01, 100%cornish said:

Didnt he get sacked from Newquay many years ago i was told that Newquay players are on £80  each player dont know if true or not but isnt new signing Tom Moxham from Saltash a PLymouth based player so he didnt come cheap

That’s ridiculous ^^^ don’t believe what your told 100%, very low budget at Newquay, local players playing for the enjoyment with there mates, loyal bunch many have had offers for decent money buy stayed loyal...

3 hours ago, Eisern Union said:

Hi Cornish,

Again, I reiterate we do not pay the money to anybody, that you think we do. We have a hardworking committee built from a wide range of talents and skillsets who are giving everything to improve the club. The way to build any club is to get people to believe in what you are doing and when they do, they will come. Like I offered to Terry, I am happy to invite you as a guest of mine to look at what we have achieved already, what we want to do, and explain why we have a  Crowdfunder. 

I am also happy to talk you through my own personal experience at growing sports clubs and creating success. I am sure then, you will have a little more faith in what we are doing and how we are going about it.

I am not called Terry, Terri or Tezza.... My name is Wayne. Wayne Kerr, from Penwithick. 

Just now, leedsunited said:

I am not called Terry, Terri or Tezza.... My name is Wayne. Wayne Kerr, from Penwithick. 

I have no hard feelings against Newquay at all, just no how things work. People don't like my opinions because usually I am bang on the G spot & some people sometimes find that difficult to handle 😉

31 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I have no hard feelings against Newquay at all, just no how things work. People don't like my opinions because usually I am bang on the G spot & some people sometimes find that difficult to handle 😉

Ok Leeds give your honest assessment of Newquay Football club in its current climate and I’d you would like your assessment of your own club Bodmin, pros, cons etc.

On 20/10/2020 at 21:43, leedsunited said:

Hi Tel,

I personally find some of your opinions funny. However, in various guises I have seen you run down Newquay many times though, but hey, we can't all like every club. 

My offer still stands, I will let you come to the club as my guest and will show you the work we have done to improve the club. You were not wrong when you stated the club "haven't invested previously in the behind the scenes stuff". Though currently we have invested in the new roof, the floodlights, the clubhouse and the canteen, so that bit of your comment was wrong. The Crowdfunder is to help us continue the work we are doing in the facilities. Our committee are all working class so it's not because we personally have oodles of cash hanging around. We have just built a committee from a variety of sectors that have a proven track record. I myself, have previous success with developing a club with nothing in another sport, that is now at the forefront of that sport in the South West.  

Honestly mate, I am genuine in my offer to you. 

The G would not be in such a mess if all those so called loyal players didnt leave the G in the lurch and move to  Newquay they lost a whole team the only reason these players left is because of money lets be honest shall we someone on your commitee told me they where on £80  a man icant believe that more like £40 but Tom Moxham, must be on more hell of a good player .Hard luck on Newquay last night against Falmouth ,hoping next week im allowed in to watch the Mousehole game i got my blonde wig and dark glasses ready.Sorry if you think some of my comments are not accurate but i just say what i was told im a bit too forthright at times .I Still say Leeds United is Terry Huddy who was dismissed by Newquay, many years ago and hes still very bitter about it .Ok looking forward to the matches at the G Next tuesday vs Penzance and Newquay vs Mousehole on the Wednesday hope the G have got a  manager by then and someone who can get  the cub going in the  right direction i would x to see Martin Giles there as player manager .

9 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

The G would not be in such a mess if all those so called loyal players didnt leave the G in the lurch and move to  Newquay they lost a whole team the only reason these players left is because of money lets be honest shall we someone on your commitee told me they where on £80  a man icant believe that more like £40 but Tom Moxham, must be on more hell of a good player .Hard luck on Newquay last night against Falmouth ,hoping next week im allowed in to watch the Mousehole game i got my blonde wig and dark glasses ready.Sorry if you think some of my comments are not accurate but i just say what i was told im a bit too forthright at times .I Still say Leeds United is Terry Huddy who was dismissed by Newquay, many years ago and hes still very bitter about it .Ok looking forward to the matches at the G Next tuesday vs Penzance and Newquay vs Mousehole on the Wednesday hope the G have got a  manager by then and someone who can get  the cub going in the  right direction i would x to see Martin Giles there as player manager .

Hi Cornish,

I wouldn't believe everything you hear, if indeed anything. I have been around sport for a very long time and psychology and mind games are a big part of that. Obviously, I am not amiss to the irony in that statement and ultimately you will hold your opinion no matter what I say. 

Terry knows, who he is. It's just a game he plays that winds some people up. Fair play to him, 

33 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

100% cornish - As the old saying goes - believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.