Plymouth Marjon        2-2         Dartmouth       

Torrington                   3-3         Elmore

WEST DIVISION

Camelford             P-P      Dobwalls          

Launceston           1-5         Saltash United  

Mousehole             8-0        Godolphin Atlantic       

St Austell               2-0        Bodmin Town

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday 13 October 2020

Not sure what is happening at Torpoint this season??

Few of the Torpoint faithful seem to think the Manager has lost the changing room and is now out of his depth.

Battered tonight by a good (not great Ivybridge side) and with the money quoted that some of the point players are picking up and apparently the team with the highest budget in the league, losing 3/4 games already this season shouldn’t be happening.

35 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Bodmin dont seem to be able to hit a barn door at the minute 

for a club that has always had a top striker to score 30 plus goals they don’t look like scoring any at the minute 

darren needs a top striker and fast. 

Reported on Twitter that another brace on players are on the way in at Bodmin, Lee Bevan joins from Torpoint and Jason Vincent from Tavistock. How many players is that for Bodmin this season?

14 minutes ago, Andy Holman said:

Few of the Torpoint faithful seem to think the Manager has lost the changing room and is now out of his depth.

Battered tonight by a good (not great Ivybridge side) and with the money quoted that some of the point players are picking up and apparently the team with the highest budget in the league, losing 3/4 games already this season shouldn’t be happening.

Torpoint don’t have a massive budget so I don’t know where you got that from. Also we went 3-0 down in the first 8 minutes with quick fire goals, I don’t know if any one else would come back from that either. We had some good passages of play half way through the first half and a good part of the second half. We just been unfortunate with a couple of players leaving and injuries. We will be back, mark my words, it is just a blip, don’t all teams have them now and again. No team is perfect!

Good win for Saltash under the lights at Launceston, always atmospheric ground, nice trip up the A388. Good pitch side view from the welcome covered stand given one or two downpours first half. By the end it had cleared up nicely, even for our half time cuppas.

Three quick fire goals before half time, may have been a goal or two earlier. Half an hour into second half Saltash got a fourth, own goal after ball bounced around before Launceston scored with a well taken goal, pleased for them able to get a goal as good hosts. Saltash wrapped it up with a nice finish in the box for the fifth later on.

Good luck to Launceston for rest of season.

14 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Reported on Twitter that another brace on players are on the way in at Bodmin, Lee Bevan joins from Torpoint and Jason Vincent from Tavistock. How many players is that for Bodmin this season?

Bevan started tonight, Vincent came on for Bowker, strange match Jennings missing chances before Reski managed to get himself sent off, not sure if it was for dissent or whether the referee got the wrong man as it was Dingle who made the foul that he blew for. Down to 10 men Bodmin had no chance against a very fit youthful St Austell side.

1 hour ago, The Torpoint Massive said:

Torpoint don’t have a massive budget so I don’t know where you got that from. Also we went 3-0 down in the first 8 minutes with quick fire goals, I don’t know if any one else would come back from that either. We had some good passages of play half way through the first half and a good part of the second half. We just been unfortunate with a couple of players leaving and injuries. We will be back, mark my words, it is just a blip, don’t all teams have them now and again. No team is perfect!

Sorry but your way of shore here my friend, you’ve only got to look at some of the players that put the shirt on every week to know they ain’t playing for peanuts. 

You are correct, most teams would struggle to come back from 3-0 down in 7 minutes by ask yourself - Why are you 3-0 down inside 7 minutes anyway??

Who has left apart from Lee Bevan ??

6 hours ago, Andy Holman said:

Sorry but your way of shore here my friend, you’ve only got to look at some of the players that put the shirt on every week to know they ain’t playing for peanuts. 

You are correct, most teams would struggle to come back from 3-0 down in 7 minutes by ask yourself - Why are you 3-0 down inside 7 minutes anyway??

Who has left apart from Lee Bevan ??

Owen Raven the young 18 year old. He was getting very few starts and often came off the bench. He is still learning his SWPL trade, good player but should of gave us another season before making this decision. 

9 hours ago, Andy Holman said:

I very surprised what’s happening down the mill atm genuinely thought they would challenge but as I said last week watched a few games and they look less strong than last year squad changes every week no continuity. Many torpoint lads in the team now days ? About 2/3 used to be at least half or more , think they have lost the link they had through the club .very strange shocked from Gary and Dean and heard they were paying out big bucks didn’t no if that was true tho . 

9 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Jason Vincent he seems another player that never settles anywhere is he the striker Bodmin need ? 

And lee bevan been on bench for parkway a few games when torpoint have had a game so not sure what gone on there. 

Does seem there is no project or build at Bodmin just lose get more bodies in 

Jason too quality striker just hasn’t had the time last few seasons he’s been playing well start of this year but again prob not starting and playing enough at tavi. As for going Bodmin prob been offered a packet off Darren .. As for lee must of Been a bust up with dean or Gary been club captain now for what 3/4 seasons and just left can see a bigger issue all I can assume as he wasn’t going to play as much as he wanted got the new lad hardcastle left back so lee wouldn’t play left back would have to play left side of of a 3 and then having to play 352 because of that just to fit players in prob got dropped one game and could see what was going to happen and thought I wanna be playing and didn’t he sign for bodmin start of the season then sign straight back ?? Bodmin been no where a team of yesterday’s a lot of managers are not coaches just pick 15 lads who half decent send them out no direction just a good players go and play.. this day an age u can already see it the teams with a clear guide and plan are doing well . Saltash liskeard st Austell dobwalls camelford millbrook Ivybridge  Dartmouth not got all the best players in the league on paper!  but working for each other and being mates goes a long long way further than a cheeky £50 in ya packet .

23 minutes ago, Journeyman009 said:

Jason too quality striker just hasn’t had the time last few seasons he’s been playing well start of this year but again prob not starting and playing enough at tavi. As for going Bodmin prob been offered a packet off Darren .. As for lee must of Been a bust up with dean or Gary been club captain now for what 3/4 seasons and just left can see a bigger issue all I can assume as he wasn’t going to play as much as he wanted got the new lad hardcastle left back so lee wouldn’t play left back would have to play left side of of a 3 and then having to play 352 because of that just to fit players in prob got dropped one game and could see what was going to happen and thought I wanna be playing and didn’t he sign for bodmin start of the season then sign straight back ?? Bodmin been no where a team of yesterday’s a lot of managers are not coaches just pick 15 lads who half decent send them out no direction just a good players go and play.. this day an age u can already see it the teams with a clear guide and plan are doing well . Saltash liskeard st Austell dobwalls camelford millbrook Ivybridge  Dartmouth not got all the best players in the league on paper!  but working for each other and being mates goes a long long way further than a cheeky £50 in ya packet .

This has been going on at Bodmin for ages tho. No youth set up at all. No youngsters being brought into the team  , old faces retuned and leave like a revolving door .  You have to worry about Bodmin as all the other clubs you mention make massive improvements with the whole structure of thier clubs 

why is thier no Bodmin supporter on here calling for change ?  

11 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

This has been going on at Bodmin for ages tho. No youth set up at all. No youngsters being brought into the team  , old faces retuned and leave like a revolving door .  You have to worry about Bodmin as all the other clubs you mention make massive improvements with the whole structure of thier clubs 

There are no Bodmin supporters maybe. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

I thought that Gary Jeffrey joining from Launceston in the summer was a positive move in terms of player recruitment, coaching and preparation. But all that seems to have come to nothing. 

Know it's early days, but it looks like there is a change in direction going on in the Peninsula League. Clubs like Liskeard, Camelford and St Austell ,who have developed their own rather than expensively recruiting, are coming to the fore. Perhaps this will be how the league will have to go in the post Covid era of austerity.

It is fantastic that some of the not so favoured clubs are doing well this season (I include St Austell in that as most of the squad are new and many wrote them off) with that comes a touch of reality. They all play good passing football with many good young players, built as a squad. With the hard boggy winter months coming and the injuries that always happen (each of the clubs mentioned have key players who if lost will affect the team results) and the simple fact some some of the more ‘senior’ clubs do have the pulling power, whether money / facilities / managers (leave you to decide) to supplement and change their squads - so in reality most will move up the table. What should now be clear though to these higher ‘ranked’ teams is that they need to look at the ethos  of the smaller clubs and stop looking at the same old names, many of whom are living on past reputation and start looking at the younger players building a reputation, which includes loyalty. 

45 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

It is fantastic that some of the not so favoured clubs are doing well this season (I include St Austell in that as most of the squad are new and many wrote them off) with that comes a touch of reality. They all play good passing football with many good young players, built as a squad. With the hard boggy winter months coming and the injuries that always happen (each of the clubs mentioned have key players who if lost will affect the team results) and the simple fact some some of the more ‘senior’ clubs do have the pulling power, whether money / facilities / managers (leave you to decide) to supplement and change their squads - so in reality most will move up the table. What should now be clear though to these higher ‘ranked’ teams is that they need to look at the ethos  of the smaller clubs and stop looking at the same old names, many of whom are living on past reputation and start looking at the younger players building a reputation, which includes loyalty. 

Interesting post. Agree with you that the table may well have a very different look to it in a few months, and the clubs I have mentioned will do very well to be in the top 5 next April, but I hope we are seeing a longer term shift in philosophies. Taking the clubs that were the pre-season favourites, Helston have certainly splashed the cash on players, but also have a thriving youth and women's section and have put resources into developing the ground and facilities with more work planned, Saltash also have a decent youth and reserves section with one or two from this starting to appear in the first team , similarly Mousehole have developed the ground with new floodlights amongst other improvements and also (under Jake Ash and others) have a large youth policy with an eye on developing local players.

That leaves Bodmin , at a risk of appearing to be bashing them, without Darren Gilbert's enthusiasm and drive.where would they be? They have no youth or reserve teams, very little support from the town and Priory Park leaves a lot to be desired in terms of spectator and playing facilities. Unless something dramatic happens, it looks likely that they will have gone 5 years without winning the league by the end of this season and their last trophy was the Senior Cup in 2016. Without Darren, would they be facing a decline similar to that experienced by St Blazey post Trevor Mewton?

Whats happened to Neil Warnocks son thought he had gone to Bodmin , Bodmin should never of let Adam Carter leave and who do they get to replace him Stuart Bowker who couldnt hit a barn door ,I have heard they are going to try and sign Jacob Jaffa Rowe he would be a good signing but he hasnt already played for Bodmin so he wouldnt go there i see they have signed another e Bodmin Player in Lee Bevan they need to get Steve Simmonds and Kevin Miller back . I had Bodmin down for a top 3 finish cant see that happening looks like they are struggling to put a team out most weeks i can see Darran Gilbert packing it in before long

12 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Whats happened to Neil Warnocks son thought he had gone to Bodmin , Bodmin should never of let Adam Carter leave and who do they get to replace him Stuart Bowker who couldnt hit a barn door ,I have heard they are going to try and sign Jacob Jaffa Rowe he would be a good signing but he hasnt already played for Bodmin so he wouldnt go there i see they have signed another e Bodmin Player in Lee Bevan they need to get Steve Simmonds and Kevin Miller back . I had Bodmin down for a top 3 finish cant see that happening looks like they are struggling to put a team out most weeks i can see Darran Gilbert packing it in before long

Losing Adam Carter was a huge blow,especially given the significance that was attached to his return in the summer. Wonder what went on? 

58 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Will had his ankle broken in their first game. 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

It's all getting a bit embarrassing at Bodmin.

I may be totally wrong, but I thought a lot of Bodmin’s money came from or ‘through’ Mr Gilbert - if he left, there would be no Bodmin club (Council Ground, no other teams, small fan base and limited club/bar finances) - Love them or not, that would be a massive loss to the league. 

25 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

I may be totally wrong, but I thought a lot of Bodmin’s money came from or ‘through’ Mr Gilbert - if he left, there would be no Bodmin club (Council Ground, no other teams, small fan base and limited club/bar finances) - Love them or not, that would be a massive loss to the league. 

Yes it would be the end I feel. But maybe Darren would make a good referee. Lol

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Ha carter would have scored at least 30 plus easy. So they thought kicking him out and bringing in bowker was better ? no wonder they can’t score. 

Maybe Adam saw what we’re seeing now earlier and thought better off out of it . Saw Bodmin in vase cup game earlier in season and wasn’t overly impressed,can only describe them as a collection of players not a team.Maybe they are working hard behind the scenes to turn the collective into a team .On paper it should be a team but you got to question why some of them players are there,the obvious money thing will be mentioned but surely the players have a desire to gel and work it out as it’s not as though some of them haven’t played in the same team before.Or is it they’re only guided into playing a plan A way and nobody has a plan B when things aren’t going well ?