St Blazey

Veryan

St Cleer

Padstow United

Newquay

Roche

St Teath

Foxhole

St Stephens vs Torpoint fixture of the weekend again! Always a cracker this one with both teams always providing a great game. Going on results so far and the strength of the away side I fancy the Point for the win. 0-3

Predictions: 

Mount Gould v Foxhole  5-0

Padstow United v St Newlyn East 1-3

Roche v Plymouth Marjon 0-3

St Blazey v St Teath 3-2

St Cleer v Veryan 1-2

St Dominick v Newquay 1-3 

St Stephen v Torpoint Athletic 0-3 

15 hours ago, #back said:

St Stephens vs Torpoint fixture of the weekend again! Always a cracker this one with both teams always providing a great game. Going on results so far and the strength of the away side I fancy the Point for the win. 0-3

Predictions: 

Mount Gould v Foxhole  5-0

Roche v Plymouth Marjon 0-3

St Blazey v St Teath 3-2

St Cleer v Veryan 1-2

St Dominick v Newquay 1-3 

St Stephen v Torpoint Athletic 0-3 

I agree St Stephens V Torpoint fixture of the weekend, I fancy a repeat of the 2018 Junior Cup final. 2-0 home win.

Mount Gould v Foxhole  18-0

Padstow United v St Newlyn East 0-0

Roche v Plymouth Marjon 0-6

St Blazey v St Teath 3-1

St Cleer v Veryan 4-4

St Dominick v Newquay 2-2

St Stephen v Torpoint Athletic 2-0

1 hour ago, StarMan42 said:

18-0, crikey Star Man, a big and maybe harsh prediction. Foxhole have had a mass exodus but aren't too bad at the back. Despite not winning a game yet, conceding 10 in 5 isn't usually bottom fodder in local football. MG will still be too strong though I've no doubt about that.

My predictions

Mount Gould v Foxhole  6-0

Roche v Plymouth Marjon 0-5

St Blazey v St Teath 3-1

St Cleer v Veryan 2-3

St Dominick v Newquay 5-2

St Stephens vs torpoint 0-2.

All credit to both sides a well battled, hard tackling game. The point came out on top with two errors from the saints leading to the points win. They’ll be travelling home thinking it doesn’t matter where the goals come from, goals win games. The saints without all time leading goal scorer, Craig Coad struggled for goals therefore not scoring. The saints will go again next week away to st Blazey. 

Snogger. 

45 minutes ago, Snogger 2.0 said:

St Stephens vs torpoint 0-2.

All credit to both sides a well battled, hard tackling game. The point came out on top with two errors from the saints leading to the points win. They’ll be travelling home thinking it doesn’t matter where the goals come from, goals win games. The saints without all time leading goal scorer, Craig Coad struggled for goals therefore not scoring. The saints will go again next week away to st Blazey. 

Snogger. 

St steves should count themselves unlucky to be on the wrong side of the result today but on the flip side should count themselves lucky they still have their hearing due to the constant moaning of the Torpoint bench and no 11

• ECPL changed the title to RRL ECPL Results/Table for Saturday 17th October
1 hour ago, It was only a peck said:

St steves should count themselves unlucky to be on the wrong side of the result today but on the flip side should count themselves lucky they still have their hearing due to the constant moaning of the Torpoint bench and no 11

Think the only moaning from torpoint was for the pure tackles that were cynical/out of control by stephens players.

Other than a few chances in the first half by stephens, they didn’t really threaten the torpoint goal which the keeper barely had to make a save all game.

hats off to the home teams’ linesman though who was honest and fair throughout the game. Refreshing to see.

5 minutes ago, THE LYNX AFFECT said:

i referee the st.blazey v st.teath today

only a few cautions today 

but credit where credit is due end to end stuff by both teams

anyone reading this from the teams thank you for today 

Well Mr Lynx I had Mount Gould v Foxhole, no reds, no yellows, no sin bins and two great assistants! Both teams were great to referee, a credit to the league.

Saturday 17th October 2020

Mount Gould 5 (Moore 18, 53, 75, Brook 39, Alexander 56) Foxhole 0

Despite another superb battling performance depleted Foxhole slumped to the bottom of the league, although they will take some comfort in the knowledge they have now already played four of the top five away from home. With May still feeling the effects of last week’s knock, Baker became our seventh different ‘keeper this season, and he enjoyed a fine debut with a string of great saves and some impressive kicking. However, being also without Oulton, Austin, Whetter, Rundle, White and Olver, it was always likely to be a case of damage limitation against a side who could easily compete several leagues higher.

Mount Gould were kept at bay until the eighteenth minute when outside-right Moore cut inside Niles to lash home, and the Foxes’ hard-working approach successfully frustrated their opponents until centre-forward Brook smashed an unstoppable, dipping thunderbolt through Baker shortly before the break. When Mount Gould added two more within eleven minutes of the restart, first through Moore’s far post finish and then Alexander’s drive from outside the box, there were fears that Foxhole could capitulate, especially when Probert and Kerrigan joined James in hobbling off to afford Lake a rare opportunity to play outfield.

However, Foxhole again continued to frustrate their hosts with disciplined defending throughout the side, while also striving for a deserved consolation. On another day Couch’s header may have pitched just the right side of the upright, and his free-kick may have kissed the underside of the bar rather than thumping against it, while Lake also twice went close, first bending a dead-ball that had the home’ keeper scrambling, before his goal-bound inswinging corner was headed off the line by Pringle. Baker, though, could do nothing to prevent Moore completing his hat-trick with a close-range header with quarter of an hour remaining, but his outstanding display, coupled with another monumental effort against the odds by the lads, were positives we must hold on to in the coming weeks when surely a run of home matches beckons.

Foxhole (4-5-1): Callum Baker; Nathan Papaioannou, Saul Niles, Ryan Wilkins, Josh Andrews; Jay Manning, Martin Probert, Jake Couch, Levi Kerrigan, Jacob Mitchell; Richard James.

Subs: Charlie Bickle, Anton Lake.

Mount Gould: James Alexander, Lance Bailey, Danny Brook, James Fuller, Bailey Gamble, Dane Hewings, Fabian Johnson-Ewers, Benn Mcilvaney, David Moore, Dean Turner, Chris Wright.

Subs: James Grinrod, Matt Hawes, Lewis Pringle, Owen Pritchard, Teddy Sullivan.

Well played the super Foxes. Good luck to Mount Gould. Many thanks to Allen Johns and the linos.

On 15/10/2020 at 13:42, StarMan42 said:

I agree St Stephens V Torpoint fixture of the weekend, I fancy a repeat of the 2018 Junior Cup final. 2-0 home win.

Padstow United v St Newlyn East 0-0

Roche v Plymouth Marjon 0-6

St Blazey v St Teath 3-1

St Cleer v Veryan 4-4

St Dominick v Newquay 2-2

St Stephen v Torpoint Athletic 2-0

How did that go by the way? Heard st Stephens got battered, although it’s not hard.. probably the worst side they’ve had in 10+ years! Ha 

14 hours ago, THE LYNX AFFECT said:

i referee the st.blazey v st.teath today

only a few cautions today 

but credit where credit is due end to end stuff by both teams

anyone reading this from the teams thank you for today 

Great again, keep up the good work 

6 hours ago, #back said:

How did that go by the way? Heard st Stephens got battered, although it’s not hard.. probably the worst side they’ve had in 10+ years! Ha 

Battered 🤣🤣if not for a mistake for the first goal that game finishes 0-0. Nothing in it. Torpoint getting very carried away with some good results for a very average side 

1 hour ago, StarMan42 said:

Battered 🤣🤣if not for a mistake for the first goal that game finishes 0-0. Nothing in it. Torpoint getting very carried away with some good results for a very average side 

I’m inclined to agree to be quite frank torpoint somehow consider themselves a top 2/3 team despite scraping a few results and having played a number of games more than 4/5 clubs below them 🤷🏽‍♂️

19 hours ago, Grassrootsgary said:

I’m inclined to agree to be quite frank torpoint somehow consider themselves a top 2/3 team despite scraping a few results and having played a number of games more than 4/5 clubs below them 🤷🏽‍♂️

That depends how you look at it. They've played arguable the two best sides in Mount Gould (1-2) and St Dominick (0-1). In their other 6 games, they have kept 5 clean sheets and been much more prolific than they were last season. Winning 6-0 at home to a much-improved Marjon, 3-1 at St Cleer, 2-0 at St Minver, 4-0 at Veryan and now 2-0 at St Stephen are hardly "scraping" results are they Gary?

Foxhole are not the force they have been for the last couple season, St Minver, St Stephen and St Cleer are good sides but don't appear to be as strong, so "IF" Torpoint consider themselves a top 3 side - taking account of performances, results to date and the overall standard of the league - I think that's totally justified.

I didn't see the game at St Stephen, but all fair accounts suggest it was a bit of a battle and lacked any real quality but, considering the venue, surface and way St Stephen traditionally play, is that any wonder? Torpoint went there with their first choice centre back missing, top scorer Ryan Easterbrook called up to the Reserves, first choice right back injured, a starting midfield player pulled out ill on the morning of the game and three 17-year olds in the squad... yet, Matt Westall in the Torpoint goal hardy got his gloves dirty and they still won the game 2-0 without playing well, simply by taking the chances when they came. That to me, is the mark of a decent side, not an "average" one. 

Not so salty Gary and StarMan42! 🤗

1 hour ago, Shouter said:

That depends how you look at it. They've played arguable the two best sides in Mount Gould (1-2) and St Dominick (0-1). In their other 6 games, they have kept 5 clean sheets and been much more prolific than they were last season. Winning 6-0 at home to a much-improved Marjon, 3-1 at St Cleer, 2-0 at St Minver, 4-0 at Veryan and now 2-0 at St Stephen are hardly "scraping" results are they Gary?

Foxhole are not the force they have been for the last couple season, St Minver, St Stephen and St Cleer are good sides but don't appear to be as strong, so "IF" Torpoint consider themselves a top 3 side - taking account of performances, results to date and the overall standard of the league - I think that's totally justified.

I didn't see the game at St Stephen, but all fair accounts suggest it was a bit of a battle and lacked any real quality but, considering the venue, surface and way St Stephen traditionally play, is that any wonder? Torpoint went there with their first choice centre back missing, top scorer Ryan Easterbrook called up to the Reserves, first choice right back injured, a starting midfield player pulled out ill on the morning of the game and three 17-year olds in the squad... yet, Matt Westall in the Torpoint goal hardy got his gloves dirty and they still won the game 2-0 without playing well, simply by taking the chances when they came. That to me, is the mark of a decent side, not an "average" one. 

Not so salty Gary and StarMan42! 🤗

Beat the same ‘much improved’ Marjon who lost 3-1 to bottom of the league Roche this weekend, the only good result I see there is against mincer, as from what I’ve heard veryan and st Stephens aren’t quite the same teams they were last year therefore they are all wins you’d expect to see.

In my opinion regards st Stephen we have what I see a decent group of players in transition with myself managing the side now and not playing as much as I’d like/need too still feel we should be finishing top 4 this year that’s the aim and if we don’t achieve that then so be it. No complaints with the score on Saturday we gifted them one and punished on the break when pushing for an equaliser that’s football. 

Pride not the problem having the money time and volunteers to do it is the reason not sure how the other clubs work but we have a working party of one to do our pitch at st Stephen along with working full time running multiple kids teams so back feel free to come give me a hand Saturday morning moron

1 hour ago, coady-9 said:

Pride not the problem having the money time and volunteers to do it is the reason not sure how the other clubs work but we have a working party of one to do our pitch at st Stephen along with working full time running multiple kids teams so back feel free to come give me a hand Saturday morning moron

Bitten off more than you can chew then haven’t you? What do you want? Sympathy? Maybe dropping back down to the duchy league might have been a better option.. 

1 hour ago, #back said:

St Dom game arguably shouldn’t have been played. Another day and a full half of football plus stoppage time and torpoint come away with a draw at the very least so I’ve heard. Can’t really complain about it tho as were all happy to be playing again. I do think the state of some of these so called “pitches” needs addressing. St Dom, st Stephens and looe for a start surely can’t be considered east Cornwall standard. Dog poo every weekend, Lines not marked, grass not cut the list in endless.. abit of pride wouldn’t go a miss. 

Have you ever been to St Dominic? We pride ourselves in our pitch, we are a village side run by volunteers. We don’t have the money or machinery to have a pitch like some of the big clubs in Cornwall! To come on here and have a go at other clubs about their pitches really does show what a tool you are!! If you haven’t got anything decent to say, why don’t you keep quiet👍

25 minutes ago, Massive88 said:

Have you ever been to St Dominic? We pride ourselves in our pitch, we are a village side run by volunteers. We don’t have the money or machinery to have a pitch like some of the big clubs in Cornwall! To come on here and have a go at other clubs about their pitches really does show what a tool you are!! If you haven’t got anything decent to say, why don’t you keep quiet👍

Must agree, lovely friendly place to go and the pitch is always well prepared with good markings, grass cut and well fitted nets. 

1 hour ago, #back said:

Bitten off more than you can chew then haven’t you? What do you want? Sympathy? Maybe dropping back down to the duchy league might have been a better option.. 

current holders of east cornwall 1 though? Didn’t need an east cornwall reform to get here. Clueless

Torpoint on here moaning about the quality of opposition and the quality of pitches etc etc.

Maybe you should go and get promoted easily this season then, with everyone else being so bad? We won't have to bother you with our facilities either. 

Shout out to all the grassroots managers, players and committees who give up their time and volunteer for their respective clubs.

1 hour ago, #back said:

not at all no sympathy required I spend my hours doing everything I can to give 30 + local kids football and also the older generation a team to watch and play for so no keep your sympathy and quite frankly shove it up your ass get off from behind your screen name and do your bit come help me out on Saturdays like I say and maybe I can provide visiting sides the premier league facilities you so badly deserve ***** head

24 minutes ago, Jimmer06 said:

Torpoint on here moaning about the quality of opposition and the quality of pitches etc etc.

Maybe you should go and get promoted easily this season then, with everyone else being so bad? We won't have to bother you with our facilities either. 

Shout out to all the grassroots managers, players and committees who give up their time and volunteer for their respective clubs.

Just like to come on and confirm that whoever this is making those kind of comments is certainly no player of torpoint. I’ve personally spent my own time marking/digging in the goals up at horsen when we’ve had to play games there as and when the “mill has been OOB” so for us as a team to be complaining about other teams pitches would be abit silly. Enjoy the banter as much as the next bloke and that’s about it. 

Having played at both St Dominick and St Stephen, I don't think there's an issue with either pitch at all. Both Clubs are ran superbly and credit to Coady and the boys for getting the area in a top condition for the Youth boys coming through. I, for one, know how hard it is to run a Football Club at this level. We're (Torpoint) extremely lucky with the volunteers we have at our Club to enable 3 sides to play at The Mill. We do, however, have Horson as a 2nd pitch if required. The work that goes in off the field by the Council and volunteers from the Club and the Youth is second to none.

St Stephen were promoted on merit after running through the Duchy League and have shown how competitive they are in Senior football. St Dominck are one of the strongest sides in the League this season. I watched them pre-season play against our SWPL side and the scoreline did not reflect their performance on the day. I'd certainly hope that those negative comments have not come from anyone affiliated with Torpoint AFC as we expect our players to adhere to League and Club Social Media guidlines.

Here's to a competitive season on the field.

Luke - Torpoint AFC