Cornwall Football Forum

Ref available.

37 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Read the match reports all over the forum and you will see why there's a referee shortage! 

is it just me or do the "neutral" refs seem to get better treatment from the players than a "qualified" official? had a few stand in refs this season and honestly they've been spot on, could this be down to the fact they are doing us a favour and players don't see the need to moan/abuse/shout at them because they are "volunteers"? 

28 minutes ago, golong said:

is it just me or do the "neutral" refs seem to get better treatment from the players than a "qualified" official? had a few stand in refs this season and honestly they've been spot on, could this be down to the fact they are doing us a favour and players don't see the need to moan/abuse/shout at them because they are "volunteers"? 

There’s probably a lot in that! 👍

Within a higher set up you often get more vocal players to the refs. Teams will often question refs. 
Sometimes  you might try to put a seed of doubt in the refs mind. 
Most teams who’ve played against a team who’ve had a player sent off in the first half will at half time, say don’t give the ref an excuse to even it up.

In the Tralawny League and duchy league there’s less questioning of refs than in the higher leagues. Certainly the higher levels the questioning become more fierce!

33 minutes ago, chesterfield said:

Within a higher set up you often get more vocal players to the refs. Teams will often question refs. 
Sometimes  you might try to put a seed of doubt in the refs mind. 
Most teams who’ve played against a team who’ve had a player sent off in the first half will at half time, say don’t give the ref an excuse to even it up.

In the Tralawny League and duchy league there’s less questioning of refs than in the higher leagues. Certainly the higher levels the questioning become more fierce!

I’ve always said that this is a huge issue. Grassroots players are always to blame when it comes to abuse of referees. Obviously they have to take responsibility for their own actions but as you go higher, behaviours gets worse. Refs also ref the matches differently. Higher you go, the worse the abuse gets. Direct swearing at ref regularly unpunished as an example. We pay to play at our level and yet one swear word in frustration on you’re sent off and banned from playing a game you love. I think players are starting to look at their own behaviours more at grassroots level but things won’t change enough unless it’s challenged at a higher level. 
This should never be an excuse for bad behaviour but firmly believe that respect goes both ways