Cornwall Football Forum

What do Home teams pay towards costs who take part in Fa Vase competitions

Seems a sound idea to me and I'm assuming there is still some sort of arrangement where the away teams costs are at least partly covered. A team could be drawn away from home every round and end up way out of pocket although enjoying the results on the pitch!

Perhaps someone at a club involved can confirm what the up to date rules are?

Agree it could be very costly if you have to pay half the gate and travel costs that you could be left out of pocket even if you win at home for smaller clubs. I find it shameful that the cost of a yellow card has gone up especially as grass root clubs are under such restrictions this season. 

Worldwide pandemic, obviously having a big affect on these shores for businesses and individuals jobs and livelihoods. At least our grassroots clubs and players had their football to look forward to at the weekend. Oh no the FA decided to expunge all that, any league below the national league was considered shit!! Great for those clubs and players to be back playing again after the lockdown, how can we help them? 🤔 oh yeah put the fines up that’ll help them out on top of losing their jobs! Think the FAs next initiative is to send a representative around to all leagues below step 3 and just before the players go out onto the pitch at 5 to 3 is kick them all in the bollocks to go along with their other guidelines so far!! 👏🏼

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Worldwide pandemic, obviously having a big affect on these shores for businesses and individuals jobs and livelihoods. At least our grassroots clubs and players had their football to look forward to at the weekend. Oh no the FA decided to expunge all that, any league below the national league was considered shit!! Great for those clubs and players to be back playing again after the lockdown, how can we help them? 🤔 oh yeah put the fines up that’ll help them out on top of losing their jobs! Think the FAs next initiative is to send a representative around to all leagues below step 3 and just before the players go out onto the pitch at 5 to 3 is kick them all in the bollocks to go along with their other guidelines so far!! 👏🏼

The way RAPPO some of the sides that did well last season are playing this time around, it’s probably a good thing they didn’t have the option to be promoted! 🥴

Keith B I am a supporter and I agree maybe players can avoid being carded and the team I follow players pay their own fines for cards! I just feel was it necessary to put up the fines for a yellow card it is obviously not a deterrent as I see a lot given out. I know a lot of teams are not getting large gate numbers to off set costs. Small club houses can't even accommodate teams after matches or punters due to number restrictions and covid precautions. Not all clubs can afford extra staff to provide table service there seems to be extra pressures. On a positive note it is great to see football being played.

After doing well last season and the way they were treated like shit off your shoe by the FA, basically being told the league you worked hard in all season to top or be in a promotion place was worth Jack shit and only the National League and above was worth bothering about sorting points per game etc maybe the reason some teams aren’t doing as well this season is because they got chucked under the bus by the FA Deacs and have lost a bit of motivation!!? 

47 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

After doing well last season and the way they were treated like shit off your shoe by the FA, basically being told the league you worked hard in all season to top or be in a promotion place was worth Jack shit and only the National League and above was worth bothering about sorting points per game etc maybe the reason some teams aren’t doing as well this season is because they got chucked under the bus by the FA Deacs and have lost a bit of motivation!!? 

Should that be the case - wrong mentality! 

Grassroots sport now is all about money, the only good thing to come out of Covid is that clubs pay no affiliation fee’s this season but!!! Will prices go up next season. If your club is successful on the pitch and gain promotion even from trelawney/ duchy you have to make ground improvements. Why? can understand when you get higher up the ladder, but even then it gets ridiculous