Porthleven   0-2   Mousehole 

Saltash United   2-3   Newquay 

Sticker   4-5   Penzance 

Wendron United   3-1   Callington Town 

FA VASE 

2nd Qualifying Round 

Axminster Town   0-2   Clevedon Town 

Bridport   1-3   Ilfracombe Town 

Camelford   0-0    Wadebridge Town (Camelford win 6-5 on pens) 

Cheddar   3-2   Ivybridge Town 

Helston Athletic   1-0   Torpoint Athletic 

Longwell Green   2-1   Bovey Tracey 

Millbrook   2-1   Hallen 

Newton Abbot Spurs   3-2   Crediton United 

Shepton Mallet   5-1   Torrington 

St Blazey   3-0   Brislington 

Welton Rovers   1-0   Elburton Villa 

7 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

SWPL 

EAST DIVISION 

Dartmouth   3-0   Holsworthy 

Honiton Town   1-2   Elmore 

Stoke Gabriel   0-14   Plymouth Marjon 

Torridgeside   2-2   Brixham 

WEST DIVISION 

Bodmin Town   0-1   Falmouth Town 

Dobwalls   2-1   St Dennis 

Porthleven   0-2   Mousehole 

Saltash United   2-3   Newquay 

Sticker   4-5   Penzance 

Wendron United   3-1   Callington Town 

FA VASE 

2nd Qualifying Round 

Axminster Town   0-2   Clevedon Town 

Bridport   1-3   Ilfracombe Town 

Camelford   0-0    Wadebridge Town (Camelford win 6-5 on pens) 

Cheddar   3-2   Ivybridge Town 

Helston Athletic   1-0   Torpoint Athletic 

Longwell Green   2-1   Bovey Tracey 

Millbrook   2-1   Hallen 

Newton Abbot Spurs   3-2   Crediton United 

Shepton Mallet   5-1   Torrington 

St Blazey   3-0   Brislington 

Welton Rovers   1-0   Elburton Villa 

Bodmin were lucky to only concede one goal. F troop were magnificent as usual 👍

What a result for blazey. Only 10 men as well. A team that can definitely get up among the challenges for the title if they can stay fit and have the bonus of Levi landricombe to bring in when he free. 

Shock result for saltash at home. 

And  Bodmin again no striker that going to get you 20 odd goals is a real worry for them 

dobwalls winning again  

makes for exciting league this season 

Went St Blazey this afternoon saw them play Brislington in the Vase and they where brilliant they started off like they ment business and dominated the 1ST half and went 1-0 up 3mins before half time with a blockbuster freekick by Jordan Walton and this was after Sam Cooper was sent off for a reckless challenge an dhis 2nd yellow card .The 2nd Half started how the 1st finished Blazey playing some brilliant football and when Brislington did manage to get a shot at goal JORDAN Duffy was there to pull off some brilliant saves in a 5 min spell Blazey went 3-0 up first Jake Miller scored a great goal then Dan Perryman came off the bench and scored a brilliant goal and nearly had his 2nd with a brilliant bit of skill in the box .This was a brilliant display by a fine Blazey team and i enjoyed the match met lovely people Met Mark Rappo and his son it was good to see him after so long and he asked how i was which was nice you dont want to say its like shit but it is still cant get my head around it my partner is gone horrible coming back to a empty flat anyway Mom for Blazey but if i had to pick 1 player it would be there brillian tcaptain Jordan Powell played like a captain for Brislington the goalie he made some great saves .Thankyou Blazey .See you all very soon didnt know where i did Track and Trace i had my details written down you all know me anyway im Smokie Pearce

A terrific performance from St Blazey. Looked the brighter of the two sides throughout, even when down to 10 men just before the half hour mark. Jordan Walton opened the scoring with a well taken free kick, low into the bottom corner. The Brislington goalkeeper might be a little disappointed not to keep it out.

Blazey came out strong in the second half and should have doubled their lead when Tribble received the ball about 8 yards out with the goalkeeper on the floor, but couldn't get the ball from under his feet. Cal Kenny's shot took a large deflection and hit the bar, going out for a corner.

Brislington started to get into the game and Blazey defended a goal yard scramble, but for the most part they were limited to shots from distance. Eventually St Blazey started to break them down, Miller scoring a well struck effort to make the game safe. A third goal right before full time from the substitute Perryman added some gloss to what was a well deserved victory.

Isn't this the point when everybody starts to slag off Saltash for losing - all the money they spend blah blah blah???  Perhaps Helston's point against Newquay was a better result than the noisy lot (except for when they lost) at Falmouth thought. Makes you wonder how good Falmouth really aren't if they lost to Helston......

Camelford 0v0 Wadebridge (Camelford won 6-5 on penalties)

Pitch heavy but good condition and about 150 spectators. 
Put together a big local derby, two in form teams and an FA Vase game and you got exactly what you would expect - both team fully committed and both team actually playing decent football. Camelford were better team In the first half and Wadebridge the better in the second half - helped by both teams having sin bins in each half. Overall either team could of won / lost and neither deserved to. 
Penalty shoot out saw Camels score their first six and unfortunately Wadebridge missed their sixth - Camels through to next round. 

A good game of local football - no egos, no big brown envelopes and lads who gave their all - and all stayed afterwards for a beer. 
Sorry for Wadebridge and look forward to the league match
Let’s see who the draw gives Camels. 

40 minutes ago, le boss said:

Isn't this the point when everybody starts to slag off Saltash for losing - all the money they spend blah blah blah???  Perhaps Helston's point against Newquay was a better result than the noisy lot (except for when they lost) at Falmouth thought. Makes you wonder how good Falmouth really aren't if they lost to Helston......

That is very true, very inconsistent at present and lacking in defence.

38 minutes ago, le boss said:

For someone who's  hot on punctuation and grammar Bash . What the hell is that all about ? ,or have you had too many sherbets ?

57 minutes ago, le boss said:

You don't sound very happy Le Boss.

59 minutes ago, le boss said:

Not sure you can put saltash in the big money spending category 

30 minutes ago, mattelot said:

For someone who's  hot on punctuation and grammar Bash . What the hell is that all about ? ,or have you had too many sherbets ?

Grammar and punctuation? Yes my thing - no sherbets?

13 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Not sure you can put saltash in the big money spending category 

Of course not😏

2 minutes ago, Cornishfan74 said:

Is there a link to listen to this interview? Cheers Dave 

http://listen.rsab.org/ - but you can't listen back until Sunday onwards. In the show/presenter box insert 'Dale Godding'. It's towards the very end of the programme - i would suggest you look from about 5.40pm onwards. Dane was one of the last on.

2 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

http://listen.rsab.org/ - but you can't listen back until Sunday onwards. In the show/presenter box insert 'Dale Godding'. It's towards the very end of the programme - i would suggest you look from about 5.40pm onwards. Dane was one of the last on.

Funny that !!! All local football is at the end of the programme !! Waited 55 minutes to get the full times read out !! Absolute shambles coverage in truth and gets worse every year. 

ITS 5pm so..... let’s hear a 15 minute interview about surfing or equestrianism (Big Al.. That’s horses bud !! )

And just for the record, the Saltash game according to one of their players was described as an absolute Sh@t Show !! I did say they would lose some !!!  It was awful tbh !!

4 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Funny that !!! All local football is at the end of the programme !! Waited 55 minutes to get the full times read out !! Absolute shambles coverage in truth and gets worse every year. 

ITS 5pm so..... let’s hear a 15 minute interview about surfing or equestrianism (Big Al.. That’s horses bud !! )

And just for the record, the Saltash game according to one of their players was described as an absolute Sh@t Show !! I did say they would lose some !!!  It was awful tbh !!

Yeah very true, football by far the most popular sport shame we don’t have our own Cornish soccer station or something similar like a Cornish Match of the day would be class. 

from watching the game Saltash we’re awful, the centre back who normally is there best player got made to look very average, Newquay tho were very good and I’m not exaggerating but Newquay could have easily scored 8 all clear 1 on 1 chances. Saltash had loads of possession but could find a final pass with Newquay keeping a good shape. Only question is why did The big lad Hughes only start on the bench? It was only when he came on they started looking more of a threat, much be injured etc???

thanks for the link Dave 

6 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

I think you might be referring to a different radio channel Rocky!

I listened to Dane on Radio St Austell Bay where one man in a radio station is putting out local football pretty much all afternoon!

During the afternoon match updates from all levels and then later post match with “management”.

it’s a bit raw at times, but the local game is being covered.

2 hours ago, Cornishfan74 said:
6 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Yeah very true, football by far the most popular sport shame we don’t have our own Cornish soccer station or something similar like a Cornish Match of the day would be class. 

Great idea but takes time and money! One of the issues I find in Cornwall when producing my magazine and the podcast is that people tend to only buy or listen when “their” club is the subject matter.

I’m always prepared to listen to suggestions as to what would be a good idea but over the years I wonder if the interest is really there for people say in the far west to know what is happening in the Tamar Valley!

Shame but believe me learnt from personal experience!

Went to see the Bodmin -Falmouth game yesterday, a game that Falmouth should have won by a larger margin had they taken the several opportunities they were presented with.
On this showing Bodmin would have struggled with twelve men and the referee on their side, their play was very piecemeal and unless they can achieve some consistency with the team that turns out on a weekly basis, they are likely to struggle against several current teams in the S.W.P.L.

7 hours ago, rocky170267 said:

Radio Pasties sport programme is way below the required standard, and the current presenter openly admits he doesn't like sport and knows nothing about football,  the questions he asked Paul Wooton yesterday were quite frankly embarrassing. Who makes these appointments?

15 minutes ago, hoppit said:

Radio Pasties sport programme is way below the required standard, and the current presenter openly admits he doesn't like sport and knows nothing about football,  the questions he asked Paul Wooton yesterday were quite frankly embarrassing. Who makes these appointments?

Totally agree utter rubbish reporting ..

Radio cornwall yesterday was a joke. After leaving bodmin v Falmouth I put the radio on in the car to here the results come in. Only to be told about 15 time Truro had won 2 nil. And still at 5.30 they were still waiting for the results to come in. Perhaps they have not heard about twitter or any other social media. But if the rugby was being played we would have had all their results just after 5. 

20 minutes ago, herbie777 said:

I notice Leeds has disappeared again up his own backside. He has had an awful weekend Bodmin losing again and the 2 teams he seems to hate St Blazey and Newquay both getting great victories. 

Never mind Leeds I am sure Bodmin will win a game soon 😉 

Spotted Leeds in his Peugeot driving out the car park in tears. 😭

Not to be a "pooper" but the pictures posted by a Blazey fan to social media after the game hardly paint a picture of adhering to the "rule of 6". Seemed a very "rammed" clubhouse....

Establishments need to all club together in light of these guidelines otherwise the consequences could be fairly fatal in the long run

So good to hear that Dane Bunney was honest with his match day thoughts Dane it could have been ten

the writing has been on the wall now for a few weeks,   there are one or two players, who think that 

they are better than they are, you only have to look at the subs bench not good enough,its time to get into

the transfer market Dane before its to late, also Saltash are very fortunate that they are up against some of

the so called whipping boys in the next few games so can hopefully turn this season into one that Dane thinks

he can win.i will be honest Saltash have had to deal with quite a few injuries but the way Saltash played yesterday

is unexceptionable to what we have all witnessed over the past 5 or 6 seasons. Come on Dane get a grip you are the man

56 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

I just love the fact everyone is obsessed with me, I am flattered by your fascination 🎣🎣

Don't confuse flattery Leeds with the concern over the lack of your opinion of why Bodmin are in the doldrums, when you have an opinion on just about every other club in the league, not only on their playing ability but also club finances.
Under the circumstances why is an opinion on Bodmin lacking unless they happen to win, we would all benefit from your considered opinion..
Well done the boys who top the league, whom we seem to remember are from the FISH & CHIP LEAGUE.

To be fair to saltash they have had some pretty big games in the cup  that have taken the toll on players already few of the lads coming back from quite long injury lay offs.  they don’t have the biggest squad and don’t have access to Southern and  western league ringers like some others. 

I am sure they will sort them selfs out too many good players in the team. 

2 hours ago, Roche Raider said:

Not to be a "pooper" but the pictures posted by a Blazey fan to social media after the game hardly paint a picture of adhering to the "rule of 6". Seemed a very "rammed" clubhouse....

Establishments need to all club together in light of these guidelines otherwise the consequences could be fairly fatal in the long run

Seemed? 

If you were there you would understand the effort that went in to keep groups to no more than 6 and have table service and a one way system while everyone in masks apart from whem sitting down etc etc etc. 

Some groups had to sit outside yesterday so that the clubhouse wasnt over full. Someone sees a picture and theres always someone wanting to jump on it to get a medal. 

No wonder people dont want to do anything these days. There's always someone ready to criticise at the slightest thing. 

I mentioned this before. Everyone loves to see the videos and pictures from the Matches but you always get the fun police and covid detectives going through every picture and frame to find something wrong. Honestly leave the clubs alone it’s hards enough as it is and they are doing everything they can to keep it safe for us to watch !!

FA Vase

Second Qualifying Round

Helston Athletic 1 (Eddy), Torpoint Athletic 0

It proved a good time for Liam Eddy to appear on Helston’s first team goalscoring list following his return from his long-term injury. His touch home from within the six yard box proved enough to take the Blues into the draw for the FA Vase First Round Proper on Monday.

While Helston manager Steve Massey made five changes from the side that started midweek, in contrast Torpoint made only the one from their draw at Holsworthy with Jimmy Miller in for Ben Joyce.

I must add that some of Helston’s changes were forced upon them – Olly Brokenshire suspended, Matty Bye and Mark Goldsworthy both injured, no recognised regular goalkeeper and Billy Tucker on the subs bench.

Things didn’t get too much better for them as after 25 minutes skipper Neil Slateford departed injured and Ryan Beattie, who had been handed the skipper’s armband, followed Slates before half-time and the way he was hobbling later suggests he might be doubtful for their next match midweek at home to Sticker!

In the end, that Eddy goal, created by a good run down the left by youngster Alex Wharton,  proved crucial as although both sides had earlier gone close to breaking the deadlock, it was one of those games where really it’s hard to recall too many saves having to be made by either ‘keeper!

15 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I mentioned this before. Everyone loves to see the videos and pictures from the Matches but you always get the fun police and covid detectives going through every picture and frame to find something wrong. Honestly leave the clubs alone it’s hards enough as it is and they are doing everything they can to keep it safe for us to watch !!

I completely get the sentiment of this... BUT... 

I was a club that shall remain unnamed this weekend and after the game the clubhouse couldn’t have been more tightly packed if they tried. Absolutely zero social distancing and zero face covering being worn (except by the staff)

I understand that during the game it’s virtually impossible to enforce the COVID restrictions and the supporters need to take responsibility for their own behaviours. After the the game and in the club house though, it really isn’t that difficult to enforce social distancing and face coverings (absolute basics).

I’ve seen many clubs this season get the post match stuff spot on. Very little they can do during a game though if supporters decide they don’t want to follow the Law. 

Great result for Millbrook on Saturday it is a shame that the supporters stayed away as they really are a competitive team. I still feel it is such a shame they are not in the Peninsula West  league as they would really be at home amongst the big pocket teams and enjoy bigger gates to help this club build off the pitch. Credit to Mark and his team for giving Millbrook the support and passion for local football. Also great to see the Cornish times giving coverage to Millbrook and Torpoint who are Cornish teams flying the flag in the East Division. 

1 hour ago, Xanie25 said:

Great result for Millbrook on Saturday it is a shame that the supporters stayed away as they really are a competitive team. I still feel it is such a shame they are not in the Peninsula West  league as they would really be at home amongst the big pocket teams and enjoy bigger gates to help this club build off the pitch. Credit to Mark and his team for giving Millbrook the support and passion for local football. Also great to see the Cornish times giving coverage to Millbrook and Torpoint who are Cornish teams flying the flag in the East Division. 

We try and get them on the podcast as much as possible :c: