Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League 10 Oct 2020

Yes. A shame. I wasn't going to go: distance, weather: but then about 1.30 I thought I might, then my wife said "in that case, you can drop in to Waitrose on your way back and get....." (long list!) so there was no chance of me changing my mind. So, last minute, off I went. Well, lovely playing surface, lovely conditions, car parked with a view behind one goal - probably because there was only one other car there! Still, did Waitrose (madhouse), noted Truro City were at home as I drove past but couldn't be arsed to go in, afternoon off - though had I known the game was off I'd have been doing more repair work to my drive. Never mind! Tough for Carharrack's lads, though: two Saturdays with no game (odd number of teams in the division, they were the team without a fixture last week).

Div 2

Chacewater 3  Mullion 4

The top of the table match of two unbeaten teams ended with the visitors taking the points.

Chacewater were slow out of the blocks and trailed 0-3 at one stage.A penalty by Andrew Miles pulled one back and Mark Bell made it two.With Chacewater attacking strongly,Mullion broke to score a fifth before Mark Bell scored a third for the home team. 

Div 4

Storm 1 Dropship 6

At 3-1 Storm had a few good chances but the final 15 saw us score 3

Storm did really well today and done the club proud in attitude and performance and surely points wont be far away for them

Dropship scorers

Peter Norfolk 2

David Bartlam 

Harry Browning 

Charlie Morgan 

Ben Penna 

1 hour ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Trelawny Div 1

Penzance Reserves 1-1 Praze

Att - 46

Praze keeper made 3 fantastic leaping saves to keep Pz at bay. Praze went ahead against run of play. Pz keeper had to make one save and it was like the Praze keepers, all were top draw. 

Probably a good game for the neutral today. Penzance the better side overall, we just couldn’t get out of first gear.. with the chances available it would’ve been a higher scoring game. Both teams hitting the crossbar and a few very good saves either end. Worthy of the result, PZ probably disappointed and us boys being relieved.

St Just league to lose currently!

1 hour ago, The Tinner said:

St Just 4-0 Ludgvan Res

Thank you to Ludgvan for staying for a beer, and also to our stand in ref Scotty. Ludgvan only registering one shot on target, but battled well.

Just over 100 people watching spread out across the ground. Goals from Ellis x3 and Joshy Attwood. 

Who reffed the game?

Prem

Four Lanes - 4 (Ryan Baber, Kyle Hocking, Chris Ward x2)

Goonhavern - 3

We had 6 starting players out today but have strengthened the squad with additional signings recently who played with heart and battled all game.

And my first ever game at centre back... cheers Spence!!

We had a 2 goal lead on several occasions. Goonhavern scored a penalty with 10 mins remaining but we held on to secure the win.

Mawnan 3 Probus 1 (Liam Paddock)

Premier Division

I got a call on the morning of the match from our manager asking if I could do a job in midfield today - I was delighted after having a bad back all week! Mawnan started well and took the lead when a midfield runner (Harry?) finished well. We equalised when a Liam Paddock free-kick bizarelly saw the home keeper watch the ball go over the wall and he didn't appear to move a muscle. Most of us thought the ball had gone over the bar because of the keepers lack of reaction! Luke Wort was a constant danger for Mawnan but we battled well in the first half despite the home team having much more of the ball. Mawnan had a player sin binned before the break for swearing. 1-1 half-time.

Disappointingly we never got going in the second half and we also had a player sin bnned for dissent and in that 10 minute spell Mawnan scored twice, Harry ? again and Luke Work with a driven free kick - he's still good enough to play a decent standard of football and he was the main difference between the teams today. He has always been a quality player and he was a real handful today.

Mawnan deserved the win but we battled well throughout and well done to the second team players who stepped up to help us out today

Thanks to Steve Tootle the ref who had a good game. Threemilestone away next week.

Ps Obvioulsy the 'job' I did in midfield was not going enough! #TooOldTooSlow

I can assure the people commenting on our reserves above that the managers did their upmost to get 2 teams out today and it's the first time I can remember in over 10 years (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that we have failed to fulfil a fixture. Yes we have 54 players signed on but we didn't have enough for 2 teams today, so apologies to Carharrack for that, but I'm sure lots of people understand the challenges of getting teams out on the pitch week in, week out. 

3 hours ago, cornishteddyboy said:

Trelawny Div 1

Penzance Reserves 1-1 Praze

Att - 46

Praze keeper made 3 fantastic leaping saves to keep Pz at bay. Praze went ahead against run of play. Pz keeper had to make one save and it was like the Praze keepers, all were top draw. 

Wow ! The Pies are back in Town, the Pies are back in Town, they got a point at home, they got a point at home ! Top draw indeed !

Three fantastic leaps, one fantastic report !  COME ON YOU PIES !

Again, I fear, we'll never see

Such lyrical grace as CTB

Imparts in every throbbing line

To show bold Magpies stood so fine

'Gainst fearsome odds. Stare in amaze !

They wrenched a point from Mighty Praze ! 

Congratulations and thanks from all your old friends up in Pard Country.

14 minutes ago, Chris Davey said:

Mawnan 3 Probus 1 (Liam Paddock)

Premier Division

I got a call on the morning of the match from our manager asking if I could do a job in midfield today - I was delighted after having a bad back all week! Mawnan started well and took the lead when a midfield runner (Harry?) finished well. We equalised when a Liam Paddock free-kick bizarelly saw the home keeper watch the ball go over the wall and he didn't appear to move a muscle. Most of us thought the ball had gone over the bar because of the keepers lack of reaction! Luke Wort was a constant danger for Mawnan but we battled well in the first half despite the home team having much more of the ball. Mawnan had a player sin binned before the break for swearing. 1-1 half-time.

Disspaointinly we never got going in the second half and we also had a player sin bnned for dissent and in that 10 minute spell Mawnan scored twice, Harry ? again and Luke Work with a driven free kick - he's still good enough to play a decent standard of football and he was the main difference between the teams today. He has always been a quality player and he was a real handful today.

Mawnan deserved the win but we battled well throughout and well done to the second team players who stepped up to help us out today

Thanks to Steve Tootle the ref who had a good game. Threemilestone away next week.

Ps Obvioulsy the 'job' I did in midfield was not going enough! #TooOldTooSlow

I can assure the people commenting on our reserves above that the managers did their upmost to get 2 teams out today and it's the first time I can remember in over 10 years (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that we have failed to fulfil a fixture. Yes we have 54 players signed on but we didn't have enough for 2 teams today, so apologies to Carharrack for that, but I'm sure lots of people understand the challenges of getting teams out on the pitch week in, week out. 

I've had a absolute mare for the goal. Unexplainable lack of anything, including and excuse 😫 which I've got away with today. 

Decent game of football though, battled hard by both teams 

2 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Wow ! The Pies are back in Town, the Pies are back in Town, they got a point at home, they got a point at home ! Top draw indeed !

Three fantastic leaps, one fantastic report !  COME ON YOU PIES !

Again, I fear, we'll never see

Such lyrical grace as CTB

Imparts in every throbbing line

To show bold Magpies stood so fine

'Gainst fearsome odds. Stare in amaze !

They wrenched a point from Mighty Praze ! 

Congratulations and thanks from all your old friends up in Pard Country.

Rodney, your  rants are making you look stupid,  which those who know you are aware that you are not. Give it up and just support  your home town team in a reverent manner  please. 

Constantine 3-1 mawnan reserves. Mawnan went ahead with a Carl Ferris free kick which Keeper should of saved. Luckily for tine Liam dent and Liam chinn managed to grab 2 goals in a half where it was very tight. 2nd half and truth be told fitness played a big part and tine went 3-1 up through Kayne trevaskis and sealed the points. Fair play to mawnan who battled hard all game and will definitely be getting a few suprise results in my opinion. Utt 

Trelawny 2

Chacewater 3-4 Mullion Reserves. 

Top of the table clash between two unbeaten teams.

Chace sleeping and 3 down in the first 15 minutes, almost as many goals as we had conceeded in the opening 5 games of the season. Our slow start got punished this week by a team who could finish their opportunities.

We woke up after an incident at 20 mins in. 

Dragged it back to 2-3 by half time, against the odds. 

Half time talk was finished with the comment 'next goal wins'..

Second half Chace pushed hard and Mullion managed to finish one of their multiple chances, 2-4.

Chace grabbed one back with ?10? to go for 3-4 and a tense ending to the game. 

Despite a huge push from the lads we couldnt find a 4th.

Must have been a great game for the neutral. 

Well played to Mullion and huge thanks to the ref for his time. 

We'll make it right next week! 

💚 💚 💚 

To Chris Davey

Commiserations with not being able to raise a team for the game against Carharrack. What happens? Do you just forfeit the game, with 3pts to Carharrack.

I repeat, such a shame that no game was possible as your pitch looked absolutely brilliant: smooth, level, short grass, crisp markings: anyone, up to Premier League, would enjoy playing on that! Looks a good village facility, what with that fenced in all-weather area at the end of the car park. There was even a group playing cricket in there when I was there! Bit of a double-take for a minute!

I wonder how many of your signed-on players were actually playing for someone else on the day? Just a thought: I wouldn't be surprised, loyalty being a thing of the past, or so it seems these days.

Best of luck for the future.

Tregony 3 Holmans res 2.

1-1 at half time. Holmans having some chances and forcing jimmy day into some great saves. A blocked shot on the goal line. Jake foster with Tregony’s goal.2nd half I thought we controlled the game better Martin Woolcock with a wonder strike. With a minute to go. Holmans defender denied me a goal handball on the line and was sent off. Jake foster Scored the penalty. Holmans with the last kick of the game scored a consolation. 5 tough games to start the season and expecting another tough game next week against threemilestone 

16 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

To Chris Davey

Commiserations with not being able to raise a team for the game against Carharrack. What happens? Do you just forfeit the game, with 3pts to Carharrack.

I repeat, such a shame that no game was possible as your pitch looked absolutely brilliant: smooth, level, short grass, crisp markings: anyone, up to Premier League, would enjoy playing on that! Looks a good village facility, what with that fenced in all-weather area at the end of the car park. There was even a group playing cricket in there when I was there! Bit of a double-take for a minute!

I wonder how many of your signed-on players were actually playing for someone else on the day? Just a thought: I wouldn't be surprised, loyalty being a thing of the past, or so it seems these days.

Best of luck for the future.

Hi Tom, 

Thanks for your reply. I’m not sure to be honest what happens as I’m only a player, I guess we lose the points and get fined but as I say I’m not sure.

Graham, our second team manager, does a brilliant job in keeping the pitch in great condition and I know he puts a lot of hours in to it, for which we are all grateful for. He would have been gutted to have to call the game off, partly because both his sons play in the team. I guess we are the same as a lot of clubs where they are kept going by a small group of people doing all the work.
There are a number of reasons why we couldn’t raise a team yesterday (I won’t go into the details because I don’t think everyone else needs to know!), and maybe a 1 or 2 of our signed on players turned out for other teams yesterday.
Apologies to you for a wasted trip, barring a visit to Waitrose (very posh!).

Premier

Newlyn NA (1) 4 -v- 2 (0) Stithians

After a close 5-3 battle at the show-ground 2 weeks ago, both teams took to the field with stronger line-ups. And once again, there was not much between them. Newlyn went into half-time with a 1 nil lead thanks to a penalty kick, although Stithians had probably had the more clear-cut chances to score, with one effort coming back off the woodwork.

Newlyn were looking the stronger of the teams as the second half went on, with more and more play being held in the Stithians half. They went further into the lead with another penalty kick and a debated off-side goal. With little over 10 minutes to go, it looked like it was over. But Stithians showed why they are near the top of the league by mounting a late comeback. Two quick-fire goals left Newlyn looking nervous at 3-2, and trying to hold on for the win. As time ticked on, Stithians pressed for the equaliser, but it was Newlyn who broke and forced a very late corner kick. With not much effort for Newlyn to fill the box with attackers, it was a little surprising to see the corner kick swung into the box and Jack Liddicoat head home for his fourth goal of the day, and finally put the result to bed.

On 10/10/2020 at 23:30, Clubman said:

Rodney, your  rants are making you look stupid,  which those who know you are aware that you are not. Give it up and just support  your home town team in a reverent manner  please. 

Stupidity, dear Magpie Clubman, is your province. Your recent public reference to our political representatives and guardians against covidiocy as "rectums" has not gone down well. You really can't afford to offend your council pitch landlord like that. Such a pity. Looks like you might have to play away all year. Perhaps for a few grand you could have groundshared at Pendeen ?

4 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Stupidity, dear Magpie Clubman, is your province. Your recent public reference to our political representatives and guardians against covidiocy as "rectums" has not gone down well. You really can't afford to offend your council pitch landlord like that. Such a pity. Looks like you might have to play away all year. Perhaps for a few grand you could have groundshared at Pendeen ?

Magpie clubman? And pray tell me Mystic Rodney how many spies do you have on Penzance Town Council to know that they are offended by an accurate  description  of their being?  

On 13/10/2020 at 00:16, Clubman said:

Magpie clubman? And pray tell me Mystic Rodney how many spies do you have on Penzance Town Council to know that they are offended by an accurate  description  of their being?  

I think my political affiliations, based on dialectical materialism and including opposition to mysticism, are sufficiently well known already, comrade.