Cornwall Football Forum

County Youth

I understand that the County Youth team drew 2-2 this weekend, with Patrick Rushton (penalty) and Luke Rigby scoring for the County team. Could David or Tommy give us a brief match report and let us know the team. Good to see the Newquay boys doing well. Tommy, Newquay introduced a new 16 year old to it's team on Saturday when Josh Harris came on as sub for the last 25 minutes and made an immediate impact rounding the keeper and finishing with his left foot to put Newquay 3-1 ahaead. Although Josh's goal was the highlight of his performance his all round play including his movement, electric pace and unselfish play shows he is certainly one for the future and one that Tommy may want to try and get to see nefore the next County Youth game.

Thanks Jimbo, I teach Josh at school and he's been playing for me in our 6th form team so I know all about him and glad to hear he played on Saturday!

We played poorly for a change and got a draw! That's football for you. We started brightly and quickly went off the boil and although we managed a couple of goals we certainly didn't deserve to win. They were a poor side as well and factor in a poor referee and assistants who, by the way, favoured neither side but were still poor, and you can work out what sort of a day it was.

Sounds a bit weird but I was happier with the game at Gloucestershire when we played well and lost!

There was nothing riding on this game though so I took the opportunity to give both goalkeepers a run out and this obviously cut down my outfield options, but that's beside the point, both did really well.

Next game is in 3 weeks in Oxford and all the younger players will be playing again to give them much needed experience.

Team:

Richard Pennington

Martyn Moon, Oli Dart, Musa Sabo, Patrick Rushton

Cameron Palin, Neil Slateford, Luke Rigby, Aaron Bicknell

Liam Eddy, Liam Dingle

Subs:

Luke Appleton, Sam Hunter, Will Tinsley, Dan Meens, Rob Rosevear

Sam Hunter and Liam Dingle both collected County Caps for their 10th inclusion in the squad.

Thanks again for your interest.

Josh has played for us all season in Duchy 5, he told us on Friday he was playing for Newquay which is the first we have heard about this (and it left us pretty short too!!!) .... Fortunately we have drafted in another bright star of the future as his replacement in Ben Ringrose who turned 16 last Wednesday, I would strongly urge the County youth selectors to check this guy out as he put in a man of the match display in on Saturday on his debut.