Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League fixtures 3/10/20

Four Lanes - 1 (Kyle Hocking)

School of Mines - 0

We had four players missing due to suspension or injury but a marked improvement from last week to put the hard work in and grind a result out with a depleted squad.

Nick Kemp did a great job reffing.

Div 4

Probus res 3 Dropship 10

Credit to Probus who kept going for the whole 90 and getting one well worked goal and 2 pens

As for us we took our chances and to have 8 different scorers too to get our first league win of the season 

Dropship scorers

Ben Fletcher 3

Peter Norfolk 

Jack Knight 

David Bartlam 

Luke Ewins

Jordan Lyth

Jamie Hooper

Harry Browning

16 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

How did Praze manage that after cancelling last week's game because of coronavirus ?

St Just 1 Constantine 0.

Great result for st just, shaping up to be a decent league this season! 
Everyone is recovering well thank you Issac, had 4 players out today and had two go off in the first 15 due to injury. We were low on numbers today 😂

Newlyn Non-Athletico 2 Probus 1 (Liam Paddock)

Premier Division

Thank you to the Newlyn manager for refereeing as we had no appointed official for the second week running. We started ok and had a couple of chances saved - one when my downward header from a free kick was pushed behind for a corner and the second was a brilliant one handed save from Dean Southworth’s curling shot. Newlyn had the better possession in the first half but didn’t create too much and we gave the ball away time and again. The ref did give a penalty to the home side for a foul but he overturned his decision after speaking to the linesman, which we believed was the correct decision after our defender won the ball and put it behind for a corner. Fair play to the ref for changing his mind. We took the lead against the run of play when a few good passes down our left put Liam Paddock through and he finished well. 1-0 to Probus at halftime.

Much like the first half we never got going in the second half and Newlyn equalised when a good through ball was finished well - we thought it could have been offside but our linesman didn’t and that’s all that matters! We continued to give away possession far too easily and Newlyn scored the winner with a 25 yard effort into the top corner after their midfielder was stronger in a challenge. We never really threatened and NNA could have scored again but for some good keeping. We huffed and puffed but in reality we were woeful for the whole game. Newlyn saw out the game easily and deserved the 3 points.

We got exactly what we deserved today and that was absolutely nothing! I could try and blame a whole host of things but if we all look at ourselves in the mirror we weren’t good enough today. We can’t be outworked and outfought that easily and expect anything from games. Thanks to the stand in ref who got the game on and if we play like that again we will be lucky to pick up another point this season. Mawnan away next weekend.

5 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

How did Praze manage that after cancelling last week's game because of coronavirus ?

St Just 1 Constantine 0.

Probably  because  the results  of the tests allowed the game to go ahead.  

5 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Illogan 3rd 2-4 Praze 

2-1 behind, the canaries came out fighting in the second half and overturned the game.

Jowan May x2

Danny Ford x2

WOW, two overweight  strikers and still won.😂

5 hours ago, Clubman said:

Come on let’s not get personal... they’re quality players and they proved it regardless of size/age/anything in between.

Just a mention of a few of illogans players from their firsts/seconds dropped down to play in the thirds yesterday. Couldn’t tell they played at a higher standard... didn’t influence the game at all! 👀 🎣

Just want to thank the Constantine lads for staying for several beers after our game today. Most teams wouldn't bother, especially with a long trip back, but it was much appreciated. Will make sure we return the favour up at your place 👍🍺

A high quality game, with Constantine playing nice football throughout but never really testing the St Just goal. St Just missed 3-4 clear cut chances over the course of the match, but finally got their reward when a last minute Jack Willis shot/cross found its way in with the help of a defender. 

There are some quality players in the trelawny leagues who have been there and done it and are still doing it despite age, weight, fitness etc, better to be a has been than a never been I guess 😉

Blatantly biting to arsene but both illogan 1's and 2's had games so I imagine any players dropped down would of been fringe 👍🏻

Tregony 4 Falmouth United 3.
First half, Falmouth attacking the graveyard end and with the wind behind them caused some problems with some slick passing. Tregony hitting on the break and pressing high up the pitch Falmouth all game continued to try to play out. Both teams had chances but Falmouth took a couple. We managed to get back in the game and we were more than happy to be 2-2 at half time. With the wind behind us we pushed up high and tried to pin Falmouth back. Falmouth with a strong side with mat Gilbert , Connor elsy Timmy hurrel and lots of other very good young players. 
We then took the lead and missed a pen and went ahead again. Falmouth got one back thru Timmy hurrell. That’s how the game finished Although a competitive game and appeals from both sides. 
 Utmost respect for Falmouth over the past 3 seasons they’ve stuck to there principles and really try to play, I’m sure there’ll be around the top of the league at the end of the season. 
Tregony scorers
jase busby

alex long

rhys heather

jake foster

I help run the u18s at Illogan, 7 or 8 of our boys regularly play for the 3rds on Saturdays and 4 have made the step up to the 1st team , with the consensus of bringing all the lads through the ranks at the right time and keeping them at the club , so pleased with the direction the club is going and once they have time the results will come , in regards to the Praze game although I wasnt there due to work commitments I believe the 1st playing away to st Dominick only took 13 players for the long trip , so 2 of the lads played albeit only about 20 mins as both took knocks, As for Jowan May scoring 2 , I can remember playing with him at u16s nearly  25 years ago at youth level , so for him to stay fit and still banging the goals in I take my hat off to him , such a great player over the years.

Illogan goals coming from 2 of our u18s, keep up the good work lads!!

Kieran Curnow and Joel Heard 

4 minutes ago, Justin Curnow said:

I help run the u18s at Illogan, 7 or 8 of our boys regularly play for the 3rds on Saturdays and 4 have made the step up to the 1st team , with the consensus of bringing all the lads through the ranks at the right time and keeping them at the club , so pleased with the direction the club is going and once they have time the results will come , in regards to the Praze game although I wasnt there due to work commitments I believe the 1st playing away to st Dominick only took 13 players for the long trip , so 2 of the lads played albeit only about 20 mins as both took knocks, As for Jowan May scoring 2 , I can remember playing with him at u16s nearly  25 years ago at youth level , so for him to stay fit and still banging the goals in I take my hat off to him , such a great player over the years.

449AF71E-E5FD-448D-877E-0B140263547A.jpeg

This popped up the other day on Facebook. If I known you played I would have asked u to play!

6 hours ago, Scoffy said:

There are some quality players in the trelawny leagues who have been there and done it and are still doing it despite age, weight, fitness etc, better to be a has been than a never been I guess 😉

Blatantly biting to arsene but both illogan 1's and 2's had games so I imagine any players dropped down would of been fringe 👍🏻

There were 2 from the seconds who said that their team were playing shit, that’s why they dropped down to play.. someone clarify this? 👀 

5 hours ago, Justin Curnow said:

I must admit both goals were decent. First one put right into the bottom corner and and second one smashed into the roof of the net from the near post. Holding their own for sure Justin bet you’re well chuffed

1 hour ago, ArseneWanger said:

There were 2 from the seconds who said that their team were playing shit, that’s why they dropped down to play.. someone clarify this? 👀 

I must admit both goals were decent. First one put right into the bottom corner and and second one smashed into the roof of the net from the near post. Holding their own for sure Justin bet you’re well chuffed

Iam , been with that group of lads for about 9 years now and got 1 more season with them , they're a great bunch of boys ,Cant wait for season opener at ours next Sunday !!

You talk some shit jesus christ..

21 hours ago, Clubman said:

Clubman, do you know that tests took place or are you merely speculating? Having cancelled a game on September 26 as a result of an alleged outbreak at Praze FC, presumably the League Officer concerned will have ensured that contact was made with Test and Trace ? Given the extensive fines now applicable if quarantine protocols are not observed, it behoves us to take this very seriously. The good names of the League and of its sponsors are at stake, to say nothing of the potentially fatal implications of players, even if they are asymptomatic, being allowed to risk transmitting the virus to others, such as their opposition on Saturday at Illogan. 

Better ask young lad tunnicliffe k🤷‍♂️

Senior cup means you can only make 3 subs ... so taking 16 would of been a waste of time. Thats why two played for the thirds. 

Second team had a squad of 16..  this explains why Ben was with the 3rds. 

Take my hat off to the lads that was happy to help the 3rds out. 

Dont appreciate you stirring things up like you have... no need. 

Sorry Keith B 

1 hour ago, S Abbo said:

Senior cup means you can only make 3 subs ... so taking 16 would of been a waste of time. Thats why two played for the thirds. 

Sorry Keith B 

That's why it's called a Club mate. Did you break any rules? No. Did everyone get a game? Presumably. Well done all involved. 💪

Clubs like Illogan, Wendron etc have this luxury and deserve to be able to use it.

1 hour ago, S Abbo said:

Sorry Keith B 

well done to you and stu for making sure the pitch was sorted. He said you guys were down there at 8 marking it out. 

On the game illogan were 2-1 up missed a couple half chances failing to hit the target and then praze scored two quick fire goals one being a brilliant free kick from Danny Ford. After that illogan rarely threatened the praze goal but the illogan keeper playing his first mens match made a few outstanding saves. 

On 03/10/2020 at 17:39, isaac rosenberg said:

St Just 1 Constantine 0.

If you have a look at the original reply on the previous weeks post you will see full details of why the match was rightly cancelled and with 2 negative tests since, then able to play this week.

10 hours ago, minns89 said:

well done to you and stu for making sure the pitch was sorted. He said you guys were down there at 8 marking it out. 

On the game illogan were 2-1 up missed a couple half chances failing to hit the target and then praze scored two quick fire goals one being a brilliant free kick from Danny Ford. After that illogan rarely threatened the praze goal but the illogan keeper playing his first mens match made a few outstanding saves. 

Was that your keepers first game? I thought he was outstanding! Well played fella.

13 hours ago, ArseneWanger said:

Better ask young lad tunnicliffe k🤷‍♂️

To be fair. Ben Tunnicliffe said to me that he was playing shit, not the team. Hence dropping to the 3rds.. 

11 hours ago, Wildee said:

If you have a look at the original reply on the previous weeks post you will see full details of why the match was rightly cancelled and with 2 negative tests since, then able to play this week.

Was that your keepers first game? I thought he was outstanding! Well played fella.

To be fair. Ben Tunnicliffe said to me that he was playing shit, not the team. Hence dropping to the 3rds.. 

Hmmm. Pity your players' WhatsApp has an incompatible explanation. It's like the difference between Trump's doctor and his chief publicist. Good job there's no fake news in Cornwall, eh ?

58 minutes ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Hmmm. Pity your players' WhatsApp has an incompatible explanation. It's like the difference between Trump's doctor and his chief publicist. Good job there's no fake news in Cornwall, eh ?

Isaac.  Either state facts or bore off now.  I've put the facts as they are.  100% accurate.  Yeah, exactly like Trump....???🤣

1 minute ago, Wildee said:

Isaac.  Either state facts or bore off now.  I've put the facts as they are.  100% accurate.  Yeah, exactly like Trump....???🤣

And we dont have a players WhatsApp. Ohhhh

13 hours ago, Wildee said:

And we dont have a players WhatsApp. Ohhhh

Course you don't, Donald, you very stable genius. And now you are the Messiah, so you are immune to the rule of law. Hope the disinfectant injections are bigly therapeutic.

5 hours ago, isaac rosenberg said:

Course you don't, Donald, you very stable genius. And now you are the Messiah, so you are immune to the rule of law. Hope the disinfectant injections are bigly therapeutic.

Seriously, have I missed something, or have you been drinking?