Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 3 OCTOBER 2020

12 hours ago, Pedro said:

Dobwalls 3 Falmouth 1

I made a rare visit to Lantoom Park and I was rewarded with an entertaining afternoon.

I stood in the enclosure behind the goal to keep out of the rain with a number of the F Troop.

Falmouth came out of the blocks the faster and put the hosts under pressure and they were rewarded when they took the lead which gave their supporters the excuse to start chanting you are a village club with no support which I thought was disrespectful to the hosts.

It came back to bite them as the home team upped their game and drew level with a well taken goal by Kelvin Fineboys?

The hosts took the lead before the break when a cross into the box drifted in at the far post to elude the keeper who had no chance.

Falmouth started the 2nd half well and a couple of fine saves from the Dobwalls keeper kept them at bay.

Dobwalls stretched their lead when a pinpoint pass found Fineboys on the edge of the box, he ran through the defence and rounded the keeper to fire home.

They could have gone further ahead when a fierce shot from 30 yards cannoned back off the woodwork.

Despite the weather both sides played decent football and the village club can be proud of the way they they handled the Peninsula league big boys.

For a club who has had to rebuild after the devastating fire last season they need congratulating on the progress that they have made on and off the pitch.

My kids and I were stood in the shed end with the F Troop contingent.

We were however fully adorned in our Dobwalls accoutrements...

I have to give full respect to the troop for the respectful nature they treated me and my kids. If the language got fruity, a few of the troop would apologise and pass the message along that the kids were there and to calm it... in fairness my 2 have probably heard worse at home 😂😂 and we weren't bothered, none the less much respect for that.

When the guy with the drum started going he gave me fair warning for the kids so they could put their fingers in their ears, same with the airhorns. The music from the Troops PA system added some entertainment, although thankfully the battery failed half way through the 2nd half.

The banter and the conversation was great. I told my 6yo daughter this is how football should be. 

When my kids got home they were buzzing, not only at the win, but by the atmosphere generated by the away fans.

A hearty BZ to the F Troop and long may it continue...

CC

11 hours ago, CornishCanary said:

My kids and I were stood in the shed end with the F Troop contingent.

We were however fully adorned in our Dobwalls accoutrements...

I have to give full respect to the troop for the respectful nature they treated me and my kids. If the language got fruity, a few of the troop would apologise and pass the message along that the kids were there and to calm it... in fairness my 2 have probably heard worse at home 😂😂 and we weren't bothered, none the less much respect for that.

When the guy with the drum started going he gave me fair warning for the kids so they could put their fingers in their ears, same with the airhorns. The music from the Troops PA system added some entertainment, although thankfully the battery failed half way through the 2nd half.

The banter and the conversation was great. I told my 6yo daughter this is how football should be. 

When my kids got home they were buzzing, not only at the win, but by the atmosphere generated by the away fans.

A hearty BZ to the F Troop and long may it continue...

CC

CC,

I remember you and your two little ones. So glad you all had a great time. We tried to tone it down a bit but apart from the odd chant we don't actually swear to much. And to hear they were buzzing when they got home is marvelous. That was my brother Donald on the drum, he buggered off to the far end for the 2nd half and gave us all a break ha ha ha . A number of us decided to stay under the roof for the 2nd half with rain expected.

Remember when Dobwalls scored their 3rd goal, their players really ripped into us, loved it :) . But when the final whistle blew and victory was theirs they actually came over and clapped us, we clapped them, that's how it should be. 

Although Town enjoyed the lions share of possession it was Dobwalls that looked more of a goal threat with their quick forwards and powerful runners in midfield. Well done to them on a fully deserved victory, i got a feeling that we won't be the only big scalp they take at their ground this season. A very good side.

Oh by the way CC, ive invested in new batteries for the boom box after they failed on Saturday he he. Poor preparation by me tut tut.

Have a good season and hopefully see you at Bickland Park for the return game. 

Jeff. UTT  

With so much bad press these day the Dobwalls v Falmouth posts made for great reading. Like the good old days. Well done to both clubs including their supporters! 😁🏐😁🏐

• 2 weeks later...

hi cornishcanary , what a lovely statement from you , this is what F-Troop are all about , going to football to support your club , having some good hearted banter with the opposition , bit of music and sing song and hopefully a win and to have fun and bring a bit of excitement to the game , we as F-Troop would like you to be guests of honour at our FA Vase game on the 31st of october , hopefully you will accept and stand with us at the Packet End , look forward to seeing you and your family