Launceston      4-1   Wendron United

Mousehole      2-1   Bodmin Town

St Austell      2-1   Callington Town

St Dennis      2-2   Helston Athletic

Sticker    0-2   Liskeard Athletic

Wadebridge Town   0-0   Porthleven

FA Cup, 2nd Qualifying Round

Saltash United       1-3     Sholing 

We were going to go to Sticker to see the Liskeard team that have done so well this season,
However if this gale keeps up the game will be a bit of a  lottery as Burngullow Park is a windy place at the best of times.
If we get the wind up Snozzel it will be.

2 hours ago, mattelot said:

probably big bad Barry wyatt as the ilfracombe keeper is the latest to turn down a big money move .

13 hours ago, bigbadbarry said:

Who will helston have in goal tomorrow??

What has happened to the usual Goalie Robertson?

is he injured

56 minutes ago, silly billy said:

I think he may of developed a leak.....

Watched Helston v Falmouth mid-week, and again on video, and thought Falmouth GK was dispointting and at fault for two of Helston goals, which ultimately cost visitors the match. Listening to number of F-Troop whilst leaving the ground, they also seem to have similar opinion. 

With high number of goals in league at present, suggests many teams have leaking defences and goalkeepers. All good the game I guess

Well back from watching a hammering dished out to the G  by a brilliant display from a brilliant St Blazey team im thinking they could go on to win the league ,i saw them play last week and they where very good they turned up today with severel  different players than last week ,and when they went 1-0 up after about 10 secondsfrom  Eliot Rendle you thought its going a long 90minutes  for the G and it was .St Blazey where brilliant and had 2 hat tricks in Jake Miller and Jack Tribble and they won 7-0 an dJack ALEXANDER didnt score but he had a briliant game .Dont know where the G will get there win from i thought they where really poor today an dif it wasnt for Ethan in the G goal i reckon Blazey could of had 15 . I had Blazey down to win 8-0 but changed it to 6 and they win 7-0 .My MOM TO BLAZEY NO 1O JACK TRIBBLE AN DFOR THE G ETHAN FERN for keeping the score at only 7 .Well done Blazey you played some great football an dto the G must do better hopefully the win will come but at the moment cant see where from .Thought the ref was excellent played the advantage really well .Good to see Paul and the other Blazey supporters there pity couldnt of given your team a harder game

24 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Well back from watching a hammering dished out to the G  by a brilliant display from a brilliant St Blazey team im thinking they could go on to win the league ,i saw them play last week and they where very good they turned up today with severel  different players than last week ,and when they went 1-0 up after about 10 secondsfrom  Eliot Rendle you thought its going a long 90minutes  for the G and it was .St Blazey where brilliant and had 2 hat tricks in Jake Miller and Jack Tribble and they won 7-0 an dJack ALEXANDER didnt score but he had a briliant game .Dont know where the G will get there win from i thought they where really poor today an dif it wasnt for Ethan in the G goal i reckon Blazey could of had 15 . I had Blazey down to win 8-0 but changed it to 6 and they win 7-0 .My MOM TO BLAZEY NO 1O JACK TRIBBLE AN DFOR THE G ETHAN FERN for keeping the score at only 7 .Well done Blazey you played some great football an dto the G must do better hopefully the win will come but at the moment cant see where from .Thought the ref was excellent played the advantage really well .Good to see Paul and the other Blazey supporters there pity couldnt of given your team a harder game

😂😂

League winners.... Just think they beat a Duchy outfit to be honest 100%Cornish, I know they are your team but between them & Penzance they are dreadful. 

Blazey with what they are spending should be there, but won't be. Wait & see. 

1 minute ago, Maler10 said:

All the cash without a clue how to manage 🤣🤣🤣🤣 

😂😂😂😂

16 minutes ago, leedsunited said:

😂😂

League winners.... Just think they beat a Duchy outfit to be honest 100%Cornish, I know they are your team but between them & Penzance they are dreadful. 

Blazey with what they are spending should be there, but won't be. Wait & see. 

😂😂😂😂

How did Bodmin get on Leeds with all the money they are spending on players? 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 3 OCTOBER 2020
1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

It was nice to meet you this afternoon Cornish. You picked the best spot in the ground to watch from, barely a gust of wind in that spot!

St Blazey played some great football today. If not for the Godolphin goalkeeper (who kept out Alexander for four one-on-ones) and some bizarre offside flags (the worst example being Alexander ruled offside from his own pass!), it could have been five or six more. Sam Cooper and Dan Bell both hit the post, as did Alexander from an apparent offside position. The goalkeeper saved well from a deflected Bell shot and Lewis Phillips blazed one over the bar unmarked. Alexander put in a great cross that was almost headed in by Bell from about a foot out but was slightly too high. Jake Miller almost scored directly from a corner kick. Slightly more composure in front of goal and this would have been double figures.

Some fine Blazey performances. Alexander and Miller stood out for me today in particular, as did the Godolphin goalkeeper, a true gentleman between the sticks.

3 hours ago, Keith B said:

Well back from watching a hammering dished out to the G  by a brilliant display from a brilliant St Blazey team im thinking they could go on to win the league ,i saw them play last week and they where very good they turned up today with severel  different players than last week ,and when they went 1-0 up after about 10 secondsfrom  Eliot Rendle you thought its going a long 90minutes  for the G and it was .St Blazey where brilliant and had 2 hat tricks in Jake Miller and Jack Tribble and they won 7-0 an dJack ALEXANDER didnt score but he had a briliant game .Dont know where the G will get there win from i thought they where really poor today an dif it wasnt for Ethan in the G goal i reckon Blazey could of had 15 . I had Blazey down to win 8-0 but changed it to 6 and they win 7-0 .My MOM TO BLAZEY NO 1O JACK TRIBBLE AN DFOR THE G ETHAN FERN for keeping the score at only 7 .Well done Blazey you played some great football an dto the G must do better hopefully the win will come but at the moment cant see where from .Thought the ref was excellent played the advantage really well .Good to see Paul and the other Blazey supporters there pity couldnt of given your team a harder game

may be they will change there team every week depending on who takes the cash hope they have a poor season

Watched Saltash go out of the cup in a great no holds barred typical cup tie.  Losing the ball in midfield which led to the visitors getting their second goal was the killer. How all they had for their second half efforts was a penalty was scant reward for a team desperate to stay in the cup. Great set up, well controlled track and trace and a good sized crowd.  My only concern was the amount of abuse the linesman on the club house side got by a few drunken morons,  What gives them the right to shout abuse at a guy who was just doing his job is beyond me.  Great performance in a great cup tie.     Well done Saltash 

Even taking in to account games in hand that the fancied teams ( Helston, St Austell, St Blazey, Bodmin, and Newquay have all been mentioned on the forum ) the top of the S.W.P.L. Premier league has an unexpected, some would even say an unlikely look at present.
There's a long way to go yet, but some of the lads from the so called lower echelons of Cornish football are doing us proud and displaying the benefits that TEAM spirit can bring over fat brown envelopes, and no club loyalty.
It will be very interesting to see where the present top four end up at the end of what we hope will be a full season!

Something must be wrong at Helston i heard they where struggling for a goalie 2 hrs before kick off and they ended up with Ryan Holland in goal , and Mark Goldsworthy ony sub and Liam Eddy playing in the 2nd team .Think something is wrong at thatclub and they are my favs for the league not without a decent goalie they wont be .It would be lovely to see a little team no disrect to Dobwalls or Camelford but it would be great to see a team like that win the league and not the big money clubs Like your Bodmins ,Helston ,Mousehole ok and St Blazey .I willbe just happy if my side teh G stay up imsure they will with a  good manager and nice bloke like Andy Savage in charge

12 hours ago, ECPL said:

Watched Saltash go out of the cup in a great no holds barred typical cup tie.  Losing the ball in midfield which led to the visitors getting their second goal was the killer. How all they had for their second half efforts was a penalty was scant reward for a team desperate to stay in the cup. Great set up, well controlled track and trace and a good sized crowd.  My only concern was the amount of abuse the linesman on the club house side got by a few drunken morons,  What gives them the right to shout abuse at a guy who was just doing his job is beyond me.  Great performance in a great cup tie.     Well done Saltash 

I stupidly shouted at the linesman at one point and will learn from that. mistakes moment etc regret. Just doing job like you said. Doubt he reads this but apologies. Maybe not call people drunken morons without knowing what people are thinking or actually like. This cup has been special and the possible pen was pretty much in front of anyone in that corner. 3-2 could have made it a grandstand finish saying that the defence was top class and like you say lines with shouting etc and I probably crossed them. Apologies.

Big game feel throughout, Sholing played well. Early goal and right before half time were the turning points really same way as Camelford other night were 2-0 down and why Saltash could see out the remainder goals on break, they got theirs straight away to make it 3-1.

15 hours ago, mattelot said:

Yep ! Scored 2 on his debut for Bideford today .

Blow for Bodmin, Darren Gilbert talked in the summer about how big a signing it was to get Adam Carter back. Losing Max Gilbert to league rivals Mousehole also can't have gone down well..

With Stuart Bowker coming in, how many signings is that for them in the past few weeks? Seems to be going the road of the last couple of seasons at Priory Park in that the squad is turning into a bit of a revolving door.

43 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Blow for Bodmin, Darren Gilbert talked in the summer about how big a signing it was to get Adam Carter back. Losing Max Gilbert to league rivals Mousehole also can't have gone down well..

With Stuart Bowker coming in, how many signings is that for them in the past few weeks? Seems to be going the road of the last couple of seasons at Priory Park in that the squad is turning into a bit of a revolving door.

I see jordan Annear has returned to Tavistock as well .

38 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Jordan Annear is another player who doesn't appear to settle. Obviously got ambitions to play higher, but seemed to find his form at Tavi under Stuart Henderson in the second half of last season. 

I think there a lot better strikers around even in the peninsula then him. Seems to keep trying to play at standards bit to much above maybe 2 or 3 seasons at 1 club would be better 

as for adam carter I thought he left parkway as traveling was an issue. So seems odd to now find him self at Bideford 

Edited by sportsman10
Update

1 hour ago, Way Of The Park said:

To be fair , watched Bodmin down St Blazey last week and carter didn’t look interested 

4 hours ago, hills19 said:

I stupidly shouted at the linesman at one point and will learn from that. mistakes moment etc regret. Just doing job like you said. Doubt he reads this but apologies. Maybe not call people drunken morons without knowing what people are thinking or actually like. This cup has been special and the possible pen was pretty much in front of anyone in that corner. 3-2 could have made it a grandstand finish saying that the defence was top class and like you say lines with shouting etc and I probably crossed them. Apologies.

Big game feel throughout, Sholing played well. Early goal and right before half time were the turning points really same way as Camelford other night were 2-0 down and why Saltash could see out the remainder goals on break, they got theirs straight away to make it 3-1.

Agree with that, you couldn't fault the Ashes lads for effort and team spirit yesterday despite the result. What's especially pleasing is the squad changes from Mousehole game didnt destroy the Ashes at all (shame Callum Martindale was Cup tied) but the overall effort after that Mousehole and hard game versus Camelford mid week couldn't be faulted. 

Sholing could have been there for the taking but imho they were the best of the 3 Southern League teams we played. No regrets, onwards to Bodmin on Wednesday...

6 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Something must be wrong at Helston i heard they where struggling for a goalie 2 hrs before kick off and they ended up with Ryan Holland in goal , and Mark Goldsworthy ony sub and Liam Eddy playing in the 2nd team .Think something is wrong at thatclub and they are my favs for the league not without a decent goalie they wont be .It would be lovely to see a little team no disrect to Dobwalls or Camelford but it would be great to see a team like that win the league and not the big money clubs Like your Bodmins ,Helston ,Mousehole ok and St Blazey .I willbe just happy if my side teh G stay up imsure they will with a  good manager and nice bloke like Andy Savage in charge

Make your mind up Steve ! You said st Blazey yesterday for the league !! Lol 

Saltash next week then !!

Wheres all the match reports? Nothing on St Dennis earning a great point against Helston for example. Nothing on Pz almost holding Camelford and the F Troop have certainly disappeared. Q troop for quiet!! Dobwalls deserve a write up from someone.

On 03/10/2020 at 17:31, 100%cornish said:

Same squad 100%cornish. Perryman unavailable due to work commitments. Couple other changes to give a run out to a couple players who havnt played so much. Rendle back after missing the Bodmin game. 

I will still stick with Helston for league Rocky but love to see 1 of the small teams win it ,The G to win it all the other teams get kicked out ofthe league for fielding unregistered players and the G win the league ican dream cant i . No games locallynext weekend to watch so i will be going to Sticker or St BLAZEY ,Blazey i expect like the club and people there and it shoud be a good game

39 minutes ago, Paul said:

Wheres all the match reports? Nothing on St Dennis earning a great point against Helston for example. Nothing on Pz almost holding Camelford and the F Troop have certainly disappeared. Q troop for quiet!! Dobwalls deserve a write up from someone.

Totally agree.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

Sorry Paul. When Dobwalls scored the 3rd goal we all went looking for the plug to darken the floodlights. You know the old game lol

9 hours ago, Paul said:

Paul - unfortunately I was in Bristol on Saturday so couldn’t do a report on the Camels v Penzance game. I know Gus scored the two for Camels - one each half and the Penzance scored just before half time. I also know that Reg changed the team around a bit and the weather was appalling - but I don’t want to be disingenuous to Penzance who have hopefully turned a corner and will start getting some decent scores and points.  

Dobwalls 3 Falmouth 1

I made a rare visit to Lantoom Park and I was rewarded with an entertaining afternoon.

I stood in the enclosure behind the goal to keep out of the rain with a number of the F Troop.

Falmouth came out of the blocks the faster and put the hosts under pressure and they were rewarded when they took the lead which gave their supporters the excuse to start chanting you are a village club with no support which I thought was disrespectful to the hosts.

It came back to bite them as the home team upped their game and drew level with a well taken goal by Kelvin Fineboys?

The hosts took the lead before the break when a cross into the box drifted in at the far post to elude the keeper who had no chance.

Falmouth started the 2nd half well and a couple of fine saves from the Dobwalls keeper kept them at bay.

Dobwalls stretched their lead when a pinpoint pass found Fineboys on the edge of the box, he ran through the defence and rounded the keeper to fire home.

They could have gone further ahead when a fierce shot from 30 yards cannoned back off the woodwork.

Despite the weather both sides played decent football and the village club can be proud of the way they they handled the Peninsula league big boys.

For a club who has had to rebuild after the devastating fire last season they need congratulating on the progress that they have made on and off the pitch.