Cornwall Football Forum

Throgmorton Cup predictions

Ahhhh, the infamous Stig . . . .

Was talking to someone the other day who was on about your favourite meal being the Irish Mixed Grill . . . . . . . . . . jacket potato, mashed potato, bolied potato, fried potato and chips :yahoo::smiley20:

Was at Launceston last night, was pitch inspecting at Truro City last Tuesday, have done the Throgmorton Cup Third Round draw at Foxhole Stars in October on Radio Rugby, have done the Throgmorton Cup Quarter~Final draw at St.Blazey in December on Radio Rugby, watched Charity Shield at Saltash United on 05/08, watched Saltash United at home on 11/08, watched Torpoint Athletic home on 14/08, watched Falmouth Town at home on 21/08, watched Liskeard Athletic home on 25/08, watched Saltash United at home on 11/09, watched St.Blazey at home on 15/09, watched Bodmin Town at home on 19/09, watched Millbrook at home on 26/09, watched Pothleven at home on 03/10, watched Saltash United at home on 09/10, watched Penzance at home in the Throgmorton Cup on a Friday night against St.Blazey on 19/10 (ref was very dodgey and looked a tad overweight :SM_carton_y: ), watched Foxhole Stars at home on 20/10, watched Wadebridge at home on 23/10, watched Launceston at home on 06/11, watched Liskeard Athletic at home on 13/11, watched Falmouth Town at home on 17/11, watched Hayle at home on 08/12 (when that was the only SWPL game on !!), watched Launceston at home on 11/12, watched Torpoint Athletic at home on 15/12, watched St.Blazey at home on 29/12, at St.Blazey tonight to do the Semi~Final draw . . . .

Will watch game 72 in the SWPL/TC tonight and as you can see quite a few in Cornwall dear bhoy !!!

Never a problem coming to the Duchy, second home to me and my wife, Phillip :c:. Always a warm welcome from the likes of Mike Odgers etc and one day we hope to spot the very elusive Chairman of St.Blazey at a game, we hope tonight, but who knows.

Eddie, on a serious note we think the league has been a success, especially in Cornwall, we have been very transparent in everything we have done including doing the Cup draws on Daves saturday night show and it has been great to see the new clubs that have come up into Division One West make a success of things.

Look foward to watching you get out the centre circle one day, Penzance was a a mere stroll in the park that night.

Regards,

Mark.

Mark Hayman

(Director)

insureTQ Ltd

17 Nelson Place, Newton Abbot, TQ12 2JH

Tel: 01626 ~ 363376

Fax: 01626 ~ 363376

Mobile: 07855 ~ 954092

insureTQ Ltd is an appointed representative of TEn Insurance Services Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority

The content of this e-mail is private & confidential and remains the property of insureTQ Ltd unless expressed otherwise. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender immediately and do not use, disclose or distribute the content in whole or part.

and yes Stig, far, far, far too much time on my hands today, will get to sound like ECPL soon !!!

Regards,

Mark.

Mark Hayman

(Director)

insureTQ Ltd

insureTQ Ltd is an appointed representative of TEn Insurance Services Ltd which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority

The content of this e-mail is private & confidential and remains the property of insureTQ Ltd unless expressed otherwise. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender immediately and do not use, disclose or distribute the content in whole or part.

Eddie,

When you say WE need twenty teams in the Premier, who exactly is WE ?

Regards,

Mark.

Mark Hayman

(Director)

insureTQ Ltd

"Never a problem coming to the Duchy, second home to me and my wife, Phillip . Always a warm welcome from the likes of Mike Odgers etc and one day we hope to spot the very elusive Chairman of St.Blazey at a game, we hope tonight, but who knows."

Well Mark, had there not been a bereavement in my Family I may well have been.

By the way, I am answerable to my Committee and Club Members before you and like me, they would not expect to find comments such as yours on this or any other website forum.

I commend you on the quiet,unobtrusive way you get about.

Chairman, all comments said in good jest and should be taken that way.

IT WOULD be nice to meet up one day over a pint in your excellent clubhouse.

Yours in sport,

Mark Hayman

Stig, you talk a lot of good sense. I cannot blame Porthleven taking a somewhat cautious view about promotion.

From our experience, we see a lack of spectator interest in the Devon Clubs, both at home and travelling.

Without a thorough scrutiny I also feel that increased Officials' costs are eating into dwindling Gate receipts.

Anything that could reduce these imposed costs would be welcome.

Guest Postie Pidge

In Falmouth's Western League days, officials would quite often come from Plymouth, Exeter, Barnstaple, Westward Ho! and other places up the line and even in the SWL local derby in 85/86 between Falmouth and Penryn, the referee was from Torbay yet looking at where Truro's officials are from the majority are from Cornwall.