Plymouth Marjon     0-3  IlfracombeTown

Torpoint Athletic          2-3       Dartmouth

Torrington                    2-2       Honiton Town

WEST DIVISION

Godolphin Atlantic       2-3       Sticker

St Austell                      2-0       Newquay

Wadebridge Town        4-3       St Dennis

St Austell 2-0 Newquay

A game of men against boys and the boys totally outplayed the men. I know Newquay were missing some key players but their midfield couldn’t / weren’t allowed to put two passes together - very poor. St Austell were too quick and played good passing football - scored a goal in each half and had three cleared off the line. 
I had tipped Newquay for a top 3/4 finish - but not on tonight’s performance. 
Well done St Austell. 
Att was 193 and the ref was his usual self. 

5 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

St Austell 2-0 Newquay

A game of men against boys and the boys totally outplayed the men. I know Newquay were missing some key players but their midfield couldn’t / weren’t allowed to put two passes together - very poor. St Austell were too quick and played good passing football - scored a goal in each half and had three cleared off the line. 
I had tipped Newquay for a top 3/4 finish - but not on tonight’s performance. 
Well done St Austell. 
Att was 193 and the ref was his usual self. 

Funny name for a ref Bob! 😁

Left 10mins from the end of the G vs Sticker match the G started so well and where playing really well an dwent 1-0 up through Issac Varga but Sticker equalised and itsthe same old story  there confidence seems to go and Sticker score twice more ,but i see the G LOST 3-2 In the end they missed a sitter when it looked easier to score than miss . I dont usually criticise players but the No 9i havnt seen play before wouldnt score in a brothel ,there was Ben Colqhoun sitting on his ass as a sub again instead of starting he always looks good when he plays .I was dissapointed  with the Gs performance tonight but i will give my mom to Harry Pawsey there No11 but i thought there young goalie played with Confidence i have never seen a goalie play wearin glasses before but i thought the young lad played well . The G gota nice easy game this Saturday when St Blazey stroll into town i think the G goalie Ethan will have a very sore back by 4.45pm Saturday night

23 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Left 10mins from the end of the G vs Sticker match the G started so well and where playing really well an dwent 1-0 up through Issac Varga but Sticker equalised and itsthe same old story  there confidence seems to go and Sticker score twice more ,but i see the G LOST 3-2 In the end they missed a sitter when it looked easier to score than miss . I dont usually criticise players but the No 9i havnt seen play before wouldnt score in a brothel ,there was Ben Colqhoun sitting on his ass as a sub again instead of starting he always looks good when he plays .I was dissapointed  with the Gs performance tonight but i will give my mom to Harry Pawsey there No11 but i thought there young goalie played with Confidence i have never seen a goalie play wearin glasses before but i thought the young lad played well . The G gota nice easy game this Saturday when St Blazey stroll into town i think the G goalie Ethan will have a very sore back by 4.45pm Saturday night

Thought sticker was the better side and deserved the win and as you said they need to defend a lot better as will come up against a lot better strikers than tonight. 

Always nice to get a midweek game in and enjoy my visits to the G

St austell 2 Newquay 0

Excellent performance from town they controlled the game and looked comfortable all evening. Could and maybe should have added to the goals tonight, sound defensively 2 cleen sheets in a row will make sparks a happy man 

Newquay look poor, apparently they had a couple players out tonight but they offered nothing all evening can't remember Chapman making more than one save in the game

Very poorly officiated tonight had no control all evening 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Tuesday September 29 2020

Newquay apparently had 5 key players out? As well as two more players injured at half time. However this was an awful display from what I thought would be a top 3/4 team, midfield sloppy and upfront offered nothing apart from 2 early chances that should’ve been scored. Town worked harder and eased the game especially after the sending off. Agreed the officials yet again extremely poor, didn’t have a clue about football probably never played at a half decent level

8 hours ago, Cornishfan74 said:

Newquay apparently had 5 key players out? As well as two more players injured at half time. However this was an awful display from what I thought would be a top 3/4 team, midfield sloppy and upfront offered nothing apart from 2 early chances that should’ve been scored. Town worked harder and eased the game especially after the sending off. Agreed the officials yet again extremely poor, didn’t have a clue about football probably never played at a half decent level

Wonder how many of the players have refereed at a decent level?

54 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Might it have been to get a few more minutes game time. Only played for half an hour on Saturday and he’s been sub for Parkway a couple of other games hasn’t he?  I know it’s a risk but without being match fit, he could start tonight and pull up after two minutes! It’s a risk to take I guess.

Not really I think he pretty much played most of the games either starting or coming on and he played more then the othe 3 strikers and is parkways top scorer. Just seek odd to let him play unless he unavailable tonight 

12 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Not really I think he pretty much played most of the games either starting or coming on and he played more then the othe 3 strikers and is parkways top scorer. Just seek odd to let him play unless he unavailable tonight 

The whole use of cover players, and bringing cover players in when necessary has always been a mystery to me. Know this is on the wrong section of the forum, but cannot understand why a club of Parkway's resources and ambitions doesn't have a reserve/development side. 

2 hours ago, Darin Morse said:

Wonder how many of the players have refereed at a decent level?

True but at least they’d understand the game...I’m all support for refs as without them we’d have no game, however they do get payed so should produce a fairly decent performance, some of the decisions you see are ridiculous and cost teams games or players money in fines as well the some officials having massive egos. If a player has a poor performance they either don’t play again or don’t get pay and a manager may get the sack whereas officials can be poor every week and nothing happens. But again there are some very good officials in the leagues but also some that are awful. 

10 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

The whole use of cover players, and bringing cover players in when necessary has always been a mystery to me. Know this is on the wrong section of the forum, but cannot understand why a club of Parkway's resources and ambitions doesn't have a reserve/development side. 

I agree look at saltash a club that has reserves and youth teams so players can progress and they can use when players are needed. 

Parkway use to have quite a successful reserve  team not so long a go not sure what happen I think there was some falling out. 

13 minutes ago, Cornishfan74 said:

True but at least they’d understand the game...I’m all support for refs as without them we’d have no game, however they do get payed so should produce a fairly decent performance, some of the decisions you see are ridiculous and cost teams games or players money in fines as well the some officials having massive egos. If a player has a poor performance they either don’t play again or don’t get pay and a manager may get the sack whereas officials can be poor every week and nothing happens. But again there are some very good officials in the leagues but also some that are awful. 

Problem is no one wants to be a referee anymore . No new refs coming through they get dogs abuse from players and managers most weeks who want to do it.  so unless you wants countless games cancelled etc due to lack of officials

you need to put up with the bad ones now and again 

4 hours ago, quiksilver said:

Ryan Richards playing for torpoint last night seems strange as parkway have a game away tonight?

Has he left parkway as it seems a bit early in the season the bring ringers in? 

Ryan Richards signed for us in close season I believe, so not a last minute ringer. As it happens I heard last night that couple of Torpoint players might be on the Bench for Parkway tonight.

26 minutes ago, The Torpoint Massive said:

Ryan Richards signed for us in close season I believe, so not a last minute ringer. As it happens I heard last night that couple of Torpoint players might be on the Bench for Parkway tonight.

To be fair parkway had the fitness coach and assistant manager on the bench Saturday so maybe struggling player wise at min 

2 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

I agree look at saltash a club that has reserves and youth teams so players can progress and they can use when players are needed. 

Parkway use to have quite a successful reserve  team not so long a go not sure what happen I think there was some falling out. 

Problem is no one wants to be a referee anymore . No new refs coming through they get dogs abuse from players and managers most weeks who want to do it.  so unless you wants countless games cancelled etc due to lack of officials

you need to put up with the bad ones now and again 

Open season on referee's again already!

Pathetic and sad to me, but then I suppose all of the posters will bite the bullet and take up refereeing to show us all how it should be done. 

Will probably end up refereeing in the premiership- OH! - they're no good either! 

23 hours ago, The Torpoint Massive said:

All signed for each other ain’t they ?? Good connection between to 2 clubs bit strange but each to there own and didn’t work tho still ended up losing the game . Who ever the dropped to accommodate him must be a little bemused . I tipped torpoint for the title but watched them twice now and can see some flaws. To inconsistent beat anyone on there day but don’t turn up enough . I’m going for millbrook not world beaters but very organised been together for years , and the ginger lad is quality scores and creates a lot for them . Didn’t watch the elburton game but did watch the previous couple at home and there were fantastic. Small budget probs not even paying a third of why torpoint are and they are bossing it. As for parkway very strange to let there top strikers play the day before a game unless he wasn’t starting and new before hand .