West Cornwall                   v              Tregony

Constantine                       v              Carharrack

St Just                                   v              St Ives Town Reserves

Probus                                  v              Chacewater

Dropship                              v              St Day 3rds

Rosudgeon Reserves      v              Storm

Mullion Reserves             v              Lanner

Four Lanes                          v              Mawnan

*** As Foxhole have folded I'm assuming this fixture will be a bye for Saltash Utd 3rds

• 4 weeks later...

St Erme - 1 Newlyn Non Athletico- 3

St Erme bow out sadly after more than matching the Trelawny Prem side throughout the game.

St Erme unlucky not to be at least a couple ahead as I had one chalked off for a debatable offside and also had one cleared off the line.

Lots of other chances came and went,  but sadly for St Erme and with the game heading to extra time we conceded two scruffy goals in the last 5 mins much to our frustration.

Congratulations to Newlyn who go through to the next round.

Freddy Channel with the Saints goal who came on at half time and scored with his 1st touch. 

Praze 1-3 Threemilestone

We weren’t really at the races today, a few good movements in play saw us create as few opportunities, but never really tested the TMS keeper.

The away side went 1-0 after a potentially dubious offside where both keeper and defenders stopped and the ball was rebounded to the striker for an easy finish. The stones went further ahead withe a well driven bottom corner finish, and from there was an uphill task. A few good saves from Adam Rosevear and a few vital blocks from Kieran O’Connor (both receiving MOTM for their efforts today) ensured the score remained the same.

Praze pulled a goal back with Rosie playing a long field ball from his box, over the away back 4’s head for Ash Bingham to loop it over the oncoming keeper.

The game was effectively done as TMS made it 3, Callum Sidwell running through to easily slot home the wrong footed keeper.

All in all the score line maybe a bit flattering, the canaries holding their own and putting up a good fight, but unfortunately no match for the deserved winners on the day.

Congratulations to Threemilestone AFC on the victory and wish them the best in the next round. (Thanks for stopping by for a pint and fish and chips)

Kiss the canary 🔰

3 minutes ago, Mama Sidibe said:

Praze 1-3 TMS

Snape, Salty and Sidwell with the goals for the visitors.

The home keeper was very good as was the referee.

Thank you for the kind words about the keeper.

Referee was decent, kept control of the game even though the rain chucked it down!

3 hours ago, jolzy10 said:

St Erme - 1 Newlyn Non Athletico- 3

St Erme bow out sadly after more than matching the Trelawny Prem side throughout the game.

St Erme unlucky not to be at least a couple ahead as I had one chalked off for a debatable offside and also had one cleared off the line.

You’re right, you were always in the game. Well matched, and had the better chances in the 1st half I thought. For the “debatable” offside goal, I put the flag up as soon as the free kick was taken, as the guy who lost the first header was offside from the kick. But it’s still offside. The ref just didn’t see the flag for about 10/12 seconds, by which time, nobody probably knew who was offside as you all kept playing.

Newlyn had to work for that win, and given the conditions, it wasn’t a bad game at all.

15 minutes ago, ArseneWanger said:

Praze 1-3 Threemilestone

We weren’t really at the races today, a few good movements in play saw us create as few opportunities, but never really tested the TMS keeper.

The away side went 1-0 after a potentially dubious offside where both keeper and defenders stopped and the ball was rebounded to the striker for an easy finish. The stones went further ahead withe a well driven bottom corner finish, and from there was an uphill task. A few good saves from Adam Rosevear and a few vital blocks from Kieran O’Connor (both receiving MOTM for their efforts today) ensured the score remained the same.

Praze pulled a goal back with Rosie playing a long field ball from his box, over the away back 4’s head for Ash Bingham to loop it over the oncoming keeper.

The game was effectively done as TMS made it 3, Callum Sidwell running through to easily slot home the wrong footed keeper.

All in all the score line maybe a bit flattering, the canaries holding their own and putting up a good fight, but unfortunately no match for the deserved winners on the day.

Congratulations to Threemilestone AFC on the victory and wish them the best in the next round. (Thanks for stopping by for a pint and fish and chips)

Kiss the canary 🔰

Thank you for the kind words about the keeper.

Referee was decent, kept control of the game even though the rain chucked it down!

Forgot to mention the food - compliments to the chef 🤤

9 minutes ago, Mama Sidibe said:

Forgot to mention the food - compliments to the chef 🤤

Joined forces with the chippy! Great food.

Was great to see some of the old tms boys, as a former player and started out at the club at 16, always holds a memory to my heart.

Players such as jaymo, shabba, goody have been with the club for years, was great to play against and not alongside. 

All the best to TMS for the rest of the season

Probus 5 (Liam Paddock 3, Lewis Hawkins, Ben Daniel)

Junior Cup

We knew that we would be in for a tough game against a team top of their league and seeming flying at the moment, whilst we have had a poor few weeks. Our manager seems to be trying to find my best position (which is probably as a non playing sub!), so I was back in midfield today. The pitch was wet at the start and the constant rain made it difficult for defences today, but good for quick attacking football.
We started well and took the lead when a Joe Emmett free-kick was fumbled by the away keeper and a Liam Paddock headed in from close range. We went further ahead when I headed against the post (from about 3 yards!) and the keeper pushed the rebound out but Lewis Hawkins smashed a great effort into the net. Chacewater got back in it with a good move and a low finish into the bottom corner by their midfielder. We responded well and got our 2 goal cushion back shortly after, when Luke ’s cross was finished at the back post by Ben Daniel. 3-1 at halftime.

We knew the next goal would be crucial and after weathering a good start by Chacewater thankfully we got if through Liam Paddock and he increased our lead not long after with another good finish, to make it 5-1. I thought Liam was outstanding today and he gave the away back four a difficult job throughout. We then sat back and we were happy to allow the away team to have more possession and they pulled a goal back, but they didn’t create too much else as our whole team defended well. We had a player sin binned in the last 10 minutes. They did get a penalty with 5 minutes to go when our keeper, Nathan Chapman, fouled the Chacewater forward, however he produced a fantastic save from the forwards driven penalty. Final score was 5-2.

Overall we were delighted to get a win against a very good team. Our whole team worked hard from the first minute to the last and this was a much better performance than any over the last 3 weeks. Every player in the squad put in a shift and I felt we thoroughly deserved our win. It was enjoyable game knowing that everyone gave 100% throughout and it shows what we can achieve when we stick together.

Thank you to the referee, Tim Hyslop, who had a good game and let the game flow as much as he could in difficult conditions for both teams. Good luck to Chacewater for the rest of the season. It was nice to see my old adversary, Jon Row, today and it was even better to see him not battling it out in midfield with me like we have several times before!

Stithians away next week.

1 hour ago, Mangle said:

You’re right, you were always in the game. Well matched, and had the better chances in the 1st half I thought. For the “debatable” offside goal, I put the flag up as soon as the free kick was taken, as the guy who lost the first header was offside from the kick. But it’s still offside. The ref just didn’t see the flag for about 10/12 seconds, by which time, nobody probably knew who was offside as you all kept playing.

Newlyn had to work for that win, and given the conditions, it wasn’t a bad game at all.

Fair one on the offside, I wasn’t aware it was for the header, I was pretty sure I wasn’t when following in on the rebound.

Good luck in the next round.

2 hours ago, Mangle said:

Not sure  anyone can be offside  as soon as the ball is kicked Mangle, have to touch the ball at the very least  i would have thought first . I'm sure   someone  will be happy to quote  law 11  though.

40 minutes ago, Rhondda said:

Not sure  anyone can be offside  as soon as the ball is kicked Mangle, have to touch the ball at the very least  i would have thought first . I'm sure   someone  will be happy to quote  law 11  though.

To clarify Rhonnda, when the free kick was taken, attacker was in an offside position. I did not flag. I put the flag up when both defender and attacker went for the header. So when the offside player came into play for the ball. You’re right, the flag no longer goes up when the ball is kicked. The ref actually mentioned this to me before we started. Funny thing is, the players that went for the ball were quite close to me, so when I put the flag up, I was quite surprised the ref (or anyone) didn’t notice! Play continued for several seconds, And sadly the ball ended up in the net just as the ref noticed me.

Tregrehan 4vs6 Gunnislake 

With a wet day and not being able to work I thought I would pop along to my local pitch and watch Tregrehan. The last time I saw them play was last season and they look a shadow of the side they were last term. New management team by the looks of it. Gunnislake by far the stronger of the two teams. The chap who got the hatrick was a good player, sorry didnt catch his name. 

On this viewing I would say Tregrehan aren't Duchy Premier standard (didn't really have any decent players and most of the defending was Sunday league at best) and Gunnislake will more than likely be top 2 or 3 in the league. 

Good entertainment, if only to laugh at some of the defending on show. 

11 hours ago, JD621 said:

Tregrehan 4vs6 Gunnislake 

With a wet day and not being able to work I thought I would pop along to my local pitch and watch Tregrehan. The last time I saw them play was last season and they look a shadow of the side they were last term. New management team by the looks of it. Gunnislake by far the stronger of the two teams. The chap who got the hatrick was a good player, sorry didnt catch his name. 

On this viewing I would say Tregrehan aren't Duchy Premier standard (didn't really have any decent players and most of the defending was Sunday league at best) and Gunnislake will more than likely be top 2 or 3 in the league. 

Good entertainment, if only to laugh at some of the defending on show. 

Title favourites they were 😂

20 hours ago, erby ruin said:

Dropship 4 St Day 3rds 0

Poor first half from us and st day the better side but came in level 

2nd half we got our act together and took our chances well

Scoreline flatters us a little as st day played well for good periods of the game

Dropship scorers

Ben Fletcher 2

David Bartlam 

Jack Knight 

We started off slow, absolutely. We were not good enough in the first half and I genuinely believe that had St Day got that first goal, they'd have won this game. 

Second half, completely different approach by the Dropship lads and a changed attitude and mentality. We were no longer chasing the game, instead we began to ask questions of St Day and it wasn't too long before Ben Fletcher got his goal. We've ordered a VEO camera, which won't be here until next month, I'm gutted that we didn't get his brilliant solo goal on film because it was special. Took on about 5 players from the halfway line and ended up slotting in from 6 yards after beating everyone. It was a brilliant individual goal.

I came on just to try and inject a little bit of security yesterday to defend our lead, managed to score thanks to a brilliant kick from the hands of Adam Robathan which cleared the defence so I'm happy with that. I came off a few minutes later to give our subs a run out and Jack Knight immediately made an impact, also getting on the score sheet with a cool finish from 8 yards which secured the victory for us. Ben Fletcher was responsible for the third after a poor defensive clearance found him on the halfway line, with the keeper out of position, he sweetly struck the ball into a pretty much open net.

I thought St Day deserved the win in the first half for the pressure they put us under, however the second half flipped that on its head and we became the dominant side.

We are now hoping for a decent away visit for the next round which will be great for the boys.; We are now into the last 32 and are certainly the underdogs in this competition; which I believe, we are now the lowest ranked side in it.

I take my hat off to St Day as I always do. Firstly for welcoming the pitch change from Memorial Park to Cornwall College's 3G and then for their conduct at the game. 

I must also mention Eric Sleeman, the referee for this game. I said to him yesterday that when I've watched him previously, he had to improve on certain aspects of his game. We've now had him twice in a row and he has been superb. He was cool and calm yesterday and dealt with what was in front of him well. He's definitely improved since the season before last when I last saw him. I know he's going for promotion this season from 6-5 and I wish him all the very best for that. 

All in all, a good day for Dropship FC. 

1 hour ago, cornish leg end said:

Title favourites they were 😂

Self-proclaimed im guessing? They looked like a mish mash of players either out of retirement or close to retirement. What happened to all the younger lads they had their over past seasons? 

Mullion Reserves 5 - 3 Lanner (ht 2-3) Junior Cup

Our first match at home this season didn't start quite as planned as Lanner showed why they were unbeaten ao far in div 4. They created chances and were clinical in front of goal. 

I gave the lads a bit of a rollicking at half time and they responded very well. Within 5 mins of the restart we were level through a penalty, which was pretty harshly given but we converted nonetheless. 

After that only one team looked like winning. Our in form striker adding to his tally of 7 in 3 so far with another 2 goals to kill the game. 

Kudos to Lanner, kept going til the end and were one of the better sides we have faced this season. 

Onto the next round. 

5 hours ago, JD621 said:

Self-proclaimed im guessing? They looked like a mish mash of players either out of retirement or close to retirement. What happened to all the younger lads they had their over past seasons? 

Hi.

I can confirm there is a new management team at The Miller s as I took stock and stepped aside during our Spring lockdown. M y son has really started to take to the game and I didn't want to miss his development. Had some great seasons but it was getting a bit much for just me and felt freshening things up would be good for The lads too (especially the poor ones who were with me from the beginning! Lol) 

The new lads have certainly upped the social media side of the club and taken the club in a new direction. I tried to maintain interest in the club but have since severed ties with The Miller's under advice from the new management team.

I sincerely wish, after this period of transition, the new lads can continue the progress that was made in the previous 6 1/2 seasons. 

Good luck all involved with the club. 

I hope this provides some context to what you watched yesterday JD621. 

5 hours ago, TruMiller said:

Hi.

I can confirm there is a new management team at The Miller s as I took stock and stepped aside during our Spring lockdown. M y son has really started to take to the game and I didn't want to miss his development. Had some great seasons but it was getting a bit much for just me and felt freshening things up would be good for The lads too (especially the poor ones who were with me from the beginning! Lol) 

The new lads have certainly upped the social media side of the club and taken the club in a new direction. I tried to maintain interest in the club but have since severed ties with The Miller's under advice from the new management team.

I sincerely wish, after this period of transition, the new lads can continue the progress that was made in the previous 6 1/2 seasons. 

I hope this provides some context to what you watched yesterday JD621. 

I would have thought that the new management would take all the help and advice they could get, particularly with the experience on offer which, over the last couple of seasons, has taken the team from strength to strength.

Nice to take time out though to support your son. He’s a lucky lad.

n.b. ‘Twas I who suggested before the game with Lostwithiel last month that the two teams would be fighting it out for league honours. 

15 hours ago, TruMiller said:

Hi.

I hope this provides some context to what you watched yesterday 

thanks for the update and reply. I enjoyed watching your team play on the odd occasion when I had no work on a Saturday. A team which worked hard and had some real ability in it. Based on Saturday I dont know how much the new management have improved the team? Looks seriously weaker to me. I have checked out the social media aspect this morning and it looks like someone is trying to run it as professionally as possible in terms of IT. maybe as much effort is needed on the training pitch. 

Advice from the management team to not be involved? Thats unusual, unless you were being disruptive I guess? 

I would have hoped the new manager would have wanted some support and guidance from you. Certainly looks like they need it. 

59 minutes ago, JD621 said:

thanks for the update and reply. I enjoyed watching your team play on the odd occasion when I had no work on a Saturday. A team which worked hard and had some real ability in it. Based on Saturday I dont know how much the new management have improved the team? Looks seriously weaker to me. I have checked out the social media aspect this morning and it looks like someone is trying to run it as professionally as possible in terms of IT. maybe as much effort is needed on the training pitch. 

Advice from the management team to not be involved? Thats unusual, unless you were being disruptive I guess? 

I would have hoped the new manager would have wanted some support and guidance from you. Certainly looks like they need it. 

Yeah, the new management were acting in my interests as several players were ripping me for still keeping involved on messenger/ watching games etc. (old habits) so they thought that unfair and advised I put it behind me. It was done with the best of intentions, they are decent lads. No hardship this end. Probably what I needed to break the 7 year old habit tbf... 

I had offered my support from the start but heard nothing so assumed not needed. Wanted to stay involved in some capacity but sometimes you have just got to move on. 

As someone recently said to me "There are no friends in football" .... Not my mantra, made loads of friends in the game over the last 30 years, but maybe one that applies in this instance. 

3 hours ago, TruMiller said:

Yeah, the new management were acting in my interests as several players were ripping me for still keeping involved on messenger/ watching games etc. (old habits) so they thought that unfair and advised I put it behind me. It was done with the best of intentions, they are decent lads. No hardship this end. Probably what I needed to break the 7 year old habit tbf... 

I had offered my support from the start but heard nothing so assumed not needed. Wanted to stay involved in some capacity but sometimes you have just got to move on. 

As someone recently said to me "There are no friends in football" .... Not my mantra, made loads of friends in the game over the last 30 years, but maybe one that applies in this instance. 

Keir

keen hungry managers like yourself who want to win and out all the energy into a club and trying to bring young players through is becoming harder to find. You can see from this season so far all the hard work you did put into starting this club has all but gone out the window. Players who played for you for years now playing else where. Real shame that your not still there but your boy has got to come first now maybe you’ll enjoy being involved in the boys football and watching his progress more. Can’t believe the club didn’t want you to stay involved as from what I know and seen your training was spot on, warm ups taken seriously and genuinely a side who wanted to play football the right way. 
Real shame 

But good luck I’m sure you’ll be back somewhere soon.

jay

On 25/10/2020 at 13:15, Nathan Davison said:

Mullion Reserves 5 - 3 Lanner (ht 2-3) Junior Cup

Our first match at home this season didn't start quite as planned as Lanner showed why they were unbeaten ao far in div 4. They created chances and were clinical in front of goal. 

I gave the lads a bit of a rollicking at half time and they responded very well. Within 5 mins of the restart we were level through a penalty, which was pretty harshly given but we converted nonetheless. 

After that only one team looked like winning. Our in form striker adding to his tally of 7 in 3 so far with another 2 goals to kill the game. 

Kudos to Lanner, kept going til the end and were one of the better sides we have faced this season. 

Onto the next round. 

Thanks for the game, was a decent game of football despite the conditions. We felt the 2nd penalty was soft but didn't have complaint but can't help but feel aggrieved by the retake after the save. Your number 11 stood out for me, had a great game.

Good luck in the next round.

Question regarding changing rooms.

We played Troon on Saturday and lost 3-1, in my opinion and most of our team Troon deserved it and were the better team for most part although we did play our part and could have scored more.

it’s the changing situation that got us confused, we got there and were under the impression ( right or wrong ) that we could use changing rooms in groups of 6 at a time. We stood outside only to be informed by their manager that we were not allowed to use them at all and had to change by our cars. It was pissing down and blowing a Gale so we managed to change in the dugout s which was great fun lol. Our issue is that they got changed in the home changing room and were constantly in and out with all their bags and clothes in the dry but we couldn’t? Be nice to get some clarity to why this was, mind games surely not against a Div 3 team? ? ?

22 minutes ago, Lifeintheolddog said:

Question regarding changing rooms.

We played Troon on Saturday and lost 3-1, in my opinion and most of our team Troon deserved it and were the better team for most part although we did play our part and could have scored more.

it’s the changing situation that got us confused, we got there and were under the impression ( right or wrong ) that we could use changing rooms in groups of 6 at a time. We stood outside only to be informed by their manager that we were not allowed to use them at all and had to change by our cars. It was pissing down and blowing a Gale so we managed to change in the dugout s which was great fun lol. Our issue is that they got changed in the home changing room and were constantly in and out with all their bags and clothes in the dry but we couldn’t? Be nice to get some clarity to why this was, mind games surely not against a Div 3 team? ? ?

Something is not right here, it is one rule fits all re the changing situation. Surely it would make sense for you the away team to use the changing rooms once the home side had finished? in groups of 6 obv? ....

56 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

You can certainly use them. We allow both teams to use them at Dropship. We have a big Risk Assessment in place and have a fogger/mister which sterilises them in a few minutes. 

Same as us here Dave, the mister/fogger is THE solution I'm sure...great bit of kit and sterilises the room in about one minute! 

10 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Same as us here Dave, the mister/fogger is THE solution I'm sure...great bit of kit and sterilises the room in about one minute! 

I went a different route to you mind.. I bought a cheaper machine however, I did look at the companies product. I found that the solution they use (at £100 a tub) was primarily made up of hypochlorous Acid, the same sort of stuff used in many areas such as hospitals, morgues etc. Some research took me to find much cheaper solutions which are just as effective, including tablets that you just add to water. I got a quote for £222 for two tubs from the Falmouth based company... That was just too dear for me.