Cornwall Football Forum

VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS - HELSTON ATHLETIC V NEWQUAY

Lets face it. They they have put this restriction of 150 maximum fans 6 days before Falmouth Town and the F-Troop visit. When do Helston ever get 300 fans unless they play Town. Their average home attendance this season is around 140 ( very suspect figure that, their crowd clicker must have a twitchy finger) so why restrict from the governments stated 300 down to 150 ?? Classy move. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Chambers said:

Lets face it. They they have put this restriction of 150 maximum fans 6 days before Falmouth Town and the F-Troop visit. When do Helston ever get 300 fans unless they play Town. Their average home attendance this season is around 140 ( very suspect figure that, their crowd clicker must have a twitchy finger) so why restrict from the governments stated 300 down to 150 ?? Classy move. 

Presumably there's a possibility Jeff that if you guys arrive early enough - there won't be any Helston supporters able to get in as the 150 already reached!

11 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

There is absolutely no way 150 fans are in attendance at the Helston v Newquay game last night. Hardly 60 if you look at the video. They must click all the players and officials in lol. On the game,  Newquay look really good, Their right winger tore Helston apart.

I was looking for the crowd on the video and played it three times but the only people seemed to be in front of the club house. I thought the filming was good though and very clear.

Agree with all of the assessments above. 

Both keepers poor

Helston LB ripped apart, Newquay 11 looked good  

Newquay missed a lot of chances

First half penalty to Newquay

Helston goal looked offside (can’t really tell from the camera angle)

Helston players gathering around the ref again (like they do every match. 

47 minutes ago, Jeff Chambers said:

I thought the same BIG AL. Hardly anyone stood behind both goals or along the top end. The stand area in front of the bar was a single line of people yet there's 150 in attendance ?? Gotta laugh he he he ;) . I suppose it part of them being "UNSTOPPABLE" :) . 

Where is it stated there was 150 in attendance ? Cannot seem to find this anywhere. 

I’d like to think that Newquay may have had some say in the above statements and should be given huge credit for playing well.
Particularly liked Tom Shepherd and Ross Fallens in midfield - busy and complemented each other well. Then you’ve always got the threat of the two wide men. Instantly when in possession they looked dangerous.

3 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I’d like to think that Newquay may have had some say in the above statements and should be given huge credit for playing well.
Particularly liked Tom Shepherd and Ross Fallens in midfield - busy and complemented each other well. Then you’ve always got the threat of the two wide men. Instantly when in possession they looked dangerous.

Totally agree Dave, Newquay made them look worse than they are. Very impressed with their play and how they identified Helstons weaknesses 

30 minutes ago, Leroy said:

Where is it stated there was 150 in attendance ? Cannot seem to find this anywhere. 

It wasn’t stated. What I said was that they (Helston via Twitter) have now capped their future attendance at 150, less than the 300 that they are entitled to have.

21 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Agreed Dave, Newquay look a decent outfit. Play nice football and have some handy players from what I saw in the highlights. Will certainly be no pushover this season. 

28 minutes ago, baldy said:

It wasn’t stated. What I said was that they (Helston via Twitter) have now capped their future attendance at 150, less than the 300 that they are entitled to have.

Wasn't referencing your post baldy but that of Jeff Chambers that gave me the impression 150 were in attendance. I went to the match and it was announced there were  53 spectators, which looked about right.

Playing surface at Helston looked immaculate from where I was stood and overall Newquay unlucky not to come away with all 3 points. 

Mousehole v Saltash for me tomorrow. 

29 minutes ago, Leroy said:

Wasn't referencing your post baldy but that of Jeff Chambers that gave me the impression 150 were in attendance. I went to the match and it was announced there were  53 spectators, which looked about right.

Playing surface at Helston looked immaculate from where I was stood and overall Newquay unlucky not to come away with all 3 points. 

Mousehole v Saltash for me tomorrow. 

53! That’s disappointing! Be interesting to know what the Porthleven gate was same night.

It’s a shame really that more clubs don’t use the same system as Parkway - buy online in advance - obviously most clubs would never sell out (like Parkway) - but it covers the Track and Trace as well - Parkway have a printed sheet with names on when you arrive. The IT is easy and payment secure and it also lets people know how many advance tickets have been sold  

For most SWPL games they would also still be tickets available on the gate. 

14 hours ago, Jeff Chambers said:

There is absolutely no way 150 fans are in attendance at the Helston v Newquay game last night. Hardly 60 if you look at the video. They must click all the players and officials in lol. On the game,  Newquay look really good, Their right winger tore Helston apart.

Helston have probably signed him up already 😳 

5 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Well said - Newquay looked very good (from the highlight - which are normally Helston centric) and you can’t beat pace with quality out wide. What did surprise me is Newquay looked like they controlled the middle of the park as well - I do think Helston have gone for reputation rather than quality in the middle and it again looked like that from the footage. 
Any team with Goldie / Slates / Buchan and especially Tucker is going to score goals and anyone who thinks Helston are not the team who romped away with things last season (other than Saltash) - will I feel be wrong. 

SM said several times in interviews last season his style is to get the ball to his strikers asap to score and again his strikers will press any team playing from the back - what seems to be missing is when other teams do the same back. 

Two good teams who imo will be part of top 4. 

7 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Newquay 11 is Callum McOnie, son of Newquay physio and my old mate Ross. Back from injury but was playing in the Southern League for Cinderford a season or two ago. Superb player 👏🏼👌

Played 12 times for Cornwall Under 18's back in 2013 /+14 when we won the SWC's K/O Cup away in Oxfordshire.

Superb player supported by a lovely family, great to see him back playing for his home town.

Well said - Newquay looked very good (from the highlight - which are normally Helston centric) 

I pride myself on telling the story of a game objectively and take issue with the above remark.. If Helston win a game 5:0 as they did on the opening day of the season it is difficult not to feature more action from Helston. Where visiting teams have genuine near misses I will endeavour to include them. Anyone who was at the Newquay game will, I hope, feel that I have been evenhanded with my selection of clips. In fact I was guided by my commentator’s notes.

Commend Helston as a club in many ways, think they’ve done some excellent work in the last few seasons but surely reducing the crowd which is only a maximum of 300 around a whole football pitch anyway to 150 just before Falmouths F Troop come to town is a bit underhand and a “dig” at Falmouth? Mind games and all that spring to mind here!? Can’t think of many clubs in the league (if any) that could afford to lose quite probably 150 x £5 = £750 through the gate just to get at their opponents? 

40 minutes ago, Sticker Forever said:

Commend Helston as a club in many ways, think they’ve done some excellent work in the last few seasons but surely reducing the crowd which is only a maximum of 300 around a whole football pitch anyway to 150 just before Falmouths F Troop come to town is a bit underhand and a “dig” at Falmouth? Mind games and all that spring to mind here!? Can’t think of many clubs in the league (if any) that could afford to lose quite probably 150 x £5 = £750 through the gate just to get at their opponents? 

Well said that man. :)