Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway win again

sportsman10

Another win for parkway and I thought they were superb 2nd half very much the same as the exmouth game you can see the pre season fitness is helping in later stages of the game  

Levi and Ryan Richards need to start regularly I think that could be a brilliant partnership with tons of goals   . Matt wright doesn’t seem fit or is struggling a little. He doesn’t really offer what carter did with his size  . Great start to the league just hope it’s not all stoped agsin by covid  

On 19/09/2020 at 17:31, sportsman10 said:

Another win for parkway and I thought they were superb 2nd half very much the same as the exmouth game you can see the pre season fitness is helping in later stages of the game  

Levi and Ryan Richards need to start regularly I think that could be a brilliant partnership with tons of goals   . Matt wright doesn’t seem fit or is struggling a little. He doesn’t really offer what carter did with his size  . Great start to the league just hope it’s not all stoped agsin by covid  

Seems a strange thing to say, but even after 4 wins from 4 the team (by their own admission) is still bedding in and playing in fits and starts. Few key players still a little way from full match fitness after injury and River Allen suspended, when everybody is fit and firing then they will take a lot of stopping.

3 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Parkway top of the league, Ryan Richards league top scorer! 7 in 5 games! Was there a few doubters!? 🤔.   👏🏼👍

He Definitely seems to have hit the ground running and he always going to score. In fact he been played out wide the games I’ve seen with Matt wright the main target man. Parkway create so many chances he prob hit a good 35 40 goals if he stays fit. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

He Definitely seems to have hit the ground running and he always going to score. In fact he been played out wide the games I’ve seen with Matt wright the main target man. Parkway create so many chances he prob hit a good 35 40 goals if he stays fit. 

For some reason, Ryan has always seemed to carry the tag of being a player with a poor attitude. He was superb at Parkway in the second half of the 2011/12 season after the "names" jumped ship, and then carried the attack pretty much single handed in 2012/13 season when Parkway finished runners up. As he said in his interview, people also forget that he scored a respectable 5 goals in 14 games (only 4 starts, thanks to Tivvyarchive.co.uk for the stats) for Tiverton in 2014. This was in the midst of the John Clarkson circus of that season. Agree, in this side, given how they will dominate matches, he should be looking for 35 goals plus.  

On 21/09/2020 at 11:19, RAPPO said:

Parkway top of the league, Ryan Richards league top scorer! 7 in 5 games! Was there a few doubters!? 🤔.   👏🏼👍

Hi Rappo

Shouldnt be any doubters at all if their rumoured budget is anything to go by. They put a lot into the game, they deserve some return 😊👍

Parkway held by buckland tonight nil nil. I wasn’t at the  game but a friend said it was a brilliant  match and parkway did everything but score with buckland keeper outstanding 

It did seem odd to start with Matt Wright who struggling to get going at parkway  and leave the 2 new strikers landricombe and veil on the bench till the 70th Minute  .  Levi scored in his last 2 games

Time will tell if parkway look at tonight’s game as massive 2 points dropped  

9 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

Parkway held by buckland tonight nil nil. I wasn’t at the  game but a friend said it was a brilliant  match and parkway did everything but score with buckland keeper outstanding 

It did seem odd to start with Matt Wright who struggling to get going at parkway  and leave the 2 new strikers landricombe and veil on the bench till the 70th Minute  .  Levi scored in his last 2 games

Time will tell if parkway look at tonight’s game as massive 2 points dropped  

Sounded like one of those games for Parkway,did everything but score. Going to view it as a point gained, keeps the unbeaten league start going, another clean sheet and Shane Krac playing his first 90 minutes of the season.

19 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

Sounded like one of those games for Parkway,did everything but score. Going to view it as a point gained, keeps the unbeaten league start going, another clean sheet and Shane Krac playing his first 90 minutes of the season.

Was an odd one to take Richards off when looking for a goal. ? Would have thought wright would been the one to make way. Do think lee issue is going to be finding the correct striker partnership. I doubt Levi or veil have signed to warm the bench. 

1 hour ago, sportsman10 said:

Was an odd one to take Richards off when looking for a goal. ? Would have thought wright would been the one to make way. Do think lee issue is going to be finding the correct striker partnership. I doubt Levi or veil have signed to warm the bench. 

Will be interesting to see how the formation shapes up. Four into two won't go with the forwards, there are always going to be a couple of disappointed players. An embarrassment of riches for sure, and will require a bit of man management. Also with Shane Krac now recovered after injury and River Allen almost having served his ban, how will they accommodate them into midfield with Billy Palfrey? Nice problem to have though.

On 21/09/2020 at 19:50, RAPPO said:

Wouldn't mind betting a tenner Ryan gets 40+ in all competitions this season if hopefully he has an injury free season. Never seen a problem with his attitude the times I've watched him play, like to think I'd recognise a quality striker and Ryan is certainly that 👌👍

Was the best player (IMO) in SWPL West last season.  Great workrate, team ethic and finishing. What more do people want from a striker? One of a handful of players that attract me to a game to see their individual performance. Top, top player!

Fergie did it for years! Playing Saturday/Tuesday, it can be done. Keep rotating and play the guy in form with one other. Make sure the two not starting get a decent run ( 25/30 mins) to keep them sharp, involved and interested, regardless how the match is going, all quality anyway, won’t weaken the side, just fresh legs. Most top strikers will want to play in a table topping side where every goal is important, as long as they’re not rotting on a bench 3/4 games on the spin getting 5/10 minutes reckon it can be done 👍️  To be fair though Fergie was paying Cole, Yorke, Sheringham and Solksjaer bout 50 grand a week!! Even Parkway would struggle with that! Good luck though 👌👍

• 3 weeks later...

Parkway shouldn’t be losing any games in this league all season.

Budget for the team nearly 4 or 5 times more (maybe Tavistock excluded) than anyone else in the league.

Any team that can afford to put Jamie Lowry and Jordan Bentley on the bench is in dream land.

Ambitions to go up is pleasing to hear but don’t start topics of with “Parkway win again”.

Lets get real here.

I understand tonight wasn’t as straight forward and buckland made it difficult. Your correct tho parkway should dominate every game. But it doesn’t always work like that. Injury, players missing. And keeping players happy that on the bench. 

Shane krack back now and i don’t see where he starts which is odd as he parkway captain 

the same for Ryan Richards who the top scorer but has been on the bench the last 2 games as Matt wright seems to be the main striker. Guess it’s nice problem to have. 

According to my man at the match last night, it was a tough game that Parkway should have perhaps won more comfortably if they had taken their chances. I agree with the comments above, given the calibre of the squad and the set up, they should be favourites to win every match and the league .But that brings its own pressures, they are there to be shot at.

He mentioned that Callum Hall and Craig Veal were outstanding again. With regards to Ryan Richards and indeed Levi Landricombe (unused sub last night),I cannot see where they fit in. It looks like Parkway have settled into a 4-3-3 formation with Mikey Williams and Veal either side of Matt Wright upfront.  They may have to wait their opportunity. 

Similar in midfield as well, with Hall playing well in a more central role alongside River Allen and Billy Palfrey who are both in good form, it will be interesting to see how Shane Krac is brought back into the lineup. I am certain that they will want to get him back into the side, he has been a big character and driving force over the last few seasons since he returned to the club.

On 14/10/2020 at 10:35, sportsman10 said:

Massive headache as they are all big players. Strange as the squad isn’t that big. Midweek games the bench has been padded out with stand in. Can’t see Richards or landricombe being happy on the bench. Think landricombe left Tiverton for that reason.  

it's a funny one with Landricombe.  He is still - in my opinion - a more than capable Step Three striker, but in Alex Fletcher and Jared Lewington, Tiverton have potentially the best strike force in that particular division.  Truro, with Harvey, Battle, Rooney and Neal are obviously very, very strong, but beyond them, there aren't many better.  

A look through the Southern Premier South - Toby Holmes at Taunton, Max Blackmore & Jack Mazzone at Met Police, Emmanuel Odubade at Salisbury, Joe White at Hendon.  Tiverton have, again in my opinion, the second strongest forward line in the division and Levi didn't have the mobility or consistent fitness to compete with that.  He could have gone to Taunton, Bideford, Barnstaple - yet he's chose Parkway and they still don't seem to have space for him in the team.

Look at what Adam Carter is doing with Bideford (3 goals in 2 games I think), and Landricombe could easily be posting similar numbers at that level.

Looking at the team lately and reading what been said it seems Matt wright will be the main striker every week and veal, Richard and landricombe will be fighting for 1 spot. Veal is not as natural a goal scorer as the others but it seems he the better all round player and his getting the nod. Would be suprised if all 4 are there by end of season. 

Just back from a cold bolitho Park to see parkway escape with a point against a very organised wellington team. 

Another game and another load of changes to the team. Unfortunately I think this is where parkway are going to come unstuck , palfry who has been superb was dropped as well as veil and in come players that haven’t played much I guess to keep them happy and give them minutes . 

Parkway had a fair few chances but wellington defended well and looked to hit on the break  

It worked  as parkway went 1 down and it looked a bit of struggle for parkway adjust to the changes

ryan Richards had a good Game and dispatched both his penalties brilliantly. 

I do feel parkway will be disappointed not to get all 3 points despite getting a late equaliser and Lee Hobbs will have more questions then answer as to what his best 11 is at the minute