Cornwall Football Forum

Radio Cornwall

I dont like criticising but sitting in my car at the Ivybridge FC car park I did manage to pick up a signal from Radio Cornwall

It was just before the rugby round up at 5 when they gave out the SWPL(P) results--Ivybridge 0 Falmouth 1(Act2-1)--Plymouth Parkway 1 Clyst Rovers 1(act 4-1) and I think Saltash 2 Elburton 1(act 4-1)

Embarrassingly I told some of the players the Parkway( incorrect) score.

She must have read out the half time scores.

Guest Passionate about local football

Yes I heard that too! How embarrassing for the presenter too! :SM_carton:

There were other moments that didn't really make sense either:-

1) Why get Ross Ellis to go all the way up to Devizes for the Truro match, when it was pretty obvious he was going to play second fiddle to the rugby?

2) They were also present at the St Blazey v Witheridge SWPL game, yet we never got a post-match report from Dave Deacon. Why?

3) Then in the Results section there was very few East Cornwall Premier results read out. Now I know for a fact that Mike Murray spent a long time getting the results together and phoning them in. Why did we not hear them?

Questons that regrettably we will never get the answers!

Finally, one further note - I hear via the rumour mill that Atlantic FM are putting in a seven day notice of approach for Tom Trust! Mind you are they any better? :D

Mike did send in the results, I have given up. It would appear that there was something like a youngster or Trainee or something collating the results.

It's a shame bit I don't think you can blame Dave.

I think you will find that Atlantic FM have secured the signature of Ken reed.

Blimey ECPL, Ken Reed has been with Atlantic for weeks. Mind you the footie coverage on there is so infrequent, that's why you've probably not realised.

Guest Rubber Soul

Well done, ECPL, another of your exclusives!!!! Weeks and weeks old. Try to keep up.

Why don't regular posters on this forum bombard Lawrence Reed's phone-in tomorrow between noon and 2.30pm with complaints about the inaccuracies during their Saturday sports programme?

Radio Cornwall seemed very pleased with themselves to try to get the team picture issue made into a major news story, with supposedly half of Cornwall outraged by it, yet they received only two phone calls to my knowledge, despite repeatedly encouraging listeners to ring in to complain.

I am sure there are more than two people unhappy with Radio Cornwall's football coverage. I would even be prepared to put ECPL forward as one of their studio reporters, to collate and then read out the results every Saturday tea time. No spelling involved in that job, so ECPL would be ideal.

Let's start the campaign to get Radio Cornwall's local football coverage re-instated. Bring back Dave Deacon properly, bring back Ken Reed, Tom Trust and anybody with local football knowledge. And take off Emma Vardy who is to radio presenting what Les Dawson was to classical music.

David White is by a long distance the best presenter Radio Cornwall has, and he loves sport; he should be hosting the programme every week.

Radio Cornwall's advertisement blurts out: "Every game, every goal . . . " They're telling lies even with that trailer.

Another nonsensical piece of claptrap from rubber duck. But I do agree BBC Radio Cornwall sports is nowhere near what it should be which is a shame. You seem an articulate crappie, oooops chappie rubber duck why don't you have a go, after all if I can't spell then I most probably can't read either.

I wonder what the rugby supporters think of the current sports coverage on Radio Cornwall, do they feel the same way as we feel. Might have to get in touch with them on their fourms.

Do you think they really take notice of the complaints that are written to them?

Well done, ECPL, another of your exclusives!!!! Weeks and weeks old. Try to keep up.

Why don't regular posters on this forum bombard Lawrence Reed's phone-in tomorrow between noon and 2.30pm with complaints about the inaccuracies during their Saturday sports programme?

Radio Cornwall seemed very pleased with themselves to try to get the team picture issue made into a major news story, with supposedly half of Cornwall outraged by it, yet they received only two phone calls to my knowledge, despite repeatedly encouraging listeners to ring in to complain.

I am sure there are more than two people unhappy with Radio Cornwall's football coverage. I would even be prepared to put ECPL forward as one of their studio reporters, to collate and then read out the results every Saturday tea time. No spelling involved in that job, so ECPL would be ideal.

Let's start the campaign to get Radio Cornwall's local football coverage re-instated. Bring back Dave Deacon properly, bring back Ken Reed, Tom Trust and anybody with local football knowledge. And take off Emma Vardy who is to radio presenting what Les Dawson was to classical music.

David White is by a long distance the best presenter Radio Cornwall has, and he loves sport; he should be hosting the programme every week.

Radio Cornwall's advertisement blurts out: "Every game, every goal . . . " They're telling lies even with that trailer.

What sort of campaign do you suggest we take? Something all fans can get united behind.

It would appear that there was something like a youngster or Trainee or something collating the results.

Or something?! Like what?!

I like the way you assume that it is somebody young or a trainee. Perhaps it was an old fart with an amnesia problem, or somebody that didn't go to school and opted to work down a mineshaft instead.

Just as likely!! :D

I believe you will find that the assumption is correct. I tried phoning into give a result on Saturday, and it was answered (eventually) by a young sounding bloke who couldn't pronounce one of the teams in the game involved and had no idea initially whether it was football, rugby or tug-of-war that I was on about. Obviously students getting some cheap work experience and useful for their CVs!