Cornwall Football Forum

Has the Spurs manager lost his marbles. Gareth Bale was rejected by the Real Madrid boss, many months ago. Bale hasn't played regular football for a full season or more. Personally I always felt that apart from a great left foot shot, Bale was quite ordinary really. Many times, apart from the odd occasion, you wouldn't know he was on the pitch - add to this the wages I expect he will demand - I wouldn't touch him.

On loan for a season - £600,000 per week !

He'd better start scoring plenty of goals for that amount of money. Ought to be a law preventing that sort of pay for playing football. There's hard working people on the bread line in this country, who will never be able to buy a house of their own. 

No I know it's not Bales fault, he's just laughing all the way to the bank.

• 3 weeks later...

Well - still he hasn't played yet. What's the problem, is he injured ? He's not even been on the bench. Would he and Jose actually get on together ? ?

We will see. If it were me, I wouldn't have had him back. Isn't it strange that no team - other than Spurs, wanted him ? !

That said, was it Jose or Levy that wanted him back. The Real Boss said there was no future for Bale at Real Madrid.

On 10/10/2020 at 07:36, Keith B said:

Well - still he hasn't played yet. What's the problem, is he injured ? He's not even been on the bench. Would he and Jose actually get on together ? ?

We will see. If it were me, I wouldn't have had him back. Isn't it strange that no team - other than Spurs, wanted him ? !

That said, was it Jose or Levy that wanted him back. The Real Boss said there was no future for Bale at Real Madrid.

Usual Spurs, I am afraid. Occasional brilliant games, a but like Bale, but overall, may just slip into the top six and won't win anything. Jose is one job from oblivion. Bale will probably fall out with him.

The Real boss was obviously not taken with him Rodney. Why we don't know. Personally I always thought of Bale as a one footed player. Yes he had a great left foot shot but, if any decent defender kept him on the right foot - to me he looked very ordinary. Some times he hardly got into the game.

Perhaps Real found him out ? Anyway he's made millions out of his career, so he can't grumble. 

Well well - Spurs 3 - West Ham 3. Three nil up and Bale came on with 20 minutes to go. Bale missed a sitter and Spurs collapsed. Couldn't believe my eyes. 

No of course, the collapse wasn't Bales fault. Jose looked shocked at the final whistle. 

53 minutes ago, Keith B said:

Well well - Spurs 3 - West Ham 3. Three nil up and Bale came on with 20 minutes to go. Bale missed a sitter and Spurs collapsed. Couldn't believe my eyes. 

No of course, the collapse wasn't Bales fault. Jose looked shocked at the final whistle. 

An own goal and a "worldy" unstoppable equaliser...Spurs unlucky I thought.

4 hours ago, Keith B said:

Bale missed a sitter and Spurs collapsed. Couldn't believe my eyes. 

Not so sure we can blame Bale for the collapse and turning a positive slant on Bale’s attempt - it was encouraging how easy he got in the position to miss it! 🤔

3 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not so sure we can blame Bale for the collapse and turning a positive slant on Bale’s attempt - it was encouraging how easy he got in the position to miss it! 🤔

If he's fit to play - with his reputation (and salary) he should have scored Dave, with only the keeper to beat. The collapse was not Bales fault, of course not. The defence  went to pieces when West Ham finally got their act together. They need a strong central defender.