Cornwall Football Forum

Midweek matches coming up this week - Monday 14th to Wednesday 16th September 2020

St blazey 0 Liskeard 1 half time then abandoned due to lighting despite it being lighter than last week the reff couldn't see a corner flag from the middle of the pitch apparently,Both sides wanted to play supporters confused and befuddled by the whole situation everyone else could see the pitch and the corner flags but the reff

Other than that was a good 45 mins Liskeard the better side. Blazey poor at the back 

4 minutes ago, Footballlover442 said:

St blazey 0 Liskeard 1 half time then abandoned due to lighting despite it being lighter than last week the reff couldn't see a corner flag from the middle of the pitch apparently,Both sides wanted to play supporters confused and befuddled by the whole situation everyone else could see the pitch and the corner flags but the reff

Other than that was a good 45 mins Liskeard the better side. Blazey poor at the back 

What a farce. What has the club turned in to, supporters invading the field of play to protect siblings after a tackle, hooliganism at Falmouth on the terraces last season, & now two evening games postponed during play in the last week. What the hell is going on at St. Blazey?

Points could be docked here or else other clubs will follow suit & pull their floodlight card when they are losing. Losing both games comfortably as well with the lighting issues saving them. 

Very poor decision to jepordise health if there was any doubt the lights wouldn't work. How supporter's social distance in the dark leaving the ground? Irresponsible. 

11 hours ago, leedsunited said:

What a farce. What has the club turned in to, supporters invading the field of play to protect siblings after a tackle, hooliganism at Falmouth on the terraces last season, & now two evening games postponed during play in the last week. What the hell is going on at St. Blazey?

Points could be docked here or else other clubs will follow suit & pull their floodlight card when they are losing. Losing both games comfortably as well with the lighting issues saving them. 

Very poor decision to jepordise health if there was any doubt the lights wouldn't work. How supporter's social distance in the dark leaving the ground? Irresponsible. 

I wonder if the refs fee was abandoned as well !

Managed to get out of the house last night and take in my first game of the season.  Porthleven (1) v Falmouth Town (3).

Porthleven got off to the best start possible scoring from a corner in the first 2 minutes of the game.  Falmouth levelled 15 minutes into the second half and then took the lead pretty much straight from KO.  they put the game to bed not long after that.

From what i saw last night Falmouth are missing a "proper forward". 

And Porthleven are in for a very long season, half the squad are half descent St Piran's players treading water out of their depth.

JW

13 hours ago, leedsunited said:

One victory and you soon return spouting your usual utter rubbish

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

The video footage is available to view now on Piran Films You Tube and I stand by my first suggestion that the red card was harsh! In fact now I have seen it again - very harsh indeed!

100% disagree no need for the fwd to challenge for the ball as he wasn’t going to get anywhere near it and then cause the collision with the defender and the keeper. His actions could of lead to two potentially serious injuries. Lucky only one and from social media reports he is on the mend, good to hear. 

Watching the highlights reel, I’m sure if the shoe was the other foot Helston would be asking for red as they seem to appeal for every foul and want to ref the game on behalf of the ref.  

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

The video footage is available to view now on Piran Films You Tube and I stand by my first suggestion that the red card was harsh! In fact now I have seen it again - very harsh indeed!

After seeing the footage, i have to agree with you @Dave Deacon

7 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

100% disagree no need for the fwd to challenge for the ball as he wasn’t going to get anywhere near it and then cause the collision with the defender and the keeper. His actions could of lead to two potentially serious injuries. Lucky only one and from social media reports he is on the mend, good to hear. 

Watching the highlights reel, I’m sure if the shoe was the other foot Helston would be asking for red as they seem to appeal for every foul and want to ref the game on behalf of the ref.  

@Del Boywould you class it as Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct?

JW

50 minutes ago, Jeremy Wade said:

After seeing the footage, i have to agree with you @Dave Deacon

@Del Boywould you class it as Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct?

JW

JW,

Watching the video I think the incident is 100% avoidable. 

Endangering an opponent is cause for the red card in my opinion. 

Serious Foul Play

“A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

48 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

Great to be back in Cornwall and although yet to watch a local match in person, so grateful for any video highlights. Thanks to all clubs that make the effort to publish.

Certainly seems to have been a lively start to the season.

Just watched Mousehole v Helston video and clearly not a red card, if I was Helston I would certainly be appealing the decision.

As for you Del Boy, all I can say is like your brother Dave, you clearly must be a 'right plonker' to think otherwise 😂😂

I did try in an earlier post to gain a refs perspective but that won’t now happen from a current ref as this is a matter the CCFA will be looking at. Having now watched the highlights - to me it was a foul - by MB on the defender as he ran into him and probably intentionally - but not a foul on the keeper who was the one ‘endangered’ - it does look like the ref has taken the serious nature of the injury to apply that the foul was serious foul play (there being no excessive force or brutality). My point being if Corey was not injured (by the defender) would it have even been a yellow card - you see these pushes / contacts every game, fortunately without these consequences. 
As an aside - immediately before the ball resulting in the incident it looked more like a foul on the Mousehole player. And, if this is an example of Helston’s behaviour in screaming for everything they are not going to win over any new fans - despite how good they may be. 

6 minutes ago, Del Boy said:

All teams are like it now, players and benches. Try to ref the games and question every decision/foul. Refs don’t want the abuse and number of refs is deteriorating each year.

General misdemeanour on display during that short video is nothing short of abhorrent. Seems sadly, this league has a plethora of thuggish brutes who wish to cause havoc on a pitch rather than get on with the game. It really doesn't do grassroots football any favours but stalwarts will say it's 'grit and determination'. Absolutely no need whatsoever to endanger an opponent simply for the cost of winning in my humble opinion.

You can be competitive without being a nasty piece of work. 

I would say the red is harsh. I would say the defender is trying to make it as easy as possible for his keeper to have a catch with no challenge and is looking to shield the ball from striker. In trying to get to the ball maybe a small push but I would say that a similar thing happens at about 6.40 where player loses ball, slates shields and lad tries to get to the ball and there is a little push, however no collision. I don't know the laws well enough (despite trying to overturn refs decisions for years) to know whether the severity of the injury can alter a decision. The collision is unpleasant and clearly the keeper needed treatment and I am glad that he seems to be on the road to recovery. I do think that this is the sort of decision that could split opinion between officials let alone supporters. 

30 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

I understand the appeal has been heard and the decision overturned with the red card rescinded meaning that the Helston player will be available for selection for their game next Wednesday.

Any other outcome would have meant any kind of appeal for any red cards in future would be pointless. 

Still shocked that the officials came to that decision in the 1st place

Watched the incident back on the excellent Piran Films coverage of the highlights. Had about 10 looks at it and it looks to me that each player is doing exactly what they should be! Excellent brave goalkeeping from Cory, good shielding from the defender, and Matty chasing the ball down like any striker would. Looked like Matty had half a hand on the defenders back but no suggestion of a push at all in my opinion! Not even a yellow card for me! Hope Cory is back between the sticks soon and Matty doesn't miss any games through an undeserved suspension. 👍

sorry driving to Scotland and noticed the above posts!! Thats what yiu get for posting on your phone half blind!!! Correct decision, well done to all concerned coming to it. 👏

Can i add im at a standstill at Cullompton due to an accident! I don't text on my phone whilst driving!! 🤔😷

31 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

Watched the incident back on the excellent Piran Films coverage of the highlights. Had about 10 looks at it and it looks to me that each player is doing exactly what they should be! Excellent brave goalkeeping from Cory, good shielding from the defender, and Matty chasing the ball down like any striker would. Looked like Matty had half a hand on the defenders back but no suggestion of a push at all in my opinion! Not even a yellow card for me! Hope Cory is back between the sticks soon and Matty doesn't miss any games through an undeserved suspension. 👍

sorry driving to Scotland and noticed the above posts!! Thats what yiu get for posting on your phone half blind!!! Correct decision, well done to all concerned coming to it. 👏

Can i add im at a standstill at Cullompton due to an accident! I don't text on my phone whilst driving!! 🤔😷

Rappo - (when you get to read this lol) - I do agree with your comments and sentiments. I am surprised though as to how quickly this has been resolved - hats off to ccfa if it can all be done in under three days. I only raise that as I am aware of a player sent off in a two leagues lower who has been suspended and his case sine die awaiting full hearing (obviously with no date set - viz sine die) - he is effectively suspended until the ccfa hear his case - which is something I have not heard of before?? Looks like Piran films earned their money for Helston, without it there could have been no appeal - makes you think that all clubs should video games to avoid wrongful cards - and entertainment. 

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Rappo - (when you get to read this lol) - I do agree with your comments and sentiments. I am surprised though as to how quickly this has been resolved - hats off to ccfa if it can all be done in under three days. I only raise that as I am aware of a player sent off in a two leagues lower who has been suspended and his case sine die awaiting full hearing (obviously with no date set - viz sine die) - he is effectively suspended until the ccfa hear his case - which is something I have not heard of before?? Looks like Piran films earned their money for Helston, without it there could have been no appeal - makes you think that all clubs should video games to avoid wrongful cards - and entertainment. 

Most clubs can’t find anyone to do it but Saltash are advertising for a videographer and have been for a while !! Anyone interested please contact the club

Cheers Bob, lovely 9 hour drive in the end!! Celtic home today as well and can’t even go and watch them mate!! Yeah I was surprised as well how quickly it was sorted and come to the right conclusion. Seems a bit harsh being banned until your hearing! Guilty before being proved innocent 🤔 hope you’re well Bob and good to see Ed and the Camels flying start to the season mate 👏🏼👍

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Cheers Bob, lovely 9 hour drive in the end!! Celtic home today as well and can’t even go and watch them mate!! Yeah I was surprised as well how quickly it was sorted and come to the right conclusion. Seems a bit harsh being banned until your hearing! Guilty before being proved innocent 🤔 hope you’re well Bob and good to see Ed and the Camels flying start to the season mate 👏🏼👍

Rappo, if you go to Edinburgh take a tour of Murryfield it's an awesome stadium,also Easter Road home of Hibs and Tyncastle home of Hearts are impressive. More impressive than the standard of Scottish football me thinks.

On 17/09/2020 at 16:01, Del Boy said:

please note I was not at the game, and have not spoken to anyone involved in the game. I am posing this from watching a video, with 1 angle from 50/60 metres away!

Definition of Serious foul play
A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play

Picture these two descriptions of watching the video.  I’m sure any defending team with 2 players down would be insisting there was a push/shove.  

1-  defender and attacker running after the long ball. Gk comes to collect the ball and is in the air. Attacker shoves defender in the back making him collide with keeper whilst he is in the air

2-  defender and attacker running after the long ball. GK comes to collect the ball and is in the air. Defender slows down/checks his pace to avoid GK. attacker being so close can’t slow down in time and contact is made with defender, causing him to collide with keeper whilst he is in the air. 

What would your decision be for both descriptions?