Cornwall Football Forum

Midweek matches coming up this week - Monday 14th to Wednesday 16th September 2020

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 14th

SWPL

EAST DIVISION

Crediton United                2-3            Axminster Town

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 15th

SWPL

EAST DIVISION

Cullompton Rangers     3-6       Sidmouth Town

Dartmouth                   2-1       Bovey Tracey

Elburton Villa               0-3       Ivybridge Town

Millbrook                     4-0       Holsworthy

Plymouth Marjon         2-2       Torrington

WEST DIVISION

Godolphin Atlantic       0-4       Bodmin Town

Launceston                  1-2       Newquay

Mousehole                   A-A       Helston Athletic

Sticker                         0-4       Camelford

Wadebridge Town        1-2       St Austell

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 16th

SWPL

EAST DIVISION

Brixham                               1-2          Torpoint Athletic

Elmore                                  2-1          Honiton Town

Stoke Gabriel                     0-9          Newton Abbot Spurs

WEST DIVISION

Callington Town                1-5          Dobwalls

Porthleven                         1-3          Falmouth Town

Saltash United                   6-3          St Dennis

St Blazey                              A-A        Liskeard Athletic

Wendron United              P-P         Penzance

Mrs Whyte and I back in beautiful Cornwall from US for another longish stay.

Was planning to take in Porthleven v Falmouth on Wednesday evening but note from their published COVID 19 Risk Assessment spectators are still not permitted at Porthleven. Therefore looking forward to making my first visit to Wendron United.

It's great to be back - won't be returning home until after elections when hopefully my country will have a new President.

15 minutes ago, Leroy said:

Was planning to take in Porthleven v Falmouth on Wednesday evening but note from their published COVID 19 Risk Assessment spectators are still not permitted at Porthleven. Therefore looking forward to making my first visit to Wendron United.

It's great to be back - won't be returning home until after elections when hopefully my country will have a new President.

Well they had 90 spectators at their first match on the 5th. Think that info is way out of date?

Went to watch Blazey last week and was called off after approximately 30 mins . What happens to the admission price ? Free entry to the next game , when Newquay visit again or tough luck . Haven’t got my ticket but did go and speak to ginette and Shirley in the tea hut as I was leaving 

26 minutes ago, Tribute said:

Went to watch Blazey last week and was called off after approximately 30 mins . What happens to the admission price ? Free entry to the next game , when Newquay visit again or tough luck . Haven’t got my ticket but did go and speak to ginette and Shirley in the tea hut as I was leaving 

I think it’s tough luck. However, with another game this Wednesday, are there any assurances that the problem has been fixed or do we throw more money down the drain?

4 minutes ago, baldy said:

I think it’s tough luck. However, with another game this Wednesday, are there any assurances that the problem has been fixed or do we throw more money down the drain?

Think you are probably right . Was planning on going Wednesday but might stay home now 😂

1 hour ago, Leroy said:

Take Boris Buffoon with you please.

3 hours ago, Leroy said:

Spectators are allowed at Porthleven Leroy & you & Mrs Whyte would be more than welcome.

Big match at Godolphin Way this evening when Bodmin Town comes to town looking forward tothat i will be there early to get photos of Bodmin warming up because i cant take photos in the dark with my cheap old camera .The G  have certainly got better and they got a good new centre half called Ryan Lavery who played very well vs St Dennis he will have his work cut out tonight if my fav player Adam Carter is playing coud be a good battle if he is ,but Bodmin still have so many good players in there team and a brilliant manager .Look foward to seeing you all there tonight

1 minute ago, 100%cornish said:

Big match at Godolphin Way this evening when Bodmin Town comes to town looking forward tothat i will be there early to get photos of Bodmin warming up because i cant take photos in the dark with my cheap old camera .The G  have certainly got better and they got a good new centre half called Ryan Lavery who played very well vs St Dennis he will have his work cut out tonight if my fav player Adam Carter is playing coud be a good battle if he is ,but Bodmin still have so many good players in there team and a brilliant manager .Look foward to seeing you all there tonight

Get a smart phone Cornish...take pictures in any light, or videos. 

1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Im no good with those things older too bloody compicated for me i wouldnt want to be permanently looking at it like my son always is im happy with my flip phone dont watch lots of floodlit football anyway hurts my eyes too much

Git outa it Cornish...simplest things in the world and I'm knocking 70 buddy. 

I only look at mine when I get a message...none of this social media crap for me buddy.

But technically they're brilliant. 

I think i should go do the Lottery tmmrw after i predicted that Bodmin would beat the G 4-0  and Adam Carter would get a hat trick ,Bodmin played lovelyfootball and they will be challenging for the league this season ,the G where holding Bodmin to 1-0 for such a long time then Bodmin got 3 quick goals but the G should fee proud of themselves tonight they played really well and Adam Carter was brilliant he always hes always been my favourite player and tonight he was unplayable but Ryan LAVERY will know he gave him a good battle .Bodmin attacked all the time Cam Turner was playing some lovely passes Sam Hillson was attacking all the time and the defence was well just really good .Welldone Bodmin i thought you where brilliant but also well done to the G you wont be playing teams of the calibre of Bodmin ever week and that win is not far away.Enjoyable evening in the fog better than being home on my own .MOM forBodmin the Brilliant Mr Adam Carter an dfor the G Ryan Lavery .Darren was nice to actually talk to you when you went toget the ball back you have a fine team i will be down to watch  St Blazey vs Bodmin Saturday  week because i have got to take someone yo the hospital so that should be a cracker game to watch .

4 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

I think i should go do the Lottery tmmrw after i predicted that Bodmin would beat the G 4-0  and Adam Carter would get a hat trick ,Bodmin played lovelyfootball and they will be challenging for the league this season ,the G where holding Bodmin to 1-0 for such a long time then Bodmin got 3 quick goals but the G should fee proud of themselves tonight they played really well and Adam Carter was brilliant he always hes always been my favourite player and tonight he was unplayable but Ryan LAVERY will know he gave him a good battle .Bodmin attacked all the time Cam Turner was playing some lovely passes Sam Hillson was attacking all the time and the defence was well just really good .Welldone Bodmin i thought you where brilliant but also well done to the G you wont be playing teams of the calibre of Bodmin ever week and that win is not far away.Enjoyable evening in the fog better than being home on my own .MOM forBodmin the Brilliant Mr Adam Carter an dfor the G Ryan Lavery .Darren was nice to actually talk to you when you went toget the ball back you have a fine team i will be down to watch  St Blazey vs Bodmin Saturday  week because i have got to take someone yo the hospital so that should be a cracker game to watch .

What match did you watch? Lovely football? Bodmin though they won by scoring 3 times in the last 5 minutes, were an absolute shambles for the money invested in that team. Gilby was far from happy.

21 minutes ago, silly billy said:

What match did you watch? Lovely football? Bodmin though they won by scoring 3 times in the last 5 minutes, were an absolute shambles for the money invested in that team. Gilby was far from happy.

It looked more likely that there would be a Godolphin equaliser rather than the 2nd goal. But godolphin were caught trying to play out from the back and all their hard work was wasted. 

Sticker 0-4 Camelford

Short trip to see this one tonight and one I was looking forward to, Camels against my ‘second’ team Sticker (who have been banging goals in so far this season). Thought initially the game may be abandoned due to fog, but it held off and we got a full game. 
Sticker we’re missing several players due to knocks and pulls and unfortunately it did show. Camels were missing players from their previous match but had a bit more strength in depth (meaning no disrespect to Sticker)
The game was controlled by Camelford, with a well marshalled defence and a midfield in command. First goal was a lovely run by Connor who beat his defender (despite an agricultural attempted tackle), cut back inside a slotted into the far bottom corner. 

Second goal was a Bobby free kick, glanced past the goalie by Ed - 2-0, Camelford had several further attempts and should have sealed the game but 2-0 at halftime. 
Second half was much the same - Sticker tried and tried but were second best to all 50/50 balls. Camelford actually started brightly in the second half - unlike their last three games and a cracking left foot shot from the edge of the box by Ed left the goalie wrong footed 3-0. 
Camelford should have scored more but Sticker never gave up and kept pushing. A fine run by Joe was finished with an excellent  low cross to the incoming Ed who finished with his right foot to complete his hat trick (head/ left foot / right foot) - game over 4-0.

Thats 3 wins and a draw for the Camels out of 4 and their second straight clean sheet (unheard of) - so a real tonic for Reg. 
Really hope Sticker get their players back fit and continue to push on, it’s a great club.Slight bit of irony is that both Camels scorers were encouraged into the game and coached as youngsters by Steve, the Sticker Manager, who for me is one, if not the best coach in the County  

Note on the Ref - very poor. He overruled his assistant several times (who was right), allowed bad tackles to go unpunished, including a penalty and then had to Manager a game where both teams could not believe his decision making. Two good assistants though. 

Mousehole 0 Helston 1 game abandoned after 65 or something like that injury to the keeper 

Mousehole play lovely football but didn't test the Helston defence tonight, Helston good on the break and would have clung on even with 10 and possibly nicked another on the break 

Great finish from Goldsworthy. Although it counts for nothing, Mousehole poor in front of goal tonight no real threat 

If you think that was a poor display by Bodmin last night Silly Bilyi hate to think what they they would be like if they played good ,i think you saw another match Bodmin where quick on the break Adam Carter was awsome midield with Reski an dTurner playing lovely long passes .Bodmin Goalie Chenoweth only had a couple   ofsaves to make 1 where he was lucky when he spilled the ball from a long shot but Ben couldnt follow up to score.Well i hought Bodmin where really good and if you think they where poor i think you need to go to Specsavers

2 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

If you think that was a poor display by Bodmin last night Silly Bilyi hate to think what they they would be like if they played good ,i think you saw another match Bodmin where quick on the break Adam Carter was awsome midield with Reski an dTurner playing lovely long passes .Bodmin Goalie Chenoweth only had a couple   ofsaves to make 1 where he was lucky when he spilled the ball from a long shot but Ben couldnt follow up to score.Well i hought Bodmin where really good and if you think they where poor i think you need to go to Specsavers

Bodmin should of scored at least 15 goals. Did you not hear one of the Bodmin players say "this is embarrassing? They were also falling out amongst themselves. No offence to Godolphin but if Bodmin play like that against a good side they will get hammered. Carter just stands in front the goal and just sticks a leg out to score. If Bodmin play like they did last night they'll finish mid table..........if they are lucky.

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

Bodmin should of scored at least 15 goals. Did you not hear one of the Bodmin players say "this is embarrassing? They were also falling out amongst themselves. No offence to Godolphin but if Bodmin play like that against a good side they will get hammered. Carter just stands in front the goal and just sticks a leg out to score. If Bodmin play like they did last night they'll finish mid table..........if they are lucky.

That message comes across a bit sour grapes given they won 4-0.

Hope Mouseholes keeper ok. Sounded a fairly needless challenge  judging by the referees ultimate decision!

18 minutes ago, Roche Raider said:

That message comes across a bit sour grapes given they won 4-0.

Hope Mouseholes keeper ok. Sounded a fairly needless challenge  judging by the referees ultimate decision!

No sour grapes at all. I'm from Bodmin. Lol. If you were there to witness it you would agree with me. Let's see what happens Saturday.

Carters link upplay was brilliant he shields the ball so well and brings other plays in for shots at goal he did that severel times last night andi watched him last night an di thought he was brilliant imnot being biased because hes been my fav player for about 10 years hes just a great player on the ground and in the air he said his 1st goal last night came off his shin he could of had a lot more than  3 last night he didnt do a lot in the 1st half but 2nd half he was unplayable ask Ryan Lavery he did a fine job marking him in the 1st half

1 hour ago, silly billy said:

" Stands in front of the goal and sticks a leg out "  Love it !!!   Blokes scored about 500 goals and you're saying he just sticks a leg out : )   Priceless 

4 hours ago, Roche Raider said:

The news on the keeper is good that he’s home from hospital and doing ok. As for the “needless challenge” - not sure where that’s come from! It was a striker going for the ball, personally I thought he was unlucky to get a red!

1 hour ago, Dave Deacon said:

The news on the keeper is good that he’s home from hospital and doing ok. As for the “needless challenge” - not sure where that’s come from! It was a striker going for the ball, personally I thought he was unlucky to get a red!

Glad Corey is okay he is a nice lad. Helston Twitter describes it as a clash between the GK and CB - wonder if they will appeal the red as both teams do video their games which is the only way you can appeal. 

9 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

Well I’m certainly no expert on Bodmin but watched last night & they did dominate the match aside of a 5 minute spell with about 15 to go there biggest problem was killing off Godolphin. With three goals coming in the last 8 or so minutes Godolphin could and would feel hard done by but had Bodmin hit the target in numerous other occasions they should of been out of sight a lot sooner . 
Only poor display last night was Mr Pastry on the line At the bottom end poor decision making when required. 

Well there you go - what do I know!

"Your comment about the red and I appreciate it's your opinion but I'm sorry your bang off with your opinion. Good job you're not a ref as I seen the video replay from the mousehole camera after and you can see clearly the push. The Cf pushes the def into the gker. Again it's your opinion BUT 3 senior county observers all said red card for the push. Maybe this forum should stop questioning referees and accept they put alot of time into getting where they are to officiate these games for you to watch. Maybe if massey installed some respect in that team at Helston then situation like that would not have happened..... clear red card all day ANY GAME. The goal keeper is luck to not have broke his neck with the fall."

I'm not making excuses for my earlier comment, but I couldn't see any push from my position - 60 yards away 😀👍! Of course, if I had been the ref, I would have been up with play as last night's was and I would have been able to see the push and judged accordingly. 

Unfortunately I didn't have the advantage of video playback and so cannot comment on that although you see this is where again opinions and angles come into play. I suggest this because I have been told by someone who saw video footage of the incident (not the Mousehole coverage) that "there is no evidence of a push from the angle that filming was done."

14 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Well there you go - what do I know!

"Your comment about the red and I appreciate it's your opinion but I'm sorry your bang off with your opinion. Good job you're not a ref as I seen the video replay from the mousehole camera after and you can see clearly the push. The Cf pushes the def into the gker. Again it's your opinion BUT 3 senior county observers all said red card for the push. Maybe this forum should stop questioning referees and accept they put alot of time into getting where they are to officiate these games for you to watch. Maybe if massey installed some respect in that team at Helston then situation like that would not have happened..... clear red card all day ANY GAME. The goal keeper is luck to not have broke his neck with the fall."

I'm not making excuses for my earlier comment, but I couldn't see any push from my position - 60 yards away 😀👍! Of course, if I had been the ref, I would have been up with play as last night's was and I would have been able to see the push and judged accordingly. 

Unfortunately I didn't have the advantage of video playback and so cannot comment on that although you see this is where again opinions and angles come into play. I suggest this because I have been told by someone who saw video footage of the incident (not the Mousehole coverage) that "there is no evidence of a push from the angle that filming was done."

Perhaps blue tinted glasses Dave🤣🤣

18 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

Believe one of the Penzance players tested positive for coronavirus. Still can see no reason why the rest of the team could not play!

At this moment in time, as far as I am aware he has not been tested positive! I believe the decision was the responsible way to deal with the matter. Hopefully for the sake of one postponement, they will all be back playing Saturday.

Dave - would be interested to know who wrote the text - I assume it was a DM to you. Shame they didn’t post it themselves. The forum is about opinions and for most of us they are genuine opinions as to how we saw things and that rightly includes good and bad about players and officials - as they are part of the match day experience, for which we pay good money. Please keep giving your opinions - at least they are in your name.
 I wasn’t at the game so can’t and wouldn’t comment on the incident - but I would ask one genuine (non Mousehole or Helston supporter) question of the refs out there:

if a player pushes a defender - foul (albeit a lot not given) and as a foul could warrant a yellow card. If the defender then hits the goal keeper who falls badly (and as I said early really glad Corey is feeling better) - does that make it a red card - viz does Commission of a foul vary as a consequence of the seriousness of the injury - forget the reckless element as you could never up hold that through an intermediary ie pushing the defender so as to recklessly endanger the goalie?

Just now, BIG AL said:

You are always correct of course.

Nothing to do with me being correct, just pointing out that you were incorrect with suggesting the guy was tested positive!

1 minute ago, Bobjfh said:

Dave - would be interested to know who wrote the text - I assume it was a DM to you. Shame they didn’t post it themselves.

Good god Bob! He or she has already come back and suggested to me that surprised I publicly posted his or her comments!

Last week I had grief while at a game for the "non-football tittle tattle that appears on here from serial offenders", we certainly need more football talk on here.

Just seen the video of the incident. Absolutely no evidence whatsoever of a push. Goalie comes for ball and gets flipped over his defender by his own momentum, not that of the defender or the attacker.Did the Lino give the Ref the nod that there was a push? These incidents are unfortunate but luckily rare in occurrence. Wishing the goalkeeper a speedy recovery wry.

9 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Nothing to do with me being correct, just pointing out that you were incorrect with suggesting the guy was tested positive!

Good god Bob! He or she has already come back and suggested to me that surprised I publicly posted his or her comments!

Last week I had grief while at a game for the "non-football tittle tattle that appears on here from serial offenders", we certainly need more football talk on here.

I read this in the paper this morning so I am not a liar!

4 minutes ago, BIG AL said:

I read this in the paper this morning so I am not a liar!

I'm not suggesting you're a liar, I'm just trying to make sure this forum is not the carrier of incorrect information.

The situation has obviously moved on from this newspaper report! https://www.falmouthpacket.co.uk/news/18721379.coronavirus-football-wendron-united-v-penzance-postponed/

However, just a thought, if he's been tested positive, how come we haven't heard yet that all Penzance matches in the next 14 days have been postponed?

11 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

So it’s okay for them to feel the right to have a go at you (which they did in the text) - without reply??? I’m sure it’s ‘water off a ducks back’ and please keep giving your public opinions - on the forum / in the podcast / in the magazine - does this person not know the time and effort you put in to promote local football - even if with slightly blue tinted glasses lol