Cornwall Football Forum

Clear up on team sheet rule

E mail went out yesterday please see below

Following the meeting of the league Committee on Thursday 10th it was agreed that untill further notice, Ithat due to restrictions set by the government, FA and the CCFA that the following be observed.
1. Team sheets should be completed as per rule and retained within the team sheet booklet. No copies should be swopped at any time with opponents or match officials. 
2 Opponents can, at completion of match, insist on viewing, but not touching, a fully completed team sheet. They can also, if they request take a photo of opponents teamsheets or request a photo copy be sent to club secretary at earliest opportunity. Failure to comply could result in a fine in line with tariff set out in league handbook. 
3 The referee should be vebally informed of teams substitute players names and shirt number while observing social distancing rules. 
4 Rule 21a. must still be observed. 
5 If requested by The Trelawny League a photo copy of the relevant teamsheets should be sent to the registration secretary. Failure to comply, rule 6h will apply. 
All teams should be reminded that they must make every effort to ensure that all players, officials and spectators are kept a safe as possible at all times. Any reported incidents of clubs not following guidelines will be forwarded to the relevant authorities. 
                Gerald Munden. League Chairman

Chris technically the team sheets are a league requirement not referee and refs were instructed last week not to exchange team sheets but note the subs and write them down in order to reduce social contact. For the last 2 weeks I have taken a photo of the completed sheets.......mainly because I’m a lazy git and can’t be arsed to write them down 😳🤨😂 The league instruction was released yesterday so your secretary should have passed it on to you prior to the game 😳

2 hours ago, Pitty said:

E mail went out yesterday please see below

Following the meeting of the league Committee on Thursday 10th it was agreed that untill further notice, Ithat due to restrictions set by the government, FA and the CCFA that the following be observed.
1. Team sheets should be completed as per rule and retained within the team sheet booklet. No copies should be swopped at any time with opponents or match officials. 
2 Opponents can, at completion of match, insist on viewing, but not touching, a fully completed team sheet. They can also, if they request take a photo of opponents teamsheets or request a photo copy be sent to club secretary at earliest opportunity. Failure to comply could result in a fine in line with tariff set out in league handbook. 
3 The referee should be vebally informed of teams substitute players names and shirt number while observing social distancing rules. 
4 Rule 21a. must still be observed. 
5 If requested by The Trelawny League a photo copy of the relevant teamsheets should be sent to the registration secretary. Failure to comply, rule 6h will apply. 
All teams should be reminded that they must make every effort to ensure that all players, officials and spectators are kept a safe as possible at all times. Any reported incidents of clubs not following guidelines will be forwarded to the relevant authorities. 
                Gerald Munden. League Chairman

Referees haven't been informed  of this. The only correspondence  has been from RAO which referred to ECPL only. Poor communication. 

I took it that as the advice had come from CCFA via ECPL and RAO the bit of common sense was to apply it universally 🥴

“Following advice from Richard Pallot(CCFA),the following will apply for this season. NO Teamsheets to be presented to the match referee:but Substitutes may be given verbally but not within the confines of his changing room.“

Some referees use an app called Refsix.

They've just incorporated a feature that allows them to put the Match details into their phone - the app then sends an email to the Club secretaries who can then upload their teamsheet via a form. It completely removes any form of touching/seeing physical teamsheet books.

It's also just incorporated a system where the referee could send a notification to the club with his Match Fee/expenses and it allows the club to pay directly into the referees PayPal.

Pretty decent update so long as clubs don't mind going  that extra bit 

51 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Are you suggesting some would cheat at Trelawny League level Chris?

it happens on a weekly basis at Trelawny level! and has done for years! i cant believe we are in 2020 (pandemic aside!) and we are still having this issue. As chris rightly said, clubs could draft in a few 'ringers' and there would be no way of knowing this for opposition teams, if in a crucial game it could be the difference between a league championship or relegation! 

what happened to the ID Card idea? like youth teams do? pre match around the centre circle etc? takes 2 mins?

There was an email from the League last week....

Basically, you still write out your teamsheets in your book as normal however, instead of taking a copy of your oppositions, you photograph it. That's what I'm doing when my team play.  A photo is just as good as the physical copy.

No issue with the verbal to the referee regarding subs. Referees should definitely ask to take a copy of teamsheets! I had to contact refs on a number of occasions last season, it's still a responsibility of theirs.

Issue of "Ringers" isn't as bad as it used to be thanks to the electronic systems - however, I've been told many times since I left my post that plenty of senior players and those registered with other teams played for various teams over the past few seasons... However, if it isn't brought up to whoever's the Reg Sec, nothing can be done.  More difficult to prove aswell. You get some very good players that are easily identifiable, however, many slip under the radar.

It's all down to the integrity on Team Managers :blink: