Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 12 SEPTEMBER 2020


Recommended Posts

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 12th

FA CUP

PRELIMINARY ROUND

Barnstaple Town              2-0     Helston Athletic

Frome Town                      3-0         Bodmin Town

Newton A Spurs               0-4        Larkhall Athletic

Saltash United                   1-0       Paulton Rovers

 

 

SWPL

EAST DIVISION

Bovey Tracey                 0-4          Torpoint Athletic

Brixham                           2-1        Torridgeside

Dartmouth                   2-0             Sidmouth Town

Holsworthy                   3-1             Ivybridge Town

Honiton Town              1-5         Ilfracombe Town

Millbrook                        5-1            Elmore

Plymouth Marjon         1-2      Cullompton Rangers

Stoke Gabriel             0-13            Crediton United

Torrington                     4-0          Axminster Town

 

WEST DIVISION

Camelford                      0-0            Newquay

Dobwalls                          3-1            Porthleven

Falmouth Town              2-3        Wadebridge Town

Liskeard Athletic             4-0       Penzance

St Austell                         1-6           Mousehole

St Blazey                     5-1            Callington Town

St Dennis                   1-1           Godolphin Atlantic

Sticker                          4-1          Launceston

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 12th

FA CUP

PRELIMINARY ROUND

Barnstaple Town              v             Helston Athletic

Frome Town                       v             Bodmin Town

Newton A Spurs                v             Larkhall Athletic

Saltash United                   v             Paulton Rovers

 

SWPL

EAST DIVISION

Bovey Tracey                     v              Torpoint Athletic

Brixham                               v              Torridgeside

Dartmouth                          v              Sidmouth Town

Holsworthy                         v              Ivybridge Town

Honiton Town                   v              Ilfracombe Town

Millbrook                             v              Elmore

Plymouth Marjon             v              Cullompton Rangers

Stoke Gabriel                     v              Crediton United

Torrington                           v              Axminster Town

 

WEST DIVISION

Camelford                           v              Newquay

Dobwalls                              v              Porthleven

Falmouth Town                 v              Wadebridge Town

Liskeard Athletic               v              Penzance

St Austell                             v              Mousehole

St Blazey                              v              Callington Town

St Dennis                             v              Godolphin Atlantic

Sticker                                  v              Launceston

 

Frome 3-0 Bodmin

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back from watching the G Vs St Dennis in a 1-1  draw fair enough result really in a scrappy game with some strange decisions from ref the G scored and the ref dissalowed it because a g player was blocking the St Dennis goalies view ,1sthalf not much to say G caught offside all the time .2nd half big improvement Andy G manager brought on Super sub Ben Colqhoun and he scored 5 mins with a well placed header over the St Dennis keeper ,there lead was to last about 5 mins and Paul Robertson equalised for St Dennis which was fair really both sides went for the winner with St Dennis striking the crossbar then a brilliant clearance by Kieran Burt to clear off the line for the G and right at the end a St Dennis player given a free header inches out put his header wide dont know how he could miss .Very enjoyable afternoon lovely ground i will be there again very soon such a friendly club .A draw was a fair result i dont like to complain about refs but i thought the 1 this afternoon was poor and made some strange decisions . Mom  goes for me to there new player Lavery and to St Dennis Paul Robertson if this is the same Robertson that played for Perranporth he must be getting on but he had a fine game for a old un

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saltash 1 Paulton Rovers 0 attendance 166. All very covid spread out around all 4 sides of Kimberley!!!

The lads confounded a team 2 divisions higher. Defence and midfield were magnificent today and didnt put a foot wrong. Paulton went down to 10 men after 30ish mins after a nasty 2 footed challenge on Henry Wilson. But after that and after peppering the Ashes goal the last 20 minutes we held out and go through. Our goal I think was a OG after a cracking Tom Moxham cross.

Question is... do we want home or away in the next round? 

 

Can I say Paulton Rovers fans and committee were excellent and friendly bunch - a lot of memories shared from the Western League days in the late 80s and 90s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 100%cornish said:

Back from watching the G Vs St Dennis in a 1-1  draw fair enough result really in a scrappy game with some strange decisions from ref the G scored and the ref dissalowed it because a g player was blocking the St Dennis goalies view ,1sthalf not much to say G caught offside all the time .2nd half big improvement Andy G manager brought on Super sub Ben Colqhoun and he scored 5 mins with a well placed header over the St Dennis keeper ,there lead was to last about 5 mins and Paul Robertson equalised for St Dennis which was fair really both sides went for the winner with St Dennis striking the crossbar then a brilliant clearance by Kieran Burt to clear off the line for the G and right at the end a St Dennis player given a free header inches out put his header wide dont know how he could miss .Very enjoyable afternoon lovely ground i will be there again very soon such a friendly club .A draw was a fair result i dont like to complain about refs but i thought the 1 this afternoon was poor and made some strange decisions . Mom  goes for me to there new player Lavery and to St Dennis Paul Robertson if this is the same Robertson that played for Perranporth he must be getting on but he had a fine game for a old un

Told you I’d score when I come on Steve! Didn’t realise it would be as quick as it was though 😄 Good to see you and Smokie as always mate 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit confused.  I was at Saltash v Paulton taking pics.  It would appear that Tom Moxham is credited with the goal.    From what I saw Moxham crossed the ball.  The ball rebounded out to a defender who looked to have headed it in to his own net although Thomson according to my picture looked as if the ball went in off his head.  The question is was the ball already over the line from Moxham's cross.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done to Sticker with a 4-1 win against a Launceston team that have not started the new season well.
With 11 goals to their credit already this season, if they can tighten up at the back, Sticker may suprise a few this season.
We may pop down to see them against Reg Hamblys Camelford on Tuesday evening, always a good time had down there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 12 SEPTEMBER 2020
  • Dave Deacon unpinned this topic

Camelford 0-0 Newquay

Lovely sunny afternoon on a great playing surface with an attendance of just over 90. 

This was a game of two halves - first half saw Camelford dominate possession in the midfield and looking very comfortable in defence - however they created very few clear chances. What possession Newquay had was nullified in midfield. The half saw a fair few ‘tasty’ challenges and with another referee could have seen Newquay pick up a few yellows - but the ref obviously wanted to manage the game without cards and good on him. 
Second half started very briskly - I’m not sure if it was a Camels slow start or Newquay’s explosive start. Camels had had to make a few unsettling changes due to first half injuries but credit must go to Newquay. Within the first couple of minutes Buster in the Camels goal made a fantastic double save - and had he not the game would probably have gone Newquay’s way. Louis Price for Newquay was virtually unplayable for the first 20 minutes of the second half, forcing Reg to make a tactical change - however despite the attacking excellence Newquay did not really create any more clear chances. Camels steadied as the half went on but never really challenged the Newquay goal. 
Then in the 93min - Newquay were awarded a penalty - clear cut and no complaints but saddening after a 48 minute ‘rear guard’ performance. Penalty was powerfully struck to the bottom left, but again Buster made a fantastic save (his second penalty save in 3 games) and made himself big enough for the follow up to be blasted over - last kick of the game 0-0.

For a 0-0 draw this was a very good game and value for the £5, Newquay will feel they deserved more but for the first half and solid defending in the second half Camels deserved a point. 

I was very impressed with Newquay and whilst very early in the season - with their squad I can see them top 3/4.

Ref and officials had good solid games
 

On to the high scoring Stickies on Tuesday and good luck to Reg for Monday from all Camels. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Clubman said:

Can you give me next Saturdays winning lottery  numbers then? Or are you Mystic Meg in disguise? If you knew that result

 It quite that accurate, my prediction was 2 nil to Wadebridge. From what I am told there is a lack of fitness throughout the Falmouth team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

That’s high praise 👍

Dave - they put out a strong team, had top rate subs and had three quality players out with knocks and when flowing were very good - bearing in mind they put 2 past St Blazey in 30 minutes as well. I honestly think that any team in the league can takes points off another (maybe Helston /  Mousehole or Saltash would argue) and it will come down to squad depth rather than starting 11’s over the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bobjfh said:

Camelford 0-0 Newquay

Lovely sunny afternoon on a great playing surface with an attendance of just over 90. 

This was a game of two halves - first half saw Camelford dominate possession in the midfield and looking very comfortable in defence - however they created very few clear chances. What possession Newquay had was nullified in midfield. The half saw a fair few ‘tasty’ challenges and with another referee could have seen Newquay pick up a few yellows - but the ref obviously wanted to manage the game without cards and good on him. 
Second half started very briskly - I’m not sure if it was a Camels slow start or Newquay’s explosive start. Camels had had to make a few unsettling changes due to first half injuries but credit must go to Newquay. Within the first couple of minutes Buster in the Camels goal made a fantastic double save - and had he not the game would probably have gone Newquay’s way. Louis Price for Newquay was virtually unplayable for the first 20 minutes of the second half, forcing Reg to make a tactical change - however despite the attacking excellence Newquay did not really create any more clear chances. Camels steadied as the half went on but never really challenged the Newquay goal. 
Then in the 93min - Newquay were awarded a penalty - clear cut and no complaints but saddening after a 48 minute ‘rear guard’ performance. Penalty was powerfully struck to the bottom left, but again Buster made a fantastic save (his second penalty save in 3 games) and made himself big enough for the follow up to be blasted over - last kick of the game 0-0.

For a 0-0 draw this was a very good game and value for the £5, Newquay will feel they deserved more but for the first half and solid defending in the second half Camels deserved a point. 

I was very impressed with Newquay and whilst very early in the season - with their squad I can see them top 3/4.

Ref and officials had good solid games
 

On to the high scoring Stickies on Tuesday and good luck to Reg for Monday from all Camels. 

Pretty much how the game turned out Bob, Newquay were impressive but seem to struggle with the final ball after excellent approach work, having said that the Camels ain't no mugs and played well but didn't create many chances Josh in goal made  match saving saves and handled well throughout, 5star performance from him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Philheybrookbay said:

Saltash 1 Paulton Rovers 0 attendance 166. All very covid spread out around all 4 sides of Kimberley!!!

 

Also at Saltash for this one.

Big scalp and a tremendous result for the club.

Scrappy, tense, full on tussle even after Paulton went down to 10 men.

Was initially impressed with the way Saltash implemented the Covid precautions. Temperature check, track and trace and general instructions all in place. Spectators were sensibly distanced on the open sides of the ground although half the stand nearest the clubhouse was a bit full. Nothing too much to bother about until the last 20 minutes, a significantly large number of younger people mysteriously gathered outside the clubhouse down near the snack bar corner flag. They were all on the ale and literally packed tight shoulder to shoulder part blocking the access path to the rest of the ground and the main gate. This big group didn't appear to be watching the game and certainly weren't around earlier during the match. How they got in and why there wasn't an announcement on the tannoy to politely advise them to observe ground regulations was a bit of a concern, it obviously put a stain on the good work Saltash had earlier put in to make the stadium a covid safe environment. Sad to see this section of the crowd acting in such a fashion, even with 24/7 news media promotion a certain section of society are simply failing to get the message.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I noticed, during the month that I allowed myself to go out to the local club (daytime only and sat outside). Week one (the week of restricted hours reopening), people followed the arrows, respected the taped off seats, and were social distancing. By the last week before I gave up and returned to isolation, people were trying to stand at the bar, despite appeals from the bar staff, moving chairs so that all the untaped ones were gathered together and some of the youngsters were pushing past people, crowding the toilets and ignoring the sanitizer.

Memories are short and many revert to type. Yes, I did report it to the chairman who was reluctant to sanction miscreants, as they were the “big spenders” and the club had lost out during the lockdown.

Sadly the club and many like it will undoubtedly pay for it with further forced closures, because as Older says clubs/pubs/nightclubs are a hot bed of infection getting worse as people forget/ignore the rules.

In the end we all suffer because of the (largish) minority. I meanwhile remain thirsty, cans and bottles don’t really do it for me!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...