Cornwall Football Forum

Parkway v Exmouth

Just back from watching a great battle between parkway and exmouth tonight at Bolitho 

Thought parkway dominated the first half without really testing the keeper and exmouth defended brilliantly untill the best player on the pitch Harrison Davies put in a quality ball That  was finished off to put parkway 1 up. 

The 2nd half parkway seem to come out a little sluggish and let exmouth get back into the game. Lots of arguments between players , people getting on each other backs. Eventually  a Great ball from Ryan Richards found mikey Williams who poked it home to give parkway breathing space .  And that  should have been that, but the scuffle at the end that saw river Allen red carded for a stupid 2 footed tackle  with a minute to go will have taken the gloss off the result. 

Looking at parkway they have enough quality to win the league easy but they have to get on top of the constant dissent from farken and the Keeper I’m all for passion but constant swearing , shouting and screaming in the face of the ref and linesman  at every opportunity is not going down well with a lot people in the crowd 

River Allen and Harrison Davies are stand out players in that team both  way to good for that level, if parkway can keep them they win that league easy 

Still a great 3 points for parkway. 

4 hours ago, MTC said:

Fair comments, but  IF Town had managed to pull back to 1-1 when Jordan Harris had his shot saved, it could have been interesting.

Fair play to Parkway with River Allens silly challenge ,they can just go out and get Levi Landricombe to replace him or add to the squad.

UTT

Levi was already signed on as he played in pre season. And I imagine Shane Krac will just come on to fill for river Allen. 

I do believe parkway only just really getting going at the minute when they do all click well they will take some stopping 

5 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

So Levi Landricombe has gone back to play for Plymouth Parkway i expect this will signal the end of Ryan Richards stay at Parkway and i think he will go back to Saltash or to Bodmin to rejoin his old strike partner Adam Carter there

Doubt it. Would imagine they will all stay At parkway. 

Richards started the last game with Levi. 

They have signed another forward veil from Willand i believe so that 4 they have now ,mind  you after watching Matt Wright against exmouth he looks way off being fit yet and I believe he struggling with injury 

4 hours ago, Keith B said:

Foul language towards officials should have brought more red cards. Parkway keeper has long time form for this. If the officials are weak this will never end. Crowds don't like it and many stay away because of it.

It has got a lot worse has to be said. 

And it has been mentioned around the ground. Especially when the home keeper is running 20 30 yards to shout and swear at a ref or player  every opportunity but it seems parkway are not bothered and maybe a stronger ref should be sending them off before anything done 

Just now, sportsman10 said:

And it has been mentioned around the ground. Especially when the home keeper is running 20 30 yards to shout and swear at a ref or player  every opportunity but it seems parkway are not bothered 

Kyle Moore has got it in him to be a top goalkeeper, but this side of his game is something he has to get under control. 

3 hours ago, sportsman10 said:

And it has been mentioned around the ground. Especially when the home keeper is running 20 30 yards to shout and swear at a ref or player  every opportunity but it seems parkway are not bothered and maybe a stronger ref should be sending them off before anything done 

Do the refs have the balls to do this? They’re good @ doing easy things😐

• 8 months later...

Town are ticking over & looking forward to 20/21 season. 
Plenty of ground improvements since last season closed, new pathways, fences, turnstiles, irrigation system, players & officials entrance.More disabled parking spaces/ preferential seats etc.    
Seems like more teams throwing more money at promotion. Maybe Bristol area clubs trying to get away from Devon/Cornwall trips. Might make the Division more open! Let’s hope we can complete a season.

Yours in Sport😁👍