Cornwall Football Forum

Midweek matches with results as they get completed - Monday 7th - Wednesday 9th September 2020

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 7TH

SWPL

EAST DIVISION

Crediton United        0-2      Ilfracombe Town

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 8TH

SWPL

Cullompton Rangers   2-2   Honiton Town

Holsworthy   1-4   Torrington

Plymouth Marjon   0-7   Elburton Villa

WEST DIVISION

Camelford   3-1   Godolphin Atlantic

Launceston   1-3   Dobwalls

Liskeard Athletic   1-2   St Dennis

Mousehole      3-0   Porthleven

Wadebridge Town   5-3   Sticker

Wendron United   2-5   Helston Athletic

WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 9TH

SWPL

EAST DIVISION

Axminster Town   1-3   Elmore

Bovey Tracey   0-6   Brixham

Ivybridge Town   0-1   Millbrook

Newton Abbot Spurs   4-1   Sidmouth Town

WEST DIVISION

Bodmin Town   2-2   Callington Town

Saltash United     4-4   St Austell

St Blazey   A-A   Newquay (floodlight failure)

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Midweek matches with results as they get completed - Monday 7th - Wednesday 9th September 2020

Wendron 2-5 Helston

Helston very dangerous playing at very fast pace and front three of Buchan, Goldsworthy and Tucker always going to be likely to get a goal from somewhere. I did fear for Wendron at one stage, but they kept at it and kept score line reasonable. If only they could have one of the strikers the opposition have available to choose from!

Surface looked amazing 👍

The Curse of the Floodlights happened tonight at St Blazey when they failed they forgot to put 50p in the meter  lol Newquay where winning 2-0 and was looking like another 3 points but no game abandoned and Blazey had Jack Calver playing think hes at Parkway or TIVERTON and on teh bench Levi Landricombe and no Dan Perryman .Shame on Newquay they are looking good but its turning into a crazy season after 2 games especially with St Austell winning 4-2vs Saltash at the moment .Off to St Dennis to watch the G Play there this weekend should be a good match the Rickard boys and Jacob ROWE good side there and ex newquay and G goalie Ryan Holland as well  .

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

Wendron 2-5 Helston

Helston very dangerous playing at very fast pace and front three of Buchan, Goldsworthy and Tucker always going to be likely to get a goal from somewhere. I did fear for Wendron at one stage, but they kept at it and kept score line reasonable. If only they could have one of the strikers the opposition have available to choose from!

Surface looked amazing 👍

Saw this as well. Pitch looks the dogs goolies, well done from me.

Wendron I thought matched Helston well for a lot of the game but gave too many easy balls away in the final third.

Take Tucker away and Helston would not do that well, he looked the main man to me, very impressed with the Wendron number 11 though, when he learns positional play better he could go to any club. 

All round well controlled in the ground with a plethora of marshalls and distancing control...well done to Wendron from me.

Bloody cold up there again though! 

BODMIN TOWN 2 CALLINGTON TOWN 2
Attendance: 78 (specsaver head count)
Admission: 4 quid concession
Programme: Half a side of an A4 sheet with a few lines of club news & squad lists (free)
Weather: Late evening sunshine with a hint of autumnal chill later on
Parking: Spacious adjacent Council car park (free after 3pm, check if you're going Saturdays)

Club used twitter to ask spectators to bring along personal details on a slip of paper which in turn made for easy access at the pay shack. Also got a temperature check and the availability of sanitiser. The tannoy announcer emphasised Covid precautions on a few occasions but not to the point it became over the top. Some stand (bench type) seats had tape on them in an attempt to stop people sitting on them. Fair to say Bodmin did a pretty good job as regards sensible precautions.

Priory Park has a reasonably big stand for this level of football, it provides excellent views of the pitch and has some welcome character about it, such a refreshing change from the boring flat pack structures which seem to have swamped vast tracts of South West non league. When you add two large grass banks behind each end and the open vista of the opposite touchline there is more than adequate space for even the most militant Covid denier to socially distance. Watch out if you stand on that touchline opposite the stand though, you're expected to fag the ball after some centre back has blasted it into the Ryan Air flight path. You're not supposed to pick the ball up either, I attempted booting it back to the impatient player waiting 50 yards back at the advertising boards only to nearly do a double loop on the dew ridden grass (not the Inside Forward Playboy I used to be). Pants wiped I skulked back to the touchline in shame.

Locals in the know (not me) reckon Bodmin have spent the grass roots equivalent of cash crazy Chelsea signing up regional fancy dan players pre season. They got lumped 3-1 at youthful Liskeard Athletic last Friday night but the experts reckoned it was just a blip and a slow starting Callington were going to get a right tonking tonight. Such an inspiring surprise for the neutral expecting one way traffic that plucky Callington didn't just hold their own in the first half, they systematically cut the Bodmin galacticos apart.

After a mid half reshuffle Bodmin had got it back to 2-2 by the break but there were already grumblings from the regulars up the back of the stand.

The second period was pretty much shared-spoils on chances but one had to feel sorry for Callington in respect of some of the decisions going against them from the officials. Lets politely suggest the well documented (dare I say) 'famous' home bench amatuer dramatics may possibly have made an impression on the Referee and stand side Linesman. They won't be the first men in black to be vocally persuaded into the arts of Priory Park favouritism. My sincere apology if I'm wrong, it just looked that way.

Not a bad match. Bodmin will be smarting to see some kind of return on the outlay of dosh but Callington must be pleased at getting a well earned away point here.

Match Rating 6/10

18 hours ago, 100%cornish said:

The Curse of the Floodlights happened tonight at St Blazey when they failed they forgot to put 50p in the meter  lol Newquay where winning 2-0 and was looking like another 3 points but no game abandoned and Blazey had Jack Calver playing think hes at Parkway or TIVERTON and on teh bench Levi Landricombe and no Dan Perryman .Shame on Newquay they are looking good but its turning into a crazy season after 2 games especially with St Austell winning 4-2vs Saltash at the moment .Off to St Dennis to watch the G Play there this weekend should be a good match the Rickard boys and Jacob ROWE good side there and ex newquay and G goalie Ryan Holland as well  .

Thought Jack Calver had signed for Liskeard when he’s not playing for Biddeford, was on the latest transfer list?

On 08/09/2020 at 22:15, Team Rep said:

Tuesday 8/9/2020 West Division

Full time result 
Camelford 3  -  1 Godolphin

Camelford 3v1 Godolphin

Pitch was immaculate and a decent turn out of supporters

Firstly, hats off to Godolphin, who last year were unfortunately struggling. They have brought through some young players from their u18’s of a couple of years ago, retained some of their loyal players and now have a good squad who will give any team a good game and will pick up points. 

Camels started the game with 4 of the starting team from the previous game on the bench. It is great that the Camels have a squad in depth - but it does come at a price over ensuring everyone has game time, especially when some players will leave the area over the next couple of months and not wanting to lose other players before that. There is also an issue with some players trying to do too much - which as a Camels supporter for several years is frustrating - the team was always about playing for each other - good or bad. 

Anyway - Camels started well and had most of the possession. The game was consistently broken up by niggly fouls in midfield by Godolphin - nothing major and a bit of youthful inexperience. The Ref compounded it by doing absolutely nothing, awarding free kicks or advantage but allowing it to go on.  Camels took a 1-0 lead through a Bobby free kick from 30 yards out and were comfortable at 2-0 following a Leighton tap in before half time. 

Second half started with Godolphin looking the more sprightly - Camelfords midfield looked sloppy and the game became more broken and competitive. Godolphin scored a good goal (sorry I don’t know the player) with some decent build up beforehand. 2-1. 

The game became more end to end stuff until Camels made 3 substitutions and brought some calm / control back, scoring a third from a Boxy left foot curler from the right edge of the box. They should have had a penalty prior to that when a foul 2 yards in the box was given by the ref as outside - it was sooooo obvious and he never even consulted his assistant -I do know it was in the Refs ‘area of the field’ but was so obvious??

Godolphin kept pushing though and had a couple of decent chances. Camels also had Gus sent off for two yellow cards (the first was for a push and deserved, the second was two Camels players tackling the same player - if there was a foul it was not by Gus but the other lad). 

Game finished 3-1, a game Camels deserved but Godolphin could have nipped something 

In my last report I praised the Referee, in this one I can’t - both were wins, so it not sour grapes - this official is so full of his own importance as to detract from the actual football. Sorry to say it (I am not a ref basher) but as a paying spectator I expect at least consistency.

1 hour ago, Bobjfh said:

Camelford 3v1 Godolphin

Pitch was immaculate and a decent turn out of supporters

Firstly, hats off to Godolphin, who last year were unfortunately struggling. They have brought through some young players from their u18’s of a couple of years ago, retained some of their loyal players and now have a good squad who will give any team a good game and will pick up points. 

Camels started the game with 4 of the starting team from the previous game on the bench. It is great that the Camels have a squad in depth - but it does come at a price over ensuring everyone has game time, especially when some players will leave the area over the next couple of months and not wanting to lose other players before that. There is also an issue with some players trying to do too much - which as a Camels supporter for several years is frustrating - the team was always about playing for each other - good or bad. 

Anyway - Camels started well and had most of the possession. The game was consistently broken up by niggly fouls in midfield by Godolphin - nothing major and a bit of youthful inexperience. The Ref compounded it by doing absolutely nothing, awarding free kicks or advantage but allowing it to go on.  Camels took a 1-0 lead through a Bobby free kick from 30 yards out and were comfortable at 2-0 following a Leighton tap in before half time. 

Second half started with Godolphin looking the more sprightly - Camelfords midfield looked sloppy and the game became more broken and competitive. Godolphin scored a good goal (sorry I don’t know the player) with some decent build up beforehand. 2-1. 

The game became more end to end stuff until Camels made 3 substitutions and brought some calm / control back, scoring a third from a Boxy left foot curler from the right edge of the box. They should have had a penalty prior to that when a foul 2 yards in the box was given by the ref as outside - it was sooooo obvious and he never even consulted his assistant -I do know it was in the Refs ‘area of the field’ but was so obvious??

Godolphin kept pushing though and had a couple of decent chances. Camels also had Gus sent off for two yellow cards (the first was for a push and deserved, the second was two Camels players tackling the same player - if there was a foul it was not by Gus but the other lad). 

Game finished 3-1, a game Camels deserved but Godolphin could have nipped something 

In my last report I praised the Referee, in this one I can’t - both were wins, so it not sour grapes - this official is so full of his own importance as to detract from the actual football. Sorry to say it (I am not a ref basher) but as a paying spectator I expect at least consistency.

Unfortunately you don’t get that with the refs in this league..