Cornwall Football Forum

United v A*****l

Peck1961

Let's play a guessing game,

What excuses will Wenger come out with after the match?

Injuries,

Sending off,

Biased Ref,

We had more passes, so we deserved to win,

On second thoughts he'll probably just claim he didn't see anything and it's all been an elaborate wind-up!!!

The potential trophies you boys can win are gradually dwindling!

First the Lilywhites spank you in the Carling Cup,

now United spank you in the FA Cup,

next up is current Champions League holders Milan.

Once you choke in the League run in it'll be another trophyless season at the Emirates, Wenger could be in line for the chop at this rate!!

Does Wenger really want to get hammered this evening, now he's bringing the new Donkey on Phillipe Senderos!

Gonna settle back for some more laugh-a-minute defending from the Arse!

Nothing will distract from that shocker, except for maybe Adebayor and Bendtner finishing off today what they started at the Lane a couple of weeks ago!

That would round off a very entertaining 90 mins (not to mention profitable - £20 on Utd to win at 11/10, thanks for coming!!)

What a bore of a game!! only one team in it, probably cost a bomb to get in, rubbish. Local footy anyday!! Premiership, best league in the world....ya avin a laugh. To predictable, 3 team win week in, week out, fulham 0v0 Derby....sounds a cracker!! Look outside the premiership, its good if you look!! Rant over!!

The sending off i thought was a bit harsh (not being biased but even a man u fan said the same) ( oh and i've drank too much to care about spelling). We lost so what, 4 games all season in all comps ain't bad going. Still 1 less the what man u have lost ( i think) :D :drink:

The sending off i thought was a bit harsh (not being biased but even a man u fan said the same) ( oh and i've drank too much to care about spelling). We lost so what, 4 games all season in all comps ain't bad going. Still 1 less the what man u have lost ( i think) :D:drink:

your joking rite?

please tell me you are joking he karate kicked a man united player

god its so good to see arsenal leaving every competition cant wait for there drubbing in champs league

peck you couldnt of write that any better made me laugh alot mate :c:

Guest stealth

peck1961 1ST OF ALL WE GOT BEAT FAIR AND SQUARE BY A BETTER TEAM BUT WOT MADE ME LAUGH WAS WHEN THE COMMENTATOR SAID (YOU CAN SEE WOT THE F.A CUP MEANS TO UTD PLAYERS WITH THE WAY THEYBOUNCED BACK FROM LAST WEEK. BUT DO THEY FOR GET IT DIDNT MEAN MUCH TO THEM WHEN THEY DIDNT ENTER THE CUP A COUPLE OF SEASONS AGO TO LIE ON THE BEECH :ninja: AND NOT WIN A GAME IN BRASIL

I don't know if you would agree or may be this is just a one off season. But are the premier division sides not really taking the cup seriously (using fringe players) or have the managers got to much arrogance in thinking these players would be good enough to win against lesser opposition.

They are now paying the price. Portsmouth are only on the round today because of goalkeeper James otherwise Argyle would have seen off the rest.

Being a United fan I was delighted with the result but I think Arsene had eyes more on the league title.

What say you all.

peck1961 1ST OF ALL WE GOT BEAT FAIR AND SQUARE BY A BETTER TEAM BUT WOT MADE ME LAUGH WAS WHEN THE COMMENTATOR SAID (YOU CAN SEE WOT THE F.A CUP MEANS TO UTD PLAYERS WITH THE WAY THEYBOUNCED BACK FROM LAST WEEK. BUT DO THEY FOR GET IT DIDNT MEAN MUCH TO THEM WHEN THEY DIDNT ENTER THE CUP A COUPLE OF SEASONS AGO TO LIE ON THE BEECH :ninja: AND NOT WIN A GAME IN BRASIL

You're right the Arse were definitely beaten by a bigger & better CLUB!!

I didn't pick up the comment by the commentators that you've highlighted though, probably because I was too busy laughing at Nani taking the p*ss out of those Gooners!

Hoyte, Flamini & Gallas all tried kicking, punching or headbutting him, but they couldn't even do that right last night, that's how bad they were!!!

Mind you, the FA Cup is just a mickey mouse cup, everyone knows the Carling Cup is the bigger cup competition in this country, and that little trophy will be going to Mighty Lilywhites next Sunday and will be joined later in the season by the UEFA Cup, the 'Chosen One' Juande is starting to work his magic!

Beware boys and girls, the monopoly at the top next season will be under serious threat from Juande Ramos' Blue & White Army! ;)

The sending off i thought was a bit harsh (not being biased but even a man u fan said the same) ( oh and i've drank too much to care about spelling). We lost so what, 4 games all season in all comps ain't bad going. Still 1 less the what man u have lost ( i think) :D:drink:

May only be 4 games in all competitions Anita, but there's been some bloody great spankings in those few defeats. :D :yahoo:

May only be 4 games in all competitions Anita, but there's been some bloody great spankings in those few defeats. :D:yahoo:

Nothing wrong with a good spanking every now and again :P

Being an Arsenal supporter, I was left gutted at the result. However, it amuses me in a way that many comments I hear on the radio etc since doesn't give Man U the credit, rather Arsenal "failed to turn up". Rubbish. Arsenal did turn up and went out to win the game. They got turned over well and truly by a fantastic Man U display. Thank god Ronaldo wasn't playing, he would have had gone mad and destroyed us even more.

The sending off was harsh, but Gallas should have walked and Adebayor's attempt at getting a penalty was embarrasing.

It is not the end of Arsenal's season. European football suits the players better than the Premier League matches in many ways, so who knows. And I do not think they will lose form in the league. They have a great shot at the title from their present position, but the games away at Man U and Chelsea are going to sort it all out I reckon.

UP THE GUNNERS!

It is not the end of Arsenal's season. European football suits the players better than the Premier League matches in many ways, so who knows. And I do not think they will lose form in the league. They have a great shot at the title from their present position, but the games away at Man U and Chelsea are going to sort it all out I reckon.

I think you are spot on there mangle but on saturdays performance arsenal are gonna have to do something differant in the league games or united will blow them away in that game aswell seeing as they will have ronaldo and tevez back for that game should be very entertaining for the neutral.

As for europe I think milan will prove to strong for you but time will tell.

You're right the Arse were definitely beaten by a bigger & better CLUB!!

I didn't pick up the comment by the commentators that you've highlighted though, probably because I was too busy laughing at Nani taking the p*ss out of those Gooners!

Hoyte, Flamini & Gallas all tried kicking, punching or headbutting him, but they couldn't even do that right last night, that's how bad they were!!!

Mind you, the FA Cup is just a mickey mouse cup, everyone knows the Carling Cup is the bigger cup competition in this country, and that little trophy will be going to Mighty Lilywhites next Sunday and will be joined later in the season by the UEFA Cup, the 'Chosen One' Juande is starting to work his magic!

Beware boys and girls, the monopoly at the top next season will be under serious threat from Juande Ramos' Blue & White Army! ;)

peck1961, I see your new to the forum and have not posted that much, I also see your a SPUDS fan which is why you proberly dont know to much about football and success, (before you say it yes i support the Hammers and were not exactly top of the trophy charts either), I have to say i did hear the commentator say how much the F.A Cup means to the players and i agree with Stealth on this one i thought to that it was a load of old Bo**ocks :SM_carton:

I expect the truth is that Sir Alex Ferguson proberly realises that he may not win the league title this season and what with Chelscum about to win the Coca cola Cup he must at least take one piece of silverware away with him this season :D

Anyway i could go on but lets face it Arsenal were undone by a very good Manchester UTD side that to be fair would have beaten nearly any team who was unlucky enough to play them that day. :clapper:

Anita likes a good spanking :D:D:D :D

I apologise for not coming on here sooner and taking the abuse!!! god blimey!!

I dish it out and therefore I sure know how to take it. I was going to stay in Saturday night but ended up going out at 6:30pm therefore getting all the stick over and done with. Sunday morning was just as bad as well, cheers for that Pidge!

I sat and watched 90 mins of it on the computer and to say Liverpool dominated would be an understatement, just couldn't score!! so yeah, we were shocking.

Still, role on Inter Milan on Tuesday, we'll win that 2 nil, and then I'll be over in Milan cheering the reds on as ever as we march onto our 6th European Cup. And if we lose, I'll make sure I'm back on here the day after so you can take the piss!!!

I thank you!!

peck1961, I see your new to the forum and have not posted that much

Not new to the forum, been using it for a few years, it's just I can't be bothered to get involved in all the juvenile 'we love/hate Truro City FC' discussons that bore me silly, at the end of the day they are just tinpot wannabes who think they're bigger than they are, or ever could be (Cornwall will always be a Rugby county!), they'll get as far as the Southern Prem, maybe Conference South and hit a glass ceiling, continue to get crowds of 500 - 1000 and live happily ever after! And that's from a Truro lad born & bred!

and what with Chelscum about to win the Coca cola Cup

We'll wait and see, I'm quietly confident! B)

Anyway i could go on but lets face it Arsenal were undone by a very good Manchester UTD side that to be fair would have beaten nearly any team who was unlucky enough to play them that day.

Couldn't score 5 against them though could they!!

Anita likes a good spanking

What Anita does in her spare time is entirely up to her!!! ;)

peck1961, I see your new to the forum and have not posted that much

Not new to the forum, been using it for a few years, it's just I can't be bothered to get involved in all the juvenile 'we love/hate Truro City FC' discussons that bore me silly, at the end of the day they are just tinpot wannabes who think they're bigger than they are, or ever could be (Cornwall will always be a Rugby county!), they'll get as far as the Southern Prem, maybe Conference South and hit a glass ceiling, continue to get crowds of 500 - 1000 and live happily ever after! And that's from a Truro lad born & bred!

and what with Chelscum about to win the Coca cola Cup

We'll wait and see, I'm quietly confident! B)

Anyway i could go on but lets face it Arsenal were undone by a very good Manchester UTD side that to be fair would have beaten nearly any team who was unlucky enough to play them that day.

Couldn't score 5 against them though could they!!

Anita likes a good spanking

What Anita does in her spare time is entirely up to her!!! ;)

I never mentioned Truro ? :unsure:

1-0 is 1-0 and 4-0 is 4-0 so 5 doesnt make to much of a difference im sure, The Spuds won and for you it was a great result, Enjoy your final fella.

I understand that what Anita gets up to is her own business (Its called banter) and some of us enjoy it.

Anyway chap as i said Enjoy your cup final, Are you going or just watching on the box ?

I never mentioned Truro ? :unsure:

1-0 is 1-0 and 4-0 is 4-0 so 5 doesnt make to much of a difference im sure, The Spuds won and for you it was a great result, Enjoy your final fella.

I understand that what Anita gets up to is her own business (Its called banter) and some of us enjoy it.

Anyway chap as i said Enjoy your cup final, Are you going or just watching on the box ?

Wasn't having a dig at you fella re: Truro, was just a general observation about the forum, only gotta mention Truro City and all the soapboxes come out.

My reply re: Anita was tongue in cheek, banter is good, it's what makes the world go round :thumbsup:

Couldn't get a ticket for the final, didn't have enough loyalty points, only done 7 or 8 league games this season, just needed to do a couple of more and I would've been there. Still thinking about going up anyway, just to soak up the atmosphere (and maybe able to pick up a ticket for a reasonable price around the ground.)

Being an Arsenal supporter, I was left gutted at the result. However, it amuses me in a way that many comments I hear on the radio etc since doesn't give Man U the credit, rather Arsenal "failed to turn up". Rubbish. Arsenal did turn up and went out to win the game. They got turned over well and truly by a fantastic Man U display. Thank god Ronaldo wasn't playing, he would have had gone mad and destroyed us even more.

The sending off was harsh, but Gallas should have walked and Adebayor's attempt at getting a penalty was embarrasing.

Mangle, it's your sore loser of a manager and the thugs on the pitch that never give any team that HAMMERS them the credit that they deserve. There is ALWAYS an excuse and NEVER appreciation or acceptance that the better team won on the day.

The sending off WAS NOT HARSH, if you kicked/studded somebody in that area after leaving the pub on a friday night, you'd be on your way to Camborne charged with assault.

I notice that Gallas has somehow got off with his disgusting kick at Nani :o . Apparantly his actions "did not demonstrate violent conduct". What the f#@k does demonstrate violent conduct then because blatantly kicking an opponent when the ball is nowhere near him is as clear as it gets for me. What if Rooney or Lee Bowyer had done the same thing?. Adebayor should be banned for bringing the game into disrepute for his wonderful demonstration of how th cheat BADLY.

Arsenal DO play pretty much the best football on the planet but their lack of dignity and respect after a team has beaten them makes them a totally unattractive outfit.

Agree with most of it Coopsie. However, Eboue was unlucky. A foul challenge, booking correct. Not a red card. He was looking at the ball. Contact was minimal.

You can't ban Adebayor for being a cheat unless you do the same to everyone caught doing it. Something does need to be done. The referees have an impossible task as it is. We look at every decision from 15 different angles in super slow motion relays, and even then we agree to disagree (see Eboue comments above)!! There will always be individual interpretation from the referee, as long as we leave him in charge and not tv replays.

Finally, don't read the crap in the papers, think and judge for yourself. Chelsea will win the cup final in my opinion. Current form has them 2nd behind Arsenal (4 wins and 2 draws) compared to 8th for Spurs (2 wins, 2 draws and 2 defeats). Chelsea are still in 4 competitions, so it is likely that Grant will be looking at his "squad". No surprise there surely. Spurs are left in one competition, and it's this cup final. Nothing but the strongest team will be fielded by them. No surprise there. How many columns of newspaper print will be used to come to that conclusion?

Spurs are doing well under their new manager, and it will be a good game I reckon. If they do win, it won't be a huge surprise, but I would put them as underdogs against an in form Chelsea.

Mr Cooper sir, Which ever way it goes fella i hope you enjoy your Sunday and the cup final.

I just hope it is a good one, To be honest watching Chelscum can be quite boring at times so at least the Spuds will liven things up a little, Im not to fussed who wins but im sure if most supporters where honest they would just love their teams to get to a cup final and a day out at Wembley, All this talk about mickey mouse cups is a load of old tosh i think.

I remember when the Hammers got to the first play off final, I went to Cardiff had a fantastic day saw my team lose 1-0 to palace in what i can only describe as one of the best stadiums i have visited (I have been to the new Wembley and it is not as good in my opinion) but all in all i had one of the best days ever, The following year i did it all again and saw my team win 1-0 against Preston and although it felt like a cup final i knew it was not but the atmosphere was the same.

I didnt make the F.A cup final against Liverpool but i can tell you now that although we lost i still enjoyed it, I just dont think it is the same though watching on t.v you just have to be there, Mind you thats another topic because i hate the fact that genuine supporters miss out because of corporate bloody seats :angry2:

Its better if your going to the final (I think hutchspur must be on his way).

Whatever your doing have a great day weather your a white or blue. :thumbsup:

Spurs are left in one competition, and it's this cup final. Nothing but the strongest team will be fielded by them. No surprise there. How many columns of newspaper print will be used to come to that conclusion?

Spurs are doing well under their new manager, and it will be a good game I reckon. If they do win, it won't be a huge surprise, but I would put them as underdogs against an in form Chelsea.

You appear to have forgotten the UEFA cup, Europe's premier club competition! ;)

All Spurs fans will tell you that we are underdogs and will have to play at the top of our game to have a chance of winning, but I have watched Chelsea over their last few games and they are still playing 'the Mourinho way' with a very solid defensive base that smothers their opponents until one of their superstars produces a moment of magic to produce the game breaking goal, then with the opponents having to chase a game they are able to pick them off on the counter attack.

Chelsea definitely don't scare me as much as United or Arsenal, who are both capable of ripping a team apart at a moment's notice. Chelsea are a little bit like a boa constricter, where they choke the life out of teams before applying the killing blow (Last year's FA Cup Final being a case in point).

In my opinion, the only way Sunday's cup final will be a decent game for the neutral is if Spurs score relatively early in the game and Chelsea have to chase the game themselves leaving more space for both teams to exploit.

Oh dear, how embarassing, I did forget about the UEFA cup. Guess I should read the papers more, keep up to date with what is happeneing out there!!!

Good post. I have a feeling that it will be a good game. Quite even, but hopefully not just a single goal in it, more like 3-2 or something would be good.

Mangle mate, you KNOW that the only way it will be a good game is if Spurs go out and make it one because Chelsea make even Liverpool look exciting to watch.

talking about Liverepool coopsie,i saw them on the box and if your reading this sir darren i suport west ham but i was jumping up and down and my missis said that the whole road knows that liverpool scored,because i like the english teams to win,and are not small minded enough to want any other teams other than the west ham ect RANT OVER :c:

Once you choke in the League run in it'll be another trophyless season at the Emirates, Wenger could be in line for the chop at this rate!!

0-0 at home to Milan in the 1st Leg, wait til Kaka (the world's best player) and the wonderkid Pato get hold Gallas et al. in the San Siro in the 2nd leg, that'll be the next trophy out of the window!

Well worth resting all the 'stars' in the FA Cup, worked a treat! Well done Arsene!

0-0 at home to Milan in the 1st Leg, wait til Kaka (the world's best player) and the wonderkid Pato get hold Gallas et al. in the San Siro in the 2nd leg, that'll be the next trophy out of the window!

Well worth resting all the 'stars' in the FA Cup, worked a treat! Well done Arsene!

i for one cannot wait for kaka and co to destroy the gooners give it 3 weeks and there season will have turned inside out starting with a loss this weekend to the brumys

• 1 month later...

And so the season is over for the Goons, I slightly overestimated the abilities of the Milan OAPs to do the job in the previous round, but I knew you could rely on the Scousers!

Arsenal's season has been going downhill since the inspired decision from Arsene to rest his 'top' players against Utd in FA Cup, and in turn get the spanking that knocked Arsenal's swagger permanently off course.

Mind you when your brilliant youngsters get old & grey and their children sit on their knee and ask them to show them the medals they won in their career, there's also the consolation that they can tell them that in the 2007/08 season they finshed 3rd in the league and qualified for the Champions League, I'm sure that'll keep them interested....... for about two seconds!!!!! ;)

Like my Grandad (an Arsenal fan) says, it's time for Wenger to go, because they kids just aren't good enough!

And I just can't argue with those sentiments!!!! :P

St Darren had it this morning! Several reminders.....

that maybe so pidge but I thought he would have been big enough to take some forum abuse after his teams laughable exit from there only realistic chance of silverware. :P

R and I!! Semi final of the European Cup, once again!! I knew getting knocked out of the FA Cup would have some good effect on the Liverpool team!!

St Darren had it this morning! Several reminders.....

that maybe so pidge but I thought he would have been big enough to take some forum abuse after his teams laughable exit from there only realistic chance of silverware. :P

R and I!! Semi final of the European Cup, once again!! I knew getting knocked out of the FA Cup would have some good effect on the Liverpool team!!

I hold my hands up darren never expected you to get this far this season but what a cracking game last night i reckon wenger will still be crying in his cornflakes!!!!!!!! Think your luck might run out against chelski this year as you are at home first but should be two good games this year and I for one am looking forward to them :thumbsup: