Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

TRELAWNY LEAGUE - Saturday 5 September 2020


Recommended Posts

THE WHIRLWIND SPORTS TRELAWNY LEAGUE

PREMIER DIVISION

Mawnan                       2-4       Four Lanes

Threemilestone            1-2       Stithians

West Cornwall              2-2       Probus

 

DIVISION ONE

Constantine                 6-0       Illogan RBL Thirds

Frogpool & Cusgarne    0-6       Praze-An-Beeble

St Ives Mariners            1-3       Ludgvan Reserves

St Just                          3-0       Mawnan Reserves                    

 

DIVISION TWO

St Day 3rd                      1-2       Perranwell Reserves

Chacewater                  2-1       Redruth United Reserves

St Buryan                      5-1       RNAS Culdrose Reserves

St Erme                        1-4       Frogpool & Cusgarne Reserves

 

DIVISION THREE

St Agnes 3rds                1-4       New Inn Titans

St Ives Town                 11-1     Goonhavern Athletic Reserves

Threemilestone Res      3-0       Falmouth DC

Wendron United 4ths   4-2       Holman Sports Club Reserves

 

DIVISION FOUR

Carharrack                    12-1     Stithians Reserves

Dropship                      4-4       Lizard Argyle Reserves

Lanner                         6-2       Mullion 3rds

Probus Reserves           5-0       Storm FC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Newlyn N A v Goonhavern is off due to  Council failing to undertake Covid Risk Assessment at grounds !

Unable to reverse as cricket at Goonhavern .

Mullion 2nds v Perranwell Res off due to Mullion only allowing 1 game per week at ground . 1st team home .

Managed to fix up St Day 3rds v Perranwell Res with a 1-30 pm k off instead .

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tom Trust said:

Are spectators being allowed at games in enclosed arenas?

Under the guidelines for grassroots football spectators are allowed providing they are in discrete groups of not more than 6 and social distancing is observed.  Currently limited to no more than 300 at SWPL level and above.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zebedee said:

Newlyn N A v Goonhavern is off due to Penwith Council failing to undertake Covid Risk Assessment at grounds !

Unable to reverse as cricket at Goonhavern .

Mullion 3rds v Perranwell Res off due to Mullion only allowing 1 game per week at ground . 1st team home .

Managed to fix up St Day 3rds v Perranwell Res with a 1-30 pm k off instead .

Penwith Council no longer exists.  Do you mean Cornwall Council?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Div 4

Carharrack 12, Stithians Res 1

Footy back and Carharrack back! Bliss! I've been used to seeing a hatful of goals at Ting Tang over the last couple of seasons but at least today they were at the other end! I note that most tipsters back Carharrack to win this division so a win was vital. In the end it was that huge, but still worth 3 points.

No idea who got all the goals but they were:

1 - 0 (6mins);

2 - 0 (20);

3 - 0 (26) -  a fine, low drive;

4 - 0 (28);

5 - 0 (36) -  great shot from left channel;

5 - 1 (40) - well-taken free kick;

6 - 1 (46) - a shot from distance, great start to the 2nd half;

7 - 1 (53);

8 - 1 (63) - pen;

9 - 1 (69) - a 30 yarder (Trelawney 4, but you do see the odd worldy);

10 - 1 (85) - header at far post from FK on right;

11 - 1 (88) - was it an o.g?

12 - 1 (90+1).

Not one for the purist but a game of footy after so many months. Tea gone up to £1 attributed to the long spell with no income. Fair enough. Was looking forward to a diet-busting bacon bap, but was told "we aren't allowed to cook". Seems some confusion there. If restaurants and take-aways can cook, then why not a footy club tea-hut?

Good to chat to Val and Jamie and Richard. Introduced myself to Dario, Carharrack's latest manager in a loong list that goes back to my time there in the 70s after Mr Burley.

Looking forward to the next game though I currently can't make mid-weeks.

Edited by Tom Trust
forgot blue text colour! it's been so long!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Division 3

Threemilestone Reserves 3-0 Falmouth DC

A well deserved victory for a very good side who will do well this season.

 

Goals came from a penalty and two corners but they dominated possession throughout.

 

No show from the ref so had two different volunteer referees. Couple of controversial moments but we managed to all come to some sort of agreement in the end. All worked out for the best and the result was fair.

 

Thanks and good luck to the Threemilestone lads. Nice honest bunch who didn’t take themselves too seriously but didn’t take the piss either. Will be hard to beat this season I expect!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Division 3

Threemilestone Reserves 3-0 Falmouth DC

A well deserved victory for a very good side who will do well this season.

 

Goals came from a penalty and two corners but they dominated possession throughout.

 

No show from the ref so had two different volunteer referees. Couple of controversial moments but we managed to all come to some sort of agreement in the end. All worked out for the best and the result was fair.

 

Thanks and good luck to the Threemilestone lads. Nice honest bunch who didn’t take themselves too seriously but didn’t take the piss either. Will be hard to beat this season I expect!

 

 

Very very poor show from Falmouth DC. Both DC managers need to have a look at themselves. Giving the volunteer ref so much abuse, to the point where the ref refused to carry on the game & a DC sub took the whistle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brayer10 said:

Prem

TMS 1-2 Stithians 

Very well played Liam 👍🏼
 

Peculiar the ref only played 46 minutes in the second half despite the stoppages and substitutions etc. Still, we wouldn’t have scored again had we still been playing now!

All the best

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mama Sidibe said:

Very well played Liam 👍🏼
 

Peculiar the ref only played 46 minutes in the second half despite the stoppages and substitutions etc. Still, we wouldn’t have scored again had we still been playing now!

All the best

 

I believe the second half should of only been 45 minutes long therefore you gained 60 seconds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mama Sidibe said:

Very good.

 

21 minutes ago, Mama Sidibe said:

Very well played Liam 👍🏼
 

Peculiar the ref only played 46 minutes in the second half despite the stoppages and substitutions etc. Still, we wouldn’t have scored again had we still been playing now!

All the best

 

Don't get involved with those politics, was very good competive game could of went either way all the best see you on the return 

Link to post
Share on other sites

St Day Trelawny - 1 -2 Perranwell Res 

Very competitive game today, away side take lead with a great strike from around 20 + years post and in. The youthful st day front line equalize 10 minuets later with a very tidy run and finish via a long ball over the perran back 4. Another great strike before half time makes it 2-1 to perranwell. After the break perranwell shut up shop and defended well to see the game out and walk away with 3 well earned points. All the best to both sides. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Premier
Mawnan Smith 2 - 4 Fourlanes FC

Great start to the season against a strong Mawnan side, a goalless first half with one talking point with Fourlanes being denies a stonewall penalty clearly inside the  box but the ref gave a free kick outside.

The game came to light in the second half with Mawnan getting an early goal 10 minutes in which spurred Fourlanes into action, Dani Claypitt scored a hat trick one being a penalty and Kyle Hocking chipped the on rushing keeper Making it 4-1 to complete Fourlanes comeback. 
Mawnan tried the best to reply with the likes of Luke Wort and Dominic Pullen being the biggest threat amongst a team of quality players, Mawnan managed a second goal 5 minutes before the end but the game was over by that point. 
 

A great performance all round by Fourlanes, away to Stithians next week who themselves had a great result against TMS so should be a good game.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Footballs back! Took a trip to Carharrack this afternoon, and what a game it was. Carharrack were all over it straight from the off. The number 9 for them was quality, could definitely play a higher standard. All credit to Stithians they didn’t give up, but we’re never a match for the quality of Carharrack. Look forward to watching more games at Ting tang this season. Division 4 is shaping up to be a good fight for the title. 
 

As I said it’s nice to see football back during these unusual times. Well played all

Paul C

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Roy D said:

Very very poor show from Falmouth DC. Both DC managers need to have a look at themselves. Giving the volunteer ref so much abuse, to the point where the ref refused to carry on the game & a DC sub took the whistle. 

That’s no surprise they did it when Madron where hammering them a few seasons ago to the point where the ref told them to stop whining 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

Isn't the DC Manager also the League Secretary?

If the team sheets are anything to go by... there is a qualified ref amongst that sides ranks. A dreadful start to the season. 6 months with no football and first game back it's revert to type with the abuse of referees. Very disappointing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can only apologise for my actions yesterday. It was hard not to react in the moment when a guy who wasn’t the appointed official awarded two penalties in five minutes. One was soft and the other was a header that was awarded for handball. It honestly just felt unfair. In hindsight, at this level I should have accepted it even though it felt so wrong. So again sorry to Dobbie and anyone there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tempo said:

Can only apologise for my actions yesterday. It was hard not to react in the moment when a guy who wasn’t the appointed official awarded two penalties in five minutes. One was soft and the other was a header that was awarded for handball. It honestly just felt unfair. In hindsight, at this level I should have accepted it even though it felt so wrong. So again sorry to Dobbie and anyone there. 

It's one of the reasons we don't have the required number of refs mate :( I'm no angel when playing but I'll always raise my concerns in the correct way. Passion sometimes does get the better of us but we have to learn to stop abusing (that's exactly what it is) not just our registered refs, but also those that are stepping in to do it because we've driven the affiliated refs out of the game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dave Bartlam said:

It's one of the reasons we don't have the required number of refs mate :( I'm no angel when playing but I'll always raise my concerns in the correct way. Passion sometimes does get the better of us but we have to learn to stop abusing (that's exactly what it is) not just our registered refs, but also those that are stepping in to do it because we've driven the affiliated refs out of the game 

Agreed. It was a mistake. I’ve apologised. Now time to move on from the hounding and lecturing - move on and try to learn!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Constantine 6-0 illogan                       Liam dent 5.                                         Liam chinn 1.                                        Great start to our season, the damage was done 1st half, after a great display to go in 5-0. After the break illogan battled well, good luck to them for the rest of the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to watch chacewater vs redruth United 2nds on Saturday and redruth started the better of the 2 teams having a couple of half chances but couldn't convert them chacewater went 1 up through there striker but 10 minutes later redruth equalised when a mistake at the back by chacewater and the redruth number 4 broke through and slotted it away nicely but just before half time a cross/shot from out wide left sailed over the redruth keeper that I'm sure he feels he should of done better with 2 1 at the break to chacewater 2nd half chacewater came out alot better and looked dangerous missing some very good chances redruth looked very tired in the 2nd half and didn't threaten chacewater very much and the game finished 2 1 chacewater but that score line flatters redruth a little bit tho

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/09/2020 at 17:18, Tom Trust said:

Div 4

Carharrack 12, Stithians Res 1

Footy back and Carharrack back! Bliss! I've been used to seeing a hatful of goals at Ting Tang over the last couple of seasons but at least today they were at the other end! I note that most tipsters back Carharrack to win this division so a win was vital. In the end it was that huge, but still worth 3 points.

No idea who got all the goals but they were:

1 - 0 (6mins);

2 - 0 (20);

3 - 0 (26) -  a fine, low drive;

4 - 0 (28);

5 - 0 (36) -  great shot from left channel;

5 - 1 (40) - well-taken free kick;

6 - 1 (46) - a shot from distance, great start to the 2nd half;

7 - 1 (53);

8 - 1 (63) - pen;

9 - 1 (69) - a 30 yarder (Trelawney 4, but you do see the odd worldy);

10 - 1 (85) - header at far post from FK on right;

11 - 1 (88) - was it an o.g?

12 - 1 (90+1).

Not one for the purist but a game of footy after so many months. Tea gone up to £1 attributed to the long spell with no income. Fair enough. Was looking forward to a diet-busting bacon bap, but was told "we aren't allowed to cook". Seems some confusion there. If restaurants and take-aways can cook, then why not a footy club tea-hut?

Good to chat to Val and Jamie and Richard. Introduced myself to Dario, Carharrack's latest manager in a loong list that goes back to my time there in the 70s after Mr Burley.

Looking forward to the next game though I currently can't make mid-weeks.

Thank you Tom for your positive comments. Your bacon  butty awaits you 🥔

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...