WEST DIVISION

Falmouth Tn Reserves   1-3        St Ives Town

Mousehole Dev            3-2       St Agnes

Mullion                         4-1        Wendron United Reserves

Perranwell                   0-5        Hayle

Redruth United             2-2     Penryn Athletic

St Day                           2-8        Illogan RBL

14 minutes ago, BudeBoyBaz said:

I know for a fact Harry has 3 new players waiting on paperwork. Doubt it'll be ready in time for the weekend but will be ready for St.day in the cup which should be a tasty fixture, couple of big names coming down from up the line too. Hopefully like I said this is just a blip

Ed Timmons and Kyle Marks are two of them

👀Let the opening fixtures commence for the saints👀

If you thought last weekend was big.....this weekend is huge.

️Yes we are starting our league fixtures,

️Yes we have TWO games at home,

️Yes our 1st are in a big local derby vs Illogan but...

....Even bigger than that, our club captain is set to play his 350th FIRST team competitive match and his 355th club game. Matt Witts debut for the first team back in 2004 and if, that's if, he makes an appearance he will play his 350th FIRST team match.

👀Be there to see if he makes an appearance or not.👀

12:30 - Inside and outside bars open along with kitchen located on the ground floor.

13:30 - Trelawny XI v Perranwell Res 15:00 - St Piran XI v Illogan

Parking at the ground will once again be for club officials, match officials and any disabled. Parking for players will be 200 yards from the ground. Please respect our neighbours and follow the highway code when parking.

All roads lead to VOGUE PARK...

#WillWeSeeWittsy👀

💛🖤💛🖤💛🖤

6 hours ago, BudeBoyBaz said:

Penryn missing key players at the back and in the middle. Hopefully get Shaw and that tall ginger kid wide to cause some danger

2-2

Correct result 👍 

Penryns front pair not cutting the mustard for me. Still time to change it around, few big names coming in maybe. Thought the lad coming off at half time was hard done by 

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Results for Saturday 5 September 2020
3 hours ago, BudeBoyBaz said:

Correct result 👍 

Penryns front pair not cutting the mustard for me. Still time to change it around, few big names coming in maybe. Thought the lad coming off at half time was hard done by 

Penryns front 2 were Ryan reeve and Harry Pope. Ryan can def play that level, Pope however cannot 

Watched a couple SPL West halves today for a bit of a change! Had to stomach Redruths Charity shops, Wilko’s, finished by a Jim’s cash & carry visit with the wife and mother in law beforehand though! 🤔 First visit was for the leagues match of the day at a pristine looking Vogue Park (well done Mark and his team) great to see some old friends from Illogan and St.Day as well. The hosts took an early lead but an unfortunate goalkeeping error saw the visitors level 5 minutes later before a superb header from Illogans captain Abbo and a scrambled just over the line effort made it 3-1 at the break. Weird how one thing can totally change a game and the flow of it and how important a position a keeper is. The experienced Barry Wyatt was as impeccable as ever at the other end, a class keeper for this league. Found out later the match ended 8-2!!! I would never have predicted that scoreline when I left at half time!! 
‘Just down the road to Clijah Croft for the last 35 minutes of Redruth Utd v Penryn. Bumped into Redruth Utd legend Neal Jeffree, always a pleasure to have a chat with who told me Utd were 2-0 up!!! Last seasons bottom team against last seasons top of the league team. Watched the same fixture this time last season which ended 7-0!! To be fair the visitors have had rotten luck on the injury front pre season and Redruth look a much improved outfit on a pitch that was never gonna suit Penryn in all respect or was it that I just saw a carpet down the road at the Vogue!!? Anyway the visitors showed plenty of character I thought to get it back to a draw last 10 minutes with a penalty and another slight keeper error but need those players back soon as poss and Redruth looked a hard working competitive team who will upset a few teams this season especially at home. Decent days footie and nice weather to be fair and got a Jamie Vardy hardback autobiography for 50p!!!

3 hours ago, BudeBoyBaz said:

Correct result 👍 

That the same front pair that scored 52 goals between them by March last season!!! 😂😂😂

Went to St Day and watched a cracking game of football today, got to say the pitch looked fantastic and credit to all involved.

I missed the first two goal as had to park up the road but still got to see a load more, watched both of illogan games now and got to say they have a cracking squad that in my eyes can do good things and they scored some real quality goals in the 2nd half.

St Day had a few new faces but think it will take them time to gel but looking at some of there attitudes I dout a couple will stay around and think the manager will need to be stronger and get rid of some dead wood.

Today was a great advert for this league and all in all a great day

1 hour ago, RAPPO said:

Watched a couple SPL West halves today for a bit of a change! Had to stomach Redruths Charity shops, Wilko’s, finished by a Jim’s cash & carry visit with the wife and mother in law beforehand though! 🤔 First visit was for the leagues match of the day at a pristine looking Vogue Park (well done Mark and his team) great to see some old friends from Illogan and St.Day as well. The hosts took an early lead but an unfortunate goalkeeping error saw the visitors level 5 minutes later before a superb header from Illogans captain Abbo and a scrambled just over the line effort made it 3-1 at the break. Weird how one thing can totally change a game and the flow of it and how important a position a keeper is. The experienced Barry Wyatt was as impeccable as ever at the other end, a class keeper for this league. Found out later the match ended 8-2!!! I would never have predicted that scoreline when I left at half time!! 
‘Just down the road to Clijah Croft for the last 35 minutes of Redruth Utd v Penryn. Bumped into Redruth Utd legend Neal Jeffree, always a pleasure to have a chat with who told me Utd were 2-0 up!!! Last seasons bottom team against last seasons top of the league team. Watched the same fixture this time last season which ended 7-0!! To be fair the visitors have had rotten luck on the injury front pre season and Redruth look a much improved outfit on a pitch that was never gonna suit Penryn in all respect or was it that I just saw a carpet down the road at the Vogue!!? Anyway the visitors showed plenty of character I thought to get it back to a draw last 10 minutes with a penalty and another slight keeper error but need those players back soon as poss and Redruth looked a hard working competitive team who will upset a few teams this season especially at home. Decent days footie and nice weather to be fair and got a Jamie Vardy hardback autobiography for 50p!!!

That the same front pair that scored 52 goals between them by March last season!!! 😂😂😂

Should have stayed at St Day Mark, Illogan youngsters looking good. 👍👍

Falmouth res 1-3 st ives,

very good game between two good sides slow start for Falmouth town as they found themselves 2-0 down inside the first 30 minutes and could’ve been more of it wasn’t for the goalkeeper.

2nd half saw improvement for Falmouth as they managed to create more chances falling to a 3-1 defeat. St ives a very good side and will no doubt be around the top this season, Falmouth will be up there this season 

11 hours ago, RAPPO said:

Hi mark I am just as disappointed as you with the state of clijah. We have spent many hours and over £2000 preparing our pitch over the extended close season but, this last month it has all gone a bit Pete Tonge. Because we do not have our own mower etc. we depend on others, the pitch was not cut for 3 weeks then when it was the grass was just left on top of our new seed. Then two weeks ago there was standing water all over the pitch because of running water from the farmers field above,with running water in the near goalmouth. We had a crowdfunding campaign to try to buy our own mower and slowly we are getting there, but in the present climate it’s not easy.
It’s interesting you compare us with St. Day back in the 1980’s when I played for them myself and muggy (who does a great job with Illogans pitch) went to the parish council meetings to start the ball rolling with what you see at Vogue now, I guess I’m saying that Rome was not built in a day and until all the mine works are finished we are stuck with what we have.

Too true Martin!! All takes time doesn’t it mate! I thought it was looking decent last season and heard that there had been some work done pre season so was a bit surprised it had got a bit worse when I rocked up! Not every club are lucky enough to have a Bakes at Penryn, a Greggs at Hayle or a Mark down the road at St.Day who spend hours of their own time on the pitch. Thought the team on the pitch definitely look a bit more solid and hard working though! Keep up the good work, the club have come a long way in the last 10 or so years mate! 👍👏🏼

5 hours ago, Darin Morse said:

Callington's victory at Polperro is particularly impressive as Full-Time suggests they only started with nine.

Polperro has about 25 chances and On another day would of won the match comfortably. Also had a stonewall penalty denied in the last 5 mins, one of those days. Good luck to both teams for the rest of the season 

8 hours ago, Darin Morse said:

Callington's victory at Polperro is particularly impressive as Full-Time suggests they only started with nine.

Possibly, but more likely they started with 11.  With all of the Whole Game issues over the last week or more there are probably players awaiting processing that were eligible to play and would fill the gaps.  All clubs have been advised what to do in these circumstances.

27 minutes ago, Secret Referee said:

If it was indeed “stonewall” then I’m sure the appointed match official would have awarded it. 
I suspect this is a case of the losing side not taking chances and looking to shift the blame!

Well all referees get decisions wrong don’t they. The fact of the matter is Polperro where by far the better team but did not take their chances. Callington had 3/4 decent chances their 1st goal was pure luck, though we all need luck in a season. 

22 minutes ago, Fletch89 said:

Well all referees get decisions wrong don’t they. The fact of the matter is Polperro where by far the better team but did not take their chances. Callington had 3/4 decent chances their 1st goal was pure luck, though we all need luck in a season. 

Referees get a lot less wrong than players.

The fact you’ve stated Polperro missed 25 chances would illustrate this. 
Sounds very much like you’re trying to shift the blame from the 11 players on the pitch that didn’t take their chances.

20 hours ago, Secret Referee said:

Referees get a lot less wrong than players.

The fact you’ve stated Polperro missed 25 chances would illustrate this. 
Sounds very much like you’re trying to shift the blame from the 11 players on the pitch that didn’t take their chances.

No I’m not at all, all I’m saying is the result doesn’t reflect the game, 

On 05/09/2020 at 19:25, Andys said:

Perranwell 0 Hayle 5 - Potch’s boys were class today, not much more to be said other than very well played. Injuries curse strikes again today for the Well, but no excuses, we were well beaten by an excellent side.

Nice to see an honest review of the game from the point of view of the side that lost. Some people try to make excuses etc. Not an easy place to get 3 points from, and by such a margin. Hayle must of signed a few players!!!