St Cleer 1 Padstow United 0

St Dominick 2 St Newlyn East 3

St Minver 0 Torpoint Athletic 2

Veryan 4 St Teath 0

Tuesday

St Blazey 4 Veryan 4

St Newlyn East 0 Foxhole 0

Wednesday 

Looe Town 1 St Cleer 2 (Match abandoned 65 minutes due to serious injury)

Mount Gould 2 Plymouth Marjon 1

Roche 0 St Stephen 1

St Dominick 1 Torpoint Athletic 0

St Teath 1 St Minver 4

St dom were way below standard against a st newlyn side who  deserved the win. St Dom weren’t helped by a Ben jeffery injury before the game and then just 7or8 minutes in losing Kieran prescott to a horrendous challenge which I has left him in a cast as far as I’m aware. This left st Dom 3-0 down at halftime after some sloppy goals were gifted to st newlyn, second half was difficult as two of their 3 top goalscorers from last season were watching from the sideline, Kieran ryall managed to pull 2 back with 2 beautiful free kicks, but it wasn’t enough. Fingers crossed both Jeffery and prescott can be back soon.

Just my personal opinion....

I thought overall we deserved the win in what was the first of 3 tough opening ECPL fixtures for us (Foxhole and Mt Gould our next 2 league games - ouch!). We were the better side in the first half and deserved our three goals which possibly should have been more if we had taken our opportunities - the second a great goal starting with our GK and no St Dom player touching the ball before we scored following a fine move down the right culminating in a header from close range. We lost our CB at half-time to injury which changed the game even further for the second half when we already knew St Dom would come out all guns blazing, bouyed up after their late first half goal - a well taken free kick. However we also felt aggrieved that the St Dom keeper was not dismissed for a 'clumsy' challenge in the first half that brought down our striker when through on goal with just the keeper to beat!

St Dom probably had the majority of possession in the second half but I felt we had the better of the chances - missing an open goal and hitting the post. St Dom scored with another well taken quick free-kick with 10 minutes remaining in the game that we need to learn from.

Some good football played and tough challenges from both sides throughout.

Good luck to St Dominick for the rest of the season. I hope that Kieran's injury isn't as bad as it sounds.

Jiggy, SNEFC Manager

St Newlyn East 0-0 Foxhole

A below par performance from Saturday’s win for Newlyn with Foxhole probably the happier side with a draw.

Neither side  really threatened to break the deadlock and Newlyn were left ruing some late one on one’s that they should have finished. Foxhole also had a late opportunity to snatch all points.

Unfortunately both sides were left ‘in the dark’ when referee Tootle called the game to a halt for bad light with concerns for  player safety in the diminishing light with 10 minutes plus injury time still left to be played in the second half.

Not sure what this means for the fixture as have heard that if a game gets to a certain point the result stands but also know that both halves should be of equal time! 

Guess it’s one for the ECPL committee to decide as neither club agreed to or were asked for shorter halves before kick-off! 

Good luck to Foxhole for the rest of their season.