Cornwall Football Forum

Results - Wednesday 2 SEPTEMBER 2020

• Dave Deacon changed the title to Results - Wednesday 2 SEPTEMBER 2020
3 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

There’s banter and then there’s being personal ain’t there. Looks right he was right to move in though with the score line. Shock for penryn too 

He has moved from Falmouth first team to Illogan to play against Falmouth Res, That's a great move. 🙄

4 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

There’s banter and then there’s being personal ain’t there. Looks right he was right to move in though with the score line. Shock for penryn too 

I watched the Penryn game and what I did see it wasn’t lucky as the Well were by far the better team until the last 10 minutes .. but yes it was a shock .. 👍

30 minutes ago, willy7 said:

He has moved from Falmouth first team to Illogan to play against Falmouth Res, That's a great move. 🙄

How very bitter of you.. wouldn't expect anything else.

6 minutes ago, bigbadbarry said:

The game at falmouth tonight had everything, thought illogan edged it for me overall , the young lad in the middle looked classy for illogan.

nice to catch up with a few old friends at falmouth and the kitchen as ever was spot on with teas and food.

Yes...back to the game and other talking points thank you.

The young lad George was outstanding really stepped up as have other youngsters over pre season. Fully deserves his credit. 

9 minutes ago, S Abbo said:

How very bitter of you.. wouldn't expect anything else.

Yes...back to the game and other talking points thank you.

The young lad George was outstanding really stepped up as have other youngsters over pre season. Fully deserves his credit. 

Yes I did see the young lads come off the bench and do well, looks like a good mix of young and old, watched illogan a couple times preseason and seem to be doing the right things, keep up the good work

Sorry Winston, I appreciate your concern, but unless it’s a direct official statement from the parties involved and they make it available to this football forum, nothing stays on here as we (The administrators) run the risk of bringing it into disrepute.

I suggest you go direct to the appropriate authorities on this matter.

2 hours ago, winston said:

Perranwell should have had 2 more goals easily and harry won't be happy. Strong division this year.

Mr johnson strategically gets sent off before facing another former club on saturday 

He’s playing Saturday though suspension doesn’t start until Tuesday ..... 

1 hour ago, willy7 said:

So if you wasn't at Illogan would you think it's a good footballing move going down a division when teams in higher division would be happy to have him. Should always push to play at the highest level possible as like he has done before. 

No.. but what I'm getting at is ... if he was at St day you wouldn't be saying anything on here.

PENRYN 1-4 PERRANWELL

Superb performance from “The Well” racing into 3-0 HT lead against the hosts makeshift defence at a wet and windy Kernick Road. Joe Ibbs George and Tom Fisher proved a lively front two on the night getting in behind the defence time and again and had several one on ones with Andy Butcher in the home goal saving at least 3 more over the 90 minutes. Well taken hat-trick from Ibbs George to go with Fishers single. The visitors looked really organised and well drilled and are a totally different “kettle of fish” 😁👍 from last seasons disappointments. I wouldn’t write the Rynners off yet though!! Poor performance on the night but had 4/5 out injured including their classy back 3 of last season Ed Rowe, Nick Boase and captain Russell May with Boasey the only one available, and young defender Ryan Jones had to come off after 20 minutes injured. Penryn were also missing midfield creators Luke Osborne and Keegan McPhilbin with Jake Shaw moving into the middle which took away the hosts width as for me Shawsy and Bradley Leivers are two of the best wing backs in local football added to some stout no nonsense defending from Perranwell saw Penryn create almost nothing on the night apart from the last 15 minutes against a understandably tiring backline when Harry Roberts scored a consolation goal and Shaw and Ryan Reeve both hit the post. A bad day at the office for Penryn who had an 11 match winning run at the start of last season but I think you will see a really competitive SPL West League this season that will go all the way with some very improved teams. Thought Will Snapes was impressive in Perranwells midfield pinging it around but you have to give the MOM to Ibbs George for his goal scoring performance.

7 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

PENRYN 1-4 PERRANWELL

Superb performance from “The Well” racing into 3-0 HT lead against the hosts makeshift defence at a wet and windy Kernick Road. Joe Ibbs George and Tom Fisher proved a lively front two on the night getting in behind the defence time and again and had several one on ones with Andy Butcher in the home goal saving at least 3 more over the 90 minutes. Well taken hat-trick from Ibbs George to go with Fishers single. The visitors looked really organised and well drilled and are a totally different “kettle of fish” 😁👍 from last seasons disappointments. I wouldn’t write the Rynners off yet though!! Poor performance on the night but had 4/5 out injured including their classy back 3 of last season Ed Rowe, Nick Boase and captain Russell May with Boasey the only one available, and young defender Ryan Jones had to come off after 20 minutes injured. Penryn were also missing midfield creators Luke Osborne and Keegan McPhilbin with Jake Shaw moving into the middle which took away the hosts width as for me Shawsy and Bradley Leivers are two of the best wing backs in local football added to some stout no nonsense defending from Perranwell saw Penryn create almost nothing on the night apart from the last 15 minutes against a understandably tiring backline when Harry Roberts scored a consolation goal and Shaw and Ryan Reeve both hit the post. A bad day at the office for Penryn who had an 11 match winning run at the start of last season but I think you will see a really competitive SPL West League this season that will go all the way with some very improved teams. Thought Will Snapes was impressive in Perranwells midfield pinging it around but you have to give the MOM to Ibbs George for his goal scoring performance.

Finally a good report of a game

43 minutes ago, RAPPO said:

PENRYN 1-4 PERRANWELL

Good luck to both teams to the season think this may be just a blip in the road for Harry, who I'm sure will be letting those boys know how disappointed he is with last night.

2 hours ago, RAPPO said:

PENRYN 1-4 PERRANWELL

The Well were missing a few players also which when they are fit I’m sure it’s going to be a real battle for starting positions , Penryn were really outplayed for long parts of the game but they didn’t give up trying and did get a consolation goal which wasn’t the best defending to be honest ..