Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Mr.green said:

Hi my nephew was shown a second yellow in a preseason game. Rightfully so both correct bookings. I'm not moaning about that but will be face a fine and a suspension in the league as a result?

I believe he will get the usual fine but, will be suspended from the next friendly 7 days after the sending off.

 

An email was sent out today to referees to remind them of their duty to send in all cautions and red cards in friendlies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, bighairydave said:

I believe he will get the usual fine but, will be suspended from the next friendly 7 days after the sending off.

 

An email was sent out today to referees to remind them of their duty to send in all cautions and red cards in friendlies.

Which also equates to the Ccfa saying “we need income”

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, St Darren said:

Which also equates to the Ccfa saying “we need income”

No, it equates to the CCFA reminding referees to do what they are required to do.  Referees have been sanctioned in the past for not submitting cautions and dismissals.  If a club was to chase up a caution/dismissal because they hadn't had the admin through and it transpired that the referee hadn't submitted it then the referee would not be in a good position.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ref gets home from the game, an hour or two after the incident on the pitch has happened and thinks, I won’t put that caution in after thinking about it, it’s only a friendly game, the lad might not be that well off with the covid situation, might be a student, etc. A week later the ccfa are on his case saying he’s in trouble because he’s human and showed a bit of compassion. No wonder we got a referee shortage!! 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sticker Forever said:

Ref gets home from the game, an hour or two after the incident on the pitch has happened and thinks, I won’t put that caution in after thinking about it, it’s only a friendly game, the lad might not be that well off with the covid situation, might be a student, etc. A week later the ccfa are on his case saying he’s in trouble because he’s human and showed a bit of compassion. No wonder we got a referee shortage!! 🤔

Nothing better than a bit of common sense. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If a player can’t take responsibility for their inability to control their behaviour during a pre season friendly then why should the referee take the risk of not ‘putting in’ any cards that are issued?

I know a lot of referees use a ‘manage the situation’ approach during pre season anyway, so if a referee feels the need to issue a caution in a friendly then the player’s actions must have warranted it!

If you don’t want to be fined and or suspended for the start of the season then don’t put the referee in the position where they feel they have no option but to issue cards! Simple.

Link to post
Share on other sites

played in a ‘friendly’ the other day which involved a headbutt and a couple of elbows to the face. According to the referee, who said he saw the incidents, it was only a friendly so he didnt give any cards at all. Friendly or no, rules are rules and they should do what they are there for in which is still a competitive match. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...