Cornwall Football Forum

Dave Rawlings - Liskeard Athletic - through and through RIP

Dave Deacon

Just let Vidal James at Porthleven know the sad news as they go back a long way through football and I agree with Vidal's words : "A brilliant man!"

Also apparently always used to bring Vidal back a bottle of rum from the cruises that Dave and Nancy went on. They loved their cruises! 

Very sad to hear this news, always enjoyed Dave and Nancy’s company and as WOTP says, along with Ticker, Big G, Adrian Wilton and their hard-working committee they created something really special at Liskeard which many like myself were lucky enough to enjoy, they really were great times.

I have very fond memories of Dave, he would quite often pick me up for midweek away games and I loved hearing all the stories of past players and the history of the club.

A real gentleman who will be sadly missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with Nancy x

On 29/08/2020 at 10:22, Ian Southcott said:

Very sad to hear this news, always enjoyed Dave and Nancy’s company and as WOTP says, along with Ticker, Big G, Adrian Wilton and their hard-working committee they created something really special at Liskeard which many like myself were lucky enough to enjoy, they really were great times.

I have very fond memories of Dave, he would quite often pick me up for midweek away games and I loved hearing all the stories of past players and the history of the club.

A real gentleman who will be sadly missed.

My thoughts and prayers are with Nancy x

Great words from a Liskeard legend. The 30 odd league goals you scored in 1992/93 were the difference between staying up and relegation.