Cornwall Football Forum

Player Longevity

Interested to know the longest continuous run of seasons that players have been active in senior football (by that, Combo and ECPL league level and above).

One that immediately springs to mind is Keith Manley who I believe played for Falmouth in the SW league from about 1969, through to appearances for Liskeard in the Western League as late as season 1993/94. But I think the winner has to be Bradley Swiggs with Liskeard and various other clubs in the Western and SW leagues from (I think) 1976/77 up until 2011, when he was still turning out in the P&D Premier League.

Can anybody improve on  Bradley's 35 seasons? 

Lovely chat Monsoon! We covered a lot of topics! 😊 Exmouth Town 1992....Appledore 1st 2020 (North Dev Prem)...currently still signed for Elurton Villa Premier East!... (Played alongside Swiggs (I was a pup) at Millbrook and Ian Rowe another old bugger at Holsworthy!...think we were the oldest strike force in football!.... Combined age....over 100!!!😂 ...played alonside Keith Manley at Liskeard in 1993....class act he was!....and Roger Quintance!.....score 2 against Parkway...St Lukes Bowl for Witheridge.....when aged 50!