Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results 16 Feb

Guest Chris B

Guest Helston Patriot

Truro 1 v 1 St Just

St Just deservedly went into the lead with twenty minutes of the game remaining but a weakened Truro scraped a possibly offside equaliser in the last minute to get an undeserved point from the game. Hope Truro put out the same team against Helston!

heard one of the seendig offs was for kicking a supporter :wacko:

that would be a shame cause that would carry a hefty ban anita will know come on anita say its not true :P

Truro 1 v 1 St Just

St Just deservedly went into the lead with twenty minutes of the game remaining but a weakened Truro scraped a possibly offside equaliser in the last minute to get an undeserved point from the game. Hope Truro put out the same team against Helston!

in the last of the 5 or 6 added on minutes oh well should do youboys a favour hp

I was over the other end of the pitch, but it wouldn't of been a supporter, they where in the stands so if a kick was made at someone on the side lines it would of been a manager, physio or one of the subs. But i don't think anyone was kicking out at anyone on the side lines, I think one was sent off for a tackle and the other i think was 2 yellows. I'm not 100% sure. :rolleyes:

In answer to your question Steve, Alex Arquati scored for Perran approx 80 mins to make the scores 1-1 after Falmouth had scored a controversial opener from a corner on 50 mins (3 Perran players booked following the goal as an obvious push on our keeper was ignored by the referee).

Ronin was kept busy, having to attend players on approx 8 occasions (Alex receiving treatment 5 or 6 times following fouls). Dave Rawlings deserved to walk after a late tackle on Alex Arquati, this was approx 2 mins after the Perran equaliser. Not so sure Shaun Halford deserved to though, it looked like the ref gave him a straight red but was told after the game it was 2 yellows.

No kicking out at anyone on the sidelines, a few choice words exchanged as Dave left the field of play but all shook hands and had a beer in the club house after the game.

Hope that answers all your questions r and l

In answer to your question Steve, Alex Arquati scored for Perran approx 80 mins to make the scores 1-1 after Falmouth had scored a controversial opener from a corner on 50 mins (3 Perran players booked following the goal as an obvious push on our keeper was ignored by the referee).

Ronin was kept busy, having to attend players on approx 8 occasions (Alex receiving treatment 5 or 6 times following fouls). Dave Rawlings deserved to walk after a late tackle on Alex Arquati, this was approx 2 mins after the Perran equaliser. Not so sure Shaun Halford deserved to though, it looked like the ref gave him a straight red but was told after the game it was 2 yellows.

No kicking out at anyone on the sidelines, a few choice words exchanged as Dave left the field of play but all shook hands and had a beer in the club house after the game.

Hope that answers all your questions r and l

cheers micky sounds like an entertaining affair I hear your in managment now I think that will suit you good luck in the supp cup and for the rest of the season mate and yes you did answer all my questions you should change your user name to statto mate :P

Guest Helston Patriot

Result Round-up

League

Falmouth Town Reserves 1-1 Perranporth

Mullion 1-2 Illogan RBL

Perranwell 0-2 St Ives Town

Porthleven Reserves 0-3 Holman SC

St Day 1-4 Ludgvan

Truro City Reserves 1-1 St Just

Wendron CC United Reserves 1-2 St Agnes

Sup Cup Prelim

RNAS Culdrose 0-1 Penryn Athletic Reserves

Good day had by all the away teams!

Only point that i made Ronin is that both players have Perranporth connections and were sent off against them too.

Ah yes SF, the irony of it!

Thanks for filling in for me on the question front Kappa, I was too busy soaking my aching feet after all that running!!

Steve, Hows the injury mate? And any thoughts on where you'll be playing next year?

injury is gone now (touch wood)just got to get my fitness and form back now not sure who I will be playing for most teams seem to have forgotten I excist ive been injured so long!!!!!!!

always willing to listen to offers!!!!!

Truro 1 v 1 St Just

H.P.i know you were on your day out on the lash with the boys,so i will put it down to to much drink,to say that st just deservedly went ahead,when truo had about 80 % of possesion,and should have been 3 to 4 -0 up in the first 20 mins,they dint look like scoring,and it took a miskake bye the c.d.that gifted them there goal,and as for offside as you were behind the goal and the linesperson who had her flag up most of the game,and she didnt give it well that says it all. :smiley20:

Truro 1 v 1 St Just

H.P.i know you were on your day out on the lash with the boys,so i will put it down to to much drink,to say that st just deservedly went ahead,when truo had about 80 % of possesion,and should have been 3 to 4 -0 up in the first 20 mins,they dint look like scoring,and it took a miskake bye the c.d.that gifted them there goal,and as for offside as you were behind the goal and the linesperson who had her flag up most of the game,and she didnt give it well that says it all. :smiley20:

meant to add like winno said to me after if you dont put your chances away,u get punished :o

Guest kern_dogg

Truro seem to be very bitter towards dropping points yesterday. St Just may not have had as many chances or possession as Truro, but i think an extremely hard working team (St Just) deserved something from the game. I feel the goal was offside, however with Truro pushing for a late equaliser, a goal was inevitable. Perhaps more shooting practice may be in-order this week hey?

Guest Helston Patriot

I only said POSSIBLY offside not it was definate.. Relax Truros MM no team will win every game. Like us against Aggie at ours, Dominated start to finsh but lost. Thats football. Makes it very interesting now doesn't it? Hopefully win our gamessss in hand and only be 1 pt behind and still to play Tturo here ;) But footballs a funny old game

I only said POSSIBLY offside not it was definate.. Relax Truros MM no team will win every game. Like us against Aggie at ours, Dominated start to finsh but lost. Thats football. Makes it very interesting now doesn't it? Hopefully win our gamessss in hand and only be 1 pt behind and still to play Tturo here ;) But footballs a funny old game

wait till you get my age H.Pthen you will no its a funny old game mate,and kendogg iam not at all bitter,st just worked very hard,but as i said truro missed a lot of goals :drink:

wait till you get my age H.Pthen you will no its a funny old game mate,and kendogg iam not at all bitter,st just worked very hard,but as i said truro missed a lot of goals :drink:

your right trurosmm you did miss a lot of shots but st just worked hard to limit you to long range shots and you were unable to make your possesion count due to your attackers woeful finnishing and although you could say st just were lucky to take the lead you were just as lucky to equalise coz im not sure were rosie got 5+minutes from it was just one of those days for yourselfs but in the end st just felt it was 2 points dropped as opose to 1 gained

We (St Day) were embarrassing on Saturday against Ludgvan. Take nothing away from them, they battle hard and fully deserved their victory. Shane was a constant threat up front and Trath may be getting on now (like myself) but he was still a handfull. However, our display was one of the worst I have been involved with for quite a while. I know we had 4 regulars out but that is no excuse for the way we played. Perhaps after this result we will get a better turn out for training, we definately need it. Hopefully we will perform much better at Hayle next week.

Congrats to Ludgvan.

Mullion 1 - 2 Illogan

Not a great game and too be honest 2-1 isnt really a true reflection of the game it was more like a 6-1 win really but unfortunately one of our strickers didnt have his shooting boots on (no names but it was me)

Went 1 nil up early on from Pitt then after a mistake by our keeper who thought about shouting at the defence then realised he didnt have a leg to stand on held his hand up as a rare error made it 1-1 each.

Several other chances fell to us 3 yrds out from a corner I managed to side foot thin air, then a good chance from 6 yrds managed to put it straight in the goalies hands meant we went in level. 2nd half much the same as the 1st with several good chances gone begging but then good movement in the box resulted in a headed goal from the corner from Pitt. Mullion never gave up to be fair to them but with only 1 up front and then a sending off later on it left them with no attacking threat.

Good 3 points overall and wish Mullion all the best for the season.

When doing the results I forgot to mention the league title is down to a 1 point race now. If Helston win all their games in hand they will only be 1 point behind Truro and they still have to play each other at Helston.

So the league title could be ging down to the last few games and is not a forgone conclusion.

Website has been updated for with the latest table, form guide, individual team records, etc

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com

CTB

Truro 1 v 1 St Just

Weakened Brease? Shane Tolley and Rusty up front, Ludlam on the wing, Harrington and Skinner in the middle...

From the Truro City website:

Truro Reserves turned in one of their most dissapointing performances of the season in front of a good crowd at Treyew Road and only gained a point with an injury time Sam Cooper (pictured) goal against a determined St. Just outfit.

City fielded a strong line-up with eight players who have secured first team action this season featuring in a side managed by Matt Salmon in the absence of Trevor Mewton. However, the side failed to click throughout and wasted several good chances and also the possession they enjoyed in the first half.

St. Just took the lead and City continued to be wasteful right up until injury time when substitute Cooper fired home to salvage a valuable point for the title chasing Whites.

City now have a thirteen point lead over Helston who have four games in hand. However, Holmans and Perranwell may yet have a say on where the title goes as they continue to lurk in the shadows.

I think Truros match report was fair enough, we were determined and worked hard but Truro were on top for very long periods and played some very good football. I kept Tolley off the score sheet though and we nicked a point off the current leaders so a good day out for me, but whats with the pasta after the game, where were the pasties?!?!!? :drink:

cheers gee, you've hit the nail on the head there 'no attcking threat what so ever' were not getting batterd cse defence is ok but going foward were worse than derby! good young team you've got there at illogan definatly a team fot the future! just to clear up double red card incident 1st one for violent conduct 2nd for abusive language, strange decison by ref (who in my opinion wanted to be bigger than the match) but it was hickey so got to laugh!!! best of luck illogan!

So the title could be down to 1 point and truro are away to holmans this week after the cup game down at holmans which ended in a draw and i think helston r away to holmans soon aswell,could be a few more twists yet? Another tight title race as last year would be good,glad 2c truro r not walking it as sum tought wud happen at start of the season.

So the title could be down to 1 point and truro are away to holmans this week after the cup game down at holmans which ended in a draw and i think helston r away to holmans soon aswell,could be a few more twists yet? Another tight title race as last year would be good,glad 2c truro r not walking it as sum tought wud happen at start of the season.

MESSI,I THINK THE REF GAVE A RED FOR MULLONS NO 7? FOR THROWING A PUNCH,THEN HE GAVE AOTHER RED WHEN THE SAME PL AYER STORMED BACK ON THE PITCH AND THREW HIS DRINK AT THE REF,I THOUGHT THE NO 7WAS GOING TO CHIN THE REF,GOOD GAME TILL THEN,THOUGHT THE MULLION SUB WAS A RIGHT MOANER BLOKE. :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

to be fair frodo, i played left back so was chattin to my centre back bout how embaressing the whole incident was!!! yea he's a big old bloke ref looked like he was bout to get in his car and go haha!! yea second half was ruined by that! but take nothing away from u lot deserved ur win! swear the guy who played right back for you boys used to be a quality striker would i be right??

haha i wouldnt go as far as quality but i did play upfront for praze! i thought the ref was terrible as he was never in control of the game and if he had dealt with the incident and gave a free kick straight away, none of this would of happened! well done to you boys though, and all the best for the rest of the season

DIDNT THINK THE REF NEEDS A SLAGGING OFF FELLAS,I WOULD BE MORE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE MULLION PLAYER, I KNOW YOU THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY MESSI,BUT FOR HIM TO HAVE A RIGHT GO AT THE REF AND THROW HIS BOTTLE DOWN IN FRONT OF THE REF AFTER BEING SENT OFF IS NOT GOOD,CONSIDIRING MULLION ARE HAVING MONEY PROBS AS WELL. COULD BE A BIG BAN AND FINE SO DONT MAKE THINGS WORSE THAN WHATTHEY ARE. SPECIALLY AFTER WHAT HAPPENED AT SENNEN ON SATURDAY :SM_carton: :SM_carton:

THOUGHT THE REF DID OK,IF YOU SWING A PUNCH AT A PLAYER YOU GOTTA GO,IF YOU COME BACK ON THREATNING EVERYONE,YOU GOTTA GO AGAIN. NO INCIDENTS BEFORE THAT AND NONE ATER SO I RECKON HE GOT RID OF THEPROBLEM.AGREE WITH GEE THAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT LEAST 6.1 PROB THE REFS FAULT THAT IT WASNT EH LADS? :blink:

wudnt go that far frodo, i totally agree wiv prazen08: the ref was never in control of the game, he was givin free kicks and as i stepped was asking it is mullions free kick isnt it player, thats just ridiculous! and when he gave handball on one of ur players said 'i didnt see it but ur player looked guilty' what the hell kind of authority is that! apparently its only gone in as 1 red and players have to pay there own fines at mullion! if our player deserves a red for raisng a fist then the letter of the law clearly states ur player should of seen red for grabbing our player by the throat! hat's off to your player who said 'hows about no cards we shake hands and get on with it!! football's all about opinions and in mine the ref had a howler!! iv said already u deserved the points but 6-1 wouldv been a bit flattering considering you couldn't score past us for almost a whole half with 10men!! anyway best of luck for season

Guest Helston Patriot

Truro Reserves turned in one of their most dissapointing performances of the season in front of a good crowd at Treyew Road and only gained a point with an injury time Sam Cooper (pictured) goal against a determined St. Just outfit.

Good crowd? I counted about 38 scattered around (incl 4 stewards) 10 from Helston! about 24 truro "fans" watching. Thought Truro RES raked in 100's? Or is that just when you played us?

Hats off the the guy wearing shorts watching, with the Truro FC badge tattoo on his calf :wacko:

Also thought it should cost £1.50 to watch a combo game??