Cornwall Football Forum

Godolphin vs Lakeside

Ok here goes my 1st report for a while went and watched the G play Lakeside, in a friendly this afternoon and i was impressed with them so really good players there this year ,but on my arrival at the ground Tanya gave me a G Football shirt from the club and Manager Andy Savage what a lovely kind thing to do but thats what the G are a lovely friendly kind club run by fantastic people who care about there club and not paying out big bucks on so called top players .Ok on to the match the G WON 4-1 this afternoon the 1st goal was scored by Ben Colqhoun who couldnt miss when the Lakeside goalie failed to cut out a cross comeshot that landed at Bens feet and it was thankyou very much 1-0 then Jacob Grange put the 2-0 Up and after half time lots of subs where brought on and Lakeside got it back to 2-1 then Jacob scored his 2nd a great shot off the post after a great run not long after Isaac Varga scored the goal of the match a great shot into the far  corner . Penalty to the  G up steps JACOB to get his hat trick the ref Graham Rickard who use to coach my son ,said it was a miss but all the G players celebrated the goal and i also thought it was a goal hitting the back dvertising boards and coming out .Some really good players Mom 1st half for the G No 11 Ollie 2ND Half Matt Saunders who i think should play at centre half he was outsanding there and i would like to see him play  against Adam Carter when there 1st home match is against Bodmin if im right ,some other great performnaces this afternoon from the G NO 2 No9 Issac Varga and ETHAN in the G goal who  made some great saves .This G team played with more confidence than last season and looked confident on the ball but 1 thing if they play like they did in the 1st half they will be getting some hammerings the ball over the top was catching them out every time but poor finishing from Lakeside and the last line of defence the fantastic Ethan Fern in the G goal they hung on and went 1-0 up. Thankyou Godolphin for being so friendly you are a lifesaver while im having a shit time lately.See you next week when we are off to the races with Chepstow in town