Cornwall Football Forum

semi final squads

Really dissappointed that out of the 16 teams that are taking part in 1st leg semi final matches this weekend in both the JAIPUR WOMENS and NALDERS SUNDAY LEAGUES , only 4 clubs have nominated their squads as per the rule book .

COMPETITION RULE 7 Clubs appearing in semi finals or finals must send intended squads and colours to be worn to League Secretary and opponents 7 DAYS prior to match or incur a fine of £10 .

You can only blame your own club if you play a player who has not played enough games to qualify and subsequently get ejected from the Competition.

So those missing can expect a letter from Norman !! :SM_carton::SM_carton: :SM_carton:

Guest Postie Pidge

GERALD SOBEY SHIELD SEMI FINAL 1ST LEG

Falmouth Albion vs Threemilestone

Tremough vs Oxford Inn

PETER HICKEY CUP SEMI FINAL 1ST LEG

Booters vs Mpad United

Halsetown vs Star

threemilestone have i think havnt they?

pricey was asking us all after the match on sunday

its a silly rule if you ask me what happens if 5 players come down with flew or other comitments

we play with no subs?????? :glare::c:

It seems an awful waste of money printing League Handbooks when hardly any clubs bother to read them. Couldn't we just ask the clubs if they're going to bother, then if they aren't, save on the printing and fine 'em straight away, say £20, to cover the ****-ups they're sure to make.

This is an old rule, is similar to County Cups, and is there so that clubs don't just draft in ringers for semis and finals. Also, to ensure that the players that got the clubs there get to play in the (relatively speaking) glamour games.

If there is a genuine 'flu epidemic - or a club plays at Malpas and hasn't got five games in yet, then the committee and opponents can agree to vary the rule. But it's easy to check if the club is making it all up to get a better squad in.

There is provision for an exception for a missing 'keeper. But the conditions are quite tough about who can be drafted in.

Try reading the League Rules. Rivetting stuff!

Really dissappointed that out of the 16 teams that are taking part in 1st leg semi final matches this weekend in both the JAIPUR WOMENS and NALDERS SUNDAY LEAGUES , only 4 clubs have nominated their squads as per the rule book .

Am I missing something here? I thought 4 teams made up a semi final?

I know I'm a bloody maths teacher but - 2 Leagues X 2 competitions X 4 teams comes close to 16. (I'd give you a tick for anything between 12 and 20)

Are you missing something? An education?

Sorry. I'm trained in sarcasm.

Really dissappointed that out of the 16 teams that are taking part in 1st leg semi final matches this weekend in both the JAIPUR WOMENS and NALDERS SUNDAY LEAGUES , only 4 clubs have nominated their squads as per the rule book

:thumbsup: Think you might want to double check your maths on this one :SM_carton: only 8 teams left in not 16?? 2 x leagues = 2 x 4 semi finals = 8 I think and I only went (sometimes to Redruth School)

Maybe it was different in your day :yahoo: Imight have even passed maths first time :drink:

Nice one Steve, your post is as accurate as one of your match reports!!

Luckily I went to Pool School, did'nt have Mr Lamin for maths though!

Just kidding Steve, think the other 8 teams are from the Jaipur Womens League

:thumbsup: .absolutely astounding replies lads .......even baffled stig :SM_carton: .....which must be a first !!!!!

For all the idiots out there who cannot work this one out (IAMTHEBEST !!)..here goes

JAIPUR WOMENS LEAGUE SEMIS

Div 1 CUP

BUDE V SALTASH

TORPOINT V LAUNCESTON

DIV 2 CUP

FALMOUTH V CALLINGTON

ROCHE V ST. BREWARD

MAKES 8 TEAMS

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NALDERS WEST CORNWALL SUNDAY LEAGUE

DIV 1 SOBEY SHIELD

FALMOUTH ALBION V THREEMILESTONE

TREMOUGH V OXFORD INN

DIV 2 PETER HICKEY CUP

BOOTERS V M/PAD UNITED ( Even Pidge was late with his squad )

HALSETOWN V STAR INN

ADD ANOTHER 8 TEAMS .........AND LIKE MAGIC WE GET THE ORIGINAL 16 TEAMS :lol::lol::lol:

SO LETS SEE YOU ALL SUPPORTING ON SUNDAY :thumbsup:

Guest Postie Pidge

The squad was in before the game (I know it probably had to be in by Tuesday but like the post better late than never) and having 20 players who are eligible, the number had to be whittled down to 16.