Cornwall Football Forum

2 minutes ago, cornish leg end said:

Sad news for a club like wadebridge. Feel they won’t be the last this season. Hope wadebridge can have a strong season with there first team now. 

This will be the first of many. I would not be surprised to see some senior sides meet the same fate.

20 hours ago, BIG AL said:

This will be the first of many. I would not be surprised to see some senior sides meet the same fate.

Thought I would never say this, but I agree with BIG AL!!!! During Coronavirus people have realised that there are more enjoyable things to do than play or watch football.

32 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Isn't it still a case of players moving on elsewhere to play rather than just packing up?

That will apply to some. While football has been locked down I know people who have either taken up new hobbies or returned to hobbies they used to have. Some will return to watching football, but many will not as they are enjoying activities such as cycling, swimming, surfing, golf, fishing etc. more than football!!  Also with the loss of jobs due to Coronavirus a footballer may have to work on a Saturday or evening to make ends meet. He might have to look after children if his wife has to work.

1 hour ago, Goldeneye said:

That will apply to some. While football has been locked down I know people who have either taken up new hobbies or returned to hobbies they used to have. Some will return to watching football, but many will not as they are enjoying activities such as cycling, swimming, surfing, golf, fishing etc. more than football!!  Also with the loss of jobs due to Coronavirus a footballer may have to work on a Saturday or evening to make ends meet. He might have to look after children if his wife has to work.

Spot on.