Cornwall Football Forum

New signing at Falmouth Town

Crikey you are a bit behind the times Dave. Falmouth had to wait for the 14 days to pass and it is only today that it can be officialy announced. This could be the player to help Falmouth to the league title.

I processed the transfer from Torpoint Athletic to Saltash United on Friday 1st Feb. He cannot sign for any other club until 14 days has elapsed, therefore he remains at Saltash United until at least Friday 15th February.

Phil H

PS - The date of registration or transfer is not the date the player or the club signs the form it is the date that the competition secretary (me) signs the counterfoil on the bottom of the form to say it is accepted by the competition.

I don't know who ECLP is but I will respond as it is obviously me. You said Carter was a 'signing'. Phil H is correct, I was out by a day. Carter's situation has been known since Falmouth Town put in the 7 days of appraoch to Saltash. Once the 7 days goes in to Saltash and once the player has decided to take up the offer of another club after the 7 days has elapsed then he can sign for whoever he wants provided the 14 days rule of registration for one club has also elapsed. I'm sure that Phil H will put his signature to the registration in plenty of time.

Postie Pidge is also right as the registration form at Falmouth cannot be signed until the due time is up (14 days). Falmouth having forwarded due notice of appraoch. 14 days registration expires I think one minute past midnight on Saturday morning. Get your pen ready on Saturday Pidge and fax off the registration to Phil H and good luck to Falmouth and of course Saltash.

It tells you in the SWPL handbook under Transfers. 6.4.3 says 'A player may not transfer to a club unless 14 days have expired from date of registration with another club'.

It has certainly been an unusal situation. Can anyone remember this happening before.

Am I right so far Phil H or have I missed something.

Very nearly correct, I would say that "14 days" from Friday 1st Feb is Fri 15th Feb so I think they can sign him from 12.01am on Friday rather than 12.01am on Saturday

I expect to have the form (or a fax of the form) on my desk by midday Friday if the player is to make his debut on Saturday.

Regards

Phil H

He still has to sign yet so the registration has got to be in to you by 12 noon the day preceding playing his first match for his new club.

He's a smashing lad, lets hope it works out of for him.

You are right Dave.

Guest Rubber Soul

Think I will trust the league secretary, rather than go on anything ECPL says, due to his previous inaccuracies in posts. Take anything ECPL says with a huge pinch of salt, is my advice. You shouldnt go writing about things you don't know to be true.

Thank you, Mr Hiscox, for clearing this matter up. It's just a pity you have to come on a forum like this to put the record straight, but that will always be necessary, I suppose, with people around like ECPL, who often adds two and two, and gets five and a half, and then states things as fact. :SM_carton:

Oooooooooooooooh!! Rubber Soul, steady on. I didn't start this thread. I asked Phil H to come on and clarify the situation which he has done. Don't forget the player hasn't even signed yet because he couldn't.

Your quote 'It's just a pity you have to come on a forum like this to put the record straight' comes about because I asked him to. We now know the difinitive answer concerning Transfer rule 6.4.3.

How silly of me to get the league secretary on to clarify the point for everyone to see.

Guest Rubber Soul

Typical of ECPL. Can't even spell Soul right. Never mind, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. ECPL, I suggest you take a break from this forum and go and get some education.

Guest Rubber Soul

Hi Neil. In his original post, ECPL spelt Soul as sole, but obviously he has been in and corrected his mistake, which I'm sure he is used to doing. He's getting a reputation as bad as that Tamarsider bloke, who disappeared into oblivion after upsetting so many people. Maybe ECPL will do the decent thing and go the same way . . .

Guest Rubber Soul

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . . for pete's sake, go and take your mrs out or something ..... find something else to do than worry about Adam bl@@dy Carter. At least you spelt HIS name right, I suppose.