Cornwall Football Forum

St Piran becoming ‘Regional Feeder League’

After seeing on Twitter this afternoon a post from a reliable source, the St Piran will become a regional feeder league this season after all.

Will this mean that the league will no longer rely on a green light to restart alongside the rest of the football pyramid? Of course I don’t mean start now, but when the FA release their updated guidelines this week and it is safe to restart in conjunction with the pending changes 

21 minutes ago, Gary S said:

After seeing on Twitter this afternoon a post from a reliable source, the St Piran will become a regional feeder league this season after all.

Will this mean that the league will no longer rely on a green light to restart alongside the rest of the football pyramid? Of course I don’t mean start now, but when the FA release their updated guidelines this week and it is safe to restart in conjunction with the pending changes 

This isn't news Gary.  Many weeks ago when the FA announced that the changes to the NLS were being delayed a year an exception was the Step 7 Leagues becoming NLS Regional Feeder Leagues.  In effect not a lot changes as we still have strong tie ins to the NLS and they still have large elements of control.  We may be able to start earlier than the NLS as they are committed to a common start date for all Steps but we will only start when it is safe to do so as dictated by Government and FA policies and directives.  Key amongst the requirements is for all clubs to have completed a COVID Risk Assessment before starting playing.  The FA's guidance on how to complete that has yet to be published but the CCFA have sent the Bluefin guidelines to all clubs which will provide a good start point.

Thanks for the information Steve.

I thought I had read that the FA were pushing back the changes to next year, I must have missed the part about step 7 still going ahead. Hopefully all clubs can provide a safe environment for players, coaching staff, match officials, volunteers and supporters when we are allowed to restart