Jump to content
Cornwall Football Forum
Sign in to follow this  
swilly bingrove

parkway expectations

Recommended Posts

considering the budget being spent at the club i have to ask wot is success this year ? another year of buying the league after they basicly did this year until the virus ... does the style of football mater to any1 or is it win at all costs ? personaly i think hobbs out if he cant win the league in style this year !! i get that they have sum flair players who are nice to watch but i cudnt tell u wot style there going for. give him 6 games and if it aint maximum points with fluid footy get the lad OUT !!! all the best for the year , hope theres something exciting to watch and not just the purse strings doin the talking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will be winning the league. Nothing else. Not sure they are too bothered on style of football. The club need the next step up now hence the money spent on experienced players. His biggest issue is keeping them all happy. Big egos won’t be signing to sit on the bench on a cold wet midweek game miles away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Dave Deacon said:

Not so sure Bradford Town would agree that Parkway would have finished champions!

ayy come on son , you know what the parkway lot are like. any doubt of promotion and i wudnt of been surprised if they paid the refs on the sly lol 

 

1 minute ago, sportsman10 said:

It will be winning the league. Nothing else. Not sure they are too bothered on style of football. The club need the next step up now hence the money spent on experienced players. His biggest issue is keeping them all happy. Big egos won’t be signing to sit on the bench on a cold wet midweek game miles away. 

good fair point sportsman and well said ! progression is most important , be interesting to see if the lads not getting gd minutes stick it out or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, swilly bingrove said:

3 games extra played werent it bud ? if parkway arent up this year its huge failure , which would make the transfers out this yr look even more weird !

We'll never know how the Western League title race would have panned out Mr Bingrove, but given the level of fixture pile up that most clubs faced (Parkway had 17 league games in to play in something like 6 weeks when they league was halted) points on the board could have been an advantage over games in hand. But, as I said, we'll never know.

Given the strength of playing squad assembled and the ambitions of the club in general, don't think promotion would be enough. Lee Hobbs is already on record as saying that he will be expected to deliver the league title next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would say with the players they have assembled already and the money attached to those players, winning every trophy they compete in (plus a relatively good run in both the FA Vase & FA Cup) would be a bare minimum that the board would expect.

Having said that, with Tavistock appointing Paul Stapleton as Chairman and with the calibre of players they are touted to be signing/bringing to the club (say that very lightly), my guess is that Parkway would have to go up another gear to compete with them. 

Its going to be a very interesting Western League this season and you can never right Bradford or Exmouth of either. I know what game I will attending on Boxing Day that's for sure.

Good luck to all teams this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Mike Odgers said:

it would have been more interesting if Saltash had been promoted to the WL  but for the Covid  interruption

Not forgetting Helston. I am sure Steve Massey would not have been happy with just making up the numbers, he would have wanted them to be in amongst the competing teams.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parkway will struggle without all the goals Adam Carter scored for them big mistake letting him go how can they replace a player of his Calibre and goals same  goes for Saltash in the Kitchen Premier League how can they replace Ryan Richards goals they cant but Dane BUNNEY will do a good job i always thought he was underated because it was always Matt Cusacks team , now is your chance Dane to show the doubters they are wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

Parkway will struggle without all the goals Adam Carter scored for them big mistake letting him go how can they replace a player of his Calibre and goals same  goes for Saltash in the Kitchen Premier League how can they replace Ryan Richards goals they cant but Dane BUNNEY will do a good job i always thought he was underated because it was always Matt Cusacks team , now is your chance Dane to show the doubters they are wrong

Agree, taking Adam Carter's goals out of the team could be a big loss, but hopefully they will be spread out amongst the squad a bit more next season. Would think that Matt Wright, Mikey Williams and Ryan Richards would be good for 20+ each (assuming they stay injury free) and then expect others such as Shane Krac and Billy Palfrey will chip in with a few more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of those players will get the amount of goals Adam Carter saw Matt  Wright playing for Truro many years ago but he had a good player alongside him then in Newquays own Isaac Vassel  Ryan RICHARDS may struggle as well he will be up against bigger nastier and uglier defenders in a higher league Mikey Williams very good player and Shane KRAC hard player guaranteed to give 100%Commitment and severel yellow cards and some red as well but a real leader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Way Of The Park said:

 Not sure there is much point in publicising these matches as spectators cannot be admitted, and it also might encourage people to turn up. They will effectively be training sessions behind closed doors.

Both st blazey and and other clubs quite openly advertising games where I have seen people say they are turning up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sportsman10 said:

Both st blazey and and other clubs quite openly advertising games where I have seen people say they are turning up. 

Reading the FA guidelines, and also from other forum posts over on the Peninsula League section, my understanding is that spectators are not permitted at pre-season games involving clubs at steps 1-6. Whether letting in non paying spectators is a loophole some clubs will exploit is another debate, and also if there is the possibility of FA sanctions against clubs that ignore guidance. Little clubs could do though if people looked over the fence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So thats my plans out the window then was going to Blazey to see them vs Plymouth Parkway and to ST austell to see them play Helston YOUTH whats the point of having Pre season friendlies if noone can watch them its all a  bloody joke there wont be big crowds there anyway was lookinf forward to getting out fed up with looking at 4 bloody walls .Someone needs to give a proper answer can spectators go or not,there is 1000s of holiday makers here in Newquay and most of them arent social distanting ,i know us fans can find somewhere where we dont have to be near anyone at a ground i have my usual spots where ever   i go .Will be really dissapointed if cant get to games Newquay got a big game coming up August 29th vs Nuneaton Boro and they are bringing down a  good size crowd of spectators whose going to tell them they cant get in It says you are highly unlikely to catch the corona Virus outside we could all wear masks anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 100%cornish said:

So thats my plans out the window then was going to Blazey to see them vs Plymouth Parkway and to ST austell to see them play Helston YOUTH whats the point of having Pre season friendlies if noone can watch them its all a  bloody joke there wont be big crowds there anyway was lookinf forward to getting out fed up with looking at 4 bloody walls .Someone needs to give a proper answer can spectators go or not,there is 1000s of holiday makers here in Newquay and most of them arent social distanting ,i know us fans can find somewhere where we dont have to be near anyone at a ground i have my usual spots where ever   i go .Will be really dissapointed if cant get to games Newquay got a big game coming up August 29th vs Nuneaton Boro and they are bringing down a  good size crowd of spectators whose going to tell them they cant get in It says you are highly unlikely to catch the corona Virus outside we could all wear masks anyway

Would have thought the blazey v parkway game would have drawn a huge crowd. Might still do as loads lads from Plymouth will go down to watch thier mates. Who going to refuse them entry ? Also blazey could make a ton of money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parkway and blazey 1-1. 

Excellent result for blazey away from home even in a pre season. Anyone know the line ups ?

Does this mean blazey are looking more of a quality team this season then people thought and may be a surprise or parkway with a lot more  work to do to get the new lads playing as a team.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed last night. Both teams gave it everything. A really good game to watch. Parkway finished the stronger but several excellent saves earned St Blazey a very good draw. The bar has been set!!

Parkways ground looking really good. Tarmaced areas look very smart. Certainly a club that improves every season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2020 at 08:14, sportsman10 said:

Parkway and blazey 1-1. 

Excellent result for blazey away from home even in a pre season. Anyone know the line ups ?

Does this mean blazey are looking more of a quality team this season then people thought and may be a surprise or parkway with a lot more  work to do to get the new lads playing as a team.  

Probably a bit of both. Blazey's new keeper, Jordan Duffey, certainly impressed the Parkway supporters with a string of saves in the second half as they came under sustained pressure from the home side. Lee Hobbs' outfit will need time to bed the new signings in and get used to the new coaching staff of Matt Cusack and Matt Godfree, but that's what these matches are about. Only four players from last season's Parkway team started, key players in Rob Farkins,Shane Krac and Matt Wright didn't appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...