Cornwall Football Forum

IS THIS A SILLY QUESTION.

IS THIS A SILLY QUESTION.

We all know the leagues at the lower levels have been declared null & void but all these games have been played. I can imagine if a game is abandoned and could never be played but these games WERE PLAYED.

Null & voiding the season is one thing but to completely eradicate a leagues results cannot be fair. These games were played, fines paid cautions or red cards, referees paid etc. So can anyone come up with a sensible reason why all results are expunged. It is easy to say - but the FA have made the decision and that is that. But is it.

I can give you an example. A young girl played her first senior game for Plymouth Argyle Ladies a day after her 16th birthday. A record that can never be beaten unless someone plays their first game on their 16th birthday.

Why should that record be expunged forever for playing in a game that was legally contested at the time. What about the 40 odd goals scored by St Dominick striker Keiran Ryall. All removed.

My question is WHY ? I don't have a problem of a season being ended because of something like Covid 19 but surely all results must remain as a matter of record as the lock down happened after these games had been played. Any ideas.

This all very much depends on the admin actions taken in Full-Time.  For example, in the St Piran League, all of the league fixtures that were played now show as 'Void' but if you click on a fixture you'll still see the teams and goal scorers.  Likewise, if you click on the Stats tab the records are still populated.  In the admin pages, not publicly viewable, the scores are still recorded.  So yes, the season is void but the records remain.

The way Steve or someone for St Piran has done it is perfect. Looking back players/fans,etc might want to look at goalscorers or anything they like. For now the ECPL Full Time was decided to be left as it is so you can still see the table standings and so on. 

Stats aren't fully populated for ECPL for 19/20 anyway, as it was mid-season when we fully enabled it's uses to enable team sheets, scorers, cards, subs etc to be implemented. Team admins can still backdate lineups, scorers etc though. I did my own for my team when it was enabled. It would be beneficial for others to do the same if they have the time and information. I'm sure as mentioned above that for example, St Dom's Ryall will want to see 40+ rather than 26 goals as it currently says.

Whenever we restart 20/21 this will be mandatory for ALL teams to enter digitally in this manner so why not learn now.

When I last looked the Trelawny match stats were there showing behind the main screens. Unfortunately the Duchy have now amended their records and league results have gone, only cup games left. I say unfortunately because I was too slow in getting to take the stats off for my own records. Might now need to be bothering some of the clubs for more details!   

4 hours ago, Dave Deacon said:

When I last looked the Trelawny match stats were there showing behind the main screens. Unfortunately the Duchy have now amended their records and league results have gone, only cup games left. I say unfortunately because I was too slow in getting to take the stats off for my own records. Might now need to be bothering some of the clubs for more details!   

Yeah I should have been a bit clearer... Trelawny League games which weren't played show as void... The games that were played, the scores still stand (together with all stats) however, the tables have all been reset.