Cornwall Football Forum

fixture pile up - here we go again

Due to weather and re-arranged fixtures, Newquay have played only 2 league games in nearly two months and we are down to miss out again this saturday as the first team have 6 or 7 Cornwall U18 call ups. It means the first team game has to go ahead with a reserve side and our game is off.

We have floodlights...but there is no suggestion of any catch up games being played midweek at their place or ours! We playd our under 18s in a friendly last week just to blow away some cob-webs.

Why must we play two thirds of our league games in the first and last 6 weeks of the season and barely anything else in between ?

Is there anyone else out there with a fixture pile up ? I know we would be happy to play midweek if anyone fancies sorting out a midweek game. I am sure the league would welcome the suggestion ?

WE WOULD PLAY I THINK CARL, AS WE HAVE 6 OR 7 GAMES TO CATCH UP I THINK. BUT WITH THE POSITION WERE IN WE WOULD BE BE REALLY PISSED IF YOU THREW IN A LOAD OF 1ST TEAMERS.

Like I've posted before.

It's not a forgone conclusion that Truro will win the league. They may not complete all their fixtures and will have their record expunged again.

Below is a list of how many games each team has played. Remember we play 38 games plus any cup games still outstanding. 16 Saturdays left to the end of the season so a team like Perranwell have 18 league games plus at least 1 in the Sup Cup Q-F have to pencil in a few Tuesdays.

TRURO CITY RESERVES 25

HELSTON ATHLETIC 22

PERRANWELL 20

HOLMAN SC 23

PORTHLEVEN RESERVES 23

ST IVES TOWN 26

ILLOGAN RBL 24

ST AGNES 24

PENRYN ATHLETIC RESERVES 27

HAYLE RESERVES 25

RNAS CULDROSE 23

ST JUST 23

NEWQUAY RESERVES 21

PERRANPORTH 22

FALMOUTH TOWN RESERVES 21

ST DAY 22

WENDRON CC UNITED RESERVES 26

MULLION 25

LUDGVAN 24

PENZANCE RESERVES 30

It also means us Pz supporters can a few Saturdays off to do some decorating, gardening or even watching our 1st team lose. ^_^

CTB

What about Lanreath (8 played), Sticcker (9) and Saltash United (10) in the ECPL Premier Division. they still have 18, 17 and 16 games respectively to play.

Likewise Lifton (9) and Bude (10) in division One with 17 and 16 games to play.

DON'T WANT TO SOUND SILLY OR ANYTHING BUT I HAVE TO SOMETIMES INTERUPT AND MENTION THE OBVIOUS.

IT RAINED SO MUCH IN DECEMBER, JANUARY AND FEBRUARY THAT I NEARLY BUILT AN ARK ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF LAUNCESTON UNTIL I GOT BORED WITH THE IDEA AND THEN WENT TO THE PUB.

THIS HAPPENS EVEY SEASON.

TOWARDS THE END OF MARCH I AM QUITE HAPPY TO DO TWO GAMES ON A SATURDAY WHERE TEAMS GROUND-SHARE AND I AM HAPPY TO DO MIDWEEK GAMES AS WELL.

LET'S ENJOY IT !!!!!!!!!!!!